Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: NJPW Wrestling Dontaku Tour

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW Wrestling Dontaku Tour

The worlds whitest LIJ fan just attacked Naito, oh wait it's just CHRIS JERICHO!!!!
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

BUT MUH NAITO BOOKING

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Something, something........protecting Gedo's boy....DE JAPON. Tbf, his booking regarding the IC title was a bit pointless and the angle could be done without Naito was IC champion. Nevertheless, this is a better direction for Naito to go in.

Well, I was watched the end of the DG show so I missed like half the show. But from what I did watch, it was a pretty good show. Jericho attacking Naito setting up a match for either Dominion or G1 Special was great. Naito with blood on his face looked awesome. The match itself was pretty forgettable but the angle was the purpose of it. I'm bored of the Bullet Club angle, hope it's over now. KUSHIDA vs Will Ospreay was a very, very good match but the typical Osprey problems occurred (his selling) but the match was still pretty great so I'm not complaining. The main event was phenomenal and probably my second favourite match of the year so far. It's not Okada and Tanahashi's best match with each other but it was still amazing.
    Last edited by MC 16; 05-04-2018 at 09:01 AM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

THE MAN

Status

Very excited that Jericho is doing his back and forth with WWE and New Japan to at least give us the Naito match. If I'm New Japan, I run that match at Cow Palace and main event with it. It's too big to stick under Okada Vs Omega IV 2/3 Falls at Dominion because that's a huge match in itself and you can get away with Ospreay Vs BOSJ winner or a NEVER title match as the semi. Naito Vs Jericho is the match that could help shift more tickets.

Now that I can see Ishimori is Bone Soldier, I hate it even more, but I can't lie I am fucking stoked he's gonna mix it up with this roster in BOSJ in a few weeks. Hiromu, Ospreay, Ishimori, Kushida, Taguchi, Sho, Yoh, Dragon Lee, Despy, Scurll. Fuck yeah.

No thoughts on the show as such cause I haven't watched it yet.

THE MAN

Status

I thought Ospreay Vs Kushida was excellent. It was all action, they showed a great understanding of each other and knew their movesets inside out which made for cool counters, and the match moved from mutual respect to imma kill you for that title in a natural way. Kushida showed an awesome, will stop at nothing, desire to try to defeat Will here, teasing the ref to stop the match with his stomps on the back of Will's neck. If Will legitimately has a bad neck atm, then he's a maniac structuring these matches the way he is where it's the body part that's worked over and he does sick bumps onto it like the rolling DDT off the apron spot. I'm someone that hates the Oscutter move because of how dopey the opponent looks standing there taking it, so to see Ospreay bust out this new Storm cutter move that looks 10 times better was a sweet sight. I hope that stays as his new finish, at least in the big matches. I'm sure the Ospreay screams will be off putting to his critics, but I actually bought into the idea that a tight side headlock would hurt him with his neck in that kind of condition. Ospreay is having a great year, I'd say he's #3 in the world for me just behind Walter and Sabre and Will has the BOSJ coming up to close that gap.

I'm on such a island about Okada/Tanahashi looking at reviews and reports. I thought it was easily the worst match they've ever had together. I didn't raise an eyebrow in interest during this match, yet alone pop for anything they did, until Tanahashi sat up and got in Okada's face when he did the rainmaker pose and that was FIFTEEN MINUTES into the match. I know I'm boring people to tears with how much I criticise him for this but the first half of all Okada's matches are dull and pointless to everything else that follows. Oh and lets not forget the awful dropkick the crossbody spot that he missed - 5 stars indeed. They showed some good hate down the stretch, I popped for the Tanahashi stolen rainmaker and I actually liked that it only took one rainmaker to beat Tanahashi, but these are small victories in an otherwise flawed match, plus they looked like dorks taking 20 seconds holding hands before that finisher hit. I cannot wait for G1 season where Okada gets to reign it back in and not work 30+ minute singles matches again. He's turning into one of the worst big match wrestlers in the world; main events with Naito, Sabre Jr and Tanahashi in the space of 4 months and they all under-delivered.

Okada/Omega no time limits sounds like a sure fire worst match of the year contender for my personal tastes.

Thread Information