Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 MLB Season Discussion Thread

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status
      Country                    United States

2018 MLB Season Discussion Thread

logo-mlb.png

I reckon that I create a MLB thread for the 2018 season a day early. Anyways, down the business shall we?

It's a big question for the Braves on seeing how well they'll do in 2018. They still have Freeman to helm the batting lineup. Vizcaino looks like a promising relief pitcher, as he replaces Grilli from a horrible 2017 campaign. I was disappointed the organization sent Acuna back to the minors, despite a good spring he had with a .432 batting average and four homers. Acuna needs to start for the Braves because he's a very promising prospect for the team. The pitching is a bigger question mark because they were horrible inconsistent last season, giving up too many runs. I'm hoping Teheran has a bounce back year. Anyways, I really hope the team the best in 2018. I just hope they don't finish last in the NL East.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: 2018 MLB Season Discussion Thread

Yeah I don't know what to say about my Phillies this year: Arrieta signing is great for our Pitching Staff, but what can you expect to get outta all these young players this year? Maybe they progress and start rolling as a team, but I see us being at the bottom of the division most likely.

Vlad Guerrero JR smacking HR's, swinging like his Daddy.

https://twitter.com/KennyDucey/statu...05898884931585

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Jorge Polanco is a fucking idiot.

Other than that, I'm hoping the Twins can make it back to the playoffs this year. Hopefully Kepler, Sano, Dozier, and Buxton continue to impress and have an incredible season. I'm also hoping Mauer doesn't take a step back this year or it'll be a big problem because we need him at his Mauer-est this year to even stand a chance. That and the bullpen. This bullpen better be miles ahead of last year.

All in all, big expectations for them from me.

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I’m fucking stoked for this season. Last season was just awesome as a whole and I have a lot of big expectations for this year’s Sox squad.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

The Pirates should suck again.

Also Acuna is staying in the minors for a couple months to avoid arbitration an extra year.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I’m fucking stoked for this season. Last season was just awesome as a whole and I have a lot of big expectations for this year’s Sox squad.
    Hopefully Martinez can help our HR problem
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Captain Hammered

Status

I'm pumped. More from a fantasy standpoint than actual baseball, but I don't remember the last time I was this excited for baseball season.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Jays are still tied for first baby!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Film Franchises~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Cult of Fuji

Status
      Country                    us=United States

So are the Pirates. Guess we both really will just go to games to drink.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

TEAM CYRUS

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung View Post
    So are the Pirates. Guess we both really will just go to games to drink.

That's pretty much the only reason to go these days. I've got tickets for next Tuesday's game against the White Sox and the following Monday against the Royals. At least the Jays have a shot of winning those ones.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Film Franchises~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Cult of Fuji

Status

I think the Pirates might win 78 games but I am in the group that wants a new owner. I am getting tickets for when the Giants come to town. I might go buy a Cutch Giants short or Jersey for that game.

TEAM CYRUS

Yooooo Mang

Status

The Cardinals signed good ol Greg Holland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Smackage View Post
    The Cardinals signed good ol Greg Holland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Not a huge fan of the Cardinals, but they are just getting stronger and stronger with their lineup after acquiring Ozuna from the Marlins and of course, the signing of Holland. The Cardinals maybe good enough to compete against the Cubs in the NL Central in 2018.

Status

I think the Pirates might win 78 games but I am in the group that wants a new owner. I am getting tickets for when the Giants come to town. I might go buy a Cutch Giants short or Jersey for that game.

I don't think the Pirates are any worse off than last season. If anything we're better because our rookies are getting more developed. Bell and Taillon got their feet wet and are adjusting, so I think they start to come to form.

Then we have prospects like Austin Meadows and Mitch Keller down in the minors too. Although from what I hear Keller is still another year away.

Cutch was a fan favorite but talent wise I think he's past his prime. Corey Dickerson's numbers were equal to McCutchen's last year.

Don't forget too that last season we had Marte out for half the year, and we had Taillon with his ball cancer. Both are those guys should be ready to go hopefully.

Our biggest weakness is still the rotation. After Tallion I'm not very confident in our pitches. Losing Cole I don't honestly think even makes a difference in that. Gerrit was overrated, and I think now in Houston he actually does even worse but we'll see.

Cult of Fuji

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    I don't think the Pirates are any worse off than last season. If anything we're better because our rookies are getting more developed. Bell and Taillon got their feet wet and are adjusting, so I think they start to come to form.

Then we have prospects like Austin Meadows and Mitch Keller down in the minors too. Although from what I hear Keller is still another year away.

Cutch was a fan favorite but talent wise I think he's past his prime. Corey Dickerson's numbers were equal to McCutchen's last year.

Don't forget too that last season we had Marte out for half the year, and we had Taillon with his ball cancer. Both are those guys should be ready to go hopefully.

Our biggest weakness is still the rotation. After Tallion I'm not very confident in our pitches. Losing Cole I don't honestly think even makes a difference in that. Gerrit was overrated, and I think now in Houston he actually does even worse but we'll see.
    I get all of that but they traded a guy who started he didnt want to play anywhere else and was the face of the franchise he drew fans alone. I don't think he was horrible but also think he could help.

Meadows will be a bust he can't stay off the I hired list and they should have traded him and Glasnow when they could have with more value.

Dickerson will do just fine its Polanco who needs to step up.

TEAM CYRUS

Status

NEW YORK -- Rusty Staub, the orange-haired outfielder who became a huge hit with baseball fans in two countries during an All-Star career that spanned 23 major league seasons, died Thursday. He was 73.

He died after an illness in a hospital in West Palm Beach, Florida -- hours before the start of the baseball season -- the team said in a statement. The Mets learned of the death from friends of Staub who were with him at the time, a team spokesman added.

Affectionately dubbed "Le Grande Orange," Staub was a six-time All-Star and the only player in major league history to have at least 500 hits with four teams (Houston Colt .45s/Astros, New York Mets, Detroit Tigers and Montreal Expos). He was a favorite with fans in the United States and Canada, most adored in New York and Montreal.

A savvy, reliable slugger with left-handed power and a discerning eye, Staub played from 1963 to 1985 and finished 284 hits shy of 3,000. He had three-plus great seasons with the Tigers and batted .300 for the Texas Rangers in 1980.
    RIP to one of the original members of the Montreal Expos and Mets legend.
    Last edited by Lord Drakkon; 03-29-2018 at 07:13 PM.

Status

I get all of that but they traded a guy who started he didnt want to play anywhere else and was the face of the franchise he drew fans alone. I don't think he was horrible but also think he could help.

Meadows will be a bust he can't stay off the I hired list and they should have traded him and Glasnow when they could have with more value.

Dickerson will do just fine its Polanco who needs to step up.

I wish we kept him too. I think he would have resigned, and at a discount even.

He was the face of our turn around. Marte surpassed him as our best player, but I think Cutch was an icon here. I think he gets a statue if he plays with us his whole career.

It was sad that they traded him from that point, but from a competitive standpoint I really don't think we lost out. I also wish we brought back Neil Walker too, and moved Harrison into the hot corner and David Freese to the bench. Walker going hurt more than Cutch. He was the Pittsburgh boy, he went to a high school that neighbored mine. My cousins went to school with his older brothers.

I hope both Cutch and Neil return back to the Steel City some day before their careers end.

Status

What an comeback by the Braves in their Opening Day! Down 5-0 in the sixth inning, the Braves kept clawing back to tie the game in the bottom of the eighth. In the final inning, Markakis hits the game-winning home run to give the Braves their first victory 8-5 to start off the 2018 season! Fuck yeah!!!

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Fucking embarrassing loss for the Phils today, you were leading the majority of the game and let the Braves slowly come back into the game. I know it's Game 1 of the Season, but I've seen this happen to them the past few years with Bullpen breakdowns late in games, and I might be out on this team to watch right off the bat

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Good God almighty, the Braves destroyed the Phillies 15-2 to end the series 2-1. If the Braves continue the hit the way they did against the Phils and if the pitching improves, then they may really compete against other teams this year. Well done Bravos!

Thread Information