Thread: NJPW/ROH Honor Rising 2018

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

ROH NJPW/ROH Honor Rising 2018

Night 1 - February 23rd

Toa Henare and Katsuya Kitamura Vs Bad Luck Fale and Yujiro Takahashi

Jushin Liger, Cheeseburger and Delirious Vs G.O.D. (Tama, Tonga and Hikuleo)

Juice Robinson and David Finlay Vs Young Bucks

Kushida Vs Hiromu Takahashi Vs Flip Gordon

Ryusuke Taguchi, Jay Lethal and Dalton Castle Vs Switchblade Jay White and Best Friends

NEVER Openweight Championship
    Hirooki Goto (c) Vs Beer City Bruiser

Kenny Omega, Kota Ibushi and Chase Owens Vs Cody, Marty Scurll and Adam Page

Night 2 - February 24th

Tao Henare Vs Beer City Bruiser

Jay Lethal, Juice Robinson and David Finlay Vs Yujiro Takahashi, Chase Owens and Hikuleo

Ryusuke Taguchi and Flip Gordon Vs Hiromu Takahashi and BUSHI

Young Bucks and Hangman Page Vs Switchblade Jay White, Chuck Taylor and Yoshi-Hashi

NEVER Openweight Six Man Championship

Bullet Club (c) Vs Jushin Liger, Delirious and Cheeseburger

ROH World Championship
    Dalton Castle (c) Vs Beretta

Golden Lovers (Omega and Ibushi) Vs Cody and Marty Scurll

-----

This is a show that's never going to appeal to me greatly as I don't watch ROH and this is crammed full of Bullet Club, but the obvious draw of these shows is Kenny Omega and Kota Ibushi teaming together for the first time in years.

The triple threat on night 1 could be a lot of fun. I have a sneaky feeling 'flat earter' Flip Gordon is going to make it into BOSJ so he might get a bit of shine on this tour.

Couldn't of they of found a better opponent for Goto's title match than BCB?

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: NJPW/ROH Honor Rising 2018

Beer City Bruiser

Yeah, outside of Golden Lovers getting back together I will probably skip this card. Don’t have a lot of interest in this. Maybe will watch Trent?/Dalton.

Big Dust teaming with the knife pervert, bet he’s thrilled.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Kushida Vs Hiromu Takahashi Vs Flip Gordon. This could be good, not sure about Flip Gordon though.

Golden Lovers (Omega and Ibushi) Vs Cody and Marty Scurll. I'm looking forward to this.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Beer City Bruiser’s getting a push? Surprising, but good for him. I thought he was a lot better than he got credit for when I still watched. Enjoyable bully heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Couldn't of they of found a better opponent for Goto's title match than BCB?
    Honestly, as soon as I heard that was the announced match I thought; "That could be a lot of fun". I'm interested to see what they put together.

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Awwwh Kenny won a T-Shirt Auction to get a Ibushi Shirt so they could look like team that made me day seeing that. I'm pretty hype to see these guys go, pretty sure I'm going to need Tag Matches I should check out with the both of them before all of this. I think their is going to be a moment when Marty has to make a decision in to either strike Kenny or try to tag out hmm should be emotional to watch that from the Show.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Are the Hung Buck still six-man champs? I imagine that won't last much longer and will contribute to tensions if I'm remembering that correctly.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I actually would really recommend the main event from night 1 and the return match of The Golden Lovers who are over as fuck. I give the bullet club guys a lot of criticism for their in ring work, but this was very good stuff with everyone getting their moment to shine and play their role in a storyline I've been caught off guard by how much I'm enjoying. Cody is magnificent in his heel performance of being consumed by jealousy for Kenny Omega and his quest to be BC leader, Marty likewise is also great in how he's reluctant to pick a side is caught in the middle of everything, and then Kenny and Kota were rad in their teamwork together. Even Adam fucking Page comes away from this angle better than he went into it because he's showing a bit more fire and personality and picking up a nice little win here. Not only did the match make me want to see the 2 on 2 match tomorrow, but now I'm #AllIn on seeing Kenny Vs Cody at mania week.

Flip's gotta be in BOSJ if he's picking up a win like that in his first night in Japan.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

I actually would really recommend the main event from night 1 and the return match of The Golden Lovers who are over as fuck. I give the bullet club guys a lot of criticism for their in ring work, but this was very good stuff with everyone getting their moment to shine and play their role in a storyline I've been caught off guard by how much I'm enjoying. Cody is magnificent in his heel performance of being consumed by jealousy for Kenny Omega and his quest to be BC leader, Marty likewise is also great in how he's reluctant to pick a side is caught in the middle of everything, and then Kenny and Kota were rad in their teamwork together. Even Adam fucking Page comes away from this angle better than he went into it because he's showing a bit more fire and personality and picking up a nice little win here. Not only did the match make me want to see the 2 on 2 match tomorrow, but now I'm #AllIn on seeing Kenny Vs Cody at mania week.

Flip's gotta be in BOSJ if he's picking up a win like that in his first night in Japan.

Always been high on this BC angle. Really enjoying it and Cody plays his role so well. He's been a great snake in the grass, so to speak.

Also, he might be challenging Ospreay at Strong Style Evolved.

~~ WE ARE ALL ONE~~
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Night two was okay. I preferred Night one but the main event angle for night two was so great. The match itself was very good but what happened after was better. The Bucks challenging the Golden Lovers and going up to the Heavyweight division. Great stuff. It adds to the tension between the Bucks and Omega, and could potentially lead to a G.O.D vs Young Bucks feud. That would be very interesting. The HW Tag Division is looking very stacked right now.

Also, I'm hoping that Hiromu and BUSHI take their place for the meanwhile. A R3K vs BUSHI/Hiromu feud would be great.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Can’t wait to watch the main event later.

Golden Lovers Vs Bucks is a perfect match to book for Strong Style Evolved. Bucks going heavyweight is interesting because they aren’t heavyweights at all and they won’t be the big fish in that division. I’ve actually enjoyed their matches this year, but a Jr tag division without them sounds refreshing.

Really disappointing news that Beretta got injured and couldn’t take part in the ROH title match. Was looking forward to see Castle in a big singles match to see what he could do.

I Want It All!

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Just finished Night 1, and I really dug the Main Event and the Three Way especially from the Show. Golden Lovers were getting that Hulkamania pop during every moment with them in the ring, or doing something together and it was nice to see. I liked how Marty was so torn, not wanting to hurt his friend. It was a very nice touch and as well after the Match as was seeing the Young Bucks torn and trying to play both sides of the fence. I can't wait to see Night 2 tomorrow morning since I'm too tired right now to see another 2 plus hour show even when it involves Wrestling. That Three Way had me thinking hey Flipper you are a star in the making. Kushida and Takahashi are the two best around, and Flip didn't seem like afterthought during the Match.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Even Adam fucking Page comes away from this angle better than he went into it because he's showing a bit more fire and personality and picking up a nice little win here.
    You say that like the Hangman isn't always great.

Bucks going heavyweight is interesting because they aren’t heavyweights at all and they won’t be the big fish in that division. I’ve actually enjoyed their matches this year, but a Jr tag division without them sounds refreshing.
    You're gonna have to help me out here man, other than Roppongi 3K, who else is in the junior heavyweight tag division? Seriously. I can't think of a single team that is in that division. Taguchi has a forever rotating laundry list of random partners, I'm sure there's a Suzuki-gun junior team I don't care about, I guess BUSHI and Hiromu could be a team more often... am I missing someone? They desperately need to find more teams to get me interested in the division.

Do we have a timetable on EVIL's recovery? My only other experience of this kind of injury was Aries and he wasn't in-ring for months after, I can't see them not having to strip EVIL and SANADA of the tag belt's at this point but I have no idea if that's something they do or how they rectify a vacant title situation; I've not been watching long enough.

I thought both these shows were really good and I was kinda shocked how over Flip Gordon and Beer City Bruiser were with the Japanese fans. I like both guys but I just didn't see that coming.

The main event of night one was excellent and everyone played their part perfectly. Cody is such a great heel and Kenny and Kota are just so perfect as a team, such wonderful babyface's who just love being together and wrestling. I wasn't a fan of the kiss spot in the main event of night two - it wasn't so much the execution of it; Cody's a dick heel and got his comeuppance pretty much straight away, what really hurt it was specifically the reaction of Kevin Kelly who seemed to be totally oblivious as to why that spot was there when he's the guy that is supposed to be explaining the psychology of it, being disgusted by someone forcing themselves on someone else is natural but because it wasn't contextualised at all it just came of as "gay panic" and that's not what you want around the Golden Lovers - otherwise though, it was a very good match also and helped set up the Lovers vs. Bucks in LA which is pants-tightening in it's potential.

The shows also got me a little hyped for the ROH title match between Castle and Lethal as well, I didn't know it was coming, so hearing about it hear and liking both guys, it has my interest and I'll be likely to check it out.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    You say that like the Hangman isn't always great.
    he isn't.

You're gonna have to help me out here man, other than Roppongi 3K, who else is in the junior heavyweight tag division? Seriously. I can't think of a single team that is in that division. Taguchi has a forever rotating laundry list of random partners, I'm sure there's a Suzuki-gun junior team I don't care about, I guess BUSHI and Hiromu could be a team more often... am I missing someone? They desperately need to find more teams to get me interested in the division.
    RPG3k
    Hiromu and Bushi
    Kanemaru and El Desperado
    Taguchi and ACH usually, but it's interchangeable
    Jushin Liger and Tiger Mask
    There's usually a CMLL combination they can use like Dragon Lee and Titan.

They actually could use a gaijin Jr team now that Bucks are stepping up, but none spring to mind.

The Bastard of Bolton

Status

Finally got round to finishing both shows. I got to be honest I didn't expect much going in but I really enjoyed them. I'm not the biggest Kenny Omega fan out or Cody's for that matter but I can't deny this Bullet Club story line has been pretty awesome so far. Digging that Hangman is being given more of a chance to showcase himself. Him snapping on Jay White was incredible. Have to add as well I was kinda meh on the Beer City Bruiser before these shows but I can't deny I was impressed with the showings he put on in his matches. Pleasantly surprised with how popular he was with the Japanese crowd as well. So yeah two solid shows. Enjoyed them more than I thought I would.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I can't speak for Page since he became Hangman, but I love the organic story that's been built for him since becoming The Decade's young boy through to the last I saw of him which was nearly defeating Jay Briscoe in a brilliant No DQ match. He always showed potential once given a character to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I can't speak for Page since he became Hangman, but I love the organic story that's been built for him since becoming The Decade's young boy through to the last I saw of him which was nearly defeating Jay Briscoe in a brilliant No DQ match. He always showed potential once given a character to work with.
    Agreed. I have been a fan of his since he debuted that front-flip lariat deal and he's come a very long way. Big things in his future. I actually thought he would have been a bigger force in ROH by now but baby steps I guess.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Don't watch ROH so I don't see Page very much but he has had some good matches when I watched. His lethal match at the g1 special last year comes to mind.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Thread Information