Thread: Saturday Night's Main Event - Low Ki Vs Necro Butcher

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Saturday's Night Main Event Saturday Night's Main Event - Low Ki Vs Necro Butcher

Inspired by King Steventon's recent return to the forum and seeing his infamous Necro/Joe signature, I recently watched that match again and then stumbled upon this one from IWA-Mid South from 2006 where Necro Butcher takes on another famous indie wrestler in a stiff fucking match.

I'll give my thoughts on it later today, but I thought this would be something different for us to watch this weekend.

Brick Shithouse

Status

Re: Saturday Night's Main Event - Low Ki Vs Necro Butcher

Low Ki vs Necro Butcher – I already love this immediately with an awesome start with Low Ki jumping Necro Butcher and them brawling, while the announcer and fans continue as if it’s your standard introduction. It’s quite an interesting match because it’s two guys that have very unique styles compared to everyone around them. Necro’s style works so well with his gimmick – he fights exactly like a guy who has never wrestled before in his life but he’s been in plenty of fights and is willing to take an unbelievable amount of punishment for the cause. I think he’s like a better version of Sandman in that regard. I don’t think this is as good as the Joe match because that’s just an insane spectacle of violence. But it works in much the same way: Low Ki dominates Necro because he’s the better wrestler, but Necro is able to take a monstrous amount of punishment. The double stomp through he table is a nasty looking spot, and obviously the strikes are great (I especially love Necro's style of wild haymakers in this match). Great stuff!

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status
      Country                    Germany

Huh, actually watched some Necro Butcher the other night (Barbwire match with BJ Whitmer), will give this a go.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

When Harry met Sally the Low Ki and Necro Butcher Edition. You hit me and I'll hit you just as hard, yep I enjoyed the stiffness between the two talents and the ending was perfect. I can never get enough of Low Ki or Senshi, Homicide and Low Ki are the two guys who got me back into Indy Wrestling and Low Ki in my eyes can do no wrong.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Hell yeah. Probably my favorite Necro Butcher match.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sweet Meat

Status

Necro, Low Ki, and Red are going to be like Sabu in that their influence on the business and their specialness will likely never be truly appreciated/understood by the majority.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

LRH Tech Support Unit

Status

Brutal, stiff match.

Have never seen Necro Butcher before and this was interesting. Not really a fan of hardcore wrestling like this but it was definitely something different.

You have to wonder where Butcher will be physically and mentally in a few years doing some of the stuff he's done in the business? Doesn't he worry about the long-term affects of this stuff?

That spot where Low-Ki jumped off the top rope and landed feet-first on Butcher's gut driving Butcher through the table was one of those surreal moments.

I found it interesting that this guy apparently has an off the charts IQ of over 160. On a shoot interview piece of his that I just watched, I guess he went to college for a year at the age of 15.

The thing that really stood out for me was how plain Butcher looked physically. He was built just like an average guy. No flashy ring outfit or human action figure look. That was a breath of fresh air.

Overall, the match was pretty good and the guys worked well together.

LRH Tech Support Unit

Status

Jim Cornette on Necro Butcher.

It's no secret that Cornette despises hardcore wrestling. But, he has some interesting things to say about Necro Butcher:

https://youtu.be/3gkkGCaZSFA

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    Necro, Low Ki, and Red are going to be like Sabu in that their influence on the business and their specialness will likely never be truly appreciated/understood by the majority.
    Amazing Red?

What ever happened to him.

A+Showmazing Red????

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Amazing Red?

What ever happened to him.

A+Showmazing Red????
    Retired a few weeks ago actually.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Sweet Meat

Status

i dont see it sticking, but yeah.

supposedly he was likely going to be apart of the CWC but he got hurt leading up to it.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Red is one of those guys that because of his fade into obscurity I always forget he was a thing. Then when someone mentions him, all these great, fun matches with Low Ki, AJ, Jay Briscoe etc. come flooding back and I wanna binge-watch them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Low Ki vs Necro Butcher – I already love this immediately with an awesome start with Low Ki jumping Necro Butcher and them brawling, while the announcer and fans continue as if it’s your standard introduction.
    I loved how they wrestled the first minute covered with streamers. Fuck being able to control themselves for 20 seconds for the ref to clear the ring, they need to fight and they need to fight now.

It’s quite an interesting match because it’s two guys that have very unique styles compared to everyone around them. Necro’s style works so well with his gimmick – he fights exactly like a guy who has never wrestled before in his life but he’s been in plenty of fights and is willing to take an unbelievable amount of punishment for the cause. I think he’s like a better version of Sandman in that regard.
    He is definitely better than Sandman. This match is better than any match Sandman had in his career and I wouldn't say it was was reliant on weapon cheap pops to do so. Necro has a really great working punch and really conveyed the sense of a fight. He was really of the wrong era of the 2000s workrate indies, ok he can stand out and have matches like this but no big promotions are going to take him on. In the 90s he'd of been able to at least be apart of that ECW alumni that we apparently are never allowed to forget and maybe got some death match tours of Japan - he certainly would of made more money for destroying his body. At least he got to wrestle Randy the Ram.

I don’t think this is as good as the Joe match because that’s just an insane spectacle of violence.
    I prefer the Joe match too, but I figured this is one less people had seen.

Red was the second coming of Rey Mysterio. Just doing some amazing shit in TNA/ROH in 2002/2003, where he was one of the main reasons why I got into TNA in 2003. Unlike Mysterio though, once Red had his first knee surgery, it was over. Watching him from 2004 on is pretty depressing.

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status

#Late

It always weirds me out to see Bryce Remsburg in this environment. Obviously it makes sense that he'd be a ref in the Philly area, but because I know him primarily from CHIKARA it's jarring to see him as a ref in matches like this & the ROH/CZW COD match I rewatched recently.

As for the match itself, it's not as good as Joe/Necro obviously but that match is as much spectacle as anything else. This is more of a great straight up fight. The match up reminded me of the Wyatts/Shield match where you've got these distinct gimmicks/characters that'd only meet in pro wrestling. So we have martial arts guy vs. barefooted hillbilly brawler. Necro is a soldier for some of the punishment he takes in this. I was pleasant surprised how evenly this was worked as I expected it to be 90% Low Ki just based on his rep & Necro not exactly being a "pure athlete". But no, he gave him a lot, and even protected him with the finish so fair enough.

Thread Information