Thread: Shannon O'Neal and FWA part ways

Striving for a B+ in life

Status
      Country                    United States

Shannon O'Neal and FWA part ways

Shannon O'Neal announced on her personal website that she and the Fantasy Wrestling Alliance have ended her contract. She followed up by saying she is retiring from professional wrestling and moving on to other interests.

"Thank you to the fans, to the management team, and to all my friends who I met along the way. I had quite a few amazing moments, ones I'll never forget, but it has been time for me to step away for a few months now.

This is not the perfect ending I envisioned but it could be far more damaging for me to stick around for that perfect ending and end up resenting the FWA or leaving on worse terms. This is not an ideal departure but it is better than it could be. And I have nothing but respect and admiration for the FWA, its fans, the locker room, and everyone behind the scenes who makes this happen. Not an easy job, to say the least.

It's time for me to move on from wrestling and re-attempt to go into the music industry. To clarify a few things: Yes, I do have a family. No, I was not kicked out of my house at age 17. No, my parents aren't dead -- or dead to me. Yes, I am from Indiana and do talk with an accent but no, I didn't move to Los Angeles when I was 17 and worked on the Sunset Strip. That was inspired by the movie 'Rock of Ages.' When I said all those things that were in the opposite, I was playing a character. I have a lovely set of parents to return home to now. I'll enjoy spending time with them.

Just wanted to at least clear up that part so people don't think I've got no one to turn to now. lol"

Shannon O'Neal is a two-time FWA Women's Champion and former FWA World Champion. She has had memorable feuds with Gabrielle Montgomery, Bell Connelly (unfinished, though), Cyrus Truth, and Ayla El.

OOC: My interest in Shannon is very minimal and the end was coming to a close one way or another. Additionally, my head isn't in the right place to be a productive active e-fedding member of the FWA. My interest in the competition is completely empty and my interest in storytelling is now fairly thin. I've done about 200 matches in the FWA over the last 10 years and that takes a toll when you've done everything there is to do.

I think a prolonged break is necessary. Maybe, hopefully, one day I will return with a new character. But Shannon is completely finished. I got to main event Back in Business and finally win the FWA World Championship with her. I also became one of just three RP'ers to ever win a World Championship with two different characters. I can't complain, even if the ending for Shannon is abrupt.

Major apologies to the booking team if I disrupted any plans and HUGE apology to AON for ending any plans we had for the Bell-Shannon angle, or potential angle (depending on various factors). I do believe heel Bell is the appropriate next step in her story and think, regardless if the original end-game won't come to fruition, you made the right call on that. But I still owe you an apology for leaving a story unfinished. It's the only negative feelings I have about this, because I've always pushed myself to finish every story and feud.

But this is still the best decision for me right now. FWA is fine. And I'll be around the forums and might pop in. One day, hopefully, I might bring a new character in when I get more inspired from the competitive side.

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Re: Shannon O'Neal and FWA part ways

I know that Ive told you this already, and for what its worth, I know this wont be the last we see you in the FWA, but Ill say it again in this thread: Thank you so much for the countless hours, tireless devotion, and top notch quality work you have blessed the FWA with. Ill type more when Im not on my phone but TGO ranks amongst the best to ever grace this Efed. Thank you, Devin, for allowing to share in the journey, watching Golden grow into Whyte Thunder and Rotten Gold, and then letting us watch Shannon evolve into a World Champion. Thank you.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I'm sad to see you go but if you feel like you have to take time off then I'm not going to stop you. You deserve it.

The door's always open in any case. You know that.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

I'm a Stone Cold Lee Guy.

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Well. Shit.

You do you man! enjoy the rest.
    The most amazing thing about this recent conversation is that I've learned AON is even more of a waste of space than I thought he was previously

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Status

All the best my friend, enjoy your time off from FWA. I anxiously await your eventual return to FWA when you’re good and ready.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Young Gunz

Status

It's always a bummer hearing that someone that's been active in the e-fed community is taking off, but when you're creatively burned out you gotta do what's right for you. I look forward to your return down the line.

MC Mitchy D

Status
      Country                    Canada

Enjoy your time off bro!

Underdog

Status

Thanks for helping out and being a great person to interact with.
    Last edited by ONAMStar; 03-11-2018 at 03:28 PM.

------------------------

Thread Information