Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Greatest Royal Rumble Ever Discussion - Friday, April 27th

Blackened Bliss

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: Greatest Royal Rumble Ever Discussion - Friday, April 27th

Watched it (well skimmed what interested me) and the Rumble Match was good at least.

Heel Champion

Status

I thought it would undoubtebky be Daniel Bryan to win. Wasnt expecting it to be Braun before going in.

I would have given the win to Bobby Lashley. He hasnt been used too well since his return snd this would have been the ultimate concept for him to get him over, unlike Braun who didnt benefit from this st all. I think even the commentators were suprised at how Bobby just got eliminated without any hype or buildup to it when they were unsur if he was eliminated. He had no focus in this rumble and just looked like another star. Im not sure what WWE has in mind for Lashley but if they are going to pit him to beat Brock Lesnar which i think is what many fans want to see then they need to start building him up more seriously.

Also Romans feet hit the floor before Lesnars. Or is it the body that needed to be touched first.

Overall i felt this show was a really big deal that even I tuned in for it, and i only tune into major PPVs like Wrestlemanis. I only watched Cena/HHH! Reigns/Lesnar and the rumble match so far as well as the non wrestling segments and it seemed like a good show with a good vibe to it.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by -3:16- View Post
    Im not sure what WWE has in mind for Lashley but if they are going to pit him to beat Brock Lesnar which i think is what many fans want to see then they need to start building him up more seriously.
    Uh, I'm pretty sure more fans want to see the guy that won the Rumble beat Lesnar.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Western Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I would have given the win to Bobby Lashley. He hasnt been used too well since his return
    I mean....he’s been back for 3 weeks and won all his matches on Raw thus far....what are you expecting?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    I mean....he’s been back for 3 weeks and won all his matches on Raw thus far....what are you expecting?
    Tbf, most if not all of them have been in tag matches and I would've at least expected him to be in a singles feud already. But I wouldn't say he wasn't been used well either.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

THE MAN

Status

I think Lashley is lined up to have a big year on Raw and we'll see him in actual programs after Backlash. Look at how Bobby Roode and Jinder Mahal have already suffered loses since moving brands. He hasn't set the world on fire, but he has been protected. Lashley is gonna be involved with the likes of Braun, Roman and probably Lesnar just because of the sheer need for Brock to have a new opponent.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

For all the talk of no women on the show, they came across as the big winners along with Sami Zayn for not being on this slimy ass show.

Pros:

- Braun got a big win which was nice to see although it's pretty meaningless

- Cruiserweight Title match was very good, better than the WM pre-show.

- Shinsuke/AJ went from a bad match to an okay one though the non-finish wasn't great, & the crowd seemed very disinterested

- Rusev/Taker was better than expected. Not good but better. Yay Rusev.

- The ladder match finish was good.

-

Negatives:

- I say this as a highly non-political person. If they hate women in Arabia, it sucks & is totally unfair. But I didn't begrudge them for taking the money. I didn't buy WWE making any political difference & things getting better. That's all bullshit to me and should be to you. What bothered me more was just how...sleazy this whole thing has come across. Having them talk about how great Arabia is on commentary over & over and to run that video, it turns this from a wrestling show in a country with some stuff I don't agree with (I would say that's not bad because the citizens shouldn't be disregarded over political affairs and laws imo) to a commercial & borderline pro-Arabian propaganda. That deserves criticism and I didn't like it at all.

- The commentary in general totally sucked. Some of the stuff wasn't their fault like the cage match & Jinder sucking ass but ffs, Cole said Sgt. Slaughter was dead at one point.

- The matches just weren't good for the most part and the Hardys matches & the cage match were all terrible. The Rumble was probably my favorite, too bad Bryan couldn't have won it, but Braun is great too.

- The booking of Roman continues to be awful. Poor guy. And the finish was blown. Please get the title off this lazy fuck of a champion.

- Triple H booking himself to come out first so he can get a the best possible pop. What an egomaniac.

- I was hoping someone would punch those Royal assholes in the front row. (Actually worse but let's keep my violent side in check)

Overall, I didn't like it as a show at all anyway and the commentary made it my least favorite show of the year hands down. I wish I hadn't of watched it.
    Punishing evil from her lonely throne! The Imperious Queen of Executions~

Her naked passion exposed for all to see! The Scandalous Superstar Idol~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Blackened Bliss

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    For all the talk of no women on the show, they came across as the big winners along with Sami Zayn for not being on this slimy ass show.

Pros:

- Braun got a big win which was nice to see although it's pretty meaningless

- Cruiserweight Title match was very good, better than the WM pre-show.

- Shinsuke/AJ went from a bad match to an okay one though the non-finish wasn't great, & the crowd seemed very disinterested

- Rusev/Taker was better than expected. Not good but better. Yay Rusev.

- The ladder match finish was good.

-

Negatives:

- I say this as a highly non-political person. If they hate women in Arabia, it sucks & is totally unfair. But I didn't begrudge them for taking the money. I didn't buy WWE making any political difference & things getting better. That's all bullshit to me and should be to you. What bothered me more was just how...sleazy this whole thing has come across. Having them talk about how great Arabia is on commentary over & over and to run that video, it turns this from a wrestling show in a country with some stuff I don't agree with (I would say that's not bad because the citizens shouldn't be disregarded over political affairs and laws imo) to a commercial & borderline pro-Arabian propaganda. That deserves criticism and I didn't like it at all.

- The commentary in general totally sucked. Some of the stuff wasn't their fault like the cage match & Jinder sucking ass but ffs, Cole said Sgt. Slaughter was dead at one point.

- The matches just weren't good for the most part and the Hardys matches & the cage match were all terrible. The Rumble was probably my favorite, too bad Bryan couldn't have won it, but Braun is great too.

- The booking of Roman continues to be awful. Poor guy. And the finish was blown. Please get the title off this lazy fuck of a champion.

- Triple H booking himself to come out first so he can get a the best possible pop. What an egomaniac.

- I was hoping someone would punch those Royal assholes in the front row. (Actually worse but let's keep my violent side in check)

Overall, I didn't like it as a show at all anyway and the commentary made it my least favorite show of the year hands down. I wish I hadn't of watched it.
    I'm sure you read but the women's division was fully compensated financially by their lack of being allowed on the card so there's a plus. It's not like the royalty or general population would have enjoyed the women's matches anyways seeing as everything is ancient mindset in that area of the world (sorry not sorry).

The entire thing was a promotional public relations disaster. The money is good but you could tell there was an uneasiness in the air with what I watched. The commentary was off, the crowd was split and the overall product tried not to "offend" Saudi Arabia's societal strangleholds. A largely American product in that area was not the best idea if you ask me.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Black Metal View Post
    I'm sure you read but the women's division was fully compensated financially by their lack of being allowed on the card so there's a plus. It's not like the royalty or general population would have enjoyed the women's matches anyways seeing as everything is ancient mindset in that area of the world (sorry not sorry).

The entire thing was a promotional public relations disaster. The money is good but you could tell there was an uneasiness in the air with what I watched. The commentary was off, the crowd was split and the overall product tried not to "offend" Saudi Arabia's societal strangleholds. A largely American product in that area was not the best idea if you ask me.
    Where did you read this?

I don't know what this means to you but according to Dave Meltzer, they aren't. Either way, that's not the point he is making.
    Last edited by MC 16; 04-29-2018 at 12:32 PM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Blackened Bliss

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Where did you read this?

I don't know what this means to you but according to Dave Meltzer, they aren't. Either way, that's not the point he is making.
    I shouldn't have jumped the gun. It was hearsay but I'd expect them to compensate in some form. I read it here,

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/gre.../#.WuX0jBiZPuQ

As for the news you just told me it's lame if true.

I just figured out what he meant. I assume he meant that video ad they're apologizing for. I literally just read about it this morning. As for the praise of the country I didn't 100% pay attention to every word commentary said.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Black Metal View Post
    I shouldn't have jumped the gun. It was hearsay but I'd expect them to compensate in some form. I read it here,

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/gre.../#.WuX0jBiZPuQ

As for the news you just told me it's lame if true.

I just figured out what he meant. I assume he meant that video ad they're apologizing for. I literally just read about it this morning. As for the praise of the country I didn't 100% pay attention to every word commentary said.
    Read the article, it sounds like Lawler meant WWE should give the Women the payday or they might do, not WWE has done. Probably not tbh.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

In a pretty hilarious coincidence it happens to be Titus’ birthday today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status

I would have given the win to Bobby Lashley. He hasnt been used too well since his return snd this would have been the ultimate concept for him to get him over, unlike Braun who didnt benefit from this st all. I think even the commentators were suprised at how Bobby just got eliminated without any hype or buildup to it when they were unsur if he was eliminated. He had no focus in this rumble and just looked like another star. Im not sure what WWE has in mind for Lashley but if they are going to pit him to beat Brock Lesnar which i think is what many fans want to see then they need to start building him up more seriously.
    Sweet baby Jesus please no... Lashley vs Lesnar could be a fun little match, I'm sure I'd enjoy it, but Lashley is almost as boring as Lesnar in the ring, doesn't have half the name recognition, isn't as convincing as a badass and doesn't have Paul Heyman to compensate for his lack of charisma. Lashley is a very solid US Champion imo, but it will take quite some building for me to buy him as a Universal Champion. The only people I would wanna see knock off Lesnar at this point are Strowman, Rollins, Styles or Bryan.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Tbf, most if not all of them have been in tag matches and I would've at least expected him to be in a singles feud already. But I wouldn't say he wasn't been used well either.
    He came in as practically a new face in the midst of post Mania madness, a brand shakeup, a build towards a mega house show and then a PPV right around the corner. There really wasn't any time to try and establish him as a brand new mega star in the space of....2 weeks (when you really think of it). Like Ed said he will proabably begin to have actual programs post Backlash once everything has really settled down. He's been protected thus far and i'm sure will be in the main event mix by the time Summerslam rolls around.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    He came in as practically a new face in the midst of post Mania madness, a brand shakeup, a build towards a mega house show and then a PPV right around the corner. There really wasn't any time to try and establish him as a brand new mega star in the space of....2 weeks (when you really think of it). Like Ed said he will proabably begin to have actual programs post Backlash once everything has really settled down. He's been protected thus far and i'm sure will be in the main event mix by the time Summerslam rolls around.
    Mega Star? No, of course there was no time for that. But they could've given him singles feud, that being said they could do that tomorrow.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Thread Information