King of the Ring GCB's WWF: The New Generation [ish]

---- presents ----

GCB’S WWF - THE NEW GENERATION (ish)

Sunday April 4, 1993
    Las Vegas, Nevada

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPIONSHIP
    SINGLE FALL MATCH
    TATANKA def. SHAWN MICHAELS [c]

(via disqualification) ... but Shawn Michaels retains the title.

SINGLE FALL TAG TEAM MATCH
    STEINER BROTHERS def. THE HEADSHRINKERS

(via pinfall)

SINGLE FALL MATCH
    DOINK THE CLOWN def. CRUSH

(via pinfall)

SINGLE FALL MATCH
    RAZOR RAMON def. BOB BACKLUND

(via pinfall)

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS
    SINGLE FALL TAG TEAM MATCH
    MONEY INC. [c] def. THE MEGAMANIACS

(via disqualification) to retain the titles.

SINGLE FALL MATCH
    “THE NARCISSIST” LEX LUGER def. MR. PERFECT

(via pinfall)

SINGLE FALL MATCH
    THE UNDERTAKER def. GIANT GONZALEZ

(via disqualification)

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP
    SINGLE FALL MATCH
    YOKOZUNA def. BRET “THE HITMAN” HART

(via pinfall) to become the NEW WWF Champion.

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP
    SINGLE FALL MATCH
    HULK HOGAN def. YOKOZUNA [c]

(via pinfall) to become the NEW WWF Champion.
    Last edited by GCB; 02-16-2018 at 04:36 PM.

BROOOOKS ... BROOKS WILL TEAR YOU APART AGAIN! #SUFC

BRAUUUUUUN

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: GCB's WWF: THE NEW GENERATION [ish]

Your work is always quality. I'll be reading.
    We're just some grizzled, young vets...

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Please stick with this!! lol I can't wait to see where you take this. It's such an interesting time to tackle and I know that you will do it justice man

World Championship Wrestling 2001: The "Other Brand"
    -Review 4 Review-

BTB Awards and Recognitions

Spoiler:

#wc4horsemen

I <3 This Man

Status
      Country                    Australia

I know you've attempted to book this period a couple of times now and I know you're a big fan of this era. I look forward to seeing how this turns out since you appear to have some stuff in the backlog.

I've read your WWE 2010 thread elsewhere (hashtag Cena vs. Orton at WrestleMania, lol) and your WWE 2015 thread on this site. Both are excellent and I know that if you can stick with this it'll be top notch. As always, good luck and bring on a rarely booked era.

Red n White Army!

Status
      Country                    England

Quote Originally Posted by SaveUsTy2J View Post
    Your work is always quality. I'll be reading.
    Thanks, Ty. Glad to have you along for the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlemm1 View Post
    Please stick with this!! lol I can't wait to see where you take this. It's such an interesting time to tackle and I know that you will do it justice man
    I can’t promise anything, mate! But I have three PPVs and two TV specials already in the can. Is that OK? :D

Seriously, I need one last BTB to stick and I’m planning for this one long term. I’ve written previews and PPVs through to the end of 1993 and then I’m going to write weekly shows in the run to the Royal Rumble and beyond. Glad you’re reading.

Quote Originally Posted by EZ3 View Post
    I know you've attempted to book this period a couple of times now and I know you're a big fan of this era. I look forward to seeing how this turns out since you appear to have some stuff in the backlog.

I've read your WWE 2010 thread elsewhere (hashtag Cena vs. Orton at WrestleMania, lol) and your WWE 2015 thread on this site. Both are excellent and I know that if you can stick with this it'll be top notch. As always, good luck and bring on a rarely booked era.
    I loved my 2010 thread, it was my best booking. Wade Barrett as WWE Champion, the rise of Kofi Kingston, Cena vs. UNDERTAKER at Mania. Miz cashing in MITB on Taker to close Mania. I liked my 2015 thread less - wasn’t really feeling it towards the end but glad I got through Mania. Hopefully, this outshines both.

WORLD WRESTLING FEDERATION
    April 1993

--- CHAMPIONS ---

WWF INTERCONTINENTAL CHAMPION
    SHAWN MICHAELS

(defeated British Bulldog at Saturday Night’s Main Event, 27.10.92)

WWF TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS
    MONEY INCORPORATED

(defeated Natural Disasters on Wrestling Challenge, 13.10.92)

WWF CHAMPION
    HULK HOGAN

(defeated Yokozuna at WrestleMania IX, 4.4.93)

--- ROSTER ---

Bam Bam
    Bigelow
    Beau
    Beverly
    Blake
    Beverly
    Bob
    Backlund
    Bret “The
    Hitman” Hart
    Brooklyn
    Brawler
    Brutus “The
    Barber” Beefcake
    Butch
    Crush
    Damien
    Demento
    Doink
    the Clown
    Fatu
    Giant
    Gonzalez
    “Hacksaw”
    Jim Duggan
    Hulk
    Hogan
    I.R.S.
    Jerry “The
    King” Lawler*
    Kamala
    Koko
    B. Ware
    Luke
    Mabel
    “Macho Man”
    Randy Savage*
    Marty
    Janetty*
    “Million Dollar Man”
    Ted DiBiase
    Mo
    “The Model”
    Rick Martell*
    Mr. Perfect
    “The Narcissist”
    Lex Luger
    Papa
    Shango
    Razor
    Ramon
    Rick
    Steiner
    “The Rocket”
    Owen Hart
    Samu
    Scott
    Steiner
    Shawn
    Michaels
    Tatanka
    Tito
    Santana
    Typhoon*
    The Undertaker
    Virgil*
    Yokozuna
    -
    -
    -
    * currently inactive

--- TAG TEAMS ---

Beverly Brothers
    The Bushwhackers
    The Headshrinkers
    High Energy
    The Megamaniacs
    Men on a Mission
    Money Incorporated
    Steiner Brothers

--- UPCOMING PPV & SHOWS ---

KING OF THE RING
    Sunday June 13, 1993

SUMMERSLAM
    Sunday August 29, 1993

SATURDAY NIGHT’S MAIN EVENT
    Saturday October 9, 1993

SURVIVOR SERIES
    Wednesday November 24, 1993

Saturday January 1, 1994

ROYAL RUMBLE
    Sunday January 23, 1994

Saturday February 19, 1994

WRESTLEMANIA X
    Sunday March 20, 1994
    Last edited by GCB; 02-12-2018 at 09:24 AM.

Walking With Elias

Status
      Country                    Ireland

Been looking forward to this for a while. Good lord this section is stacked right now!

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    UK

Good luck with this one mate. Always been a fan of your work, as you know.

I’m not massively familiar with this time period but will definitely be along for the ride anyway for sure!

Black Mass

Status

This is a great time period to work with. The WWF was not exactly stimulating at this point so it should be a challenge to make it a little more compelling and hopefully gind some different stars to help elevate WWF over WCW. I think I'm most interesting in how you use Hogan here, what happens with his title and how his relationship with WWF holds up.

People's Champion

Status

Good luck amigo.

Hated how how this Mania ended with Hogan’s ego taking over after. Hopefully you make him drop the belt to Hart... it’s what the WWF needed!!

Just Justice

Status

Good luck with this mate I'm no familiar with the time period, but I know Hogan was a right arsehole, turning up in New Japan calling the WWF title a toy & shit like that, so it'll be good to see how you handle it

UWFi: Shooting From The Hip-BTB Section

Red n White Army!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Beast View Post
    Been looking forward to this for a while. Good lord this section is stacked right now!
    Thanks mate, means a lot. Been following your work for years - remember reading your BTB in the labour ward whilst waiting for GCB Junior six years ago - and it's something that inspires me to try and compete with the best in the section. Hope you enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by TWG View Post
    Good luck with this one mate. Always been a fan of your work, as you know.

I’m not massively familiar with this time period but will definitely be along for the ride anyway for sure!
    Always good to have you along for the ride. For amusement reasons, why not go online and watch WrestleMania 9? It's .... errr .... different.

(However, it is my first WrestleMania so it has nostalgia meaning to me. Back in 93, I thought it was amazing!)

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    This is a great time period to work with. The WWF was not exactly stimulating at this point so it should be a challenge to make it a little more compelling and hopefully gind some different stars to help elevate WWF over WCW. I think I'm most interesting in how you use Hogan here, what happens with his title and how his relationship with WWF holds up.
    The talent - even without some of the old timers - is ridiculous. So much potential and I've got to be careful not to push some GOAT-contenders (now) too fast, e.g Michaels, Razor, Taker, Diesel. Well, maybe not Diesel. I've also got to be careful not to replicate real life - one example will be Diesel not being with Shawn Michaels for example. With such a low bar to get it over, I think I'll have enough stimulation in there! Hogan has caused me headaches but I decided a plan and I've written it now. I use some real life details but I allow myself a little leeway with the exact timings as you will see.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Good luck amigo.

Hated how how this Mania ended with Hogan’s ego taking over after. Hopefully you make him drop the belt to Hart... it’s what the WWF needed!!
    Thanks mate. I hated the way it ended too - as a massive Bret Hart fan who still thought it was all real, I even knew there was something crap about the way things went down. You'll have to wait and see what happens with the WWF Championship though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackie Polo View Post
    Good luck with this mate I'm no familiar with the time period, but I know Hogan was a right arsehole, turning up in New Japan calling the WWF title a toy & shit like that, so it'll be good to see how you handle it
    Like I say, I have a plan for Hogan but I'm not that aware of the New Japan stuff so it hasn't been factored in. Hope you enjoy.

April 1993

PREDICTION CONTESTS

Welcome to GCB’s WWF 1993: The New Generation [ish] - I hope that you are going to stick around to read my take on the World Wrestling Federation in the mid 1990s. As many of you will already be aware, I like to make my BTBs as interactive as I possibly can so I am going to be holding an ongoing prediction contest for the first part of my BTB - this will cover three PPVs and two TV special events and scores will be aggregated over the five shows. The prediction contests will be posted at the end of the PPV/TV special countdown shows and the predictions will be posted in the BTB thread where I will pick them up. I'll decide a prize for the winner later down the line.

For the remainder of 1993, my plan is to simply post a countdown show (with prediction template) for each PPV or TV special, a summary of other news and rivalries in the WWF and then the PPV written in full. Once I reach the New Year’s Day TV special, I will then start writing TV as well - Monday Night RAW with snippets from other syndicated shows - in the run up to the Royal Rumble and then WrestleMania X. If you have any questions about anything, please ask - I am a little worried about posting the first eight months of my BTB in summary form so I will be happy to answer any questions. If I haven’t already got an answer, I will consider what the likely answer would have been.

Keep reading!

GCB

Red n White Army!

Status

The New Generation (ish)

TV & PPV ARCHIVE

WrestleMania IX Results
    Information - Roster, Champions, PPV/TV Schedule
    Introduction and Predictions

King of the Ring - Countdown Show
    King of the Ring - Other News
    King of the Ring - PPV

Summerslam - Countdown Show
    Summerslam - Other News
    Summerslam - PPV

Saturday Night's Main Event - Preview
    Saturday Night's Main Event - Other News
    Saturday Night's Main Event - TV Special

Survivor Series - Preview
    Survivor Series - Other News
    Survivor Series - PPV

New Year's Main Event - Preview
    New Year's Main Event - Other News
    New Year's Main Event - TV Special
    Last edited by GCB; 02-16-2018 at 04:19 AM.

Cthulhu Fhtagn

Status

Signed on to this one. It'll be interesting to see how you get WWF out of a pretty terrible year that was 1993.
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die..."

- Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

Red n White Army!

Status

King of the Ring Re: GCB's WWF: THE NEW GENERATION [ish]

Sunday June 13, 1993
    Dayton, Ohio

PPV COUNTDOWN SHOW

With the inaugural King of the Ring PPV just 30 minutes away, Todd Pettingill hosts the PPV countdown show where he identifies that viewers have just 30 minutes remaining to call their cable operator and book tonight’s PPV. Pettingill hypes up the King of the Ring tournament that will see eight of the World Wrestling Federation’s top stars competing to be crowned the prestigious King of the Ring, a huge accomplishment for any WWF superstar. As well as the seven matches - four Quarter Finals, two Semi Finals and the Final - scheduled for the King of the Ring, Pettingill also reminds the viewers that both the WWF Tag Team Championships of the Steiner Brothers and the WWF Championship of Hulk Hogan will also be on the line in one of the biggest nights in the history of the World Wrestling Federation. As Pettingill continues to urge the watching public to order the King of the Ring PPV, shots of the Nutter Center in Dayton are shown and we see the fans beginning to fill the seats; it’s going to be an amazing night of intense action here at the King of the Ring!

KING OF THE RING - QUARTER FINAL
    BRET “THE HITMAN” HART vs. GIANT GONZALEZ

After his disappointment at WrestleMania 9 - where he was controversially defeated by Royal Rumble winner, Yokozuna, thanks to huge assist from Mr. Fuji - Bret “The Hitman” Hart resolved himself to bounce back the only way he knows how: wrestling his way back into contention. In contrast to Yokozuna and Fuji’s reaction to WrestleMania setbacks, The Hitman would simply get back in the ring and target a King of the Ring victory that, all being well, would put him right back in contention for the WWF Championship he lost in Las Vegas. When President Jack Tunney announced the King of the Ring tournament, Bret - as well as Yokozuna - were given a ‘bye’ straight into the Quarter Finals and it seemed as if this would give the popular Hart an amazing opportunity. However, when the King of the Ring qualification matches unfolded and the brackets were drawn, Hart’s opponent in the Quarter Finals would be identified - and that man would be the gargantuan, Giant Gonzalez. After destroying Undertaker on an edition of Monday Night RAW, Gonzalez would be entered into the King of the Ring tournament by his manager, Harvey Wippelman, who would claim that his giant was about to destroy the entire WWF. In Round 1, Gonzalez would defeat a veteran of the WWF in Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake within three minutes - an impressive accomplishment - before facing up to the undefeated Native American, Tatanka, in Round 2. Whilst Tatanka would put up a better fight, Gonzalez would prove to be unstoppable as he would hit a Choke Slam and become the first man to score a pinfall victory over the Native American. With Beefcake and Tatanka already defeated and Undertaker vanquished, who can stop Gonzalez from dominating the King of the Ring? Can the tenacious Hitman somehow find a way to take the Giant down in their Quarter Final match?

CRUSH vs. DOINK THE CLOWN

Following their match at WrestleMania, it appeared that Doink the Clown - or Clowns, as it seemed to be - had finally gotten the upper hand over Crush after another attack with a loaded arm cast. For a few weeks after WrestleMania, doctors refused to clear the big Hawaiian to compete due to a concussion suffered when a second Doink had struck towards the end of their match at Caesar’s Palace. Meanwhile, Doink, incredibly happy with his actions in defeating Crush on the biggest stage, began playing his usual pranks in the King of the Ring tournament instead. After defeating “The Rocket” Owen Hart in Round 1, Doink mocked the fact that the brackets had him scheduled to compete against Crush once again in the Quarter Finals - but Crush was not fit to make it. However, to the delight of the fans, Crush would return just in time and would battle the odds to defeat the voodoo man, Papa Shango, and reach Round 2. Once again, Doink would qualify for the Quarter Finals using questionable tactics as he faced up against the proud American, “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan. As Duggan got on a roll and seemed set for victory, the second Doink appeared at ringside and, in the confusion this caused, would use the 2x4 to strike Duggan in the back and allow Doink a victory. With Doink’s place at the PPV secured, Crush was one victory away from getting his hands on the evil clown - but the massive Bam Bam Bigelow, the “Beast from the East” would be left standing in his path. On RAW, Bigelow would use his power and strength to throw Crush around like a rag doll, no mean feat, and seemed set for victory. However, a missed Diving Headbutt from Bigelow would allow Crush to hit a stiff superkick and put Bigelow down for the 3 count. Will Crush finally take revenge on the evil clown at King of the Ring? Or will Doink use his dastardly ways once again to triumph over the Hawaiian once more?

“MACHO MAN” RANDY SAVAGE vs. RAZOR RAMON

As soon as the King of the Ring tournament was announced, “Macho Man” Randy Savage described the honour of being recognised as the King to be a great one, labelled the tournament prestigious and hyped it up more than any other member of the announce team. Consigned to the announce desk, Savage clearly had the itch to get back in the ring and, when Jerry Lawler moaned about not being handed a bye like Bret Hart and Yokozuna, Savage finally cracked and demanded that he was given the chance to compete once again. In the end, President Tunney allowed “Macho Man” to make his return to the ring but his path to the King of the Ring PPV would not be an easy one. First up would be “The Narcissist” Lex Luger, unbeaten at this point and capable of connecting with his vicious forearm, backed by the big mouth of Bobby “The Brain” Heenan. After months of verbal jousting with Heenan, Savage would be taunted over and over and looked to have snapped as he looked to punch the Brain in the face; Luger would make the save and the emotional Round 1 match was building up big time. When Savage and Luger finally met on RAW, it looked as if Savage was on his way to victory as he ascended the ropes - but Heenan would shake the top rope and cause him to fall. Noticed by the referee, a disqualification was announced but Savage, the true professional, determined that he did not want to win that way. Another match was held the following week where Luger would look to strike with his forearm at every opportunity; this would lead to Luger stalking Savage as Bobby Heenan once again goaded the former WWF Champion. Although Luger would hit a forearm shot, a double countout would be the result and, with the crowd desperate for a victor, a steel cage match was organised on RAW to settle things once and for all. Inside the cage, with Heenan unable to involve himself in the match, Savage would finally fly off the top rope and connect with his Diving Elbow to Luger and then walk out of the cage for the victory and a place in Round 2.

For Razor Ramon, victory over Bob Backlund at WrestleMania highlighted him as a major player in the World Wrestling Federation and that would continue in the weeks leading to King of the Ring. Impressive victories for the “Bad Guy” over Tito Santana and then, for a second time, Bob Backlund meant that many fans were considering Ramon to be a danger in the tournament. With no shortage of confidence, Ramon, with a place in the Quarter Finals secured, taunted Savage and described him as an “old man” - and suggested he would come up short in his final qualifier with the WWF Intercontinental Champion, Shawn Michaels. Once again, Savage set out to prove his doubters wrong and a classic encounter with the Heart Break Kid on RAW ensued; the veteran experience of Macho would win through and his diving elbow would put away Michaels and earn him a spot in the Quarter Finals against the Bad Guy. Will Razor Ramon continue his impressive run in the WWF and take out another veteran? Or will the experience and determination of Savage prove invaluable during the intensity of the Quarter Final battle?

MR. PERFECT vs. YOKOZUNA

Like the aforementioned Bret “The Hitman” Hart, the last few moments of WrestleMania would prove to be a source of frustration for the 505-pound sumo wrestler from Japan, Yokozuna. After winning the 1993 Royal Rumble back in January, the behemoth would walk onto the big stage intent on using his power and size to simply squash the Hitman into surrender. And, though it didn’t work out quite as intended, a timely - and somewhat salty - assist from Mr. Fuji would allow Yokozuna to pin Hart’s shoulders to the mat for the 3 count and his first WWF Championship. However, this is where things began to sour as Yokozuna and Mr. Fuji challenged Hulk Hogan, angry at the way Hart had been defeated, to get in the ring right after the main event finished. In a shocking twist to close the show, Hogan avoided the salt, took down both Fuji and Yokozuna before dropping the big leg on the WWF Champion to end his reign at just three minutes. Obviously, this led to a great deal of anger from Fuji and his beast who claimed that there had never been a bell and therefore the title still rightfully belonged to Yokozuna. This was dismissed by President Tunney and, worst of all, no rematch was given to the sumo wrestler; instead, like Bret Hart, Yokozuna was simply handed a spot in the Quarter Finals of the King of the Ring and a huge opportunity to get a WWF Championship at Summerslam.

For Mr. Perfect, his road to King of the Ring involved two tough battles as he looked to put his own WrestleMania disappointment behind him. Controversially defeated by “The Narcissist” Lex Luger and then brutally attacked by WWF Intercontinental Champion Shawn Michaels, Perfect was in danger of losing focus as Round 1 approached. Drawn to face the self-proclaimed King of the WWF, Jerry Lawler, Perfect rallied even after a cheap shot from Michaels to hit the Perfect Plex and score the 3 count against the odds. Although his attention was still being drawn by the Intercontinental Champion, Perfect would then focus on “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase who, after being shocked by the 123 Kid on RAW, had vowed to quit the WWF should he fail to win the King of the Ring. After defeating the 123 Kid in a rematch in Round 1 of the King of the Ring, DiBiase headed into his bout against Perfect without his trusted partner, Irwin R. Schyster, who had been barred from ringside by President Tunney. In a classic battle, DiBiase locked on the Million Dollar Dream and looked to have defeated Perfect but somehow he made it to the ropes to break the hold. As the match continued, Perfect would execute a backslide on DiBiase and get a 3 count that would confirm his spot in the King of the Ring - and end DiBiase’s career as an active wrestler. Frustratingly for Perfect, Michaels has not made it to the tournament and their inevitable clash will not take place here tonight; however, that is the least of the Perfect One’s worries now as he faces up to the fact that he must face off against Yokozuna, a man who has only been pinned once and that was under controversial circumstances. Can Perfect stun the world and deny Yokozuna in the Quarter Finals? Or will the gargantuan steamroll over him and continue his march towards the WWF Championship once again?

Spoiler:

KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT - ROUND 1 RESULTS

Bam Bam Bigelow def. Kamala
    Bob Backlund def. Irwin R. Schyster
    Crush def. Papa Shango
    Doink the Clown def. “The Rocket” Owen Hart
    Giant Gonzalez def. Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake
    “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan def. “The Model” Rick Martel
    “Macho Man” Randy Savage def. “The Narcissist” Lex Luger
    “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase def. 123 Kid (after paying Koko B. Ware for his place)
    Mr. Perfect def. Jerry “The King” Lawler
    Razor Ramon def. El Matador
    Shawn Michaels def. Marty Janetty
    Tatanka def. Damien Demento

KING OF THE RING TOURNAMENT - ROUND 2 RESULTS

Crush def. Bam Bam Bigelow
    Doink the Clown def. “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan
    Giant Gonzalez def. Tatanka
    “Macho Man” Randy Savage def. Shawn Michaels
    Mr. Perfect def. “Million Dollar Man” Ted DiBiase
    Razor Ramon def. Bob Backlund

KING OF THE RING - SEMI FINALS & FINAL

With just eight men left competing in the King of the Ring tournament now, a total of 18 men already eliminated, the brackets for tonight’s tournament look like this:

Spoiler:

Following the Quarter Final matches that will kick off the King of the Ring PPV, we will see two Semi Final matches before the main event of the evening, the inaugural crowning of the King of the Ring here tonight in Dayton, Ohio. Many people are speculating that it is inevitable that we will see Giant Gonzalez and Yokozuna battling out come the end of the night but others predict that one of the other six talents will somehow find a way to overcome the power of the giant men and survive the night. With President Tunney’s announcement that the King of the Ring will head to Summerslam to face the WWF Champion, whoever that may be, the stakes are high for all eight men here tonight. Which man will emerge victorious in the first ever King of the Ring PPV tonight?

STEINER BROTHERS [c] vs. THE NEW FOUNDATION

For the WWF Tag Team Champions following WrestleMania (Money Incorporated), things unravelled fast during the month of April. After surviving the challenge of Hulk Hogan and Brutus “The Barber” Beefcake in Las Vegas, DiBiase and I.R.S. claimed they were unbeatable and would face anybody to prove it. The challenge was answered on RAW by the Steiner Brothers and, to the delight of the fans, the momentum of the brothers from Michigan proved vital as they defeated the champions, Scotty Steiner hitting the Frankensteiner to DiBiase for the 3 count. With an embarrassing loss to the 123 Kid, DiBiase would go on to see his career ended by Mr. Perfect and it would be the Steiner Brothers who would move on towards King of the Ring with the title belts around their waists. For another man, post WrestleMania would see big changes in his attitude as well. After being defeated in Round 1 of the King of the Ring by Doink the Clown, “The Rocket” Owen Hart was confronted by his brother-in-law, Jim “The Anvil” Neidhart, who told Owen to wake up to what was happening. Accusing Owen’s brother, Bret Hart, of patronising him and holding him down at every turn, Neidhart convinced Owen to join him and form The New Foundation where Owen would discover success at last. After a brutal beating of Owen’s former partner, Koko B. Ware, Neidhart and The Rocket would go on to prove an excellent team and they would defeat many big names in the Tag Team world to establish themselves as the clear #1 contenders heading into King of the Ring. Announced by Jack Tunney this weekend, Neidhart and Owen will challenge the Steiner Brothers tonight for the WWF Tag Team Championships. Will Neidhart lead Owen to his first ever gold here in the WWF? Or will the Steiners continue to ride the crest of the wave and defend their titles successfully in their first defence?

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP
    HULK HOGAN [c] vs. IRWIN R. SCHYSTER

After his humiliation at the hands of the 123 Kid and the ending of his in-ring career by Mr. Perfect, Ted DiBiase would re-establish his partnership with Irwin R. Schyster that had fractured briefly following their loss to the Steiner Brothers. Unable to compete with him as Money Incorporated, DiBiase would lead I.R.S. as he embarked on a dominant run as a singles competitor. DiBiase suggested that it had been the distraction of Hulkamania that had led to the downfall of Money Inc. and the following mess and vowed that I.R.S. would make Hogan pay on his return. Two weeks ahead of the King of the Ring, Hogan, who had been on a lengthy tour of Japan since winning the WWF Championship, returned to RAW and was immediately confronted by DiBiase who accused him of running scared from Bret Hart, Yokozuna and the two of them. He even suggested that Hogan was fearing Brutus Beefcake after he had deserted him following WrestleMania. Taking advantage of a lack of focus from Hogan, I.R.S. would crack his gold briefcase over the back of the Hulk and deliver a vicious beating that would leave the fans shocked. However, it fuelled Hogan’s need for revenge and he demanded that Schyster appear at the King of the Ring so he could teach him a lesson. With the very best lawyers that money can buy, a contract was signed but it would transpire that DiBiase had slipped in a very interesting clause: Hulk Hogan vs. I.R.S. would happen at the King of the Ring but with the WWF Championship on the line. Although the power of Hulkamania is well known to the entire world, he will be facing off against I.R.S. with the dangerous DiBiase in his corner; this could well be a real upset and could spell the end of Hogan’s latest WWF Championship run. Can I.R.S. capture the WWF Championship for the first time in his illustrious career? Or will Hogan triumph over the money men once again and head towards Summerslam and a date with the King of the Ring winner?

KING OF THE RING PREDICTION CONTEST

QUARTER FINALS

Bret “The Hitman” Hart vs Giant Gonzalez

Crush vs. Doink the Clown

“Macho Man” Randy Savage vs. Razor Ramon

Mr. Perfect vs. Yokozuna

SEMI FINALS

Which two men will win in the Semi Finals?

FINAL

Who will be crowned the 1993 King of the Ring?

Steiner Brothers [c] vs. New Foundation

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

Hulk Hogan [c] vs. Irwin R. Schyster

OTHER QUESTIONS

There will be a bonus match on the PPV card - which superstar(s) will make their WWF debut in this match?

Cthulhu Fhtagn

Status

QUARTER FINALS

Mr. Perfect vs. Yokozuna

SEMI FINALS

Bret Hart & Yokozuna

FINAL

Bret Hart

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

OTHER QUESTIONS

There will be a bonus match on the PPV card - which superstar(s) will make their WWF debut in this match?

I'm predicting Kevin Nash.
    "That is not dead which can eternal lie,
    And with strange aeons even death may die..."

- Howard Phillips Lovecraft

Ongoing Threads:

Grim's Other Threads:

Mid-Card Champion

Status

QUARTER FINALS

Bret “The Hitman” Hart vs. Giant Gonzalez
    Winner: Bret "The Hitman" Hart

Winner: Doink the Clown

Winner: Razor Ramon

Mr. Perfect vs. Yokozuna
    Winner: Yokozuna

SEMI FINALS
    Winners: Bret "The Hitman" Hart and Yokozuna

FINAL

Winners: Steiner Brothers

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP
    Winner: Hulk Hogan

OTHER QUESTIONS
    I hate to copy the sentiment above, but I definitely think it's gonna be Diesel/Kevin Nash as well lol

Definitely looking forward to this though. I think Bret gets his revenge back on Yokozuna

-Review 4 Review-

Spoiler:

#wc4horsemen

People's Champion

Status

QUARTER FINALS

Mr. Perfect vs. Yokozuna

SEMI FINALS

Bret Hart & Yokozuna

FINAL

Bret Hart as Hogan/Hart at Summerslam makes sense and needs to happen

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

OTHER QUESTIONS

The Smoking Gunns

Mid-Card Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post

OTHER QUESTIONS

The Smoking Gunns

Great point Syk man. I didn't think about the Smoking Gunns. Double J is another good choice

-Review 4 Review-

Spoiler:

#wc4horsemen

Black Mass

Status

QUARTER FINALS

Bret “The Hitman” Hart vs. Giant Gonzalez

Winner: Doink the Clown

Winner: Randy Savage

Mr. Perfect vs. Yokozuna
    Winner: Mr. Perfect

SEMI FINALS
    Winners: Hart and Savage

FINAL
    Winner: Hart

Winners: Steiner Brothers

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

OTHER QUESTIONS
    Fuck it I'll take The Quebecers

Just Justice

Status

QUARTER FINALS

Winner: Bret Hart

Winner: Doink The Clown

Winner: Randy Savage

Mr. Perfect vs. Yokozuna

SEMI FINALS

Bret Hart vs. Doink The Clown

Randy Savage vs. Yokozuna

FINAL

Bret Hart vs Yokozuna

Winner: The Steiner Brothers

WWF CHAMPIONSHIP

OTHER QUESTIONS

Ahhhh.......Diesel and/or the Quebecers.

UWFi: Shooting From The Hip-BTB Section

Thread Information