Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Impact Wrestling: Redemption Discussion Thread

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: Impact Wrestling: Redemption Discussion Thread

Sigh
    Having Aries Lose The World Title To Someone That Most People Have Seen Only Once Before Is A Bad Move Moving Forward
    I Would Have Kept The Title On Aries Until They Had Someone In Position To Take It From Him Who Had been Built Up Over Time On TV.
    Who Could be The Face Of The Company.

Sweet Meat

Status

I can see why you'd say that, but man, for me, Pentagon over Aries is a huuuge upgrade.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I'm kinda torn on the Main Event finish, for one I love Pentagon JR and happy to see him win the Title, but at the same time I wonder why take the title off Aries last night hmm. I heard that the original plans were to have Patron win over Aries, and let's be honest guys no one wanted to see that happen. I heard also Aries might be going to ROH long term, but we won't know that till we start seeing him getting written off TV. When it comes to the Redemption PPV overall, it has to be the best PPV Impact has had in years guys, in YEARS!

Aerostar vs Drago. Truly a hot Crowd all night and Aerostar and Drago brought over their rivalry from Lucha Underground to a Impact Audience and boy it was really entertaining. Even with the botches towards the end, if you want to watch Lucha Libre at it's finest this is a great starting point.

Drake/Steiner vs LAX. It was very smart to limit the time of this Tag Team Match to aid Steiner, and it was a solid Match, but I'm not sure if I wanted those two to win the belts over the best team in the Company. We'll get a rematch down the line, but prepare for alot of gloating this week on Impact.

6 Way Match. First of all it seems Cage is going to be in the X-Division he hinted at it with a Tweet later after the Show, but damn this Match was a true Car Crash of Action throughout. Everyone had their moment in the Sun during the Match, and if I was Sydal I would be very afraid of Cage being involved in the Division he's going to be losing that title very soon!

Taya Valkyrie vs Hogan. Yeah this was the cooler after a great Match just before this, and I can't believe Tessa Blanchard showed up on Commentary. The Knockouts Division is starting to look very strong with the addition and it was funny to hear Tessa talk as if she's Knockouts Champion already. Who could forget about this Match Petey is doing a backstage promo and Steiner tells him to become Petey Pump again so his Wife will love him more. Also never trust Canadian Math says Steiner

Sydal vs Williams. I was honestly a little disappointed this Match, I thought both guys could of given way more. Their was no drama going into this Match. What is Sydal is he a face or heel, and Petey do we believe he can hold the title again, when he's in and out of Impact lately.

House of Hardcore Match. This Match was really fun to watch and all the guys performed really well, and Eddie Edwards had to the MVP for me in this Match. He took it to that next level, a level I never seen him. Eddie was swinging a Chair like Balls Mahoney, with no care in the world to hurt Sami, and he even striked his Wife by accident in a furious rage it was pretty nuts. Sami must of loved that, he was bloody as hell, and he got Eddie to lose his cool God Sami is so damn good.

Allie vs Su Yung. Another okay Knockouts Match, Allie had to deal with not just Su Yung, but her former Hubbie Sutter and she retained. I'm still wondering how in the hell did you not have Rosemary on this card, if you were able to squeeze in Taya vs Hogan.

Pentagon JR vs Fenix vs Aries. Man the greatness these three did at Wrestlecon, they expanded on it and was amazing to watch these three work their asses off to get this Match over. I'm still shocked Pentagon JR won the title, because Aries was doing so damn well as Champ, but I'm really fucking interested how Impact shows off Pentagon JR as Champion going forward.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Impact Wrestling Redemption

Drago vs Aerostar

- Decent opener for the show, pretty good in parts. Crowd was into both men. Sloppy at times, very noticeably messing up the finish. Shame about the botches because this was good besides them. **¾

Konnan hasn’t left yet? Wow.

LAX vs Scott Steiner and Eli Drake
    -Fine Tag Team Match. Did well considering the limitations of Scott Steiner. **½

Taiji Ishimori vs. Dezmond Xavier vs. El Hijo del Fantasma vs. Brian Cage vs. DJZ vs. Trevor Lee
    - Pretty cool match. Everyone had some good spots.Fun Match. Everyone is messing up on the ropes tonight. ***

Taya Valkyrie vs. Kiera Hogan
    - This went way longer than it needed to be and it wasn’t any good. But it did its purpose and that’s the put over Tessa Blanchard’s character. Job well done. **

Petey and Scott's reunion was awesome.

Matt Sydal vs Petey Williams
    - Is Matt Sydal supposed to sound like he is stoned out of his mind? Anyway, another good match. Both looks good. ***

Tommy Dreamer, Moose, and Eddie Edwards vs. oVe

- This was really good. Great Brawl. Loved Eddie in this match.Amazing aftermatch angle. ***¼

Allie vs. Su Yung
    - Su Yung’s character work was pretty good, this match wasn’t. Not very interesting but the crowd was into it. Lol at Callis calling Braxton sexy. Also, Su Yung’s pretty hot, don’t tell Rich Swann I said that. *½

Austin Aries (c) vs. Pentagon Jr. vs. Fenix
    - Awesome ending. Taking out Fenix and Aries. Great surprise winner. That will get some much needed buzz. This was a great match, really well worked. Everyone had a strategy that made sense and it made for an entertaining match. Loved how the teased the finish from the last Triple Threat they had. So happy that Petagon is in Impact. Awesome. ***1/2

Also, Don Callis first line includes a “Stamford” reference. That’s all. The shows was good. Almost everything was entertaining with a few expections, the show didn't drag and it had an awesome main event. C+

MVP:
    Villains of the Night: Those ropes. Countless times it's caused botches in matches.

Star Ratings: (Best to Worst)
    Main Event: ***1/2
    6 Man Tag Team Match: ***1/4
    X-divsion and Cage Match: ***
    Petey Williams vs Matt Sydal: ***
    Opener: **3/4
    LAX vs Steiner and Drake: **1/2
    Taya vs Hogan: **
    Allie vs Su Young: *1/2
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    I can see why you'd say that, but man, for me, Pentagon over Aries is a huuuge upgrade.
    Is it?

I know this is your opinion and I like Pentagon too but Aries has been the most interesting he’s been in quite some time and is doing some great work whereas Pentagon just has less and less appeal to me.

In a way, I feel like Penta’s been hurt from being too exposed whereas overexposure has actually brought Aries a much needed refresh.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Is it?

I know this is your opinion and I like Pentagon too but Aries has been the most interesting he’s been in quite some time and is doing some great work whereas Pentagon just has less and less appeal to me.

In a way, I feel like Penta’s been hurt from being too exposed whereas overexposure has actually brought Aries a much needed refresh.
    I think Aries is horribly, horribly hit or miss and I find him miss way more than hit everywhere he goes.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

I thought the show was very easy to watch and a big positive for Impact. The theme of the show was pretty apt, it wasn't so much about the wrestlers wanting redemption as it was the powers that be looking for redemption after so many years where they didn't contribute much to the wrestling world.

The opener was good, probably went a tad too long and suffered from some of the usual Aerostar botching. If these two are hanging around you've got the option of some solid X-Division guys, or a tag team that you can feed to the new champs.

I just had a feeling last night that after the press conference they laid on for Scott Steiner and how tweeting out his math promo broke the record for the most engaged tweet in their history, that they'd milk the Steiner udder a little bit more and put the belts on him. I actually don't hate it, if LAX had won the match they really wouldn't of had any other challengers to take on and I'm not interested in seeing Eli Drake in the main event picture at all, so teaming with Scott Steiner in a tongue in cheek tag team strangely works for me. I thought Scott did pretty well at times. Sign me up for Steiner Vs PCO. Loved the idea behind the finish that with Konnan gone, LAX were missing that voice from their mentor to guide them through the match and not let them lose focus.

The 6 way was crazy fun and only let down by Cage's moonsault botch. There is an insane amount of talent in this match that makes you look at the Sydal Vs Williams match later on in the night and make you think they could of booked a more exciting 1 on 1 X-Division title match. I'm torn on what they should do with Cage. On one hand, he is better in the ring with smaller, faster guys and you back up the idea that the X-Division is about no weight limits. On the other hand, look at the 5 other guys in this match, add in Sydal, Williams, Drago and Aerostar and you've got a lot of talent Jr heavyweight guys who would be perfect to showcase in this division so why have Cage run through everyone because what will you have left when it's time to move Cage up. I'm fairly certain they are doing a Weapon-X Divison angle here.

Taya/Hogan was ok, I quite like that Hogan girl the more I see of her. The match was overshadowed by Tessa on commentary, I don't think this was the right way to debut her, but she carries herself well as a arrogant champion without a belt, and I think it's a good signing by Impact.

Wiliams Vs Sydal was good, but Matt has really regressed to the point where I'm not sure he can have a great match anymore. He used to be the guy you'd stick people with to have great matches and make them a star like he did with Will Ospreay for Rev-Pro 3-4 years ago.

Blown away by how much the crowd loved Tommy Dreamer and will the ECW chants ever die in my lifetime? I enjoyed the house of hardcore match more than I thought I was going to, because.....well it's Sami Callihan and I never look forward to his matches. It's all about the closing angle for me, the main thing I want from this feud is for Edwards to be elevated back up to the main event, and I think they are totally trying to make him the star coming out of this one, but I'm not sure the accidental wifebeater is the direction to go in.

Allie Vs Su Yung was ok, but Su Yung's gimmick stinks and the Braxton dude is a fool that needs to take his James Ellsworth type involvement in women's matches and go home. Looking forward to Allie against different opponents to cement her as the ace of this division.

Main Event was probably the best TNA match since EC3 Vs Spud all those years ago, and would of been even better if it wasn't for Fenix's out of character botches on the ropes. I'm not sure Pentagon has been overexposed because he's not working in that many relevant places, I managed to get to mania weekend before I'd seen a single match of his this year, but I think the act got a little stale by being booked in nothing but exhibition matches on the indies where he'd do his best bits from Lucha Underground to pop the crowd and that would be it. Pentagon on TV, being able to be booked in angles and feuds and being positioned as the top guy in the company is a fresh look as far as I'm concerned.

And no Don Callis wasn't very good on the commentary booth, seemed to bring out the worst in Matthews at times as well. All in all though, a really good night for the promotion; I said I was sticking with them until Redemption and this ppv has ensured I'll be watching Impact for the foreseeable.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-VtAm_iLKA

Amazing.

‘Easy to watch’ has felt like the most consistent compliment for these Impact shows. Redemption really was. A couple of rope botches and one thing I really didn’t like but up and down it was pretty good with a really strong main event. Boy, that was a good match. I thought this was way better than the Impact/LU match and the callbacks and Pentagon finding a way to win really magnified it for me. Aries dropping the belt feels kind of weird but after this introduction I’m all eyes with how the bring Penta into the fold more.

It’s weird, Sydal finally found a oddly great character but like Ed Im not really that high on him these days.Thought Petey looked the betterof the two.

The hardcore six man was pretty crazy and entertaining, but I feel like there are a few major missteps in this Eddie/Sami feud.

Steiner winning rules

I didn’t like Yung/Allie at all. Sutter’s not good in this role, the match wasn’t very good, Yung’s just not very good to me and her gimmick feels second rate, and the post match stuff was Wrestlecrappy.

Callis was The Room of commentary. Started out hilariously bad then just became exhaustingly bad.
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 04-23-2018 at 09:34 PM.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

This show was alright over all. There amwas some good, mostly alright and a little bit of shut in there.

Aerostar vs Drago to start was okay. Nothing special but fun. I don’t care for their over reliance on LU guys here. Why have a match that is two non-Impact guys on their Redemption show? Not to mention the sloppy spots.

Tessa Blanchard debuts. It definitely took away from the match but it was more about Tessa. Tessa’s a big deal and Impact need her. If they are smart they keep Tessa and Rosemary away from each other for now as that’s the only big match you have right now in that division.

Allie vs Su Young was alright. The theme with a lot of this stuff for me is that if it would have had more heat, be it the audience or the bookings fault, it would have been way better. The crowd was awful. This feud doesn’t matter. How could anyone care?

That’s all three matches above btw. How could have anyone cared about those three matches going in? Why would anyone buy those matches?

Petey vs Sydal was good. I wouldn’t have ended it with a roll up but okay. I like both of these guys but Sydal has a brighter future so I think we have the right winner.

LAX vs Steiner & Drake was not good. The wrong people won. The end.

Aries vs Pentagón vs Fenix was awesome. I thought Aries had to lose this match. I would have had Aries beat Patron but with this only having two weeks of clip build and all the pr drama, it was too he right thing to get people talking about this event with a surprise.

Thread Information