Hirooki Goto (c) vs. Juice Robinson

Wrestling Hinokuni 2018 (April 29)

IWGP Tag Team Championship:
    SANADA & EVIL (c) vs. Killer Elite Squad

IWGP Intercontinental Championship:
    Minoru Suzuki (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito

Wrestling Dontaku 2018 Day 1 (May 3)

Ren Narita and Shota Umino Vs Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi

Tetsuhiro Yagi, Tomoyuki Oka and Yuji Nagata Vs Ryusuke Taguchi, Tiger Mask and Jushin Liger

Sho, Yoh and Rocky Romero Vs Takashi Iizuka and KES

Toa Henare, Michael Elgin, Togi Makabe, David Finlay and Juice Robison Vs Toru Yano, Tomohiro Ishii, Jay White, Hirooki Goto and Yoshi-Hashi

GOD and Bad Luck Fale Vs Young Bucks and Marty Scurll

Naito, Evil, Sanada, Hiromu and Bushi Vs Minoru Suzuki, El Desperado, Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Taichi and Zack Sabre Jr

Kushida and Hiroshi Tanahashi Vs Will Ospreay and Kazuchika Okada

Kota Ibushi vs. Cody

Kenny Omega vs. Hangman Page

Wrestling Dontaku 2018 Day 2 (May 4)

Ryusuke Taguchi, Tiger Mask and Jushin Liger Vs Ren Narita, Shota Umino, Tomoyuki Oka

Tetsuhiro Yagi and Yuji Nagata Vs Chase Owens and Yujiro Takahashi

Sho, Yoh and Rocky Romero Vs TAKA Michinoku, Taichi and Takashi Iizuka

Toa Henare and Togi Makabe Vs Toru Yano and Tomohiro Ishii

Michael Elgin, David Finlay and Juice Robinson Vs Yoshi-Hashi, Jay White and Hirooki Goto

Naito, Evil, Sanada, Hiromu and Bushi Vs Minoru Suzuki, KES, El Desperado and Yoshinobu Kanemaru

Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi, Bad Luck Fale & Guerrillas of Destiny vs. Cody, Hangman Page, Marty Scurll & The Young Bucks

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship:
    Will Ospreay (c) vs. KUSHIDA

IWGP Heavyweight Championship:
    Kazuchika Okada (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi

--------------

Initial thoughts, why is the 'newly made star' in one Dontaku show but not the other? right back down the card you go Zack.

The 2nd night is much stronger than the 1st night of Dontaku. I know why they spread the shows out to get more ticket sales on the 'road to', but really feels like a waste to not have matches like Juice Vs Goto and Switchblade Vs Finlay main eventing nothing shows and then Dontaku N1 is THAT weak.

Samoans getting involved in the Team Kenny Vs Team Cody feud now.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW Wrestling Dontaku Tour

That's the main problem with New Japan, there is rarely single feuds outside of the title matches. It does really hurt wrestlers momentum at times *cough* Juice *cough*.

Night two of Wrestling Dontaku looks pretty interesting. KUSHIDA vs Ospreay should be good like their other matches. And the main event, Okada vs Tanahashi. Even if it's a bit predictable, I'm looking forward to the match.
    Last edited by MC 16; 04-02-2018 at 10:42 AM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Looking forward to (APR 23) 6-man tag L-I-J v. Suzukigun, (APR 24) White v. Finlay, (APR 27) Goto v. Robinson, (APR 29) L-I-J v. K-E-S and Naito v. Suzuki, (MAY 3) Bullet Club v. Bullet Club 6-Man and Omega v. Page, and (MAY 4) Okada v. Tanahashi.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Samoans getting involved in the Team Kenny Vs Team Cody feud now.
    I mean, that kinda started with Owens getting dragged into things by Kenny and then GoD putting Cody in his place at the Long Beach show. I get the feeling from how things are playing out that Tama and his boys don't really give a fuck about the drama but they view Cody as more disruptive to the group dynamic so would rather align with Kenny than let the Bullet Club's fate be left out of their hands entirely. I've fantasy booked a version of the feud in my head that see's Kenny and Cody's shit come to an end and winner act like their victory gives them the leadership position in the Bullet Club only for the BCOG's to pull the rug from under them and reveal the new leader - whether it's Tama, a new signing or whoever, but no matter what it ends up being neither Kenny nor Cody.

Looks like there's gonna be some good stuff on this tour but I'm glad that these seem like cards I'll be able to cherry pick matches from rather than having to watch the full cards for because it means I can fit more stuff outside of my regular three promotions into my watch schedule.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Egypt

There's a rumor going around that Kitamura has been retired by NJPW a-la Bryan Danielson due to his head injury. A lot of people are talking about it and it seems like the injury was more scary than we thought. Either way, it's bad news for him.
    Angels in Flight~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

That’s really unfortunate for not only a promising talent, but New Japan. He wasn’t great but he was exciting and could have been a big asset for the company. Meanwhile this is third notable forced retirement in the company for the last year and a half.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

At least they had a good plan B in mind for Kitamura

Bone Soldier got a special video hyping his return. Brilliant.
    Angels in Flight~

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

YES! YES! YES!

Status

The gap in time between Nicky creating the worst wrestler in the world thread and the announcement that Bone Soldier is returning is hilarious.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Friday The 13th Strikes again

Also that main event was awesome. Some great development for Jay White and his position with CHAOS.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Big Daddy Meltz claiming there's more to the Kitamura story.

I wonder if itll deffos be Bone Soldier and not someone different under the mask?

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Finlay vs White was a good match. Really the first time I've been into a Jay White feud/match and it's more to do with his history with Finlay. Result was obvious but that matters little. Big improvement from them both here too, I feel.

Junior tag match was nothing special but still enjoyable. Guessing Hiromu's being lined up for BOSJ now... but Gedo is Gedo.

I hope Tanahashi beats Okada just for the surreal meltdown it'd cause.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I liked the main, went a little too long, but better than most Switchblade singles matches this year. Finlay > Omega. I really liked their elimination tag match last week too where Finlay got the win for his team.

Ishii/Henare was good but getting overrated because of how long some fans have been salivating over seeing that match.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I thought Finlay justified my faith in him big time. He was great and has completely unlocked the code to working with Switchblade. This should put to rest any idea Hangman's any good after that performance. I thought Finlay was awesome here. Loved his fire and although I would say it should have been a bit shorter too, they were able to successfully convince people Finlay could win when he hit the Stunner. I thought it was a real showing out & Switchblade was elevated as well through having such a good match.

Ishii/Henare was a strong hard hitting match. It wasn't a revelation or anything & I liked the main event better but it was still a strong showing. I wish Finlay & Henare could win the tag titles.
    Angels in Flight~

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Juice/Goto was again too long at 25 minutes, but finished really strong, they worked me on a few nearfalls there. Juice really has turned into an established act in New Japan, looking forward to his G1.

Thought Kushida looked GREAT in the main event tag match.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I have to say, I think Suzuki/Naito was by far the worst Suzuki match this year. Naito didn't give a damn about the match and I don't blame him. Winning did more harm than good and took him back a year. Also don't understand why they wouldn't use Suzuki's reign to put over a new guy. Just bad booking. Nothing new there with Naito but the match wasn't any good either I thought. Definitely the worst of the 3 big ones and the other 4 really outshined them bad.
    Angels in Flight~

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I haven't seen the match yet, setting aside 30 minutes to watch it with so much CC to catch up on isn't too tempting, but it was a result that deserves some conversation. Naito is literally right back where he was last year as IC Champion, and instead of giving him the win against Okada, the stale champion, they give him the win over Suzuki who was having a fun reign that still had legs. Cannot wait for some classic Gedo 'fail up' booking now where Suzuki takes on Okada again for the title.

If it is Naito/Jericho down the line at either Dominion or at Cow Palace, that match does not need the IC title. And with Naito stuck in that division now, who is taking the belt off Okada They better not be planning to drag it out until King of Pro Wrestling.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I haven't seen the match yet, setting aside 30 minutes to watch it with so much CC to catch up on isn't too tempting, but it was a result that deserves some conversation. Naito is literally right back where he was last year as IC Champion, and instead of giving him the win against Okada, the stale champion, they give him the win over Suzuki who was having a fun reign that still had legs. Cannot wait for some classic Gedo 'fail up' booking now where Suzuki takes on Okada again for the title.

If it is Naito/Jericho down the line at either Dominion or at Cow Palace, that match does not need the IC title. And with Naito stuck in that division now, who is taking the belt off Okada They better not be planning to drag it out until King of Pro Wrestling.
    My prediction is Omega will challenge the winner of Okada vs Tanahashi at Dominion.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I said this the day after the Dome. At this rate of Okada getting all the records the only place big enough to end the reign is at the Dome. (If Shibata shows up after Dominion or Cow Palace like I predicted and says he's back then I know I was right.)

I also think Omega getting the title at Cow Palace is a sound prediction as well.

Naito's booking is terrible and his character doesn't feel as hot at all as he should.
    Angels in Flight~

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Naito's booking is terrible and his character doesn't feel as hot at all as he should.
    Oh but Zero, the Naito booking isn't a mistake because New Japan are still selling tickets and he's still over

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

That match sucked and it wasn’t completely because of Suzuki much.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Thread Information