Page 4 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

GOAT

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2018 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Cousins reportedly to the Vikings for 27 Million well damn. When I see a deal like that, it makes me shutter to think what will the deals look like for some of the QB deals to come for younger talent who have been more successful in less time like Dak and Wentz.
    Just going to go up and up at this rate, really.

Honestly, I'm quite happy with Dak and my Cowboys. Eagles are definitely the top in the division right now, but I'm thinking give it a year or two, and the teams should be able to be going toe to toe and have a great rivalry.

Got a ways to go, but it takes time. The coaching is still the biggest issue, and of course, the defense. Losing multiple games that you've put up 30+ points back to back is just...no.

What I really, really have to wonder is what the Hawks are going to do. They are pretty much just cleaning house, and I think they are going to focus on one beefy o line and at least one big money WR. I really hate to say it, and it makes me sad to see the LOB breaking apart, but god damn...Russel Wilson needs some help. He literally was the offense this year. 80%+ of the yards. 90% + of the TDs. Running and extending plays for 10+ seconds damn near each play, leading the team in rushing yards? Not to mention, he finished the regular season with the most TDs in the league, and put up a few records. That's just insane, and he's getting better each year. But for fucks sake, give the guy some help. The second the ball snaps he's running from 2-3 guys. There is almost a non-existent O Line, and when your QB is the teams leading rusher...yeah.
    Fate whispers to the warrior
    'You can not withstand the storm.'
    The warrior whispers back,

I am the storm.

Sangre por Sangre

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post
    Just going to go up and up at this rate, really.

Honestly, I'm quite happy with Dak and my Cowboys. Eagles are definitely the top in the division right now, but I'm thinking give it a year or two, and the teams should be able to be going toe to toe and have a great rivalry.

Got a ways to go, but it takes time. The coaching is still the biggest issue, and of course, the defense. Losing multiple games that you've put up 30+ points back to back is just...no.

What I really, really have to wonder is what the Hawks are going to do. They are pretty much just cleaning house, and I think they are going to focus on one beefy o line and at least one big money WR. I really hate to say it, and it makes me sad to see the LOB breaking apart, but god damn...Russel Wilson needs some help. He literally was the offense this year. 80%+ of the yards. 90% + of the TDs. Running and extending plays for 10+ seconds damn near each play, leading the team in rushing yards? Not to mention, he finished the regular season with the most TDs in the league, and put up a few records. That's just insane, and he's getting better each year. But for fucks sake, give the guy some help. The second the ball snaps he's running from 2-3 guys. There is almost a non-existent O Line, and when your QB is the teams leading rusher...yeah.
    For sure I saw it first hand with the Hawks played the Birds this Season and he made so many plays getting away from the Eagles Defensive Players making all the great throws we know he could make. I was watching the game pissed at the way my team was playing, but understand Russell Wilson was just unstoppable that night and just took over the game.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

GOAT

Status

I think the Hawks are evolving in that sense, that they can be much more reliant on Russel Wilson.

When they started their success, they relied heavily on Lynch and the LOB. Russel was good, but still getting there. But each year he just looks better and better, and I think if they build a good O line around him, give him a solid RB? Should be doing just fine.

I mean, LOB was pretty much on IR last year, and Russ balled out and got them to 9-7 on his own.

One thing that they really need is a better kicker. 3, maybe 4, but I know at least 3 games came down to missed FGS. And we aren't talking 45+ yarders, we are talking very doable ones for any decent kicker. Now sure, they probably wouldn't have gone far in the post due to the lack of O line and run and the injuries but....12-4 instead of 9-7 is what could have been with a decent kicker.

And speaking of kickers, I really hope Dan Bailey recovers this year. He was the most accurate kicker in the NFL damn near his entire career. He had never missed an extra point, and was on the money no matter what. He missed 2 extra points this year, and numerous easy FGs after that groin injury and having issues with a herniated disk. Hell, we had our safety do the kicking one game when he was out.

I am the storm.

Status

Yeah, revenge does seem to be a driving factor in a lot of free agent decisions the past few years. And all that cap space that SF has... they could potentially be stacked sooner than later.

And at the rate that Russell Wilson is improving, he's a strong candidate to take over the mantle from Tom Brady as top QB as long as his team success remains good.

GOAT

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    Yeah, revenge does seem to be a driving factor in a lot of free agent decisions the past few years. And all that cap space that SF has... they could potentially be stacked sooner than later.

And at the rate that Russell Wilson is improving, he's a strong candidate to take over the mantle from Tom Brady as top QB as long as his team success remains good.
    Very much so.

He's arguably the most athletic QB in the league, and is behind only Rodgers in accuracy and overall QBR. He's also going to be around much longer than Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Ben etc.

What they really need to do though to solidify things is build a solid team around him. And having moved to focus on building an offense and rebuild this team, they are in the perfect situation to do such.

As amazing as Rogers and Brees are, they've only managed 1 ring, and not exactly a great deal of post season success. And that's just criminal given how great they are. I'd hate to see another elite QB in that case. Though Russ is on a good track to not have that be the case, given he's only missed the playoffs one year, and already been to two (And won 1) SBs.

I am the storm.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie has been released? by the Giants.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...03069976547330

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

MR. MON$TER IN THE BANK~!

Status

The Cincinnati Bengals have agreed to a trade with the Buffalo Bills for left tackle Cordy Glenn, a source told ESPN's Josina Anderson.

As part of the trade, the Bengals and Bills agreed to swap first-round picks, with Buffalo receiving the No. 12 overall selection and Cincinnati receiving No. 21 overall, a source confirmed to ESPN. The Bengals also get the Bills' fifth-round pick (No. 158) and the Bills get the Bengals' sixth-round pick (187th).

The Bills now own the 12th and 22nd selections in the first round, as well as two second-round picks (Nos. 53 and 56) and two third-round picks (Nos. 65 and 96).
    Not a bad move to move up nine spots, also sending Glenn to the Bengals. I think they made the right move to move up to try to get a Top 5 quarterback before they all get drafted.

Also, having two picks in the first three rounds? I can see why they are in rebuilding mode.
    Last edited by Dashing Doom; 03-12-2018 at 07:30 PM.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016

Sangre por Sangre

Status

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...26107180515328

When free agency opens Wednesday, former Vikings’ QB Case Keenum intends to sign with the Denver Broncos, sources tell ESPN.

First QB domino has fallen.

QB race is on.
    I didn't expect Keenum to sign somewhere before Cousins. Cousins I posted was suppose to sign with the Vikings, and he's still taking offers I guess. Still Keenum played lights out for the Vikings, congrats on the signing and he'll be the Starting QB no doubt.

Real Women of Genius

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Don't discount the Bills trying to trade all of those new picks to Indy to move up even further to get the QB they want, even if that seems like a crazy idea.

I heard the Cardinals are going to make a crazy offer to Cousins shortly as well so I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens there.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Decent move for the Broncs. He's not the future in all likelihood but he'll keep the team afloat while they draft and develop a longterm solution. They're not ready to compete right this instant anyway so no reason to go all in on the Cousins sweepstakes.

Silk's Big Dumb Video Game Thread
    WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

#GrimLove

Status

I feel bad watching Keenum leave but wish him the best. Just a shame that the Broncos aren't that good.

Coming Soon

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon

Son Of Anarchy

Status

Bills made playoffs I wouldnt say its rebuild i keep hearing bradford to buf and im like god no
    CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Broncos D is still rock solid and a decent QB plus a stud WR will instantly put them back into the mix in the AFC West. It’s not like there’s a dominant team in that division so if Elway wants Keenum to be the guy, even in the short term, it’s not the worst proposition for them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Broncos D is still rock solid and a decent QB plus a stud WR will instantly put them back into the mix in the AFC West. It’s not like there’s a dominant team in that division so if Elway wants Keenum to be the guy, even in the short term, it’s not the worst proposition for them.

I was thinking the same thing. Plenty of positives here for Keenum and the Broncos. They'll definitely be a threat for that AFC West crown seeing as all three other teams are kinda shaky as well.

#GrimLove

Status

Vikings sign Kirk Cousins to 3 year $86 million deal. Great. Just the guy I wanted.

Sam Bradford is also signing with the Arizona Cardinals. I wish him the best and hope he can stay healthy for years to come.

Coming Soon

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon

Status

T-T-T-Teddy and the Jetsss

Taptalmatic

WC Rumble Winner 2017, Comic and Game Dork, Walked With Elias Before Anyone, #Iconic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

Sangre por Sangre

Status

Yeah the deals I thought would get done got done. I really happy for Keenum he seems like a very humble guy and Foles and Keenum are actually close friends off the field good to see him get another opportunity to shine. Now what I wanna know is why is Bradford getting 20 Million for 1 year I'm hearing? Like yeah he didn't play this year, now was Sam not playing after Teddy got hurt due to an injury as well, or was he suppose to come back around the time as Bridgewater and Keenum's play kept them both of the field more than the latter? Oh well I guess with all this happening Nick Foles should be staying with the Eagles unless they find a deal at the Draft, because I don't see the Bills or Jets giving up valuable picks for Foles. They want to Draft a young QB, and maybe get a Veteran QB in FA.

Oh shit^Jets sign Teddy.

When it comes to my own personal's team decisions today, Brent Celek has been released by the Eagles. He was the last of the players from the Andy Reid era, and he was truly one of the best leaders I've seen we have over the years. He could do it all in his prime, and he handled being a backup to Ertz with class and honor I wish him well in his next journey. Now he talked about retiring now he wants to hang it up, what better way to do so after a SB win. Speaking about TE's Trey Burton signed with the Bears for 4 years. Now I was saying going into FA that Burton whoever gets him is getting one hell of a player and it was just that Burton wants to be a Starting TE and this guy more than enough to give the Bears Offense plenty to be happy with. Don't forget the man can throw a TD or two if you need him ha

Also Haloti Ngata will sign a deal with the Eagles for one year and I'm really happy with that signing. He might be 34, but like Bennett we use our Defensive players in rotation their snaps will be done which helps them and with their deals you're going to get hella production outta the both of them. Ngata is a hard man to push around he'll help whether it's for Running or Passing Plays.

I would say I hope my Eagles resign Nigel Bradham. After Hicks went out with his injury he really became the lead player giving out the signals especially the Linebackers and he is one hell of a player, and Tackler. If you are near him, wanting to make a move you ain't going to get away from him. I hope they resign the guy, and try to get another guy if they intend to trade Kendricks which they have been doing for the past few seasons. How is the Draft looking for Linebackers?
    Last edited by Sadio HoHo; 03-13-2018 at 04:01 PM.

Real Women of Genius

Status

Packers signing Jimmy Graham... And releasing Jordy Nelson.

Taptalmatic

Never Forget
    Spoiler:

#GrimLove

Status

Ouch. Bradford goes in. Peterson goes out.

Coming Soon

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon

MR. MON$TER IN THE BANK~!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post

Keenum's got it made in Denver if he and the Broncos players can stay healthy. They may be contenders if the chemistry all comes together.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Vikings sign Kirk Cousins to 3 year $86 million deal. Great. Just the guy I wanted.

Sam Bradford is also signing with the Arizona Cardinals. I wish him the best and hope he can stay healthy for years to come.
    The Vikings getting Cousins is a huge win-win. He proved himself with the Redskins that he's good enough to lead the offense, imagine what he can do with the receiving core, consists of Diggs, Rudolph and Thielen. Plus, they got a very elite defense supporting him. The Vikings look pretty scary at this moment.

Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Sammy Watkins intends to sign a three-year deal with the Kansas City Chiefs when free agency opens Wednesday, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The deal is worth $48 million with $30 million guaranteed, sources told ESPN's Dianna Russini.
    That's a smart signing by the Chiefs to make the offense a viable threat, along with Hill, Kelce, Hunt, even Ware. I hope he finds redemption there, but the big concern is Pat Mahomes. It's a huge question mark on how Mahomes handles the team. That's the biggest concern for the Chiefs.

Cornerback Malcolm Butler intends to sign with the Tennessee Titans on a five-year, $61 million deal that includes a guarantee of $30 million, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.
    It sucks that Butler was snubbed by the Patriots from SB LII, but I'm pretty happy of having Butler with the Titans. He'll be very useful for our defense.
    Last edited by Dashing Doom; 03-13-2018 at 09:03 PM.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016

Thread Information