Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: WWE 205 Live Discussion: April 4th, 2018

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion: April 4th, 2018

There might of been a better crowd, but I can't remember it. While they probably will be suffering from a wrestling hangover, if you're still in NOLA by Tuesday night I think then you're a hardcore wrestling fan and 205 Live is gonna be the final hurrah of the week so it might have the opposite effect and be a really dope crowd.

They're doing a really great job of lining up challengers for the new champ after mania. Buddy Murphy is set to go at challenger #1, but then there's Drew Gulak if he overcomes Mark Andrews, and then you've got Jack Gallagher, TJP and Tony Nese all getting these squash matches to pick up wins too.

Sweet Meat

Status

They're really pushing simple but effective story telling. It isn't all super card stuff with no promos, character, or stories, but it's far less RAW than it was. Which is good. Not because RAW/SD stuff doesn't have a place as I of all people believe it firmly does. But the more alternatives they offer the better.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    While they probably will be suffering from a wrestling hangover, if you're still in NOLA by Tuesday night I think then you're a hardcore wrestling fan and 205 Live is gonna be the final hurrah of the week so it might have the opposite effect and be a really dope crowd.
    I like that positivity man, you're right. If someone's at 205 Live after all that wrestling then they are hardcore af. This isn't a regular crowd with just some hardcore fans but mostly families and casuals, this is the hardcore fan base that love this shit and should have picked up on the news that 205 has changed for the better by now. Could end up being the best crowd any of these guys have wrestled in front of since the inception of the show.

Jobber

Status

I can't wait until Triple H gets to grips with Raw and Smackdown too. That seems to be the succession plan. Started with NXT, he's moved onto 205 Live. It can't be a coincidence that both have so improved under his leadership. He knows who is the best fit backstage and he's got a hell of a team under him in NXT.

205 Live has been so good. Nice, simply storytelling. You don't need anything too contrived to give people a reason to care, just give them good wrestling and guys they can get invested in. Johnny Gargano is the classic, and best example of this.

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Still catching up on the A show, ignore me.

- Man Hideo's such a dick, very specifically to Lince Dorado. Such an odd pairing to have serious beef with each other, but I dig it. Hideo taking every spare moment to antagonise Lince helps. Like the dude at the last brownie at a house party five years ago and Hideo never let him forget it. Fun opener, bit disappointed it ended in a no-contest, but I can understand why, keeping to fire stoked for the massive Lucha House Party/Itami & Tozawa showdown where one side murders the absolute shit out of the other. Alright, acceptable, sure. Oh, and for the record, Gran Metalik's Metalcore Mariachi theme > Kalisto's salsa pop theme, feel free to @ me on this, I'll fight you.

- A powerpoint presentation with only one slide still counts as a powerpoint presentation! Praise be, my dorky politician Drew Gulak isn't completely done away with, just overshadowed - and justifiably so - by grapplefuck monster Drew. Nice. Sidenote tho, wasn't Gulock the name of the town in Shrek...?

- Draverick taking a vested interest in his talent's potential = heart emojis. Solid way to get Nese back on track with the squash, nothing special but it'll help him not get completely lost after various multiple losses.

- Speaking of themes, Bubby Murphy's bombastic dubstep theme #1 > dubstep theme #2. His current theme sounds like rave-themed elevator music. But , eh. Anyway, fantastic main event, even with the minor botches. I don't even mind the struggle for Buddy to hit Kalisto with Murphy's Law, came off like Kalisto valiantly struggling to prevent a killer move and ultimately failing. By that point in the match, Kalisto's pure speed had worn down to the point where Buddy was able to brute strength his way into hitting his finisher. I would've liked it more if it was mentioned that Buddy Murphy's NXT Tag Team Title reign began by defeating Kalisto, but that's just because I'm a stickler for paths crossing and acknowledgement of such, however minor. Regardless, great match, very fun.

- Is this where all that Heart vs Soul talk came from for the Mania CW match? A fifteen second exchange discussing the philosophical and spiritual drawbacks of the two? Huh.

Thread Information