Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ed's WWE Network Randomizer Ramblings

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Ed's WWE Network Randomizer Ramblings

This is an idea I've come up with literally tonight drunk because I remembered this random match generator for the WWE network and I've been playing with it for an hour or so.

http://returntotherunway.com/wwenetw...ndom_match.php

Basically every 30 seconds any match from the vast library on the WWE Network is refreshed and there's an icon thing I can press and it sends me straight to the match on the WWE Network provided I'm logged in. I feel like it might be fun to comment on whatever shit match this thing throws up at me. Now this ain't a Shock Top 100 list where I gush over a great match and you'll get an equally great review; the matches have more chance of being bad than they have of being good given the nature of how they are picked for me, and my aim isn't to write reviews, just post some ramblings, but maybe some discussion can spill from it that I wouldn't of dreamed of talking about on the forum that day if it wasn't for this handy little randomiser.

idk what the end goal of this will be but the challenge for now is to see how many consecutive days I can do this for without giving up. Here we go.

Day 1 - RANDY ORTON VS TED DIBASE VS CODY RHODES - WRESTLEMANIA 26

So here we are with a match from Wrestlemania 26 and if you don't know my story this was the first WWE show I'd seen in about 4 years after I'd had enough of WWE during my later teenage years. Michaels Vs Taker was so great it pulled me back into this now 8 year hole of watching every WWE show I can and keeping up to date with all things to do with the promotion. I signed up to WC later in the year with my mojo for wrestling back to it's peak.

Ted Dibiase comes out first and I don't even remember the opening riff but then IT'S A NEW DAY kicks in and I'm back in 2010 again. Cody then comes out and god damn I have no recollection of his song at all, Smoke and Mirrors it ain't. Orton then comes out and finally I've got something to play karaoke with.

As far as triple threat matches go, this has a fairly solid story. The students Ted and Cody are teaming up 2 on 1 against their mentor Randy but then personal gain gets in the way because they can't both win the match so their alliance breaks down and we get a proper 3 way at that point. I liked that it didn't use the usual WWE trope of it's a triple threat match therefore it's No DQ and it's essentially a hardcore match. The crowd react so loudly for the double rope hung DDT from Orton as he makes his comeback that it must of been one of the first times he's ever done the spot which now feels overplayed. In fact, the crowd are loud for Orton in general and the RKO always gets a good pop years before OUTTANOWHERE became a meme.

Cody it has to be said is considerably weaker than I remember him, and I'm not comparing him to 2018 here, I mean Dashing/UnDashing Cody Rhodes seemed way better and confident in the ring that's less than a year away from this match so that's some quick improvement.

The big talking point for me is Ted DiBiase Jr who commentary were gushing over like some kind of future HOF and a man that would dominate this decade in WWE. I know Kayla picked Cody out back in 2009 as having more potential, but I'm sure the general consensus at the time was Ted was going to go on to bigger things and escape the shadow of his dad more so than Cody. Well as a comparison, lets see how their careers panned out:

Cody in the last 12 months has been ROH Champion, has wrestled in high profile matches for New Japan Pro Wrestling, and is now organising the biggest indy wrestling show in recent history.
    Ted DiBiase Jr last wrestled in June 2017 where he won the 'Warrior Battle Royal' for cult level Mississippi promotion Pro Wrestling EGO.

Fair to say someone is the clear Marty of that tag team.

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: Ed's WWE Network Randomizer Thread - ok the name needs work

I was pro Cody back then too. I regret it now.

Feud.PW is a good resource for random stuff too.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I’ll admit that I think I predicted the wrong person out of Legacy to have the most potential, but to be honest I never really saw anything special out of either guy at that time. Full credit to Cody for constantly making adjustments throughout his career.

Good thread idea.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Day 2 - Bret Hart Vs Goldust - Monday Night Raw Jan 22nd 1996

http://network.wwe.com/video/v369868...stone/37021531

This might be good.

Before the entrances there's a live band playing the song coming out from the commercial break and Michael PS Hayes has gatecrashed the band and is air guitaring with them. You gotta love that guy's desire to be a rock star.

Goldust won the IC title last night at the Royal Rumble. He's out with Marlena and immediately I'm thinking of the Mixed Match Challenge again where Goldust had a similar vibe going on with Mandy Rose which I definitely think they should revisit in the future. When Vince says 'bizarre' on commentary to describe Goldust I'm sure what he really means is 'gay' or 'kinky sex pervert'. Bret Hart apparently has a knee injury after facing The Undertaker the night before. Naturally then Goldust works over his arm with fujiwara armbars and doesn't go for the knee at all, maybe the knee injury was legit. After Bret's first real piece of offence, Goldust exits the ring and Marlena instructs him to leave the match for good like this is too much to handle (some confidence she has in him!); however Razor Roman who Goldust just beats for the title cuts him off at the curtain, punches him (no DQ?) and rolls him back in the ring for Bret. Bret rolls through his cycle of big moves, locks in the sharpshooter and Goldust immediately taps, that sure is some protection for your new Intercontinental Champion, Vince. After the match Vince comes into the ring for an interview with Bret who is hot at Diesel for ruining his match with the Undertaker last night; they will be having a cage match in a couple of weeks. I'M DEADLY IN A CAGE are Bret's final word.

This wasn't good. The match was only around 8 minutes long but had 3 commercial breaks ffs so it was hard to get any momentum going.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Day 2 - Bret Hart Vs Goldust - Monday Night Raw Jan 22nd 1996

[COLOR=#333333]This might be good.

*Some time later*

This wasn't good.

It's Goldust in 1996. You're not going to find good matches. My pick for worst WWE wrestler of the year.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post

It's Goldust in 1996. You're not going to find good matches. My pick for worst WWE wrestler of the year.
    On this match it seemed to be more the agent booking of the match that put him in a position to suck, but I guess if he's your pick for worst in the world his actual in-ring work must of been bad too

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Ed's WWE Network Randomizer Ramblings

I actually like this idea, may have to steal it for myself if they throw different random matches haha :D

For the first point, I always liked Ted Jnr but he wasn't able to connect with the audience to the level he needed, shame really as he certainly had more natural talent than Cody back in the day.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Brick Shithouse

Status

Its really hilarious to go back and look at prediction threads from 2009 and see how many people were thinking he was going to win the WWE Title and end the streak and stuff like that. I suppose it doesn't help that WWE completely gave up on him when they saw how over Orton was getting as a face, and they only half-assed a push with Maryse in 2010 (and it was awful - don't think I've ever seen two people with less chemistry together). Cody has done pretty well for himself considering he's a solid but unremarkable wrestler in an era when in-ring quality is higher than ever.

Goldust was really bad in 1996. Generally through Dustin's career he's either fantastic or completely terrible. There's very little middle ground.

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post

For the first point, I always liked Ted Jnr but he wasn't able to connect with the audience to the level he needed, shame really as he certainly had more natural talent than Cody back in the day.
    No he did not. He was always terrible and the few very good matches he had was mainly a carry-job by his opponents.

Internet Favorite

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch Maverick View Post
    No he did not. He was always terrible and the few very good matches he had was mainly a carry-job by his opponents.
    Blasphemy. Cody was bland and horrific with Bob Holly before Ted debuted and didn't exactly improve from there.

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Blasphemy. Cody was bland and horrific with Bob Holly before Ted debuted and didn't exactly improve from there.
    I think cause at the time Ted was a better talker people such as yourself thought he was also a better wrestler. Cody always had more talent than Ted.

On this match it seemed to be more the agent booking of the match that put him in a position to suck, but I guess if he's your pick for worst in the world his actual in-ring work must of been bad too
    Goldust in 1995-1996 was all about the character. It's like watching early 90s Undertaker. Very slow going and doesn't get very interesting. He'd improve some after his face turn for 1997, but Goldust didn't really hit his stride for being able to play up a character and put up good matches until 2002.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

No more pictures, I'm already getting lazy!

Day 3 - Undertaker, Booker T and Goldust Vs The Un-Americans - Raw August 19th 2002

Funny to see Goldust again after those comments yesterday, lets see if he can make a bigger impression this time; 2002 with Booker T was certainly one of his better years as others have mentioned. This was a short 6 man tag building up to two matches at Summerslam 2002 of Taker Vs Test and Booker T and Goldust Vs Lance Storm and Christian. I'd say Goldust probably got the louder reaction than anyone in the match when he spread Christian's legs and set him up for the Golden Globes or whatever he calls his running lowblow kick. It feels like the oldest booking trick in the book, but making your heels anti-USA to engage the fans in USA chants and backing whoever the babyface is always works. The Un-Americans got the pinfall after they hit goldust with the tag belt when the referee was distracted.

Ironic to see ABA Taker here because I have a theory he's coming back as that version of his gimmick for Wrestlemania. Cena bringing up his wife and instagram, breaking kayfabe, Kid Rock going into the HOF, it's all connected I tell ya. I have to say this is one of the most ordinary ring entrances he's ever had because he doesn't have the bike at this stage, he just walks down the ramp, kicking some litter that was there for some reason and doesn't even taunt to the crowd. He's got disrespectful Canadians to beat up I guess. Anyway, he didn't do too much in this match but he was moving around really quickly for stuff like snake eyes. I miss healthy Taker.

Test might be one of the few wrestlers to die and still no-one remembers fondly Usually premature death in the business gives people a bit of a popularity bump and some pity comments like 'I really liked Big Daddy V, he played his big man role well' or 'Crash Holly was hilarious in the 24/7 hardcore title defences, great wrestler'. but Test? oh yeah he was there...back in the day. RIP anyway.

Test might be one of the few wrestlers to die and still no-one remembers fondly Usually premature death in the business gives people a bit of a popularity bump and some pity comments like 'I really liked Big Daddy V, he played his big man role well' or 'Crash Holly was hilarious in the 24/7 hardcore title defences, great wrestler'. but Test? oh yeah he was there...back in the day. RIP anyway.
    To say something sorta nice about Test, he was okay. He was brought up to the WWE when he was still a rookie. It certainly wasn't his fault that he was still green when he was brought up and instantly put with top guys. His Summerslam 1999 match is probably one of the best "How the fuck is this so good?" matches of our lifetime. In time, he found some personality. Had he gained more experience outside of the WWE, he likely would have gotten a good deal better.

Internet Favorite

Status

Test is probably better remembered for being the fall guy for the Trips/Steph angle than anything else haha.

No Easy Way Out

Status
      Country                    Ireland

I always remember thinking Test would be a big star in 2001. After T&A broke up and he won the European title, I was convinced he’d go on to bigger and better things. Remember also being sure he’d win the 2001 King of the Ring. Gobsmacked when he lost in the first or second round that year. Even after he won that Immunity Battle Royal, I still had faith he’d breakthrough to the main event.

Then we got Testicles.

Internet Favorite

Status

Test got to work with some women though didn't he? Stacy, Steph & Trish...not many...if any can say that.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Here’s a good respectful bump for Test: He was actually really good during his ECW run. Rewatching that recently and I actually thought he was a good bully/powerhouse guy. Forgot that he actually tried during that.

RIP Test: I liked you in ECW.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Here’s a good respectful bump for Test: He was actually really good during his ECW run. Rewatching that recently and I actually thought he was a good bully/powerhouse guy. Forgot that he actually tried during that.

RIP Test: I liked you in ECW.
    Yeah he was a trier during that time, I remember a hardcore tag match he had with Sandman and Dreamer and he didn't shy away from the violence.

It felt like in 2006 he was being primed to be a future champion of that brand, on the face side of things you had CM Punk being built up but on the heel side he meant more than Hardcore Holly and the new breed scrubs. Once Big Show moves away I think you see that in early 2007 when he gets a title shot but it was full steam ahead with Lashley.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Test was never booked to his strengths and could never succeed in WWE with that booking. I don't think he had a bit of charisma in his body but I rarely considered him to be a bad wrestler. He's like the attitude era Baron Corbin (who I think has been booked well on the whole and they have managed to hide his weaknesses better than they did with Test).

Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

Thread Information