Thread: Johnny Valiant dies at 71; struck by truck

Status
      Country                    United States

Johnny Valiant dies at 71; struck by truck

Former wrestler and manager Johnny Valiant / “Luscious” Johnny V (Thomas Sullivan) was killed on Wednesday morning after being struck by a truck.

The accident occurred early in the morning in Ross Township in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania.

News of the accident was reported by WPXI on Wednesday morning, stating that Valiant ran across the middle of McKnight Road around 5 am when it was still dark out and raining. McKnight is said to be a busy road and Valiant opted not to use the crosswalk section.

Valiant came up through the Detroit wrestling scene and was trained by Al Costello of The Fabulous Kangaroos tag team.

His greatest fame as a wrestler came when he was given the Valiant name and teamed with Jimmy Valiant and would later include Jerry Valiant as well. The team of Johnny and Jimmy would win the WWWF version of the tag titles in May 1974 from Tony Gares and Dean Ho in Hamburg, Pennsylvania and held the titles for over a year before dropping them in May 1975. The duo left and won the San Francisco version of the NWA tag titles in December 1976 from The Royal Kangaroos, Jonathan Boyd, and Norman Frederick Charles III and had a brief run before dropping the titles to Pat Patterson and Pepper Gomez, who were legends in the San Francisco territory. After that run, they won the Georgia version of the tag titles in Atlanta in July 1976

Johnny would return to the WWWF with partner Jerry Valiant (John Hill) to win the tag titles in March 1979 from Tony Garea and Larry Zbyszko at a television taping in Allentown, Pennsylvania and drop them for the final time to October 1979 to Ivan Putski and Tito Santana.

Johnny had a pair of runs with the Indianapolis-based WWA promotion, where he won their tag titles on four separate occasions with Johnny Valiant between January 1974 – July 1978. Johnny would also return to the WWA in 1981 and win the promotion’s heavyweight title in April 1981 but dropped the title immediately afterward.

After his in-ring career ended, he served as a manager in both the AWA and the World Wrestling Federation during the latter’s national expansion period.

Valiant managed Hulk Hogan early in Hogan’s career in the AWA and would become the mouthpiece for Brutus Beefcake and Greg Valentine’s Dream Team unit in the WWF. Later in his WWF tenure, he managed an updated version of The Dream Team with Valentine and Dino Bravo. Valiant was also used to introduce Demolition with the company in 1987.

Valiant was also a regular on commentary during his time with the WWF, which lasted until 1988.

Valiant was inducted into the WWE’s Hall of Fame in 1996 and was 71-years of age at the time of his passing.
    RIP, terrible story.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Re: Johnny Valiant dies at 71; struck by truck

Seventy-one and it took a truck to take him out. That's pretty bad-ass and makes a change to all the guys dying in their forties due to drug abuse.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    Seventy-one and it took a truck to take him out. That's pretty bad-ass and makes a change to all the guys dying in their forties due to drug abuse.
    Nancy Grace told me he was 43 and the truck was full of steroids.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    yeah pretty cool he died
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    Nancy Grace told me he was 43 and the truck was full of steroids.
    Yeah, but Nancy Grace is a giant fucking dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    yeah pretty cool he died
    That's obviously what I said.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

hey I know I’m just magnifying that for you

vehicular manslaughter is fucking sick bro

valiants family must think that’s RADICAL DUDE
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

What is your problem? That's clearly not what I said or what I meant and you know it. I was just pointing out that this guy was still going strong at seventy-one and would likely have kept on going were it not for a freak accident; something that I feel is admirable. Maybe I worded it a little unwisely but you knew what I meant because you're not a fucking moron, so stop acting like you are.

Thread Information