Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WC at Live Events

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    England

WC at Live Events

I've noticed we seem to have a lot more members making their way to wrestling events now (or at least more mentioning it), so I thought a catch-all thread might be a cool idea. That way you can chat about any upcoming shows, your experiences, photos, and see if any fellow members might be making their way to the same one as you. A similar thread has been ticking along nicely in the music section for a while now so thought it was worth a swing.

Personally, I'm off to ATTACK! Pro Wrestling later this month for their return to Bristol. Went back in January for the first time & was a good show overall. Pretty laid back (despite the big angle at the end), low on expectations too as they don't announce cards in advance, which means when the likes of ZSJ rock up, it's worth the value of entry alone.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WC at Live Events

Coincidentally, I will be at a Smackdown house show tonight! Second year in a row I’ll be going to the last house show before Mania.

I will also be at a NGW:TN show in Newport that features Nick Aldis defending the NWA World Title against Matt Cross, NGW:TN Champion Shane Strickland, and Rey Fenix vs. Ultimo Dragon with Sonny Onoo. Real stoked about that.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I can't think of a worse time to go to a house show given no-one will want to get hurt right before mania

[Your Name]

Status

Ultimo Dragon vs. Fenix sounds awesome Nicky

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I can't think of a worse time to go to a house show given no-one will want to get hurt right before mania
    I actually had a fun time at last year’s show and never got that feeling. I remember vividly Styles bumping like a mad man though I highly doubt I will see that tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Ultimo Dragon vs. Fenix sounds awesome Nicky

The card as a whole is okay but that match sold my ticket.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

I went to a show this past weekend on Saturday night. It was a local show that’s run by B-Boy, some of you might know him. He actually speaks to me and says hi when he sees me at the shows and will even message me on Facebook to see if I want him to reserve a front row seat for me. He’s a good dude and runs a great show. He also wrestles at the show.

The card had some solid matches with guys like Eli Everyfly vs Tyler Bateman, Uptown Andy Brown vs Douglas James, and Delilah Doom vs Heather Monroe. James and Eli made their PWG debuts at the last show, and Bateman will be making his debut at the next PWG show teaming with Brody King. If you haven’t seen Delilah Doom, think like nXt Bayley when she first arrived there with all of the hugging and such. Delilah is awesome though, check her out.

Next show I’ll be at will be on Friday the 13th and it’s FIST Combat. It’s promoted by Dirty Ron McDonald, who was a jobber on Raw against Braun one time. Delilah was also a jobber for Nia Jax one time too, btw. It’s more like an ECW show with hardcore stuff but there’s some solid wrestling too. Teddy Hart was at the last show and Joey Ryan has been there a few times too. Ron is a cool dude and a friend so I like supporting him and his shows.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Upcoming I have PROGRESS Chapter 69 and New Japan's Strong Style Evolved show in Altricham. Pretty pumped about both really. A friend of mine has been quietly going to shows on his own for ages without telling the rest of the group because he just assumed we couldn't go for whatever reason after a bunch of times where we said no when he invited us along; we found this out this year and now we're making an effort to go more. Probably going to go to all the PROGRESS Manchester shows and we might start heading to more FutureShock shows too.

[Your Name]

Status

That's the first show in the new place in Manchester, right Raiz? PROGRESS have been bigging it up as a big show so far.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Coincidentally, I will be at a Smackdown house show tonight! Second year in a row I’ll be going to the last house show before Mania.

I will also be at a NGW:TN show in Newport that features Nick Aldis defending the NWA World Title against Matt Cross, NGW:TN Champion Shane Strickland, and Rey Fenix vs. Ultimo Dragon with Sonny Onoo. Real stoked about that.
    So a bit of a bummer: Fenix won’t be there due to a scheduling conflict so Fenix vs Ultimo is off. A little unfortunate as that was the match that drew me in.

It’s now Ultimo vs Shane Strickland vs. Facade for the NGW title and AR Fox vs. Suicide was added to the card. Kind of missing the boat on Ultimo Dragon/AR Fox if you ask me
    -------
    Spoiler:

[Your Name]

Status

Why is a non-TNA fed booking Suicide?

Ole!

Status

Going to SSE in Milton Keynes, looking forward to it.

Not got anything else planned at the minute though.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Why is a non-TNA fed booking Suicide?

I have no idea. It is very weird.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

That's the first show in the new place in Manchester, right Raiz? PROGRESS have been bigging it up as a big show so far.
    It is indeed mate. It's only my second PROGRESS show as well. It should be interesting because I've never been to that venue before and PROGRESS is very much about the atmosphere for me so if the venue blows, the show might suffer for it.

[Your Name]

Status

ATTACK Pro highlights:

- Eddie Dennis turning heel in another promotion and almost causing a riot in the process. Why has this guy been a face most of his career? Another great promo too BTW

- Mark Andrews being present purely to do the raffle

- Sex on the Beach (Chuck Mambo and Jack Sexsmith) are becoming "The Megaflowers" as a result of Chuck watching too much old school WWF and pretending to be Macho Man all night (even at merch when I was trying to buy a damn shirt )

Match quality wasn't as high as before but still had fun.

Quick Results:

Chris Brookes def. Drew Parker
    The Megaflowers def. The Anti-Fun Police
    Millie McKenzie def. Kyle Fletcher
    Team Whitewolf def. Angelico and El Phantasmo
    Wild Boar def. EL Ligero
    Mike Bird def. Beano
    Nothing To Prove def. Chief Deputy Dunne and Splits McPins

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Eddie Dennis fucking rules.

I just came back from the NGW show. Started fine, got really tedious when it just felt like the same match over and over for a really long time, but then got better at the end when the more featured independent guys had their matches. Shane Strickland vs Facade (yes, Facade) vs. Ultimo Dragon was very fun and sort of a privilege to watch. It hurts a little bit from the show being long and having other spotty matches on the card, but I enjoyed it a lot. I bought a shirt from Strickland. I’ve really enjoyed him lately and he’s been gaining so much confidence the more I watch him. He’s got to be on a bigger radar soon. I also got to shake the hands of Ultimo Dragon and Sonny Onoo and got the best signed 8x10 I’ve ever owned. That was worth the trip.

Cross/Aldis was actually good too. I also had two wrestlers in the opening tag brawl around me. Great shit. There’s actually some pretty fun locals in the area which is kind of surprising. But there is also some really bad locals too. I also didn’t think Fox/Suicide was very good. AR Fox’s selling was at its worse and I guess Suicide is being rebranded to be a Deadpool type so now he’s a comedy character.

I want this promotion to run more at the first place I saw them, which was thirty minutes away from my home, instead of this armory an hour and a half away from my house. It’s spacious and a great venue but it’s in the middle of nowhere and the drive was super depressing. Also both shows I’ve been to have had pacing problems and matches going way too long. I’ll probably go again depending on the names for the next shows. The drive sucks though.
    -------
    Spoiler:

[Your Name]

Status

Suicide as Deadpool sounds fun. Everyone knows it's someone different under the costume constantly, so some self awareness might actually be worth a few laughs

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Suicide as Deadpool sounds fun. Everyone knows it's someone different under the costume constantly, so some self awareness might actually be worth a few laughs

I’m curious as to who played him here. Also I guess the Deadpool comparison is stil a little off because it’s not like he was talking to us or anything. He was just doing your standard comedy (grab assing the ref, doing the Almas rope spot,etc). It was just a very light hearted comedy performance from a guy named Suicide.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

So, should I go see Shane Strickland vs. Rich Swann next month
    -------
    Spoiler:

[Your Name]

Status

Absolutely!

50/50 on going to the PROGRESS Wembley show now I've realised I've got time off around it.

Rusev Day

Status

So I attended a WWE Live event last Friday over here in Sheffield. Here's how the crowd looked and what my seats were like.

The Bludgeon Brothers def. The New Day & The Usos in a Triple Threat Tag Team Match to retain the SmackDown Tag Team Championship

This was a fun opener but The New Day are nuts. You think they're crazy on TV well this was something else New Day started against The Usos with Bludgeons watching on before they got involved, cleaned house and retained.

Aleister Black def. Alexander Wolfe to retain the NXT Championship

Wasn't expecting to see anyone from NXT so this was a nice bonus. Was longer than I anticipated as well and Wolfe was far better than I knew he was capable of. Makes me think SAnitY could be a real hit on SmackDown.

Big Cass def. Tye Dillinger

SQUASH. Poor Tye.

Jeff Hardy def. Rusev to retain the United States Championship

The pop for Jeff Hardy was insane. Kids, adults, just everyone. Didn't think it would be as loud as that at all. Rusev Day chants were loud too but the Hardy ones were insane. Good match and I'd like to see this feud on TV.

Tyler Bate, Mark Andrews & Wolfgang def. Joseph Connors, James Drake & Sam Gradwell

Bonus match with the UK guys as they advertised the Tournament next month. Bate got the win in a short match.

Daniel Bryan def. The Miz

Match of the night and pop of the night for Daniel Bryan. Match went about 20 minutes and was PPV quality. After seeing this they should dave it for next year's Mania and it will steal the show. So many ways you can do it as well. Bryan got the win with the Running Knee after kicking out of a Skull Crushing Finale.

INTERVAL

Andrade 'Cien' Almas def. Sin Cara

Not much of a response for Andrade so I guess not many people in the crowd watched much NXT. Sin Cara got some big reactions from the kids and actually was impressive in person. Zelina in TINY

Asuka, Charlotte Flair, Becky Lynch & Naomi def. Mandy Rose, Carmella, Sonya Deville & Lana

This highlights the lack of heel depth on the SmackDown Women's side doesn't it! My boyfriend was a typical gay man and is obssessed with Becky Lynch. His screams even freaked out the parents with their kids in the rows around us. Asuka kicked ass and picked up the victory in the end. Good fun it has to be said.

AJ Styles def. Shinsuke Nakamura via disqualification

Main event for the WWE Title but as Nakamura tried to get away and get counted out AJ went to bring him back. The Bar would interfere and attack AJ as Anderson and Gallows made the save.

AJ Styles, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson def. Shinsuke Nakamura, Sheamus & Cesaro

Standard 6-man match with Styles picking up the win to send the fans home happy.

I really enjoyed the show and glad I lucked into this being a SmackDown house show. Have got more pics but can't be arsed to upload them right now.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Thread Information