Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - March 12th, 2018

Friendship King

Status
      Country                    Australia

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw Live Discussion Thread - March 12th, 2018

I'm a sucker for battle royals, so the announcement of the Fabulous Moolah Women's Battle Royal at Mania is pretty cool. Will be more fun than a meaningless eight-ten-twelve women's tag to get everyone on the card. Wish they went with a different name though, the less Moolah is mentioned, the better. Ick. Still tho, battle royal!

SPEAKING OF BATTLE ROYALS. A monster getting a tag team title shot sans a tag partner is something I've seen floating around in BTBs for a long time but I'm still genuinely surprised WWE went with it. I hope this leads to him being forced to have a partner and for shits and giggles he goes with someone like Curt Hawkins, and tries to win all tag matches without ever tagging him in.

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

"Watta think would happen if I didn't show up for work?! I'd get fired!" -Cries the man who literally tried to murder Braun Strowman on PPV and got off scot free
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Yay for the women's battle battle royal. It gets the women on the show, meaning they get a big payday. That's a big plus in my eyes. Boo the name of it though. Having an award named after Warrior was bad enough.

As for the Raw, skipped the opener and the main event so I can't comment on them but the rest of the show was fairly decent. I saw nothing horrendously bad. Had a pretty solid match between Seth and Balor. Pretty good segment with Bliss being a bitch, talking about Nia. Though, I thought they went a bit too long an could've shortened it. Minor nit pick. Not sure what went on with Bayely and Sasha but it advances their storyline. Good Raw for the most part.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Young Gunz

Status
      Country                    United States

Oh man, I've got some thoughts on the battle royals (Moolah and Tag-Team) so buckle up.

Fabulous Moolah Memorial Battle Royal
    Everyone needs to stop making it seem as though the Fabulous Moolah was an excellent wrestler and person because she 100% was not. Was she good for the time period that she wrestled in? You could argue that she was, but you could also argue that she was just a great backstage politician who got her spot and kept it by manipulating and holding back women who actually deserved it.
    Twenty years as Women's Champion? More like twenty years of barely defending the title and ensuring that the "boys" were happy so that she could keep her spot.
    Moolah ruined the lives of so many bright-eyed, promising women's wrestlers for her own benefit. She scammed a lot of them into thinking that she was going to train and make them a star, only to prostitute them out to other wrestlers and promoters. She also was nefarious for ensuring that these women remained underpaid so that they would depend on her. I can already hear the counterargument of "Well they had a choice" and I'll say that you are 100% right, but this woman was a straight up monster. I encourage you all to look her up and see many of the wrestlers that she screwed over *Wendi Richter*. Honoring her with a battle royal is the wrestling equivalent of honoring Christopher Columbus with the distinction of "discovering" America, while also glossing over the fact that he performed a genocide on the natives.

Tag-Team Battle Royal
    Having Braun Strowman win the battle royal completely destroyed the little credibility that the Raw tag-team division had up to that point. Braun Strowman winning this battle royal for the sake of getting him on the WrestleMania card is a bad booking decision. Cena VS Braun could have been a great direction for the booking staff to go in (Undertaker cannot put on a good/great match anymore), but they decided to sacrifice the entire tag division instead. Braun Strowman is not a good wrestler. Baun Strowman is a one-dimensional character. Braun Strowman is modern-day Psycho Sid.
    The Revival has proven in NXT that they can put on 5-star matches with just about any tag-team and yet...they've been buried in the tag division. Granted they've been plagued by injuries, but these two are the real deal.
    Gallows and Anderson were HUGE in Japan and were great workers but in the WWE they're a joke. They're rich jokes, but they're jokes. Imagine how great it would have been if we had a triple threat tag-team match between The Bar, The Revival, and Gallows & Anderson. That would have been money if they were given the proper amount of time and allowed to truly shine at WrestleMania.
    But instead, we're going to get a comedy segment between The Bar, Strowman and whoever they throw in as his partner (Elias).

Hopefully, Smackdown continues to offer better WrestleMania matches than Raw.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Luke Gallows and his tag team with Anderson were about as far from great workers as it gets if you’re talking about their matches in Japan. Name a great tag match they’ve had since they formed, I’ll wait.

Braun is a star and being involved in the raw tag title scene makes those titles feel important. I’m way more invested in the bar’s mania match now than I was last week. The Bar had already run through every team before last night so there really wasn’t much credibility in the division before that battle royal. I can’t agree with your suggestion of yet another triple threat match as a way to improve the card.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Luke Gallows and his tag team with Anderson were about as far from great workers as it gets if you’re talking about their matches in Japan. Name a great tag match they’ve had since they formed, I’ll wait.

Braun is a star and being involved in the raw tag title scene makes those titles feel important. I’m way more invested in the bar’s mania match now than I was last week. The Bar had already run through every team before last night so there really wasn’t much credibility in the division before that battle royal. I can’t agree with your suggestion of yet another triple threat match as a way to improve the card.
    They had a few good matches with Makabe and Honma, but I wouldn't say they are a great team in terms of match quality either.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status

I actually like the idea of a men's battle royal and a women's battle royal because it signals the end of 4-6-way multi-man title matches. Them trying to squeeze a roster of 24 women into two matches has been awful booking.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Although I think Strowman deserves better, I’m actually hooked into the Raw tag title picture for the first time since last summer.

I love that people constantly think Gallows and Anderson’s success in japan means they were good.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Karl Anderson was very good, Luke Gallows was not.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Very good is still pretty strong for Anderson.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Although I think Strowman deserves better, I’m actually hooked into the Raw tag title picture for the first time since last summer.

I love that people constantly think Gallows and Anderson’s success in japan means they were good.
    Except they are tho

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Except they are tho
    They might be the worst team in New Japan history. Had a stranglehold on the division for about two years and had some of the dirt worst matches.
    -------
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Karl Anderson was very good, Luke Gallows was not.
    I was a big machine gun guy from like 2012-14. Used to really enjoy his singles work.

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

All I really care about is what happens at the Hardy Compound regardless of how bad it probably will be.

Strowman needs to be champ.

Sweet Meat

Status

love the moolah hot takes

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Thread Information