Page 20 of 38 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: 2018 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: 2018 NFL Offseason Discussion Thread

Yeah, I'd say Earl, Kam, and Sherman likely will all go in. Especially Earl.

Bam Bam Kam was a full on beast.

#GrimLove

Status
      Country                    Japan

Man, is it just me or did the LOB have one of the shortest life-spans of elite defenses not named the 2002 Buccaneers?

Coming Soon
    The InVasion - A Mafia Game

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon
    The Spencer Mansion: A Resident Evil MAFIA

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri View Post
    Man, is it just me or did the LOB have one of the shortest life-spans of elite defenses not named the 2002 Buccaneers?
    Sherm and Kam got fucked big time by injuries.

Earl should be still playing in his prime for another 3-4 years. He wants to go to Dallas and is a free agent next year, so I'm stoked. Next year we have a huge salary cap freed up.

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

Buffalo Bills running back LeSean McCoy has denied accusations of domestic violence, child abuse, animal cruelty and performance-enhancing drug use in a statement posted on his Instagram account.

Earlier Tuesday, an unidentified Instagram user posted a graphic image of a woman with cuts and bruises on her face along with a message that accused McCoy of beating the woman. The post also included allegations that McCoy beat his son, beat his dog and used "illegal steroids."

McCoy responded shortly after noon ET Tuesday on his own Instagram account, saying that the "totally baseless and offensive claims made against me today on social media are completely false."
    This is a serious situation for McCoy, despite denying the allegations. But, the story came from social media and it's hard to really believe in these allegations, unless somebody actually witness these abuses firsthand. It's a bit early to jump to conclusions, we'll see more information as the story continues to unfold.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Status

NFL player Lesean McCoy allegedly beat up His girlfriend Delicia pic.twitter.com/tK8PIBpqaN

— BallerAlert (@balleralert) July 10, 2018
    Holy fuck!

This is so fucked up beyond belief if those are actual picks of his girlfriend. But again those pics have to be false because with the pics, including stories of McCoy abusing his girlfriend, abuse of his kid, abuse of his dog, and claimed PED use mentioned on the same Tweet, seems very hard to believe in all that. Still early to jump to conclusions.
    Last edited by Lord Drakkon; 07-10-2018 at 02:57 PM.

On Vacation

Status

Either way, whether he did it or not, he'll likely get a suspension.

Even accusations (even ones proven false) will get you a suspension due to the policy.

Ambrose Asylum

Status

Quote Originally Posted by v4yne View Post

Even accusations (even ones proven false) will get you a suspension due to the policy.
    I hope these aren't true. I always thought Shady was a stand up guy but, I can tell you right now that if this is the case, He is not going to be a Buffalo Bill. Kim Pegula is a huge women's right activist and a damn good person there is no way she allows him on this team if its true. Now on a football side of this it sucks because Shady is basically the bills whole team he was/is a guy whoever the QB for team will be was going to depend on. There is a lot of shit to go on here and I am torn on what to think. If its true I hope he never plays on the bills or nfl again.
    OMB's Super Smash Bro's Mafia

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

On Vacation

Status

Agreed.

After the BS with Zeke Elliot, I am even more for "Let's wait until we have the whole story" before judging.

If it's true? That's awful, and he needs therapy and to be punished accordingly. If it's false? I hope he gets his name cleared and the accuser gets in trouble for false accusations.

And yeah, it does hurt on the football side of things.

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Wow I can't believe this news. McCoy has always been one of my favorite RB's ever, and I was very pissed when the man was traded off for no damn reason by Chip. I hope this isn't true, because if he did this this guy is dead to me. I would say though with the way they hung Elliot with bs evidence which was none, they'll try to hang him too somehow and it made worst when he fought it to the longest he could till he had to serve the suspension.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

On Vacation

Status

Yeah, considering the treatment Elliot got given that even the NFL's investigator said no suspension should be had...and that their was evidence stating that the accuser fabricated it and her friends came forward saying such...And he got 6 games.

I can't imagine McCoy doesn't get at least 6.

#GrimLove

Status

He'll get a whole season like AP. Just sayin.

Coming Soon

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon

Status

Exactly this.

I personally believe a player shouldn't be suspended unless they were legally charged or at least formally reprimanded.

If they're not charged, or especially not even arrested, then I think the NFL should trust law enforcements decisions and hold off. Their burden of proof should be no less than than LEO's burden of proof to arrest. Which is probably cause.

Probably cause is what would lead an experience person to reasonable suspected that a crime has been or is being committed based on the totality of the circumstances. That's the burden of proof police need to meet to arrest you. If police couldn't meet that for a domestic violence situation or a rape accusation or whatever, I don't think the NFL should punish them.

Nowhere they seem to have created their own burden of proof. It's similar more to the burden of proof prisoners have when good conduct time is taken away, which is just "some evidence".

Considering that their own investigator told them not to suspend Elliot and they did it anyway, I don't think it really matters what the burden of proof is. They do whatever they want.

Especially now during this #MeToo thing where a woman says something on social media and everyone just believes it 100%.

It is really hard to discredit these women because I think a lot of them are true, and if you start doubting them then it's a slippery slope that leads to injustice. However I do believe there's false accusations during this "movement". Women who want attention and are stretching the truth or making things up for money. Those women are the ones who are truly hurting the real victims.

I'm not saying that we discredit any of the accusations that anyone makes. I'm saying we don't judge until a thorough investigation is done and law enforcement takes action.

It's hard because I've seen first hand police know the guy being accused did it, but they can't do anything because the woman won't press charges. But it's getting better, all police need to do is see any sort of injury on the woman at all and they can arrest them. Now once it gets to the court, the charges become BS because the woman needs to be pretty badly hurt for them to give it a serious charge that the guy goes away for long enough, but in regards to proving guilt for athletes I still say arrests need to be the burden line for the NFL.

If police have enough to arrest, then there's enough there to say they violated the conduct policy. I don't think a slandering Instagram post that not only accuses McCoy of abuse but also steroids does it. It sounded like someone who wanted to slander his name. If the steroids part was left off than maybe not, but why throw that in?

Elliot's girlfriend's pictures where on social media too, and it turned out she was in a bar fight.

I could literally Google a picture of a beaten woman, post it on Twitter and say that it's some athletes girlfriend and that he beat her, and the NFL would probably suspend him. That's not right.

NFL needs to establish a clear and reasonable burden of proof when it comes to suspended athletes for mere accusations.

Status

Actually I just read an article from profootball talk with new information.

It suggests that the girlfriend was actually beaten in a robbery, where her jewellery was stolen.

It doesn't clear McCoy though, because it's apparently jewelry he wanted back and she refused to give it to him. And according to her lawyer McCoy often threw out there that she could be robbed because the jewelry is so expensive.

If that's true then it sounds like McCoy set up the robbery to get the jewelry back.

I'm still however saying that nothing should be done with him NFL wise unless the police can prove it themselves and arrest him. If the police can't meet that burden than neither should the NFL.

Then again it's not just athletes guys. Teachers, men especially, have been fired right after accusations and investigations too. All it takes is one person saying something because they're pissed at you and your whole life and career are ruined.

On Vacation

Status

And the damage doesn't stop there.

Anytime you see Zeke mentioned on social media? The woman beater comments are rampant.

All it takes is an accusation to completely have something like that stick, true or not.

Status

And the damage doesn't stop there.

Anytime you see Zeke mentioned on social media? The woman beater comments are rampant.

All it takes is an accusation to completely have something like that stick, true or not.
    Dude the go to attack for non Steelers is "yeah well ur quarterback is rapist hurr durr". 9 years later. Ben also got a 6 game suspension back then, he was one of the firsts. Again wasn't arrested or anything.

#GrimLove

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sully View Post
    Dude the go to attack for non Steelers is "yeah well ur quarterback is rapist hurr durr". 9 years later. Ben also got a 6 game suspension back then, he was one of the firsts. Again wasn't arrested or anything.
    Of all the things to legitimately attack Ben for, from being a fucking drunkard, to a complete and utter dickbag, the "rapist" accusation is among the most asinine.

Coming Soon

Grim's Threads:

Coming Soon

Status

DeMarco Murray on ESPN's show NFL Live has announced that he's retiring.

I'm upset that no team gave him another chance to return to true form. It sucks his career ended without a home to resume, but I give him credit for retiring at 30 years old and be with his family and other non-football things in life.
    Last edited by Lord Drakkon; 07-13-2018 at 02:05 PM.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Doom View Post
    DeMarco Murray on ESPN's show NFL Live has announced that he's retiring.

Not entirely surprised.

He's rather inconsistent, but when he shines he's great. His 2014 season with the Cowboys was amazing.

Status

Not entirely surprised.

He's rather inconsistent, but when he shines he's great. His 2014 season with the Cowboys was amazing.
    No doubt that he was terrific with the Cowboys. It's sad his inconsistency caught up to him later in his career.

On Vacation

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Doom View Post
    No doubt that he was terrific with the Cowboys. It's sad his inconsistency caught up to him later in his career.
    He really seemed to peak toward the end at the Cowboys, and never really looked like that again.

I wonder if Alfred Morris will follow suit if he can't find a team.

Thread Information