Thread: Greatest Royal Rumble Ever Discussion - Friday, April 27th

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

Royal Rumble Greatest Royal Rumble Ever Discussion - Friday, April 27th

LIVE on the WWE Network!

Universal Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns - Steel Cage Match

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon announced today that Universal Champion Brock Lesnar has re-signed with WWE. Lesnar’s next appearance is scheduled for the Greatest Royal Rumble event, where he will compete against Roman Reigns in a Steel Cage Match for the Universal Title at the King Abdullah Sports City Stadium in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Friday, April 27, at 7 p.m. AST.

The Greatest Royal Rumble will stream live on the award-winning WWE Network with a tune-in time of 12 p.m. ET/9 a.m. PT, with a special, one-hour Greatest Royal Rumble Kickoff starting at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT. It will be available on pay-per-view outside of the Middle East with regional broadcast information forthcoming. Tickets for this historic event will be available on Friday, April 13.

The event will also feature the first-ever 50-man Greatest Royal Rumble Match, John Cena vs. Triple H and six other championship matches.

General Sports Authority of Saudi Arabia Chairman, His Excellency Turki Al-Sheikh, WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon, and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, invite the world to celebrate this signature event.

50-man Royal Rumble Match

Fifteen WWE Superstars, including Olympic gold medalist Kurt Angle, 2016 Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal winner Baron Corbin, four-time Tag Team Champions The New Day, and three-time World Heavyweight Champion and 9-time Intercontinental Champion Chris Jericho, have officially entered the first-ever 50-Man Greatest Royal Rumble Match, which will take place at the King Abdullah Sports City Stadium in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Friday, April 27, at 7 p.m. AST.

The Greatest Royal Rumble will stream live on WWE Network Friday, April 27, with a tune-in time of 12 p.m. ET/9 a.m. PT, with a special, one-hour Greatest Royal Rumble Kickoff starting at 11 a.m. ET/8 a.m. PT. It will also be available on pay-per-view outside of the Middle East with regional broadcast information forthcoming.

WWE Superstars Apollo, Shelton Benjamin, Sin Cara, Elias, Chad Gable, Goldust, Titus O’Neil, Mojo Rawley and Dolph Ziggler have also declared for the first-ever Greatest Royal Rumble Match. Additionally, the historic event includes John Cena vs. Triple H, Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns in a Steel Cage Universal Championship Match and six other championship matches.

General Sports Authority of Saudi Arabia Chairman, His Excellency Turki Al Sheikh, WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon, and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia invite the world to celebrate this signature event. It is the first event as part of a long-term partnership between WWE and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Triple H vs. John Cena

For the first time since 2010, John Cena will go head-to-head with Triple H at the Greatest Royal Rumble event at the King Abdullah Sports City Stadium in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia on Friday, April 27, at 7 p.m. AST. Tickets for this historic event will be available Friday, April 13, with details on when and where fans can buy tickets forthcoming.

Additionally, the Greatest Royal Rumble event will feature an Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match: Seth Rollins vs. Finn Bálor vs. The Miz vs. Samoa Joe. A Ladder Match is when a championship title is suspended above the ring, and the first Superstar to climb to the top of a ladder and retrieve the title is the winner and champion.

General Sports Authority of Saudi Arabia Chairman, His Excellency Turki Al Sheikh, WWE Chairman & CEO Vince McMahon, and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia invite the world to celebrate this signature event, which includes the first-ever 50-Man Greatest Royal Rumble Match and seven championship matches.

Fans will also get to see WWE Superstars Roman Reigns, AJ Styles, Braun Strowman, The New Day, Randy Orton, Bray Wyatt and Shinsuke Nakamura, among others.

The inaugural Greatest Royal Rumble will deliver live family-friendly entertainment to passionate fans across the Middle East. It is the first event as part of a long-term partnership between WWE and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Additional event details, including broadcast information, will be available in the coming weeks.

Intercontinental Champion Seth Rollins vs. The Miz vs. Finn Balor vs. Samoa Joe - Ladder Match

Four Superstars will take competition to new heights at WWE’s Greatest Royal Rumble event, where the Intercontinental Championship will be contested in a high-risk Ladder Match.

The Intercontinental Championship is one of the most prestigious prizes in sports-entertainment, having been held by such WWE Hall of Famers as Shawn Michaels, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, “Macho Man” Randy Savage and Ricky “The Dragon Steamboat.” Given the title’s rich heritage, Finn Bálor, Seth Rollins, The Miz and Samoa Joe will stop at nothing to claim the workhorse championship on Friday, April 27, when it will dangle from the ceiling of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia’s King Abdullah Sports City Stadium.

The only way to win this bout is to ascend a ladder and snatch the Intercontinental Championship out of the sky. However, with three other Superstars to contend with, that’s easier said than done. Expect plenty of crash-and-burn moments and heartbreaking near-victories in this steel-bending, and perhaps career-changing, encounter.

The Greatest Royal Rumble event will also play host to six other championship matches, John Cena vs. Triple H and the first-ever 50-Man Greatest Royal Rumble Match. The action kicks off on Friday, April 27, at 7 p.m. AST.

The Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho - Casket Match

In a stunning turn of events, The Undertaker will battle Chris Jericho in a Casket Match at the Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia on Friday, April 27.

Originally, the Casket Match was to be between The Deadman and Rusev. However, Lana, who originally showed public support for her husband competing against The Undertaker, recently tweeted second thoughts over The Bulgarian Brute competing in the grisly bout.

The Casket Match undoubtedly belongs to The Undertaker, as The Demon of Death Valley has claimed victory in several of these harrowing contests, wherein a Superstar only wins when he gets his opponent into the casket and closes the lid. Although Jericho has never been a part of such an ominous showdown, WWE’s first Undisputed Champion has battled in virtually every other kind of match WWE has to offer, and if his extensive résumé says anything, it’s that he knows how to win when it counts.

The Deadman and Y2J are no strangers to one another. They have competed side-by-side, including the epic Team WWE vs. Team Alliance Match at Survivor Series 2001, as well as against each other, including the Elimination Chamber Match in 2010 where Jericho overcame The Phenom to capture the World Heavyweight Championship.

Which of the two iconic Superstars will walk out, and which will be carried out in a casket?

More matches to be announced!

Last edited by Order; 04-13-2018 at 07:53 AM.

Say My Name

Status

Re: Greatest Royal Rumble Ever - April 27th

Yeah I thought that about the women which made me think this was a very poor decision by the WWE.

I'm all for them expanding into other areas and countries but they shouldn't give up basic values to do so. Intrigued to know who had the idea. I would bet it was Vince and not Hunter.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

A random 50 man Royal Rumble, random Cena vs Triple H, random four way ladder match, the Hardy Boyz returning and No Girls Allowed. Did a 10 year old boy come up with this card?

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Didn’t they just run the first women’s match there not that long ago or was that somewhere else?
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Heel Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Didn’t they just run the first women’s match there not that long ago or was that somewhere else?
    UAE I thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Say My Name

Status

Yeah UAE not Saudi Arabia, think they're a lot more stringent here. WWE and their double standards never get old...

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

^I think that was in India Nicky, but I might be wrong.

Yeah I see this being on the Network, and I'm highly upset theirs no Matches with the ladies, but maybe something changes from today to April 27th. I wouldn't be shocked to see WWE do a SD Ladies/NXT Ladies vs Raw Ladies to get involved everyone.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    UAE I thought?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Ya ya UAE. You’re right.

It is a weird thing. You’re catering to a market you so desperately want yet your shedding a lot of the identity that you’ve tried really hard to establish over the last three or so years. WWE pleasing international markets always has a price.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Supposedly WWE even coming to the country with this event is something that would have been unheard of previously and that they're slowly making progress as a nation. We'll see how true that is

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Order View Post
    I'm all for them expanding into other areas and countries but they shouldn't give up basic values to do so.
    WWE and their double standards never get old...
    No double standard or giving up of basic values here. WWE don't give a shit about women's rights or equality, they care about their bottom line and this is a government sponsored project by Saudi Arabia which means there's likely a fair amount of money behind it. Sure, they're having to fudge it a little bit because of the sustained push they've given the women's division in recent years but they don't give a shit about promoting the idea of equality if it harms their profits in any way; this is likely paying them enough that they aren't worried about what they likely feel will be a minimal backlash from a certain segment of the fanbase. It's far enough away from US soil they probably feel like no one will pay too much attention to it. I'd be surprised if this is live on the Network because it'll just give those that wanna voice their distaste at WWE's decision to do this show without the women's division a focus and a target; any sponsors would likely get the same kind of complaints that Mars got over the Moolah Battle Royal.

Say My Name

Status

Re: Greatest Royal Rumble Ever Discussion - Friday, April 27th

First post updated with the latest match card. This looks like it could be one heck of a show and with it being on the Network I sense it is just going to be like a regular pay per view. Wonder what the winner of the Rumble will get though.

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I said it in the Raw thread: watch the steel cage match main event.

It’s already been proven that less is more with Rumbles but I’m still intrigued by the match.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Status

I hope at some point there's a little something between Trips and Cena to make their match slightly less random and pointless.

And I hope Jericho comes back to the WWE at this point and it's not just a one time special appearance.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I hope at some point there's a little something between Trips and Cena to make their match slightly less random and pointless.

And I hope Jericho comes back to the WWE at this point and it's not just a one time special appearance.
    I think at this point it's best to treat this show like Beast in the East and Roadblock with HHH/Ambrose. It's obviously canon and what not, but aside from a result or two (the rumble and title match result) it isn't really a 'typical' PPV with typical build.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Colour me surprised. Not only is this gonna be live, it's getting promoted HARD.

I'll probably watch this in segments because it looks pretty stacked and it looks like a long night.

Say My Name

Status

I believe it is a 5pm start time for those in the UK so that's my Friday evening sorted.

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

Say My Name

Status

Rusev vs. The Undertaker in a Casket Match announced

BTB Achievements

Spoiler:

The Only 2x WC HOF

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    A random 50 man Royal Rumble, random Cena vs Triple H, random four way ladder match, the Hardy Boyz returning and No Girls Allowed. Did a 10 year old boy come up with this card?
    Seriously this looks like my old EWR PPVs.

Not that I'm complaining. My shows were amazing. Scott Keith said so.

THE MAN

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    This comment is becoming more and more accurate with every passing match announcement. It's a 10 year old playing EWR.

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

I believe it is a 5pm start time for those in the UK so that's my Friday evening sorted.
    4PM finish on a Friday...get the beers in and settle down for the slog :D
    I have a plan so cunning......

Thread Information