Page 1 of 38 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status
      Country                    United States

2018 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

The 2017 NFL season has closed their doors, when the Eagles beat the Patriots 41-33 in Super Bowl LII to claim their first Lombardi Trophy in their franchise history.

Now begins the offseason, where free agents signs with teams, players get traded to other teams, some players calling it a careers, coaching hires and fires, and so on. Anyways, let's post some news going on in the NFL.

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Rams have agreed to acquire Pro Bowl cornerback Marcus Peters from the Kansas City Chiefs, sources told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.

The deal cannot be made official until March 14.
    That's a very good move for the Rams to replace the position that Trumaine Johnson vacated, by acquiring Marcus Peters, to strengthen the Rams' defense. I wonder what the Rams gave up in order to get him? We'll find out soon enough.
    Last edited by Lord Drakkon; 02-23-2018 at 03:38 PM.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: 2018 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

Yeah I don't get The Chiefs giving him up, was he going to be a Free Agent soon anyway? You know teams love to trade away a talent they think might not resign with them and get value, rather than no value at all. I don't know what my Eagles will do this Offseason we had a sneaky good one going into the Season with Jeffery, Blount, Long, Stefen Wisniewski, Smith, Graham and the steal for them Nick Foles. Now with so many players locked up, the wiggle room to make moves is slim, but with Roseman in charge he might surprise me. I would say though Blount is gone, with Clement and Ajayi locked in theirs no need to go nuts with money he'll want to stay.

I would say though they could keep Sproles who wants to return, so he could be the cheaper option, and with the draft you can get another young guy in there as well. For sure the decision on whether to keep or trade Foles will be a interesting situation to look at for my team. I want them to keep him, just in case Wentz isn't ready to play. Better safe than sorry, and the last thing you want is Sudfield starting the Season lol. I would say though Burton isn't expected to sign back with the Eagles, the same man who knew a TD to Foles in the SB. I would say he's very talented just that Ertz is better, so whatever team gets him is getting a steal of a player he really does his thing with the ball in his hands.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Status

Jags locked up Bortles till 2020.

I take back all of my optimistic predictions about them. Gotta be the stupidest organizational move of the offseason and it's barely gotten started.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post

I take back all of my optimistic predictions about them. Gotta be the stupidest organizational move of the offseason and it's barely gotten started.
    I like it. I have unfortunately signed Bortles to a long term guaranteed 8 year contract in my dynasty league after his big season and have been regretting it ever since. If he ever wasn't a starter then he'd be worthless and stuck on my team anyway.

Even now going into our rookie draft next season I'm hoping to find a cheap QB who ends up being like DeShaun Watson or something who I'll start over Bortles.

But yeah I've got stake in Bortles. I agree Jags are better off finding a better QB, but I'm still hoping Bortles has some potential left. He shined in a few spots last season. Looked like trash in others, but I think there's hope.

Yooooo Mang

Status

I have faith that Bortles can build off last year and be the man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status

So the NFL is now sueing or demanding or fining Jerry Jones and the Cowboys $2 million to reimburse them for the legal fees caused by Ezekiel Elliot fighting his suspension.

I think that's hilarious. But why didn't this happen with Kraft and the Patriots too? In fact that one I felt like it got dragged out even longer.

Apparently the NFL is citing some long time rule, and it's not a discretion thing, so why was Kraft never forced to pay the NFL's legal fees for the Brady fight.

And also the rule is kind of silly to enforce on the teams. Isn't it the NFLPA that fought that battle for Elliot?

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Panther View Post

It's a dumb move by the Jaguars to give him a contract extension through 2020. He's not even a top-tier quarterback in the NFL. You have to give him some credit somewhat, but the Jaguars' defense in my opinion, is how the team got into the NFL playoffs until their defeat in the AFC title game against the Patriots. If 2-3 key defensive players, even if Fournette were to get hurt, were to go down with injuries, then we'll see if Bortles can carry the team. But in the meantime, the Jags better pray for Bortles, cause they are stuck with him for three more seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    So the NFL is now sueing or demanding or fining Jerry Jones and the Cowboys $2 million to reimburse them for the legal fees caused by Ezekiel Elliot fighting his suspension.

I think that's hilarious. But why didn't this happen with Kraft and the Patriots too? In fact that one I felt like it got dragged out even longer.

Apparently the NFL is citing some long time rule, and it's not a discretion thing, so why was Kraft never forced to pay the NFL's legal fees for the Brady fight.

And also the rule is kind of silly to enforce on the teams. Isn't it the NFLPA that fought that battle for Elliot?
    Goodell's a power hungry motherfucker. Despite my hatred for Jerry Jones, I have to agree with him on Goodell's actions on Elliott and other actions before it. It's just wrong that Elliott still got suspended for those six games, despite not being criminally charged with domestic violence against his ex-girlfriend. So, Goodell did just that to make himself look good and protect his image from embarrassment. Now, Goodell wants to heavily fine Jones for speaking the truth about Goodell's decisions. Would Paul Tagliabue or Pete Rozelle do the things Goodell do? Probably not, but Goodell's decisions is making the NFL look bad.

Status

Here's some of the latest news going around the NFL:

Pro Football Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly will once again undergo treatment for oral cancer after recent testing showed that the cancer has returned.

"As our family has faced many trials and triumphs throughout the years, you have blessed us with your prayers. We are asking for those prayers once again," Kelly said in a statement Thursday. "The oral cancer we hoped would be gone forever has returned. Although I was shocked and deeply saddened to receive this news, I know that God is with me.
    That's sad news to hear about the return of his cancer. I hope the second time around the cancer goes away for good for Jim Kelly. God bless you.

INDIANAPOLIS -- The Colts are saying goodbye to their starting running back from the past three seasons, and they expect franchise quarterback Andrew Luck to be with the team when offseason workouts begin in the first week of April.

General manager Chris Ballard met with Frank Gore and told the veteran running back that the Colts don't plan to re-sign him.
    I believe he's still got some football left in him. He's still consistently rushing over 900 to 1,000 yards per season, which amazes me. He'll find a good home to resume his NFL career.

Forte calls it a career as he retires from the NFL.

Matt Forte will not be back with the New York Jets or any other team next season, as the running back announced on Wednesday that he is calling it a career.
    Forte spoke about his decision and reflected on his 10-year career in an interview with Sports Spectrum.

Status

Would love to see the Colts snag Saquan Barkley at #3. With a healthy Andrew Luck, Barkley could be the piece to that offense that turns it into a lethal force in the league for a long time.

Status

Would love to see the Colts snag Saquan Barkley at #3. With a healthy Andrew Luck, Barkley could be the piece to that offense that turns it into a lethal force in the league for a long time.
    You know what the funny thing is, I was thinking the same damn thing earlier when Gore became a free agent. Having Barkley in Indianapolis wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as Luck stays healthy, then they would be a brute force in the NFL.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/969656074142826497

Speed kills with my homie Barkley and look who he beat in his 40 yard Dash. Whoever gets this Nittany Lion is getting one hell of a player for sure.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    https://twitter.com/NFL/status/969656074142826497

Speed kills with my homie Barkley and look who he beat in his 40 yard Dash. Whoever gets this Nittany Lion is getting one hell of a player for sure.
    I tanked in my big dynasty league to take him first overall in our rookie draft. Praying he doesn't go to the Browns, but I'm optimistic that even in that offense he could excel. Especially if they somehow manage to finally get a good QB as well. They've always had a good offensive line, although I'm not sure what Joe Thomas' future holds and if he'll be in Cleveland next year.

I'm still hoping for the Colts at #3. I would love to see him in that offense with Andrew Luck.

Status

The Seattle Seahawks are trading defensive end Michael Bennett and a seventh-round pick to the Philadelphia Eagles for a fifth-round pick and wide receiver Marcus Johnson, sources tell ESPN.

The Eagles' new third-down pass rush will have Bennett and Fletcher Cox on the inside, with Derek Barnett and Brandon Graham on the outside.

Johnson, who has run the 40 in 4.36, gives Seattle insurance if it loses speedy wide receiver Paul Richardson in free agency.

The addition of Bennett will also allow the Eagles to can explore a potential trade of defensive end Vinny Curry.
    That's a huge gain for the Eagles to get Bennett. The Eagles' defense is destined to be a huge force in the NFL in 2018 when you have him, Barnett, Cox and Graham. That's quite scary if you ask me.

Status

Rumor has it that Richard Sherman might be on the move too. He was saying goodbye to teammates and everything.

Who's gonna get him?

Status

Rumor has it that Richard Sherman might be on the move too. He was saying goodbye to teammates and everything.

Who's gonna get him?
    We'll take him

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

[footnote: Is now the longest reigning WWE Champion in Smackdown history]

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Howie Roseman does it again making moves that benefit while also not giving too much up in exchange. The Defensive Front was already dangerous and now they got even better with Bennett. Hey Howie can you somehow trade away Vinny while getting another CB or Safety hmm??

Ogletree to the Giants that's one hell of a pickup for them. That dude is a beast, what the fuck Rams you traded Quinn to the Dolphins last week what's going on with them letting these guys go?
    Last edited by Kairi HoHo; 03-07-2018 at 05:54 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Who's gonna get him?
    I don't mind seeing the Titans go after him, since we already have Adoree' Jackson and Logan Ryan on team. And according to the NFL, their salary cap space is $45,974,068, which is the tenth most space among NFL teams. The Browns' salary cap space is $108,692,537, and that's insane that they have that much cap space.

In other news, Alec Ogletree's headed to the Big Apple:

The Los Angeles Rams continue to wheel and deal ahead of the new league year.

NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Wednesday the Rams have agreed to trade linebacker Alec Ogletree and a 2019 seventh-round draft pick to the New York Giants for 2018 fourth- and sixth-round selections, according to a source informed of the swap.
    Last edited by Lord Drakkon; 03-07-2018 at 06:10 PM.

Prince Of Joshi

Status

That's a steal for the G-Men to me considering he's still young and is already a top flight Linebacker. He could be the key to the Giants getting back to being competitive again in the league.

Real Women of Genius

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

DeMarco Murray has been released from the Tennessee Titans.

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    DeMarco Murray has been released from the Tennessee Titans.
    Not surprising of his release.

I had high expectations for Murray in 2017. I thought he would rush for 1,000+ yards that year, but he dragged ass and ended up losing the starting job to Derrick Henry at the end. I think the Titans should sign a decent running back to replace him and back Henry up, cause Henry in no doubt, should be the premiere running back in 2018. 2017 was among his worst seasons in his career, and I do hope he bounces back elsewhere.

Thread Information