Thread: WWE NXT Discussion: March 14th, 2018

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

WWE NXT WWE NXT Discussion: March 14th, 2018

NXT preview, March 14, 2018: Almas, Black make their NXT Title Match official tonight
    NXT Champion Andrade “Cien” Almas and Aleister Black will come face-to-face tonight when they sign their match contract for TakeOver: New Orleans, making official their April 7 showdown for the black-and-yellow brand’s top crown.

El Idolo has been in the catbird seat of late, keeping a close eye on (but also a safe distance from) Black as The Dutch Destroyer proved his mettle, most recently in a hard-hitting showdown with would-be NXT Title contender Killian Dain.

Now that NXT General Manager William Regal has identified Black as the top contender, there’s only one piece of outstanding business to take care of: putting pen to paper and formalizing NXT’s big title match in The Big Easy. Will the contract-signing occur without incident, or might Almas and his always-crafty manager, Zelina Vega, throw a wrench in the works? Find out tonight on NXT.

Pete Dunne and Adam Cole collide in WWE U.K. Title Match
    Pete Dunne and Adam Cole will battle head-to-head for the first time in NXT tonight in a must-see matchup for Dunne's WWE United Kingdom title.

The BruiserWeight stood up to Cole in a tense encounter during the last episode of NXT after The Panama City Playboy criticized Roderick Strong and interrupted his show of respect to Dunne. Dunne’s defiant attitude drew the ire of Cole, and now the two Superstars will settle their differences in the ring with the WWE U.K. Championship on the line.

Dunne and Cole’s paths first crossed in September when Undisputed ERA attacked The BruiserWeight and Wolfgang following their WWE U.K. Title Match. Now, months later, they are on a collision course for what is sure to be a must-see affair.

Watch WWE United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne clash with Undisputed ERA’s Adam Cole tonight at 8/7 C on WWE Network.

Take two for Tommaso Ciampa?
    To say that Tommaso Ciampa’s attempt to address the NXT Universe last week was not well-received would be a monumental understatement.

The Sicilian Psychopath in fact, never even got a word out. Enraged by NXT fans’ support of former NXT Superstar Johnny Gargano, Ciampa snapped and destroyed one fan’s pro-Johnny Wrestling sign before exiting in a huff. On Tuesday, Ciampa tweeted that he plans to try to address the NXT Universe, and he even outlined a few requests for NXT fans.

Will the NXT Universe concede to Ciampa’s wishes? Find out tonight on WWE NXT.

SAnitY clashes with Moss & Sabbatelli in Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic’s First Round
    Following The Authors of Pain’s punishing victory over TM61 in the first match of the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic, all eyes are now on SAnitY and the cocky duo of Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli.

The First Round battle pitting the chaotic pair of Eric Young & Alexander Wolfe against the ultra-physical team of Moss & Sabbatelli has the potential to be just as hard-hitting as AOP and TM61’s battle.

Determined to capture their second NXT Tag Team Championship, SAnitY will look to overwhelm their chiseled counterparts (who have dealt with communication issues of late) and advance to the next round of the Dusty Classic. Yet, with all the physical tools to be at the top of NXT’s Tag Team division, will Moss & Sabbatelli put a stop to SAnitY’s chaos?

Don’t miss this big Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic First Round battle tonight on NXT at 8/7 C on the award-winning WWE Network.

Street Profits and Heavy Machinery fight to advance in the Dusty Classic
    SAnitY and Riddick Moss & Tino Sabbatelli aren’t the only teams vying to advance in the Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic. A second First Round matchup featuring two of NXT’s fastest-rising tandems, Street Profits and Heavy Machinery, is also slated to go down tonight on NXT.

Both teams are still searching for their first taste of championship gold in NXT, and a breakout performance in this year’s tournament could put either duo in prime position to accomplish that feat at TakeOver: New Orleans.

Can Otis Dozovic & Tucker Knight use their immense power to turn the Profits into mincemeat? Or will the lightning-and-thunder combination of Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins win out, putting The Sultans of Swag one step closer to an NXT Tag Team Title Match at TakeOver: New Orleans?

The Captain of Team Kick takes on The Lady of NXT
    Dakota Kai returns to action tonight to face the double-tough Lacey Evans on NXT.

The match is Kai’s first outing on WWE Network since suffering an arm injury at Shayna Baszler’s hands in January. The Captain of Team Kick shouldn’t expect Evans to welcome her back gently, either. The Lady of NXT has already made clear that she plans to put Kai’s bad arm to the test when they meet for battle between the yellow ropes.

Will Evans make good on her promise, and if so, will it spell even worse news for Kai? Or will the spunky Kiwi, who is known for rearranging opponents’ faces with her kicks, shut down The Lady of NXT? Find out when they square off on NXT, streaming tonight at 8/7 C on the award-winning WWE Network.

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWE NXT Discussion: March 14th, 2018

Not a bad show tonight.

Sanity vs. Tino and Riddick was ok for an opener. I was hoping this would be the break up of Tino and Riddick because they're just boring as hell to me, maybe being solo will see one of them break out to something more impressive.

Tomasso continues to be awesome. I'm feeling pretty confident he's gonna snap when he finally does speak and challenge Johnny to one final match at TakeOver New Orleans which would be the shit.

Heavy Machinery vs. Street Profits was definitely fun. I don't love either team for their ring savvy but they are pretty entertaining thanks to their gimmicks. Otis is definitely standing out more than Tucker as far as Heavy Machinery goes and I think he could have a decent singles career as a mid carder on the main roster if they ever split up.

Adam Cole vs. Pete Dunne was pretty entertaining. I didn't like how often Dunne stopped to stare at Bobby and Kyle though, it slowed the match down and seemed poorly done to me. The final minutes after their big striking back and forth were awesome, but the end with the DQ and the post-match stuff with Roddy was kinda underwhelming. If we get Dunne vs. Cole vs. Strong at New Orleans, that would be amazing.

The contract signing was ok. Aleister seemed to lose momentum through his little program with Killian but he won the crowd back over pretty quickly with his promo. Unfortunately it also ended in underwhelming fashion for me.. Because, like, why would Aleister have Candice watching his back? He's supposed to be a loner. It would have been better if Candice just rushed out simply to get even with Zelina. Looks like Candice may face Zelina at TakeOver too? Could also be dope.

Side note, it just now dawned on me that Zelina is Rosita from TNA. Literally just realized this.

Anyways, a lot of this show was good but it felt like it could have been better. But it did do a great job of setting up some awesome looking matches for TakeOver New Orleans. I am curious though, since Bobby Fish is injured (right?) what the Tag Team Championship match will be. Will they have Cole and O'Reilly defend the straps? Since it seems possible they're setting up a triple threat for the UK Championship involving Cole, will they have them drop it to somebody before then? And if so, who would that be? Should be interesting to see how everything plays out.

Sweet Meat

Status

Breaking up Riddick/Tino is no bueno. The money comes. They will persevere. Every relationship gets rocky sometimes!

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Them showing tension is still so weird to me. I just don’t see a reason to care. I guess with the second tier belt coming you need a little bit more padding. Could be the ultimate test for Tino who’s been in development for a while and still feels like he has potential.

I liked that match with Sanity. Nikki Cross is so awesome.

I actually liked everything on this show. Dusty Classic has been great so far. I really liked Cole and Dunne and rate that really well even with the fuck finish. Dunne and Roddy: there’s a possible future 205 Live tag. Baszler/Moon and Vega/Candice stuff was great too. And this Ciampa/Gargano angle is so amazing.

My only complaint is that Aleister starts to feel cold with all these talking segments. I like Aleister a lot but I don’t find him to have much versatility with how he can present himself, and doing short jokes feels like things we criticize guys on the main roster for (Roman). He still feels special but they really gamble with his mystique with these program builds.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Fun show but nothing really must-see for me. Liked the Baszler/Moon stuff, especially Kai's assist giving Ember the upperhand; protected Shayna's aura.

I chortled at Black's short jokes. I'm short, I don't care. It's dopey but it showed he has more to him than just being a motivated ass-kicker that likes metal music, smoke machines and sitting cross-legged. Sure, it's not something revolutionary that's never been done before, but making him a little more relatable might help things along the way; who knows.

I don't care about Riddick and Tino having a lover's tiff other than them splitting up means that they're weaknesses will be all the more exposed in singles action, the tag division will be losing a solid, hateable team that they kinda need right now, and that neither of them make me wanna cheer them so who's taking the hit and turning face for twenty minutes?

Street Profits to win the Classic?

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

- Aw yeah my moshpit weirdo chaosboy Alexander Wolfe <3

Like there was ever any doubt about the result. It wasn't anything special, but it got the job done. Plus I popped for the Nikki Cross interference. So are Tino/Moss going to repeat the 'will they/won't they(split up)' thing Blake & Murphy did, but not as good? Cool.

- These 'Ciampa stands in a ring and gets booed for seven minutes' pieces make for some really good timekiling segments. The visual of a visibly angered Ciampa dropping the microphone in frustration, as the camera zooms out to show hundreds of Gargano-face-symbols in the crowd, is a fantastic touch.

- Dakota Kai's neato. I like her. She sells fear pretty well, her face dropping the second she heard Shayna Baszler's theme hit. The Baszler/Moon brawl was nice, and had a bit more hate than Ember usually presents in these serious segments, so it's nice. Plus I dug a previous victim of Baszler, Dakota Kai, returned to help Ember despite being clearly terrified of Baszler. Even if it was something as quick as a kick-and-run, it's nice for wrestlers to react and intertwine when a feud happens beside them instead of the usual 'midcarder vanishes so the feuding two can brawl in peace' thing.

- I want a spinoff series of Otis Dozovic & Montez Ford interacting with life. Sometimes with cameos by Tucker Knight, but never with Angelo Dawkins.

- Flashback to the last time Pete Dunne was in the same ring as the Undisputer Era: He watched them beat up fellow UK competitor Wolfgang, he entered the ring, teasing a save, only to instead grab his UK belt and leave.

Now today: Rather than bailing and leaving Inexplicably Shirtless Roddy Strong to die at the hands of the Undisputed Era, as is tradition, he stood by him and helped make the UE retreat. Selfish heel to IDGAF tweener. CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT FUCK YEAH.

Anyway, as for the match itself - was alright. Liked the spots where Dunne just straight-up forearmed Adam Cole's jaw into his chest. Adam's the kinda guy who'll talk shit, push, shove, all that. Pete's the kinda guy who'll just walk up and knock him the heck out.

- Not sure how I feel about Aliester Black cracking short jokes on Zelina. Like, on paper it does come off as pretty corny, and Aliester's track record with the usual in-ring facey promos on NXT isn't good, though I do like how Aliester isn't 100% darkness occult stuff, I guess? Sassy Occultist has a nice ring to it. Candice coming out to wreck Zelina's shit feels like the Black/Almas feud is a side-story to the ongoing Gargano/Almas feud, but I can dig feuds bleeding into each other, so I don't mind it as much, kinda.

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

Very much enjoying NXT at the moment.

TakeOver looks like it is going to a very strong line up indeed. Ciampa not saying a word and working the crowd is glorious, I'm super excited for Almas vs Black and even a Moon/Baszler rematch is fine with me.

Love Pete Dunne. Possibly my favourite guy in the whole company despite him not appearing that much.

Also Dakota Kai's theme
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Thread Information