Sweet Meat

Status

Re: Baldy Randomizes The Network

compare the names though with ed's vs with baldricks

baldrick has the worst luck

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Match 5 - Goldust & Hornswoggle vs Brian Kendrick & Festus - Raw May 25th 2009

It's never been 9 years since Gallows was Festus? Wowzers. Not expecting too much from this match as i've no doubt Horny won't do anything and Kendrick will do something to control Festus. As a sidenote, it's amazing to see 9 years later 3 of the four are still with the WWE. I know they left and came back at somepoint but yeah talk about loyalty etc.

Match, as expected was a bit of comedy relief. Festus morphed into his crazy persona on the bell, only to look a bit confused about Hornswoggle. Kendrick went off at Festus and paid for it. A combination of a Tadpole Splash followed by The Final Cut ended the match. What's worse in the highlight of the segment was Carlito, who was on commentary with Primo complaining about the headsets being too small for his hair
    I have a plan so cunning......

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Oh I almost forgot to mention, I'm certain the first ever wrestling match I saw involved Gangrel so his epic entrance with the ring of fire and goblet of blood is very nostalgic for me.

Internet Favorite

Status

Match 6 - Jimmy Hart vs Mancow - WCW Spring Stampede 2000

Well this one is totally random. Jimmy Hart has to be mid 50's at this point at least I know who he is. Mancow on the other hand, who in the blue hell is Mancow? Can some of our American friends fill me in on who he is? Almost a highlight on Mancows entrance as one of his walkon girls almost falls over on the ramp haha.

Well it turns out the blonde nearly falling was the best bit of this disaster. I should give credit to Jimmy Hart for doing a top rope move in this one though, i've seen worse moves off the top than his attempted splash. One to avoid though peeps.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Match 6 - Jimmy Hart vs Mancow - WCW Spring Stampede 2000

Well this one is totally random. Jimmy Hart has to be mid 50's at this point at least I know who he is. Mancow on the other hand, who in the blue hell is Mancow? Can some of our American friends fill me in on who he is? Almost a highlight on Mancows entrance as one of his walkon girls almost falls over on the ramp haha.

Well it turns out the blonde nearly falling was the best bit of this disaster. I should give credit to Jimmy Hart for doing a top rope move in this one though, i've seen worse moves off the top than his attempted splash. One to avoid though peeps.
    Holy shit dude, just go ahead and cheat to get a decent result. No one will think less of yourself. You've been punishing yourself enough.

Mancow is a radio DJ from the Chicago area (Where the show takes place). As a result, not only is he meaningless to non-Americans, but he's meaningless for those who aren't in the Chicago area. The worst part? They ran Jimmy Hart/Mancow 2 at Mayhem, later on in the year.

Brick Shithouse

Status

What a disaster of a match. You're cursed, mate!

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Holy shit dude, just go ahead and cheat to get a decent result. No one will think less of yourself. You've been punishing yourself enough.

Mancow is a radio DJ from the Chicago area (Where the show takes place). As a result, not only is he meaningless to non-Americans, but he's meaningless for those who aren't in the Chicago area. The worst part? They ran Jimmy Hart/Mancow 2 at Mayhem, later on in the year.
    Really? Only in WCW huh???

I did notice from hovering over the segments on the network that lots of Spring Stampede 2000 Matches were really short in length.

Really? Only in WCW huh???

I did notice from hovering over the segments on the network that lots of Spring Stampede 2000 Matches were really short in length.
    This was the first PPV after Russo/Bischoff took over. As a result, they ran two different tournaments to crown new WCW US and Tag Champions. In addition, they needed to crown new WCW World World, Cruiserweight, and Hardcore Champions as well. On a show filled with plenty of bad matches, you lucked out and were given the worst match of the night.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    This was the first PPV after Russo/Bischoff took over. As a result, they ran two different tournaments to crown new WCW US and Tag Champions. In addition, they needed to crown new WCW World World, Cruiserweight, and Hardcore Champions as well. On a show filled with plenty of bad matches, you lucked out and were given the worst match of the night.
    That would explain it. I'd like to give the main even of Jarrett vs DDP a viewing though, so will see if they'll be kind enough to give me that one in the future.

That would explain it. I'd like to give the main even of Jarrett vs DDP a viewing though, so will see if they'll be kind enough to give me that one in the future.
    It's the only good match on the entire show.

Internet Favorite

Status

Match 7 - Funaki vs Taka Michinoku - Raw June 1st 1998

Ahh the good old Japanese duo. I'm assuming this is before Taka joins Kai En Tai as they wouldn't be battling during this period otherwise. I'm hoping this match lasts longer than a few minutes and is a vast improvement on what i've endured so far.....

Well it was short but it was fast paced. Al Snow dressing in Japanese attire with Head being a photographer took away from the action as King and JR spent more time focused on that than the actual match. Taka picked up the win following the Michinoku Driver to retain the Light Heavyweight Title.

Speaking of Kai En Tai I hope I get to view the 2000 Rumble again just to see their countless eliminations!

Internet Favorite

Status

Match 8 - Rob Conway vs Eugene Raw October 31st 2005

Ahh Rob Conway in his underrated Conman gimmick. It's a shame never really got over, or wasn't given enough opportunity to get over as I always liked him, plus his theme for the Conman gimmick was brilliant. Eugene another underrated wrestler that got lumbered with a very poor gimmick, but at least he had fun doing what he was doing with all those impersonations. I don't expect this one to go too long but it should be watchable.

More of a brawl than anything else that focused on their Taboo Tuesday match the next night...yes I remember how bad a PPV that was haha. The plan here was Conway vs Eugene and a legend chosen by the "fans" between Jimmy Sunka, Jim Duggan and Kamala. Eugene takes the win via DQ often Conway hit him with a chair following a Rock Bottom.

Probably another dud for the record

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status
      Country                    Germany

I remember how talked up these guys were in OVW, yet they never really got the main roster treatment that perhaps should have followed.

Still, the Conman gave us that sweet entrance theme at least

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    I remember how talked up these guys were in OVW, yet they never really got the main roster treatment that perhaps should have followed.

Still, the Conman gave us that sweet entrance theme at least

Poor Conway had to start with La Resistance didn't he. A French sympathiser or whatever they labelled him as at the start of his main roster run. I actually appreciated the La Resistance trio, may be in the minority there though.

Plus just for you Dave....

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status
      Country                    Germany

Underrated theme that

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Black Mass

Status
      Country                    United States

I also liked Rob Conway. And Rene Dupree. At the time, at least. I was also pretty young so I wasn't really too focused on their match quality, I just liked their characters. Looking back now Conway puts off a major Buff Bagwell vibe.

Internet Favorite

Status

Match 9 - The FBI vs BWO - ECW Hardcore TV April 11th 1998

Back to Hardcore TV I go for match 9 of my random viewing, and this times it's The FBI vs BWO. So we have Little Guido and Smothers against Blue Meanie and Nova. As with my last viewing of Hardcore TV it's a match that gives you 20 seconds or so of clips before cutting out to another part of the match haha. FBI won the match but the main talking point here is how awful Meanie was (Maybe still is if he's still wrestling).

At one point he tried to dropkick Guido and Smothers and barely left the floor. Also hit attire wowzers, how many times in about 3 minutes o footage does one need to pull up his shorts? On the flip side he did manage to do a splash from the middle rope so have to give him credit there.

Underdog

Status
      Country                    France

This is hilarious. Look forward to following this thread. Surely you're due a decent one by now!

Internet Favorite

Status

Match 10 - Kronik vs Mark Jindrak & Sean O'Haire - WCW Nitro August 7th 2000 for the WCW Tag Team Titles

So Kronik walk into the match as Tag Champions after a close double pinfall in a match the week before. Post match Adams & Clark nailed Jindrak & O'Haire with the title belts to set this one up. I must admit I always had a liking for Kronik....the WCW Kronik anyway, WWE killed them off of course...same they did with Jindrak & O'Haire to be fair. I know Adams had a decent run in the WWE before as Crush in his various guises but it's a damn shame none of the four good anything decent once Vince took over.

I was enjoying the hard hitting match between the old guard and the new generation until the prelude to something going down post match came when Shawn Stasiak and Chuck Palumbo joined commentary. Just as Kronik were about to end the match the interference came causing a DQ. Then post match you had Stasiak, Palumbo, Jindrak & O'Haire beating on Kronik, then came The Filthy Animals to join in the attack, then the Misfits In Actions joined in and just attacked everyone. Then Kidman & Juventud stole the tag titles haha.

All this was leading up to the New Blood Rising PPV where Kronik retained the titles in a fatal 4 way match that had Rey & Juventud as guest referees...they then lost the titles later in the night to Vampiro & The Great Muta.

Internet Favorite

Status

Match 11 - The Road Warriors vs Ray Traylor & Carl Stiles - NWA World Championship Wrestling 17/05/86

Obviously I know who the Road Warriors are, the legendary Legion of Doom. Ray Traylor was latterly the Big Bossman so I know him, and I have absoultely zero idea who Carl Stiles is. Now as this is back in 1986 i'm expecting this to either be a very short squash or just a couple of minutes of highlights so really not expecting too much.

So Animal and Hawk attacked from the get go..and did they really call Paul Ellering precious? Baby Doll is also with Ellering at ringside...then as expected after no more than a dozen moves Hawk pins Stiles, game over.

Thread Information