Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WWE 205 Live Discussion: March 13th, 2018

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: WWE 205 Live Discussion: March 13th, 2018

thoughts:

Love the previously on 205 preview and whatnot as usual. Again, using actual fresh interview footage helps too because it makes it more than a recap.

Thought the tag match was fun. Metalik man, always impresses. And Lince's dive was sweet. Liked Itami/Tozawa getting the win, then the temper of Itami coming into play a bit. All for this becoming more of a feud and Hideo becoming heel if that's indeed the direction. Even if not, Itami with a temper is good by me.

The Roddy video package was well done, as expected. Using his NXT stuff which used his real story obviously is smart. Drake having a theme and tron is dope, but that theme did not seem good at all. Maybe it'll grow on me idk.

Thought the Gallagher enhancement match was a delight. Someone got Finlay vibes and that's definitely accurate. He hit hard in safe places but had fun offense too. Drake putting over the brand in the process was nice. Still, I want Gallagher with Kendrick again whenever Kendrick finally comes back.

The Cedric promo was good stuff and I love the Goldustish gear. As mentioned in the general post, Ali doing these promos are cool. Putting the work in and they're not bad at all.

Cedric/Roddy was very good. Had a hiccup early on, but otherwise I was very happy with it and I'm pleased Cedric won. With NXT so bloated, Roddy moving to 205 full time post Mania, especially with tapings, seems like a good idea. But man, Cedric/Ali or Cedric/Gulak will be a blast.

All in all a strong show again. Happy with everything. Crowd was okayish. Still not good, but okay by 205 standards. Blah blah blah tapings blah

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

what the heck, daylight savings, quit messing up my rasslin' time.

- I didn't notice it before, but I dig the in-depth recap of last week, catching us up on the tournament arc incase we missed it. It's a lovely thing that helps tie episodes together, and I hope they keep it after this tournament is over.

- We're gonna need a name for Itami/Tozawa. Fun match between them and Lucha House Party, loved Dorado's Metalik-springboard to the outside, that was hot af. I dig the subtle personality contrasting between Hideo and Akira. One's more flashy, energised, showy, but still gets the job done, and the other's hard-hitting, no wasted motion, but has struggled to make an impact. Together, they help fix each other's flaws whilst still providing a clash of personalities to keep things interesting. The post match stuff with a mixture of Japanese, Spanish, and English jawjacking was pretty neat, leading to Dorado vs Itami perhaps?

- Godamnit I had enough Roderick Strong vignettes on NXT, staaahp.

- holy shit is that Drake Maverick's theme? It's awful, I love it.

- I miss Jack Gallagher's kickass asskicking suits. And William III. Not a fan of the whole 'if you can to be a serious contendor then you gotta ditch everything unique about you.' One of the best 205 Live matches was pre-heel Gallagher vs Neville and a lot of people brought into it from what I recall. I understand the direction they're going in, but I still wish they could keep some of the more fun stuff.

That aside, it's also pretty good that they seem to be bringing back jobber squashes. Between the jobber team last week, and the poor dude this week who had the misfortune of being in the right with Jack Gallagher, it's a good way to help keep usual crew from falling into that 'forever a winless jobber hole.'

- oh thank god Cedric won. It would be pretty shitty for a guy who literally just got the callup to instantly get into the Mania Cruiserweight title match instead of one of the dozen who have been trying to make this work for a year and a half, especially since one way or another Cedric has been kept out of the title picture since it's inception - to the point where he's, like, the only face who never faced Neville for the title despite being built up as one of the top faces of the brand - and when he was in title contention, the bout kept getting avoided for one reason or another - see: Enzo being sick, then fired - so for him to be kicked aside in favor of the new flavor who just got here would be pretty spiteful and would just add more fuel to my somewhat irrational Roddy Strong disliking.

that being said, fantastic match. Hell, probably the best match of the tournament so far, if not top three. Both dudes worked their asses off, and I love the spot of Cedric nailing his finisher, only for Roddy to get a foot on the ropes, and the positions being exactly mirrored later on. As much as I shit on Roddy for not being the best at speaking, he's pretty fantastic at the whole wrestling dealio. Stick him in the midcard-Cesaro-position and he'll shine.

The Waffle King

Status
      Country                    Canada

Great show, loved every minute of it
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I mean it sounds hot to me. Some people work at Arby's and someone people just want to fuckmurder all night whatever floats your boat

Sweet Meat

Status

One thing I do agree with Ed about is that Hideo's finish he's been using since the Kendrick incident really isn't great. Set up is long/awkward and the camera angle almost never catches it either. Wish they'd keep the GTS but I can see why they didn't. Otherwise, the knee or something could do the trick. Plus the submission

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    One thing I do agree with Ed about is that Hideo's finish he's been using since the Kendrick incident really isn't great. Set up is long/awkward and the camera angle almost never catches it either. Wish they'd keep the GTS but I can see why they didn't. Otherwise, the knee or something could do the trick. Plus the submission
    Aww someone reads my tweets.

But yeah, he's probably done the move before but as he hit that weak knee after 20 seconds I thought that can't be the finish. And it was. Just a really weak way to end a pretty fun match and made even worse by the post match angle when Lince Dorado was hot with Itami for crossing the line for some reason. Hideo seems disinterested in this tag team stuff.

I swear we've heard this Drake theme before. Maybe it was someone's theme on NXT for a few weeks. Nice squash match for Gallagher.

I love love loved the main event. One of the best of the tournament, both guys got their shit in, they looked like equals, both of them getting the backbreaker finishes in on to rope break was cool and at the end when they started going at it with punches the crowd was really into it. So glad I watched the match unspoiled because it was hard to call which way it was going at the end. Roddy looked heartbroken when he lost which put over the significance of the match even more, I was pulling for him to win. He's been the best wrestler in WWE this year and a big reason why this tournament has been a success. I suppose the NXT spoilers might of hinted that Roddy wouldn't be wrestling back to back nights, but you never know. I'm all in on Ali winning this tournament now.

Sweet Meat

Status

I think Lince was more mad about Hideo standing over Metalik/general dickness as opposed to the finish being too far.

Hideo being a dick is kind of his thing even as a baby, so it works. I mean he did the little kick gimmick etc too.

Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    I swear we've heard this Drake theme before. Maybe it was someone's theme on NXT for a few weeks. Nice squash match for Gallagher.
    Wouldn't surprise me. Pretty sure the CWC theme was Bad News Barrett's alternative theme but with lyrics.

The 6-man tag team match was pretty good. Loved every second of it. Whilst I agree that Hideo looked disinterested in the match, I liked his offence. He works a much slower pace then the others which is a breath of fresh air and makes him stand out. I would love for him to use the busaiku knee kick as his finisher. I really hope they push him and Tozawa to the tag titles because Hideo doesn't look happy in WWE at all and there were slightly rumors of him planning to leave when his contract is up and perhaps that will give him an incentive to stay.

Thought the match was excellent. Strong's performance was fantastic as per usual. Cedric was good as well. I didn't notice him selling his beck very much in the match which was a shame but I thought he had a good performance nonetheless.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I KNEW IT

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Lince Dorado & Gran Metalik vs Akira Tozawa & Hideo Itami - Average match to be honest. Itami looked like he didn't give a damn about this match, shame really.

Jack Gallagher vs Murphy Myers - Just a squash to put over a very aggressive JG.

Cedric Alexander vs Roderick Strong - Whilst it was an enjoyable match I was left expecting more, maybe that's just me. Plus I wasn't fond of the roll up finish.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Lucha house party and uh, the new orient express are such fun pairings. But man Kendrick needs to get back to team with Jack. And oney and Burch
    I've been trying to come up with a name for Tozawa and Itami and the best I've come up with so far is The Dragon's Ark, which is just a mash-up of Dragon Gate and NOAH being known as the Ark. It's shit.

Still, I want Gallagher with Kendrick again whenever Kendrick finally comes back.
    Unless there's complications with his injury, I expect Kendrick's scheduled to return after 'Mania. No point bringing him back until the tournament is over really; let them re-establish the guys they've had since the Enzo scandal before they start sprinkling in other names. Then again, it's totally possible that he's just gonna stick to training Ronda for the forseeable to help make sure she's progressing enough to make her worthwhile; I can't imagine she's cheap to keep around.

Roddy vs. Cedric was fantastic. Really enjoyed it and (like Ed said) certainly one of the better matches of what's been was very good tournament in my eyes. The right man won. Alexander should be going all the way unless their going to give us super heel Drulak, being a ruthless sonuva and cheating when he can't get it done by legitimate means.

Thread Information