Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MLW Discussion Thread

Sweet Meat

Status

IndyPuro MLW Discussion Thread

MLW's been back for like a year now, and I figured with the news of them getting a TV deal on a decent sized station and competing with New Japan on AXS in the Friday Night Wars~! it's worth having a thread for this, yeah?

Tony Schiavone is a commentator with Rich Brennan of Superstars/NXT fame. Bruce Prichard recently signed on as a producer. Talent varies and is hit or miss but the top guys/part time top guys are Matt Riddle, Tom Lawlor, Jeff Cobb, Low Ki, MVP, Sami Callihan, Darby Allin, Jimmy Havoc, Shane Strickland, MJF, Parrow, among others. Plus guys like ACH, Joey Janela, Pentagon and Fenix show up when they can be booked.

TV debuts on April 20th for BEin sports which most US people should have as one of those channels people don't realize they have.

They also put their shows online:

Last edited by Hollywood Dook; 05-27-2018 at 06:06 AM.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: MLW Discussion Thread

Anybody check out their TV debut? Pentagon vs. Fenix, ACH vs. Austin Aries, etc.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Sweet Meat

Status

Anybody keeping up with MLW? It's pretty wild we have six companies in the US on TV excluding more local deals. ROH is a chore for me, New Japan is so so. I'm like two seasons behind Lucha Underground. MLW is pretty solid, and their production isn't bad. Not a huge fan of the venue/audience though.

Here's their latest show:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp0IFH1D9PA

Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Haven't seen a lick of them because there's just too much out there at the moment to keep up with. There's an interest though to look up Shane Strickland's matches because he doesn't really work regularly anywhere else on TV (atm)

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Haven't seen a lick of them because there's just too much out there at the moment to keep up with. There's an interest though to look up Shane Strickland's matches because he doesn't really work regularly anywhere else on TV (atm)
    It's pretty good to be spoiled by choice these days. Mid South is better though

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Became more of a fan of Shane after going to a few local shows in the area. I like what he’s doing right now and I’m buying what other promotions are starting to see.

The only thing I’ve really seen from recent shows is the Strickland/Riddle finals match which was very good. Riddle’s had a hot couple of months.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Tried to watch the Battle Riot match. Some of it was okay but it mostly just felt like a lot of what the recent Aztec Warfare was. It was totally obvious Tom Lawlor was winning after halfway through the match, there was maybe too much comedy/old timer participants, a lot of bad Matt Striker, too much body piling then dumping, stories not having breathing room, and a lot of good talent doing nothing.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Team Canada

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Tried to watch the Battle Riot match. Some of it was okay but it mostly just felt like a lot of what the recent Aztec Warfare was. It was totally obvious Tom Lawlor was winning after halfway through the match, there was maybe too much comedy/old timer participants, a lot of bad Matt Striker, too much body piling then dumping, stories not having breathing room, and a lot of good talent doing nothing.
    I watched Battle Riot On YouTube Yesterday

This was my first time watching MLW, so granted I didn't know a lot of the entrants or where they ranked on the roster, but I thought it came off pretty well
    I am assuming their roster is nowhere near big enough to fill a 40 man battle royal so using veterans in this situation is a good thing
    Everybody looks forward to surprise or legendary entrants in The Royal Rumble.
    For the most part the vets only stayed in the match for about or less than a minute
    Comedy in wrestling is rarely a good thing.

Say hello to the bad guy!

Status
      Country                    Canada

Checked out Episdoe 1 on YouTube a few days ago. Aries vs. ACH was a great match. Aries has been killin it since leaving WWE, to no surprise. Haven't seen much of ACH's work so this was a good start for me.

Barrington Hughes...I get what the whole thing was but it's not something I enjoyed.

Fenix vs. Pentagon was fantastic. These two have incredible chemistry as a team and surprisingly even more when they face each other.

A awesome first show and I am definitely going to check out some more of it.

Mid-Card Champion

Status

I haven’t seen Battle Riot yet, but I do love what they’re doing with Filthy Tom Lawlor and the Shane Strickland storyline with Serena is pretty solid along with some tremendous in ring work from Strickland.

Status

So I just got an email from Verizon. I guess Bein Sports is playing hardball with them. So according to Verizon I'd be losing that channel August 2nd. Their contract was up, and asked for way more for renewal. Verizon seems to be fine with losing the channel. We shall see.

As of right now there's a notice on the channel that they are still negotiating.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bmG5b7MFEJM&t=2585s

Anyone else been watching these. I started a few weeks ago and watched back another six. I love them, easily my favorite product in wrestling right now.

The Machine

Status
      Country                    Great Britain

Yeah it came up on youtube , ive watched since the 40 man battle royal , ive just got episode26 to watch later , also warvgames was ace , really impressed with the product.

Peace.
    Favorite WWF Wrestlers: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Undertaker, HBK, Triple H , Rey Mysterio , Eddie Guerrero , Kane .

Favorite British Wrestlers: Davey Boy Smith Snr, Doug Williams, William Regal, Spud/ Drake Maverick, Will Ospreay, Drew McIntyre, Nick Aldis , Marty Scurll , Rampage Brown .

Favorite Active Wrestlers: Brian Cage, Charlotte Flair , Pentagon Jr , Ronda Rousey , Ricochet, Becky Lynch , Kenny Omega , Taya Valkyrie, Rey Fenix , Liv Morgan.

JOIN PWA TODAY !

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

I first saw the Hart Foundation stuff so I watched the full show and I wasn’t disappointed. Hager/Lowler was awesome. I’m a big fan of Lowler now. War Games and Battle Riot were good. Can’t wait for Strickland/Ki 2 and for Strickland/Lowler. Low Ki is a great Wprld Champ.

The Machine

Status

I like low ki from Impact , he gets a lot criticism for that botch he done a few yrs ago , but from what I've seen of him he's always been sound , it's funny u mentioned the "new" hart foundation as it was there segment where they attacked Kevin Sullivan what got me watching , it's really impressive but I echo the a post further up about the crowd it's the only thing what's spoiling it they are always so dull. Other than that I put ep 26 when drunk the other day I meant ep 25 .

Peace.
    Favorite WWF Wrestlers: Stone Cold Steve Austin, The Rock, Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Undertaker, HBK, Triple H , Rey Mysterio , Eddie Guerrero , Kane .

Favorite British Wrestlers: Davey Boy Smith Snr, Doug Williams, William Regal, Spud/ Drake Maverick, Will Ospreay, Drew McIntyre, Nick Aldis , Marty Scurll , Rampage Brown .

Favorite Active Wrestlers: Brian Cage, Charlotte Flair , Pentagon Jr , Ronda Rousey , Ricochet, Becky Lynch , Kenny Omega , Taya Valkyrie, Rey Fenix , Liv Morgan.

JOIN PWA TODAY !

[Your Name]

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    I like low ki from Impact , he gets a lot criticism for that botch he done a few yrs ago
    More criticised for constantly burning bridges wherever he goes tbh. He has this heightened sense of self importance that has made him difficult to work with long term.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Postman Dave; 10-10-2018 at 12:39 PM.

The Machine

Status

[QUOTE=Postman Dave;2103934888]More criticised for constantly burning bridges whether he goes tbh. He has this heightened sense of self importance that has made him difficult to work with long term.

He's got an abundance of talent but believes he's worth more than he is , that's a bad trait to have I thought he was just in charcter,

Peace.

JOIN PWA TODAY !

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Psychosis View Post
    I like low ki from Impact , he gets a lot criticism for that botch he done a few yrs ago , but from what I've seen of him he's always been sound , it's funny u mentioned the "new" hart foundation as it was there segment where they attacked Kevin Sullivan what got me watching , it's really impressive but I echo the a post further up about the crowd it's the only thing what's spoiling it they are always so dull. Other than that I put ep 26 when drunk the other day I meant ep 25 .

Peace.
    It’s still better than watching the dead crowd on Impact. Plus in that Swagger/Lowler match they were really into it.

Yeah Low Ki has his flaws but he fits the brand and adds credibility.

The Machine

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RobyD View Post
    It’s still better than watching the dead crowd on Impact. Plus in that Swagger/Lowler match they were really into it.

Yeah Low Ki has his flaws but he fits the brand and adds credibility.
    Impact is just ahead of MLW ATM but I agree with you both products crowds suck , I think it's finding the right area to settle in as a base then start the touring they all try to copy wwe by moving from place to place that's why wwe product stinks ATM , when MLW finds a base I think the product will get bigger and bigger , I really like tom lawlor he's impressed me loads , same with Shane Strickland too , the top draw has to the lucha Bros espically pentagon jr who's one of the top 5 in the world in 2018 easy , I'd love it if they could get Brian Cage and Eli drake aboard.

Peace Roby.

JOIN PWA TODAY !

Mid-Card Champion

Status

The crowd is horrible. I’ve always noticed half the crowd on hard cam side are constantly checking their phones.

Thread Information