Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NXT TakeOver: New Orleans - April 7, 2018 - Card & Discussion

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

NXT Takeover Special NXT TakeOver: New Orleans - April 7, 2018 - Card & Discussion

NXT Champion Andrade “Cien” Almas vs. Aleister Black

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Aleister Black will look to shed the devil on his back and replace it with the NXT Championship around his waist when he challenges Andrade “Cien” Almas for the title at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans on Saturday, April 7.

The TakeOver title bout was announced by NXT General Manager William Regal on March 7, moments after Black defeated the monstrous Killian Dain.

Now that his next opponent is known, El Idolo must prepare for arguably his toughest challenger to date. Since making his debut on the black-and-yellow brand at last year’s WrestleMania Week, Black has only been pinned once, by Johnny Gargano during a wild Fatal 5-Way Match in December. In the process, The Dutch Destroyer created an aura of near-invincibility and established one of NXT's most astounding win-loss records.

Almas, however, can be counted on to have a game plan in place once the bell rings in New Orleans. With the help of his toughminded business manager Zelina Vega, Almas has maintained a sturdy grip on the NXT Title, even if he and Vega have had to rely on underhanded tactics to do so.

Will Almas & Vega’s plotting pay off again on the eve of WrestleMania? Or will Black remain unbeaten in one-on-one competition and make El Idolo’s title reign fade to black?

Don’t miss out when Aleister Black challenges Andrade “Cien” Almas for the NXT Title at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans, streaming live Saturday, April 7, at 8 ET/5 PT, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.

NXT Women’s Champion Ember Moon vs. Shayna Baszler

NXT Women’s Champion Ember Moon and Shayna Baszler’s war continues at TakeOver: New Orleans as The War Goddess puts her title on the line against her ruthless rival on Saturday, April 7.

Ever since arriving to NXT, The Queen of Spades has had her sights set on Moon’s NXT Women’s Title. At TakeOver: Philadelphia, Baszler brutalized Moon’s arm to the point where it seemed like the match would have to be stopped. That was, until Moon craftily turned the tables and stunned Baszler with a sudden roll-up to retain her championship.

The loss only added fuel to the fire that is Baszler’s brutality, as The Submission Magician has continued to torment Moon and the rest of the NXT Women’s division ever since.

Baszler even reigned supreme in her Mae Young Classic Finals rematch against Kairi Sane, forcing The Pirate Princess to tap out to her Kirifuda Clutch. On the March 14 episode of NXT, Baszler attacked Dakota Kai, prompting the NXT Women’s Champion to confront her rival and pave the way for what will be the NXT Women’s division’s version of the Battle on the Bayou.

Can Moon once again find a way to Eclipse her commanding challenger and continue her storied NXT Women’s Title run? Or, will Baszler finish what she started when she arrived in NXT and topple the champion behind her overpowering submissions?

See who walks out of TakeOver: New Orleans the NXT Women’s Champion when Ember Moon and Shanya Baszler battle on Saturday, April 7, at 8 ET/5 PT, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.

Johnny Gargano vs. Tommaso Ciampa (Unsanctioned Match)

After nearly a year of anticipation, one of the most bitter rivalries in NXT history will come to a head at TakeOver: New Orleans when Johnny Gargano faces former tag team partner and best friend Tommaso Ciampa in an Unsanctioned Match.

If Johnny Wrestling prevails, he will be reinstated as an NXT Superstar, a status he lost in February after Ciampa cost Gargano his job in an all-or-nothing NXT Title Match against Andrade “Cien” Almas. If Ciampa is victorious, Gargano will be banished from NXT forever.

Not only is Gargano fighting for his chance to return to the black-and-yellow brand, but the beloved competitor is also hunting for retribution against The Blackheart, who has committed countless injustices against Gargano since cruelly betraying him last May at TakeOver: Chicago. Ciampa, meanwhile, is desperate to get rid of Gargano once and for all. From disguising himself as a fan and springing a sneak attack from the crowd, to coming to Ciampa’s house in the middle of the night, Gargano has gone to extreme lengths to get his hands on his onetime #DIY teammate.

Driven mad by Gargano’s unrelenting pursuit, Ciampa finally appealed to NXT General Manager William Regal for a solution. Conceding that Gargano’s out-of-ring attacks must stop, Regal ruled that an Unsanctioned Match was in order, bringing into focus what is sure to be a fierce brawl in The Big Easy.

Can Gargano overcome his onetime ally and secure his return to NXT? Or will Ciampa send Johnny Wrestling packing for good from the black-and-yellow brand? Given the unique unsanctioned circumstances, there’s no telling how far Gargano and Ciampa will go to settle the score. The only thing for certain is that this grudge match will be a can’t-miss conflict.

Watch Johnny Gargano go to war with Tommaso Ciampa at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans, streaming live on Saturday, April 7, at 8 ET/5 PT, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.

NXT North American Championship Six-Man Ladder Match

History will be made at NXT TakeOver: New Orleans when six of the black-and-yellow brand’s most riveting Superstars, including two acclaimed newcomers, vie to become the first-ever NXT North American Champion in an every-man-for-himself Ladder Match.

The lineup for the inaugural NXT North American Title bout is nothing short of jaw-dropping. Featuring Adam Cole, Velveteen Dream, Killian Dain, Lars Sullivan and new NXT Superstars EC3 and Ricochet, the star-studded field underscores NXT General Manager William Regal’s promise that the new title would be contested for by the globe’s most elite competitors. It also brings into conflict six uniquely gifted Superstars in an utterly dangerous environment, where the only way to win is by scaling the ladder and retrieving the championship from high above the ring.

As the irreverent leader of Undisputed ERA, Cole has shaken the system of NXT since the triumvirate formed last year, but The Panama City Playboy has yet to win a title between the yellow ropes. The same is true of Velveteen Dream, who is coming off one of the most successful rookie years in recent memory. Could either controversial Superstar snare his first NXT championship in New Orleans?

With The Freak and The Beast of Belfast in the mix, the NXT North American Title Ladder Match has no shortage of raw hoss power. How will Sullivan’s rage-fueled brawn and Dain’s full-force attack be amplified by the presence of steel ladders?

Rounding out the incredible lineup are arguably the match’s two biggest X-factors, EC3 and Ricochet. EC3, the self-proclaimed “Top One Percent,” has the power and moxie to go the distance in his first match in WWE in five years, while Ricochet, a world-renowned high-flyer who possesses one of sports-entertainment’s most innovative arsenals, will look to soar to new heights in his TakeOver debut.

The stakes are momentous, yet so are the risks. Which Superstar will overcome the pack and climb into the history books? Watch the crowning of the first NXT North American Champion when TakeOver: New Orleans streams live on Saturday, April 7, at 8 ET/5 PT, only on the award-winning WWE Network.

More matches to be announced!
    Last edited by Order; 03-30-2018 at 12:02 PM.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Re: NXT TakeOver: New Orleans - April 7, 2018 - Card & Discussion

I'm not really feeling this takeover so far. While it's the natural direction to go in, Almas Vs Black does feel like a comedown from Almas Vs Gargano. As for Ember Vs Shayna, the build has got worse than last time.

Of course the big question mark is around Ciampa Vs Gargano which is getting a lot of build but we still don't know if it's going to go ahead. I fear Ciampa might not be 100% in time so maybe they'll just do an angle with them.

That being said, Takeovers always deliver.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Because I know the full card....

Spoiler:

This will be an exciting Takeover for sure. When the three way tag, the ladder match, and Gargano/Ciampa get announced, people will be more on board.

.... but I can see where Ed’s coming from. Black is losing his appeal and it’s unfortunate seeing as he’s totally winning the belt. I think they had the momentum with Black to be a contender people could get behind and that all fizzled out when Gargano was a better piece to play. I’m sure the match will be good but I don’t see it being a really strong main event.

I don’t give any more shits about Baszler/Moon.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Part of me feels they will keep the title on Almas that little bit longer (may just be hopeful thinking but we will see). I do agree though that Almas/Black feels like a bit of a comedown from Gargano/Almas which is a shame as Black/Almas should still be a really great match.

Ember/Shayna is eh. Even more eh that Shayna will probably end up winning the title here and go on a mega ehhhhh run.

The rest of the card per the tapings look incredible though.

Sweet Meat

Status

Really excited for this show. Shayna/Ember likely won't be great but I think it will deliver more than their last match. Everything else I'm super excited for.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

YES! YES! YES!

Status

On the full card:

Spoiler:

Do we think that the use of ladders in the NA title match means Mania won't have a ladder match this year? I kind of wished they would of pushed ahead with the Velveteen Dream's twitter comments on indy wrestlers and run Dream Vs Ricochet, but if Gargano/Ciampa is happening then there's no time for that match to happen. Ricochet is gonna be crazy in that match.

The dusty classic being a mess and ending in a draw doesn't overly excite me about how they reach the tag title match, but it could be a lot of fun.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Spoiler:

Oh yeah, that is a bummer about the Dusty Classic
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    On the full card:

Spoiler:

Do we think that the use of ladders in the NA title match means Mania won't have a ladder match this year? I kind of wished they would of pushed ahead with the Velveteen Dream's twitter comments on indy wrestlers and run Dream Vs Ricochet, but if Gargano/Ciampa is happening then there's no time for that match to happen. Ricochet is gonna be crazy in that match.

The dusty classic being a mess and ending in a draw doesn't overly excite me about how they reach the tag title match, but it could be a lot of fun.
    Spoiler:

I actually expected the Dusty classic to end in a draw this year and for us to get a triple threat at Takeover, but i predicted we would get AOP/Sanity/Undisputed era as a way of wrapping up that story once and for all so that AOP (and maybe Sanity) can finally go up.

As for the ladder match i didn't expect one to be featured at Mania this year anyway. Seems like both the IC & US titles will be defended in three ways and the Raw tag titles will be 2 on 2 (Braun in a ladder match would be a sight to see). I guess The SD tag titles could be on the line in a ladder match but meh.

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

This is gonna so fucking awesome
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Scumbag Role Model

Status

What a fucking build to get to this match. Legendary.
    -------
    Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status

One of the best built feuds in recent memory and its been done in such a simple fashion. The match should be amazing.

[Your Name]

Status

Whole card looks great, only match I don't have a great deal of interest in is Shayna/Ember but I have enough faith in the booking to not be completely down on it.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Postman Dave View Post
    Whole card looks great, only match I don't have a great deal of interest in is Shayna/Ember but I have enough faith in the booking to not be completely down on it.
    For real?

I damn sure care more about the women than I do the tag division right now. The North American title match is cool and all but it's got no story to it, it's just; "Ooooh, new shiny thing and some debuts". Hell, even the main event, between two of my current NXT favourites doesn't have the same heat for me that Shayna/Ember does - it's been built so well in my opinion.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

NXT honestly aren’t really succeeding with their women’s division at the moment. That’s usually been something theyre good at. Once the Horsewomen cleared out, they had a fresh batch of interesting challengers, a big talent to build the division around, and good minor stories like Riot/Cross or whoever The Iconic Duo is making fun of. Since the departure, what has it really been? Every week seems solely devoted to Baszler and Ember in the division which just feels like a big step down to what we’ve previously got. That feud has had highlights for sure but it’s been way too much of a roller coaster in quality that I can’t see it good stuff. Ember is the weakest NXT women’s champion up to this point probably. Every other woman in the division since Asuka left (and the MMC) has been called up or just feels pretty forgettable at the moment. Nikki Cross, The Iconic Duo (who just flat out disappeared), and even Kairi Sane aren’t even really standing out anymore. The most applaudable thing they’ve done for the women’s division is the Bianca Belair push put even that doesn’t have guaranteed presence (and has been surprisingly criticized). Even on this last episode of NXT the only attempt at showcasing the women aside from Shayna and Ember was not even a thing because of a brawl.

I’m quite honestly shocked the tag division is getting slummed in comparison to the women’s division because the amount of depth and interest there is surreal and they’ve got more teams and potential angles brewing in Florida. Even the jobber tag team has a story which is more I can say about any NXT woman not named Shayna Baszler or Ember Moon.
    -------
    Spoiler:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

Ciampa vs Gargano has potential to be MOTN, but that could also go the way of the NA title match so we’ll see. Both of them should be exciting matches for sure though.

I just don’t care enough about Shayna Baszler to care about the women’s match. I liked their last encounter in Philly more than I expected to, but the build for this feud has been dull IMO. I’d rather see someone like Bianca Belair, Iconic Duo, Dakota Kai, Nikki Cross, or Kairi Sane in Shayna’s spot tbh, but that’s just me.
    Last edited by Jimmy King; 03-29-2018 at 06:53 PM.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Rusev Day

Status

North American Title match and Gargano vs. Ciampa added to the updated card.

Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    NXT honestly aren’t really succeeding with their women’s division at the moment. That’s usually been something theyre good at. Once the Horsewomen cleared out, they had a fresh batch of interesting challengers, a big talent to build the division around, and good minor stories like Riot/Cross or whoever The Iconic Duo is making fun of. Since the departure, what has it really been? Every week seems solely devoted to Baszler and Ember in the division which just feels like a big step down to what we’ve previously got. That feud has had highlights for sure but it’s been way too much of a roller coaster in quality that I can’t see it good stuff. Ember is the weakest NXT women’s champion up to this point probably. Every other woman in the division since Asuka left (and the MMC) has been called up or just feels pretty forgettable at the moment. Nikki Cross, The Iconic Duo (who just flat out disappeared), and even Kairi Sane aren’t even really standing out anymore. The most applaudable thing they’ve done for the women’s division is the Bianca Belair push put even that doesn’t have guaranteed presence (and has been surprisingly criticized). Even on this last episode of NXT the only attempt at showcasing the women aside from Shayna and Ember was not even a thing because of a brawl.

I’m quite honestly shocked the tag division is getting slummed in comparison to the women’s division because the amount of depth and interest there is surreal and they’ve got more teams and potential angles brewing in Florida. Even the jobber tag team has a story which is more I can say about any NXT woman not named Shayna Baszler or Ember Moon.
    They might be doing a better job with the tag division week to week compared to the womens division, but when it comes to what has been booked for Takeover I think they've done a better job with the womens title match than the mess of a dusty classic leading to the tag title match. One match is this is the top two pushed acts in the division and a natural choice for a mania weekend showdown and another match is we didn't want to leave anyone off the show so here you go.

I think there's room for the improvement with the tag division anyway. TM61 are talented but for whatever reason that never comes across, they feel hollow and their return push has already been ended. Street Profits and Heavy Machinery are fun TV acts, but don't strike me as future Takeover competitors. Sanity are Sanity.

That's not to say the women are doing good, cause they aren't. There's no secondary storyline going on which is embarrassing with the numbers on the roster so there's no natural pre show match for Takeover for them right now. I really think they've dropped the ball with Kairi to where all the momentum she had from MYC has gone. Billie Kay got a boob job btw, that's why Iconic Duo disappeared from TV.

Status

I'm hyped as fuck for the NA ladder match. I don't even care that is has no storyline attached to it. Literally everybody in that match is capable of doing something mind blowing. Ricochet is obviously going to do something nutty. Cole will get a moment to shine. Killian is always good for one or two holy shit moments. If Lars does any kind of stunt off the ladder I'll freak out. Veleveteen could possibly steal the show. EC3, who knows.. He might pull something out to make his mark on the match, though if anything, I'd bet he takes a devastating spot from somebody, lies around for a few minutes, then makes a miraculous recovery to win the title. I can't wait.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post

I wasn't talking about the divisions though. I was talking about the individual matches at TakeOver and I'm way more interested in the women's match than pretty much anything else on that show because they've made me care about that feud. I don't disagree with your assessment of the women's division but I would say that while there's lots of stuff going on in the tag division in comparison, it's also a whole lot of nothing really - Street Profits ended last year looking like the next in line for the tag titles and now there's a slight tease for a break-up, which I hope doesn't happen. Moss and Sabbatelli looked like they were starting a push up the card, now they look done. Lorcan and Burch have yet to win a match. TM61 are directionless again already. There's nothing substantial to any of it in my opinion.

[Your Name]

Status

I think post-WM will see a lot of that sorted out. I expect AOP to be called up and possibly Sanity too, and with Fish injured it should clear some space for some fresh teams to step up.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Thread Information