Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Japan/Revolution Pro Strong Style Evolved June 30 & July 1st UK!

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Re: New Japan/Revolution Pro Strong Style Evolved June 30 & July 1st UK!

I think MK is the show that's been done over the most when you consider the double main event they are getting, the big hook of MK is Walter/Nagata but that's only a big hook if you happen to be a mark for Nagata which not every New Japan fan is. Yujiro on N2 isn't a dream match for Walter, but I honestly don't think there's anyone better in the world at having a good match with average talent than the big man. The thing that gets me really excited about these two matches for Walter is what it means for the future because these aren't money Walter Vs NJPW matches they are burning through, nor are they potential G1 matches. I think they have more than an eye on using Walter in New Japan going forward.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by ZinEdine Zidane View Post
    The thing that gets me really excited about these two matches for Walter is what it means for the future because these aren't money Walter Vs NJPW matches they are burning through, nor are they potential G1 matches. I think they have more than an eye on using Walter in New Japan going forward.
    Don't do that! Don't make me excited for WALTER in the G1! WALTER in New Japan is something I've wanted since I started seeing WALTER in PROGRESS and all this mumbling about how he's being courted by WWE right now is making me nervous that we'll never get to see it. I actually had a little internal melt down during my marking out moment when I saw the announcement for WALTER/Nagata and completely forgot about RevPro's involvement in the show and just decided to myself, with no real reasoning behind it, that WALTER had obviously signed a contract with New Japan; it played a factor in me not realising that in was Milton Keynes because I was too busy being overwhelmed by the idea of WALTER being a regular on NJPW shows.

Ole!

Status

Will be my first time seeing about 90% of the roster on the MK show so i'm not disappointed at all and we're getting Tiger Mask too.

First time seeing Walter too

Ole!

Status

That was unbelievably good!

Main event and Walter/Nagata stood out and so did Ospreay/Kanemaru

Hope we get some more in the future.

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Building Trumps Wall View Post
    That was unbelievably good!

Main event and Walter/Nagata stood out and so did Ospreay/Kanemaru

Hope we get some more in the future.
    But what about Tiger Mask
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Ole!

Status

Tiger Mask was very good too and won

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Watched the first night of Strong Style Evolved UK and the show was a mixed bag as expected. The David Starr vs Tiger Mask IV match was pretty good. The non-title match stip made the match result up in the air for me and I never felt during the match Starr was going to win or Tiger Mask going to win which is tough to pull off. So good job there. The YOSHI-HASHI vs Chris Brookes match was solid enough. WALTER vs Yuji Nagata was very good as well. Very stiff as expected. Hopefully the start of WALTER and New Japan interacting! I really liked Will Ospreay vs Yoshinbu Kanemaru until the end. There was some good heel work by Kanemaru and you could tell that he was motivated. Now to the end, Kanemaru hit Deep Impact for a close two. Didn't mind the finisher kick out, only Ospreay got up from it very quickly, not selling the imapct very well and won the match with ease a few moves later.

The main event was excellent. One thing to take out of that match is that both Kazuchika Okada and Minoru Suzuki have tremendous presence about them. Their entrances for example. Both slight remixes but still exhilarating to watch. Helped that the fans exploded for both, Okada in particular. Yet another step in the story of Okada not being himself after that title lost. He posed this time but he changed his look from the golden robes to the tank top and the new red pants. I like them. They fit with his red ink submission and it gives Okada a new look. Small but a nice touch to show a change in Okada. Real good interactions with Zack Sabre Jr in the match, hints of Okada trying to indulge him the submission aspect of his training in the match. Something he tried in his title defence. Just a small glimpse of their match on Day Two but this match was mostly about Suzuki and Ishii. They beat the hell out of each other and brawled all over the floor. Fans went crazy for their strike exchange. The finishing stretch was really well done with some good near falls without going to over the top with it.

Good show overall. Can't wait for Day two.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Kazuchika Okada vs Zack Sabre Jr. - Incredible match. I prefer their Sakura Genesis match but I do love this match. It’s much more condensed which meant the urgency was much higher as a result. Both did a good job on offence, with Sabre working on the neck and right arm of Okada and Okada focusing almost all of his offence on the upper neck region on ZSJ, weakening it for his eventual rainmaker. It it all had some sort of follow up by the end. I don’t typically think either of these two are great sellers in a long term sense and have a tendency of no selling the damage but that wasn’t the case here. Sabre sold the neck really well. When he got nailed with the tombstone piledriver, he did a great job at subtly selling it by not locking in the submissions as tightly as he would and having to try and tap Okada out with only one arm because his other arm was favouring the neck. I don’t know if anyone else noticed it but I did. Okada sold the arm really well, keeping his arm close to his body. Grimacing at any slight movement of the right arm. Selling it, preventing the pin when he hit the rainmaker. Smart ending with Sabre catching Okada with a quick pin, giving the surprising win to all watching.

Tomohiro Ishii vs Minoru Suzuki - Exactly what I expected here. Two old tough men, stiffing the hell out of each other with mean looking faces. It was awesome.

The rest of the show was solid enough but not very noteworthy. Watch the last two matches.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Nagata/Walter was damn good but didn't really live up to my lofty expectations for it. I actually think I got more enjoyment out of seeing him kill Yujiro on night 2 but that's probably because I had zero expectations for that one.

The Suzuki-Gun/Chaos main events battles were very good I just didn't have a lot of emotional interest in them. Suzuki/Ishii was probably my pick of the bunch. VERY interesting to see Zack pick up a win over Okada when neither man had anything at stake and aren't in the same G1 block, I assumed that would be a victory for Okada because NJPW would want to hold on for that first Zack win over Okada.

I actually really liked the makeshift Switchblade/Fletcher match on N2, so my opinion on Jay in this gimmick is improving. Looked like an honest botch at the end, but commentary did a fabulous job to play it into the finish.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

I saw the second night before the first because I was there live and everything other than the opener was really good; really not a fan of Oka's new gimmick and the match itself was just kinda there but it certainly wasn't offensively bad in any way. What I found disappointing when I did get around to watching the first night was the amount of repeated spots throughout the weekend. It was almost as if no one realised the shows were being filmed - which is weird because there were camera's everywhere! Other than than both nights were good and being there live for the second night obviously pushes it over the top for me but even if I weren't I still think I'd prefer it because the double-main event was astounding, Jay White vs. Kyle Fletcher was really good and the WALTER/Pimp match was far better than it had any right to be.

Watching Okada/ZSJ live was one of the most fulfilling live wrestling experiences of my life and while the whole crowd respected Sabre, the majority support was still behind Okada, but I doubt anyone left that venue disappointed in the result; the place exploded at the three! Everyone was on their feet and screaming. Awesome match.

How Suzuki/Ishii followed that, I have no idea, but they did and they did it very, very well. In between the two matches I bounded down to the merch table and made the decision to get myself an Ishii shirt. I did want a Nagata one but £40 was a bit steep, even with him actually handing it to me, I just hadn't brought that kind of cash. I would've been happy with my purchase even if Ishii and Suzuki shit the bed in the main event but they just beat the ever living shit out of each other and I was fully invested by the end.

Really enjoyable night in a very sweaty venue - seriously, it's an ice rink, how the fuck was it that hot in there!

Ole!

Status

MK's ice arena was incredibly cool, first time during the summer i hadn't sweated my balls off when i was out

Thread Information