Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Baldy Randomizes The Network

Re: Baldy Randomizes The Network

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Match 22 - Dr Death vs Trent Knight - NWA World Championship Wrestling 19/12/87

So Dr Death is the UWF Heavyweight Champion in this match
    Just to add some context. The Bill Watts ran UWF (Formerly known as Mid-South) was bought by JCP earlier in the year. For several months, JCP tried to keep UWF running on their own, while also using talents from both companies. By this point in time, JCP had given up on UWF, causing the notable UWF stars (Dr. Death, Sting, Eddie Gilbert, Michael Hayes, ect) to be brought up to JCP on a full time basis. Dr. Death would about to go on a tour of New Japan and by time he'd return in the spring of 1988, they no longer acknowledged him as the UWF Champion. So this has to be one of the last times Williams was announced as the UWF Champion.

Yep as expected it was just a squash match. As a sidenote...did anyone other than Teddy Long ref in these shows? Every match i've seen he's been the ref for.
    I'm pretty sure JCP had less referees than the WWE. So it was common for a JCP show to keep alternating between two referees. As result, you'd see Teddy Long a ton. If you go back just a bit, you'd see Earl Hebner a ton.

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Match 23 - Ricky Steamboat vs Steven Regal for the Television Championship - Starrcade 1993.

Wow, what a match this should be. I have fond memories of Steamboat from days gone by, and we all know he put on some excellent matches, and with Regal the otherside of the ring, this should deliver. I haven't seen much of Regal from his WCW days so this will be new for me, I just hope my expectations are met. I should note Regal is the Champion here, Steamboat is the challenger. Regal comes out with Sir William..no idea who this is so will learn something new there.

So it has a 15 minute time limit as that's the time limit linked to the title and it was a thoroughly enjoyable 15 minutes of technical wrestling. I could quite easily go back and watch that match a few more times and enjoy it more each time. It went to a time limit draw which I expected. If these two had a match around this time period with no time limit i'd certainly want to give it a watch.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Internet Favorite

Status

Match 24 - Nikita Koloff vs El Negro - NWA Championship Wrestling 16/4/88

Whilst I know the name of Nikita Koloff I can honestly say i've never seen a Nikita match...I probably need to be shot for saying that but I really haven't. I have zero idea who El Negro is and going by my previous history of NWA Championship Wrestling matches this is going to be very short and it will have Teddy Long as the ref.

Yep, very quick squash and nothing of note to say...I need to educate myself of Koloff methinks.

Internet Favorite

Status

Match 25: Dean Malenko vs Eddie Guerrero vs Perry Saturn - Smackdown 20/7/00

Well what an interesting match to pull. Dean Malenko was always technically sound, if not everybodies cup of tea for whatever reason. Everyone grew to love Eddie Guerrero, so if he wasn't liked at this stage he certainly grew into it. Perry Saturn was always a strange one for me as I could never decide if I appreciated his work or not, maybe this will help me figure it out..maybe it won't. Looking forward to see what this one serves up.

Turns out the match is for Eddies European Championship and was setup on Raw when Perry Saturn attacked Eddie during Chynas match with Dean Malenko. Eddie and Perry attacked eachother before Malenko made his entrance. Dean is the Light Heavyweight Champion at this point too and comes to the ring with two random women haha. Match itself was short but sweet. Lots of brawling, lots of technical work thrown in between. Eddie retained after rolling up Malenko following a clash of heads between Saturn and Malenko. Post match Saturn and Terri beat down on Chyna and Eddie.

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status
      Country                    Germany

I'm guessing this was a Judgment Day rematch? I think Eddie/Saturn had a match at Fully Loaded so this may have been post-KOTR too.

I think most of the people who won the Euro title that year won the IC title not long after.

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    I'm guessing this was a Judgment Day rematch? I think Eddie/Saturn had a match at Fully Loaded so this may have been post-KOTR too.

I think most of the people who won the Euro title that year won the IC title not long after.
    From commentary it was before Fully Loaded took place as they mentioned the main event being a tag match between Rock & Jericho against Trips and Benoit..with Rock wanting to get his hands on Benoit before Fully Loaded, ditto Jericho and Trips.

Internet Favorite

Status

Match 26 - The Royal Rumble Match - Royal Rumble 2016.

Not that hard to remember this one going down. It's all about Roman Reigns vs The Authority. Reigns has to enter at #1 and win the Rumble match to keep hold of the WWE World Heavyweight Championship. Tripls eliminates Roman and then Ambrose to win the Rumble and the title. This is also the rumble where AJ debuts.

It's also the match where The Wyatt Family demolished Brock Lesnar and where did that lead? Not far in all honesty, poor booking all round on that one. It was an enjoyable yet predictable Rumble match, however something I said on Social Media back then and it's something i'll bring up again today, I don't believe anyone would have predicted Dean Ambrose would end up in the final two of this particular match.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Fun Rumble, really enjoyed the curve ball they threw with Ambrose being the last guy out. They tried not to show Reigns being overpushed by giving him a reason to be out the match but all it did was make him look like an opportunist. They'd have been better off having him come out early (but not number one, so the outcome wouldn't be obvious) and lasting until the final three without being removed from the match.

The Lesnar Vs Wyatt stuff is weird since they changed direction with the popularity of Ambrose.

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

I believe Wyatt had back problems and could not visit suplex city so they scratched the match and ended the story with Lesnar beating Harper at Roadblock
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

Internet Favorite

Status

Match 27 - Shane O'Mac vs Big Show - Judgment Day 2000

Yaaaaay I get to see a crazy Shane O match for the turn of the century. I've no doubt he'll be jumping off something, and being put through something. Due to the time maybe the Posse are still around to get involved too? Really can't remember though haha. As for Big Show, well he wasn't very good at this stage was he? Looking forward to a nice trip down memory lane though.

Well it didn't last too long...and the interference came in the form of firstly Bossman, then T & A, even Trish got a bump for her troubles, then Bull Buchanan of all people helped setup the finish. Forgot this was the bit where Show got a speaker dropped on his leg then hit with a shoddy looking breeze block

Sweet Meat

Status

you and ed and whoever need to keep these up. they crack me up

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    you and ed and whoever need to keep these up. they crack me up
    Joys of it being random...i'm just happy i'm avoiding ECW TV for now haha.

Thread Information