Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impact vs Lucha Underground at Wrestlecon!

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Impact vs Lucha Underground at Wrestlecon!

http://impactwrestling.com/impact-wr...nd-wrestlecon/

IMPACT Wrestling vs. Lucha Underground Set for 
WrestleCon Weekend

TORONTO | LOS ANGELES – IMPACT Wrestling announced today a historic co-promotion with Lucha Underground has been set for WrestleCon weekend scheduled for April 5 to April 8, 2018 in New Orleans, La.

The stars of IMPACT Wrestling will face off against the stars of Lucha Underground on Friday, April 6, starting at 9:00 p.m. CT at The Sugar Mill (1021 Convention Center Blvd.) during what will be the biggest weekend of the year in professional wrestling.

IMPACT Wrestling vs. Lucha Underground will stream live exclusively on IMPACT Wrestling’s Twitch channel (Twitch.tv/impactwrestling).

The channel will feature over 10 hours of original daily content for three days during WrestleCon weekend, including exclusive podcasts and behind-the-scenes footage.

“We are excited and honored to expand our partnership with AAA and Twitch for this groundbreaking co-promotion with Lucha Underground,” said Ed Nordholm, president of IMPACT Wrestling.

“Extensive coverage from WrestleCon will stream live all weekend on IMPACT Wrestling’s official Twitch channel as fans will have the opportunity to interact with their favorite stars.”

“We are very excited to partner with IMPACT Wrestling for this very special and unique event,” said Dorian Roldán, General Manager of Lucha Underground. “We are also very excited to bring Lucha Underground to fans at WrestleCon for the first time. We think this is a great opportunity for both IMPACT Wrestling and Lucha Underground to put on a great show for all the wrestling fans who will be in New Orleans.”

A subsidiary of Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions LLC, IMPACT Wrestling will send its biggest stars to compete on April 6, including reigning IMPACT World Champion Austin Aries, Alberto El Patron, Eli Drake, Moose, Eddie Edwards, LAX, oVe and Sami Callihan, Trevor Lee and “The Machine” Brian Cage, plus the Knockouts will be represented by Allie, Rosemary and Taya Valkyrie. “Big Poppa Pump” Scott Steiner will also be in the house, live and uncensored.

Lucha Underground stars include Pentagon, Fenix, King Cuerno, Drago, Aerostar, Killshot, Matanza, The Mack, Jack Evans and many other Lucha Libre sensations. Matches for the show will be announced in the coming weeks.

IMPACT Wrestling is no stranger to the world of Lucha Libre, having announced a working partnership with Mexico-based Lucha Libre AAA in March 2017. AAA stars El Hijo del Fantasma, El Texano Jr. and Drago have participated in major IMPACT Wrestling pay-per-view events and the weekly flagship IMPACT! show Thursday nights on Pop. IMPACT Wrestling has also sent stars to compete on AAA shows in Mexico City, including TripleMania XXV last August.

“Lucha Underground” is El Rey Network’s addictive, Lucha Libre wrestling series from Emmy Award®-winning producer Mark Burnett, Robert Rodriguez, MGM, and FactoryMade. The first season premiered in October 2014 and is currently in production for its fourth season. The series also airs in Canada, Japan, France and Pan-Asia.

IMPACT Wrestling and Lucha Underground will host a WrestleCon VIP Meet & Greet on Friday, April 6, starting at 8:00 p.m. CT. Fans who purchase first-row and second-row tickets to the show will gain access to meet the stars, get free autographs, take photos, ask questions and more.

Tickets for IMPACT Wrestling vs. Lucha Underground on April 6 are available at WrestleCon.Com
    BRUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

Crazy news to hear today for me being a huge fan of both companies and to think they are doing shows together is great to hear. The last time they streamed on Twitch they showed the LAX vs oVe Barbed Wire Massacre and that was fucking tasty, and this is the equivalent of Dairy Queen Blizzard at least for me. The possibilities and Matchups oh man I'm on Cloud Nine again. Wait does this mean we have to clone Impact so we can get Johnny Impact vs Johnny Mundo or it is a Batman/Bruce Wayne type of thing. Pentagon vs anyone on the Impact Roster I'm game and pretty please try to get Mil Muertes on these Shows please!

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Re: Impact vs Lucha Underground at Wrestlecon!

First Match Announced for the Impact vs LU Wrestlecon Shows and boy it's a good one. Team Impact with Xavier and the return DJ Z vs King Cuerno or Fantasma to us, with Drago to boot this should be a good Match indeed. I can see this Match being an opener for one of the Shows.

Real Women of Genius

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Edwards vs Callihan yeah that should be an intense fight. After the accident with Sami injuring Edwards eye a few weeks ago, it's a perfect Matchup for those two to tear each other apart. Also it wraps with what is going on with oVE vs Lashley/Eddie on Impact so expect people on both sides coming for aid.

Real Women of Genius

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Killshot/Mack vs LAX Man buddy, LU and Impact are really coming with Matchups people really want to see. I'm going to put my feet up, maybe smoke a Cigar for the first time in my life enjoy these Shows and let all these Leeches come running.

Real Women of Genius

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Keep no selling these Shows, and watch these Shows knock it outta the Park Barry Bonds style fellas. Pentagon JR/Dark and Fenix being involved in all of this makes my heart warm! I love me some Pentagon JR and Fenix: two guys I wanted WWE sign for their CW Division, but hey I'll take them apart of this for sure.

Real Women of Genius

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

I’m kind of sold on this show now that we’re getting my new favorite tag team of Teddy Hart and Scott Steiner. Seriously, what a pairing.

This show does have good stuff on it but they lost the promotion clash niche once you sort of realize there’s nothing really interpromotional about it and most of these guys appear on both shows (or you’ve seen it on another indy).
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

idk, I think that's a little harsh. There's only really Cage/Drake, Taya/Allie and Edwards/Callihan that could be booked on a future Impact show so the majority of matches are new and cross promotional.

I actually think it's a fun card that I'm more likely to watch in full over the Evolve and Progress shows that I know I'll just cherry pick from.

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Yeah Hart and Steiner together does seem like a crazy pairing and I wanna see how they look as a Team. My boy Jack Evans apart of the Show and I'm pulling for Famous B to kick Trevor Lee's ass!

Last edited by Sadio HoHo; 04-04-2018 at 08:58 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    idk, I think that's a little harsh. There's only really Cage/Drake, Taya/Allie and Edwards/Callihan that could be booked on a future Impact show so the majority of matches are new and cross promotional.

I actually think it's a fun card that I'm more likely to watch in full over the Evolve and Progress shows that I know I'll just cherry pick from.
    Oh I’m not totally down on this and I agree that I’ll probably watch more of this than most shows, but the theme just doesn’t hit me the way other shows themes do because it just doesn’t feel completely unique. Just my feeling though.
    -------
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status

I've been writing Santa wanting to see Lucha Underground and Impact work together, seeing this would be like my favorite Women Wrestler kissing me on the lips or cheek.

Real Women of Genius

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Del Rio no-showed. Get this fucker out of all of wrestling now.

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Yeah I didn't like hearing that, but Aries versus Pentagon and Fenix was great. I felt they cut off the Match a little too early though just as the Match was really getting hot. Also big ups to Aries to one showing up, and selling the fuck outta that Double Superkick. This whole Event tonight was fucking enjoyable and it really showed off the talents of both companies in a great way.

I think the Trios Tag Team Match and the Tag Team Match for the Impact Tag Titles were really great and I wanna see a run back of Killshot/Mac vs LAX again. Please make it happen Impact/LU it has to happen! I wished they spread out these Matches too over the coming days, a few here tonight on Friday and so. They blew my load and it made me wanting more like now.

Real Women of Genius

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Del Rio no-showed. Get this fucker out of all of wrestling now.
    There seems to be a trend this weekend where someone unreliable or not very good backs out in short notice, and the match they were supposed to be in is made 100% better. Low-Ki, Jack Sexsmith, Del Rio, etc.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Watching this now and I kind of groaned so hard at Chavo Guerrero being called a legend that I think my neighbor heard me from outside.

I quite liked the opener and Moose has come such a long way. I love Moose. I also love Steiner and Hart winning clean over oVe. I can’t believe it. This has been an easy watch so far.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    Watching this now and I kind of groaned so hard at Chavo Guerrero being called a legend that I think my neighbor heard me from outside.

I quite liked the opener and Moose has come such a long way. I love Moose. I also love Steiner and Hart winning clean over oVe. I can’t believe it. This has been an easy watch so far.
    Steiner if stay quiet enough you can hear Steiner telling the Referee to do your fucking job, when oVe is attacking Hart 2 on 1. You can see over time Steiner had enough of the Referee and had to toss him over the ropes

I look forward to how about how you feel about the rest of the Show which to me got better after that Match in my opinion.

Real Women of Genius

Scumbag Role Model

Status

I don’t think there was anything amazing on the show but it was certainly one of the easier shows from the weekend to watch so far. Went by really quickly and there wasn’t anything bad I had to say about it. Certainly picked up the further it went in. Main event was pretty fun and I quite enjoyed that tag title match too Hoho. This LAX squad is secretly one of the best teams going right now.

I was a little disappointed in Crane/Edwards, but by the end I found it a success. I thought it started out perfect, then lost a lot of heat when it came to setting up spots and stalling for time. Pretty sure oVe were late on their cue too. But I like the story of the finish and I really want to see what’s next. A plus for this show is that I actually want to watch more from both programs now.

Striker and Matthews made the Spring Break teams look like prime Jim Ross. The only factor that made the show any type of exhausting was the team of Striker and Matthews. Sucked I had to endure them and they were absolutely intolerable especially during the I Quit match. Only those two can take a big time angle of why the match is happening but then talk about “80 percent of these fans are here to see Eddie make Crane quit, or is it the other around?” or “This industry needs more Ox Baker’s and Bruiser Brody’s”. Ugh.

Easy to digest show and I’d say one of the more fun shows out of the five or six I’ve watched so far.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Egypt

Seeing McKenzie Mitchell and Melissa Santos together, HoHo's dreams come true!

Matanza/Moose/Sydal/Konley/Evans/Chavo - This was pretty alright, nothing mindblowing and really just seemed to serve to set up the announcement of LU Season 4. **1/2

Allie vs. Taya - Another decent match, an improvement on the opener and a good taste of what they can do while at the same time saving more for a bigger match later. Allie is a very underutilized talent in Impact despite being champion. **3/4

Steiner/Hart vs oVe - What a stupid match. I love how Impact put over a 55 year old Scott Steiner and Teddy freaking Hart over one of your top tag teams. Was it really worth it? *

Cuerno/Aero Star/Drago vs. Everett/Xavier/DJZ - First thing on the show that really felt like there was life to it. Really strong match that felt like it could have been a truly memorable WM Weekend sprint akin to WWN's in years past, but they cut it short. Everyone put in good effort and strong performances though. ***1/2

Lee/Marty - Not a bad match, but not the best environment for either guy to succeed and there was a bit too much interference for my liking and it was short. Too much going against it despite the talented performers. *3/4

LAX/Killshot & The Mack - This was my MOTN and I thought these two teams worked together really smooth, especially when Killshot was in there. LAX is a highly underrated team and in terms of pure teamwork and innovative offense, they're one of the better ones going even today. Impact should try to get both on full time but especially Mack who has kept a super low profile recently.

Cage vs Eli Drake - Average match really mostly built around building up Cage more than anything. **1/2

Crane/Edwards - So why is he here as Crane when the whole match was built around their Impact history? I didn't like the finish at all, and I know what they were trying to accomplish but to me it totally sucked and I am not looking forward to Callis being apart of any storylines. The start of this was awesome and hit the right tone emotionally, it slacked a little in the middle, and then came around eventually. A weird match to rate because when it was good it was great but there were some glaring problems. As Nicky mentioned. Commentary was very bad. ***1/4

Penta/Fénix/Aries - The crowd burying Alberto made this all worthwhile. The action was good and everything but see what I said in the other thread about Aries in The Crash. He needed a Home Run here and didn't really deliver. The other two we have seen a lot already, but thanks to the main event we should see a much longer and better match between the brothers on Redemption. ***1/2

Overall: A very solid show with nothing too bad except that Steiner/Hart match and even that was just silly enough to get entertainment from it. I think it's a big black mark that Alberto no showed. But the performers didn't have any problems moving on without him. Too bad Impact MVP Ishimori couldn't have been here to help make things even better. Like Nicky said too I think watching this even if nothing was super great you watch this and I would be surprised if you're not looking forward to a round 2 of Impact so on that level, I have to give it a thumbs up. 6.5/10
    Angels in Flight~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    Steiner/Hart vs oVe - What a stupid match. I love how Impact put over a 55 year old Scott Steiner and Teddy freaking Hart over one of your top tag teams. Was it really worth it? *
    Yes

That was kind of bad. I joke around but it’s orobably unfair that I couldn’t buy PCO beating WALTER and I’m okay with this. It was a mess but I’m just still in awe and can’t help but to be giddy about that weird ass pairing getting put over.

I thought Callis worked at the end of that I Quit match. I can understand your fears, but he made sense for this so if he just appears in sensible segments then I wouldn’t worry about too much Callis. To me, it was Callis trying to protect a talent that added more value to the company. I think that finish worked well. Probably didn’t make up for all the weird spot set-ups near the end.
    -------
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status

I'm happy overall you guys enjoyed the Show and the negatives you guys had, were on my point with mines. The thing that weights on my mind is whenever Impact has something like this that is positive and the Show was a good watch no doubt in my opinion, something happens and that momentum they gained goes in the Trash Can. Impact takes this and expand on it heading to Redemption please, give us LAX vs Mack/Killshot 2, make Allie defend her title versus multiple ladies in Impact and LU[like is Ivelisse still contracted to them still?], Sydal X-Division Title defense with two or three guys, and a banger of a Main Event pretty please.

Real Women of Genius

Sweet Meat

Status

callis sucks on commentary just as a random fyi

as for this show, hart/steiner v ove wasnt good but its the kind of thing i like existing just for the "remember when" thing

thought the six man tag and killshot/mack vs lax were really fun. on the callihan/eddie match now

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Thread Information