Thread: 2018 NCAA Baseball Discussion Thread

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    United States

2018 NCAA Baseball Discussion Thread

With the season starting Friday, I figure I may as well post a preview. This started as a letter to an imprisoned friend of mine, so please forgive me if I haven't eliminated all of the in jokes.

We’ll start with the biggest of the big boys: the SEC. (when you put 3 teams in the CWS including the two in the championship series, nobody else gets to lay claim to that position). Ole Miss is my pick to win it all (you can pick a dark horse when there are this many teams fighting at the top) with some big bats and perhaps growing pains with their starting pitchers. Texas A&M made it to Omaha last year and has that much more experience returning. LSU will have to replace the entire weekend rotation (2 have gone pro and the then freshman is out for the year). Florida won the whole thing last year, which means they have winners and it’s easier to recruit winners. Really, the hard part is picking which 2 teams will not make the tournament. Alabama is an obvious choice as they haven’t spent much time in Birmingham lately, but who is the other? Georgia rode a 8-3 run at the end of the season to slide in at #12, but I don’t think they’ll be so lucky this year. (Fun fact: Missouri lost their first game last year, won the next 20, and still was below .500 in conference play).

From here on, it will pretty much be random. The Ohio Valley Conference has a clear and heavy favorite in Tennessee Tech who had .767 conference % last year and was even more dominant in the conference tournament. The idea that they could be upset twice in the tournament and still have a chance at making a regional is the only reason I do not completely dismiss the OVC as a one bid conference.

The Ivy League would also be one move away from not being a one bid league, but their postseason consists of a 2 out of 3 game series, so there isn’t much question as to who will win. Yale dominated the conference posting a .800 in conference record and the second best team was 129 in the RPI.

The Pac 12 has Oregon St. And yet, the team that put together 2 20+ game winning streaks last year and finished with an overall 56-6 record (including the postseason) is not as clear cut a favorite as one may think. Not because they lose too much, to the contrary they lose 1 SP and 1 starting batter from last year, but because Stanford, who came in second in this conference last year, is this good and has improved this much. There are also perennial powerhouses in UCLA and Arizona who can take advantage of any mistake made by any opponent. After the top four come bubble teams. The Pac 12 has to go through four teams before the term “bubble” becomes appropriate. I feel a need to point out that this conference has no championship tournament, so there is no last minute win against a weaker seeded conference foe.

The America East Conference had a whopping 1 team with a winning overall record last year. That was Binghamton, who went 2 and out in the conference tournament. This is a one bid conference- whoever wins the tournament goes to the bigger tournament.

Hey, an actual transition. Don’t expect many of these. Stony Brook was contracted to play a series in Hattiesburg, but New York does not allow non-essential government travel to Mississippi. I am not making this up. Mississippi has a law that allows businesses to refuse service based on religious beliefs. USM will be playing a series at Stephen F. Austin, but is not happy about the lost revenue.

And to complete the transition: Conference USA! This is the only time you will see an exclamation point after that conference’s name. Southern Miss is the favorite to win it, but look at Rice. They finished 6th in the conference, but rode a 14-4 end of the season into an undefeated conference tournament (2 losses in the regional: to Southeastern and LSU). They were a young team who got it together. Old Dominion’s biggest problem was their bullpen. If they can get that together, they could be a conference contender as well as an at large contender. Florida Atlantic has 13 experienced pitchers this year and were not far from making a regional. They are a couple of good moves away from it now. Charlotte has some impressive JUCO transfers to add to a team that finished 60 in the RPI.

The Big 12 had 3 of the 6 toughest schedules last year. They also had 6 at large teams- but only 1, TCU, was in a super regional. I’m going to apply the same logic I did to the SEC and pick a dark horse: Texas. Between Texas Tech returning almost all of their pitchers and TCU being TCU, the fight will be on. It’s hard to talk about this conference without mentioning Steele Walker of Oklahoma. Baylor fell apart at the end of the year and still made a regional. They could duplicate this performance.

The Big East is no SEC, Big 12, or ACC, but there are a few teams to keep an eye on. Xavier has won the tournament 3 of the 4 years they’ve been in the conference, so it’s getting harder to call their last minute surges a fluke. St. John’s is a consensus top 20 team and made a regional as an at large. Butler had one of the biggest one year turnarounds in recent memory under a first year coach. If they can keep that momentum going, this could be a dark horse contender for an at large bid assuming they don’t take the conference tournament.

The Colonial (aaa). Sorry, the Colonial Ath (aww). I can’t even type it without yawning! The CAA is quite possibly the most obvious of one bid conferences. I guess to pick a winner, UNC-Wilmington, the perennial favorite. They came in second in the season and the tournament and they bring back 19 players, so they seem like the safest bet.

The Missouri Valley is a two pony race between Dallas Baptist and Missouri St. and why not? Between them they have won the last four conference tournaments and have the top 6 prospects in the conference (according to Baseball America).

The MAC is a one bid conference and the most obvious choice is Kent St who has won either the conference season or the conference tournament 11 of the last 12 years (still won their division that 12th year).

Wright St has won the Horizon League 3 of the last 4 years coming in second the remaining year. If anybody else wins the season or the tournament I’ll eat your hat. I assume you don’t have one with your current uniform.

The Sun Belt is a strange bird. 2 years ago, they had 2 teams in the NCAA Tournament, plus Coastal Carolina (then not a member) won the whole thing. Last year the conference champion was the only team in a regional. That team was this year’s favorite: South Alabama. Coastal Carolina won the regular season and had a top 60 RPI, but probably isn’t far from a return to the regional. The Ragin’ Cajuns also had a top 60 RPI last year and may have done better if weather had not made the conference tournament single-elimination, which made their 11 inning first round exit a nail in the coffin.

Baseball America calls the West Coast Conference favorite St. Mary’s and that’s understandable. In one player, they return a reliever who went 3-1 and a DH with a .313 batting average. The rest of the team is about as balanced. I’ll take BYU however, who is lacking on the pitching side, but scores consistently, which is vital in a conference with the pitchers that we’ve seen from the WCC lately. Don’t rule out San Diego, who may be young, but does return a pitcher who was on team USA last summer and allowed only a .067 OBA. They’ll have time to get it together, at least one day a weekend.

Let me tell you how low the Patriot League is. Navy was the top seed last year and the only team with an overall winning record. Their RPI was 201. Given the second sentence in this paragraph, I guess I have to go with the team that won the regular season 3 times straight: The Midshipmen.

The ACC favorite, according to Baseball America is Florida St. They finished 14-14 in the conference last year. The only thing more disappointing than their baseball team’s season performance was their football team’s performance. They have to compete with the likes of North Carolina, NC State, Maryland, Wake Forest and Louisville, all of which had a top 35 RPI last year. Miami appears to be on the rise and the players definitely want to win one for their retiring coach. one can never count out Virginia given what we’ve seen from them in the past, so the ACC might be as much fun as it’s ever been. Using the same logic that I used for the Big 12 and SEC ummmmmmm… Louisville?

The Southern Conference might not be a one bid league this year. Since Mercer joined the conference 3 years ago, they have won the season each time, so they remain the favorites to do so, but UNC Greensboro, playing an unusually tough nonconference schedule could be a dark horse contender for an at large bid if they fail to win the tournament.

Bryant has won the Northeastern Conference season for the last 4 years, since they joined from Division II. They’ve got arguably the best batter and arguably the best pitcher in the conference so there is little reason to believe this will change.

There is no shortage of talented teams in the American Athletic Conference. Houston and Central Florida are favorites to win, but one can not count out South Florida or UConn. Also, I am
    very interested in how Xavier will adjust to this conference. There’s also East Carolina, who was expected to make the CWS last year, but was not so much bit by the injury bug as mauled by it.

Now for the WAC. Grand Canyon University just moved up to D1 and are the favorites to win the WAC, having won last year, but being ineligible for postseason play. New Mexico St is a close second as they finished last year, so this one bid league will be a two team race.

Each of the Atlantic Sun’s top 3 2018 draft prospects is an RHP from Stetson. It shouldn’t take you two guesses for this one bid league.

The Big West has its usual suspects at the top: Cal State Fullerton and Long Beach State (nickname: Dirtbags, this never gets old). Since my dime landed on tails, I will take the latter.

The Metro Atlantic Athletic Conference, or MAAC, is difficult to pick because they’re all pretty unimpressive. I guess I’ll go with St. Peter’s. Just kidding! They went 0-38 last year and are probably missing the tournament this year too. I’ll take Canisius who have a great lineup (relative to the rest of the conference) and a decent pitching staff (again, relative).

Oral Roberts is again the favorites in the Summit, having won the conference every year since 1998 except those two years they decided a move to the Southland was a good idea. If anybody will dethrone them, South Dakota St is the prime candidate, but this probably won’t be their year.

The Big 10 put 5 teams into regionals last year. 0 were hosts and the same number made it to super regionals. Nebraska is a slight favorite after winning last year’s season championship. Maryland had a good season last year, but they will be one of the most experienced teams in the country, so they could be a sleeper pick for the College World Series. Iowa rode a strong finish into a regional and might be able to recreate that run. Michigan lost a lot of players to the draft and graduation. Minnesota came just short of winning the conference (1GB), winning the tournament (2 games in the semis and lost the 2nd in extra innings), and making a regional (RPI:68). They might be able to finish it all this year and go back to a regional.

The Big South is a one bid conference. Winthrop was the season winner last year and returns 80% of their innings pitched and 2 of the best hitters in the conference. It’s hard to guess who could take them down.

In the Atlantic 10, Davidson pulled off a string of upsets to win the conference championship and went as far as the College Station Super Regional. That being said, Virginia Commonwealth and Rhode Island remain the teams to beat. As much as VCU lost, St. Bonaventure and Rhode Island lost as much and they have talent as well as time to get everything together before the conference games begin.

The SWAC will have co-champions in Grambling St and Southern. But enough about the bands… Alabama St has either won or come in second in the East Division, easily the better of the two, since 2013 including an undefeated conference record in 2016. They’ve got a few holes in SP, but they can fill those with JUCO transfers.

The Mountain West will probably be a 3 pony race, but a one bid conference. Fresno St was the 3rd of four seeds in the conference tournament last year and loses 9 players, but does keep some top players up the middle (C,CF, and SS). New Mexico edged out San Diego St for the season championship last year and returns preseason CPOY, but loses the next four top hitters. I’m picking San Diego St who returns a pitcher with 1.46 ERA and looks particularly strong in the middle of the infield.

Out of 19 conference tournaments in MEAC history, 16 have been won by Bethune-Cookman; I’m not much for picking the winner of a tournament that hasn’t been announced, but that’s a heck of a track record. They lose their head coach, but promoted an assistant who has been there just as long, so I think the new guy will know a thing or two about these players.

And finally, the Southland Conference. Sam Houston is the favorite according to anybody who has looked at the conference and has a pulse. This conference has one team that has been to the NCAA tournament for the past 3 years: some guys in Hammond! The Lions do have the reigning Southland Player of the Year coming back (true story: 27th RPI and 39th Strength of Schedule). They also bring back 2 starting pitchers and the 2016 reliever of the year who missed most of last year due to injury.

And because I believe if you're gonna go, you've got to go all out, here’s how I see the field of 64 shaping up. The first line is the national seeds. The second line is the other regional hosts. The remainder are in no order at all.

Oregon St Florida Texas Tech Florida St Arkansas North Carolina Kentucky TCU
    Long Beach St Louisville Cal St Fullerton Indiana Vanderbilt Miss. St Oklahoma Stanford
    Kent St Texas A&M Oral Roberts UCF Rice Sam Houston Yale Virginia
    VCU Southern Miss Mercer Wright St Dallas Baptist LSU Canisius Maryland
    Miami Bing Houston Nebraska San Diego St Iowa Bryant Wake Forest
    Alabama St Stetson UConn Missouri St St. Mary's South Alabama Tennessee Tech Washington
    Grand Canyon UNC-Wilmington Xavier Texas SLU Lions Auburn Navy U La La
    BYU Winthrop Arizona St Bethune-Cookman NC State St. John's UCLA Florida Atlantic

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. Here's to an exciting season.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Re: 2018 NCAA Baseball Discussion Thread

Is Tulane good?

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The Golden One View Post
    Is Tulane good?
    They were not bad last year. They had a losing record, but they had a tough schedule. I'd put them in the top third, but out of 299 teams, the top third doesn't necessarily put you in the playoffs. It's hard to pick Tulane specifically, because they lost most of their at bats and 2 starting pitchers. But in a conference in which everybody makes the championship tournament, anything is possible.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Here is how D1Baseball.com's top 25 fared this past weekend.

Rank Team Last week Results
    1 Florida 3-0 Siena: W 7-1, 10-2, W 19-2
    2 Oregon State 3-0 New Mexico W 5-2, Gonzaga W 4-3, Cal Poly W 16-7
    3 Texas Tech 4-0 Maine: W 4-2, W 12-1, W 12-5, W 21-6
    4 Arkansas 3-0 Bucknell: W 14-2, W 32-4, W 3-1
    5 Florida State 3-0 Xavier: W 11-1, W 7-2, W 5-1
    6 North Carolina 2-1 at South Florida: L 4-3, W 12-5, W 9-8
    7 TCU 2-1 at Grand Canyon: W 3-2, W 14-6, L 9-8
    8 Kentucky 4-0 Wofford W 6-1, USC Upstate W 6-5, W 10-3, Evansville W 8-4
    9 Ole Miss 3-0 Winthrop: W 7-3, W 8-1, W 3-1
    10 Texas A&M 3-0 Rhode Island: W 4-1, W 4-3, W 10-2
    11 UCLA 3-0 Portland: W 7-2, W 13-0, W 15-3
    12 Mississippi State 0-3 at Southern Miss: L 11-0, L 7-4, L 5-2
    13 Stanford 3-0 CS Fullerton: W 5-1, W 5-3, W 6-5
    14 Vanderbilt 2-1 Duke: W 9-1, L 5-4, W 9-1
    15 Louisville 3-0 Richmond W 4-3, The Citadel W 8-3, George Mason W 15-8
    16 LSU 1-2 Notre Dame: W 7-6, L 10-5, L 11-3
    17 CS Fullerton 0-3 at Stanford: L 5-1, L 5-3, L 6-5
    18 Dallas Baptist 3-0 Monmouth: W 7-4, W 5-3, W 15-4
    19 Virginia 2-1 UCF L 6-3, Samford W 10-4, Rice W 3-0
    20 South Alabama 3-1 Kansas State W 12-5, Oklahoma W 6-5, Virginia Tech W 7-5, Indiana L 8-4
    21 Texas 2-1 Louisiana: W 3-0, W 5-3, L 2-1
    22 West Virginia 1-2 at Jacksonville: W 5-4, L 7-4, L 2-1
    23 Indiana 2-1 Oklahoma L 6-3, Kansas State W 5-0, South Alabama W 8-4
    24 Houston 2-1 Holy Cross: L 3-2, W 7-1, W 3-2
    25 Duke 1-2 at Vanderbilt: L 9-1, W 5-4, L 9-1

And a few notes:
    LSU has the same problem that their football team had: they keep spotting their opponents 6 before they do anything.

There are some players that will go 4 years without two grand slams. Then there's Jake Brodt of Santa Clara, who hit two grand slams in the same inning on Saturday. SCU lost 2 of their 3 games hosting Boston College.

Early season specials are always fun as some of the biggest names will play each other in one non-conference game at a neutral site, even if they are not ranked. Coastal Carolina pulled off wins against Oklahoma, Virginia Tech, and Kansas St, though they lost their Monday game against Indiana.

Striving for a B+ in life

Status

Tulane beat Wright State two out of three. Championship dreams!

"The Golden One" Devin Golden

3x FWA World Heavyweight Champion
    2x FWA X Champion
    4x FWA Tag Team Champion
    Final record: 94-58-10

Shannon O'Neal
    2x FWA Women's Champion
    1x FWA World Champion

Curtain Jerker

Status

New Mexico St 39-0 Mississippi Valley St. That's an ass kicking in any sport, except cricket, but good luck holding a cricket opponent to 39.

North Dakota St beat Central Connecticut. Riley Johnson record the season's first CG no hitter and if not for a walk, would have had a perfect game.
    EDIT: The Bison also committed an error.

Andy Cannizaro has resigned as head coach of Mississippi St due to getting caught with a worker in the athletics department. Golden Boy, that is your Tulane story; their graduates can't help getting caught.
    Last edited by Easy Joe; 02-25-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Since 1958, there have been only 27 perfect games in D1 baseball. #27 was on Saturday performed by Joe DeMeers of Washington. And moving on from there... here's how the top 25 fared.

Rank Team Record Last week Results
    1 Florida 7-1 4-1 FAU W 6-1, Bethune-Cookman W 7-4, at Miami: W 7-3, W 8-2, L 2-0
    2 Oregon State 8-0 5-0 New Mexico W 15-3, Nebraska: W 9-1, W 10-3, Ohio State: W 10-8, W 6-1
    3 Texas Tech 7-0 3-0 New Mexico State W 12-0, at UTSA: W 5-0, W 3-0
    4 Arkansas 5-2 2-2 Arizona W 1-0, Cal Poly L 4-3, San Diego State W 5-2, San Diego L 7-6
    5 Florida State 7-0 4-0 South Florida W 5-2, Troy: W 7-3, W 6-5, W 9-4
    6 North Carolina 3-5 1-4 UNC Wilmington L 5-4, St. John's L 5-2, East Carolina: L 2-1, W 5-4, L 12-0
    7 TCU 4-2 2-1 Long Beach State: L 3-2, W 8-3, W 5-2
    8 Kentucky 7-1 3-1 Xavier L 3-2, Oakland: W 10-1, W 17-6, W 15-6
    9 Ole Miss 7-0 4-0 Memphis W 8-6, Tulane: W 5-4, W 9-1, W 6-3
    10 Texas A&M 7-0 4-0 SFA W 11-4, Cornell: W 3-21, W 22-0, W 8-2
    11 UCLA 6-1 3-1 Pepperdine W 2-1, Baylor: W 5-2, L 8-6, W 3-0
    12 Stanford 8-0 5-0 UC Davis W 3-2, Rice: W 7-2, W 6-2, W 7-4, W 2-0
    13 Vanderbilt 7-1 5-0 Presbyterian: W 7-1, W 15-2, Umass-Lowell: W 15-0, W 15-2, W 9-2
    14 Louisville 7-0 4-0 Eastern Kentucky W 4-2, Youngstown St.: W 11-0, W 8-1, W 12-2
    15 Southern Miss 5-2 2-2 at South Alabama: L 10-9, UT-Martin: W 16-2, W 13-4, L 13-10
    16 Dallas Baptist 3-3 0-3 at Clemson: L 12-1, L 9-1, L 3-2
    17 Virginia 4-3 2-2 VMI L 9-4, Eastern Kentucky: L 7-6, W 12-3, W 13-1
    18 South Alabama 7-1 4-0 Southern Miss W 10-9, Hartford: W 17-1, W 6-3, W 9-3
    19 Texas 4-3 2-2 Lamar W 7-2, at LSU: L 13-4, L 10-5, W 11-1
    20 Indiana 6-1 4-0 Coastal Carolina W 6-5, Rutgers W 7-6, Boston College W 4-0, Chicago State W 7-2
    21 Mississippi State 3-4 3-1 at Jackson State W 12-1, UCSB W 7-4, Nicholls State W 14-4, Texas A&M CC L 6-3
    22 CS Fullerton 1-6 1-3 Nevada L 2-0, Houston: W 2-1, L 9-4, L 10-5
    23 LSU 4-3 3-1 New Orleans W 14-6, Texas: W 13-4, W 10-5, L 11-1
    24 Houston 4-2 2-1 at Cal State Fullerton: L 2-1, W 9-4, W 10-5
    25 Clemson 7-0 4-0 Furman W 12-4, Dallas Baptist: W 12-1, W 9-1, W 3-2

Also on Saturday, LSU's Beau Jordan decided to flip the bird to the pitcher as he ran to first base. The team rallied to a lead after his ejection. I'm going to be putting up with "Rally finger" all year. "Rally possum" was bad enough and that started at the end of the season.
    Last edited by Easy Joe; 02-26-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Curtain Jerker

Status

I'll post more at another time, but I'd like to talk about these early season classic events. You can call them a tournament or a classic, but the idea is that more than two teams will be in one stadium. There are two formats: 4 team and 6 team. In the 4 team classic (example: this weekend at Alex Box Stadium in Baton Rouge, LA) 4 teams from different conferences will play round robin over the course of 3 days, often at one team's stadium. The 6 team format usually involves 2 conferences (example: The Dairy Queen Classic this weekend in Minneapolis, MN [AKA the Big 10-Pac 12 Challenge]) with each team playing the three opponents from another conference. This format is slightly more likely to be in a neutral site.

Curtain Jerker

Status

Rank Team Record Last week Results
    1 Florida 12-1 5-0 North Florida: W 4-0, W 8-3, Stony Brook: W 12-5, W 8-0, W 3-1
    2 Oregon State 12-0 4-0 Hartford: W 3-2, 5-0, W 5-4, W 5-0
    3 Texas Tech 13-0 5-0 UT RGV W 3-1, South Alabama: W 8-1, W 14-2, W 5-2, W 9-7
    4 Florida State 11-0 4-0 Jacksonville W 4-0, UNC Asheville: W 9-2, W 4-3, W 4-2
    5 Arkansas 9-3 4-1 Dayton: W 18-1, W 11-0, USC: W 4-0, L 3-1, W 7-6
    6 TCU 7-3 3-1 UT Arlington W 14-1, UC Irvine: W 4-3, W 6-2, L 15-2
    7 Kentucky 11-1 4-0 Western Kentucky W 4-3, Houston W 14-2, Sam Houston State W 7-2, Louisiana W 10-4
    8 Stanford 11-1 3-1 Michigan: W 7-0, W 3-2, L 5-0, W 7-4
    9 Ole Miss 10-1 3-1 Murray State W 7-6, at Long Beach State: L 4-3, W 4-3, W 12-1
    10 Texas A&M 11-1 4-1 Houston Baptist W 7-1, Incarnate Word W 9-7, La. Tech L 4-2, Baylor W 5-4, California W 9-5
    11 UCLA 9-2 3-1 at CS Fullerton W 12-2, Illinois L 5-3, Michigan State W 4-1, Minnesota W 6-1
    12 Vanderbilt 10-3 2-2 Indiana St W 8-5, Sam Houston St L 7-6, Louisiana 3-0, Houston W 9-4
    13 Louisville 11-0 4-0 Xavier W 6-4, Western Carolina: W 16-4, W 8-7, W 3-2
    14 Clemson 10-1 3-1 Winthrop W 9-8, South Carolina: L 3-2, W 5-1, W 8-7
    15 South Alabama 7-6 0-5 Auburn L 7-6, at Texas Tech: L 8-1, L 14-2, L 5-2, L 9-7
    16 Southern Miss 8-3 3-1 at New Orleans W 9-7, Eastern Michigan W 9-4, Ohio State L 9-6, Nicholls W 20-4
    17 Indiana 9-2 3-1 at San Diego: W 10-4, L 6-5, W 6-5, W 8-4
    18 East Carolina 8-3 2-2 Old Dominion W 10-3, Pepperdine L 12-2, Missouri State L 7-4, Saint Joseph's W 9-0
    19 Virginia 8-4 4-1 VMI W 10-9, William & Mary W 4-3, Yale: W 5-4, L 11-4, W 7-6
    20 North Carolina 7-5 4-0 High Point W 10-0, Liberty: W 17-2, W 6-5, W 13-8
    21 Mississippi State 6-5 3-1 at McNeese L 6-3, Louisiana W 3-1, Houston W 3-2, Sam Houston State W 4-1
    22 LSU 8-4 4-1 Grambling W 10-3, Southeastern La. L 5-4, W 4-2, Toledo W 8-1, Sacred Heart W 7-0
    23 Texas 8-4 4-1 UTSA W 2-0, Northwestern: L 6-2, W 10-7, W 16-3, W 12-1
    24 Houston 5-5 1-3 Texas Southern W 4-3, Kentucky L 14-2, Mississippi St L 3-2, Vanderbilt L 9-4
    25 Dallas Baptist 6-4 3-1 Oklahoma W 5-2, Air Force: W 11-3, W 7-1, L 6-0

The Mountain West has started conference play, except for Air Force. They have an odd number of teams, so somebody plays a nonconference opponent or no opponent each weekend. The SWAC has also started conference play. The teams will play a series against each team in their division twice and a series against one team from the other division.

It is the nature of the game for teams to win and lose games against teams they are generally better or worse than, so here is a list of cheers and jeers: teams that are still undefeated at this point and those that have yet to win.

Undefeated
    Louisville 11-0
    Florida St 11-0
    Texas Tech 13-0
    Oregon St 12-0
    Auburn 12-0

Yet to win
    Georgetown 0-9
    Princeton 0-4
    Cornell 0-6
    St. Peter's 0-3
    Siena 0-11
    Norfolk St 0-9
    Farleigh Dickenson 0-3
    Utah 0-10
    Western Illinois 0-9

Curtain Jerker

Status

If anybody is reading this, let me know. There's no point in doing this if nobody else is reading.

THEY COULD'VE BEEN GODS~!!!

Status

Well Joe. I can only explain this the best way I can without upsetting you, but it's hard to have a discussion when it comes to college baseball. I very rarely watch the sport to be honest, because one: I'm just not into college baseball as a whole.. Two, I don't have the SEC Network. And three, you won't find many people that are into college baseball. Continue to do what you feel man and hopefully you'll have a good discussion on the sport with some people. No one's stopping you for what you like and want to discuss man.
    Last edited by Lord Drakkon; 03-12-2018 at 06:33 PM.

LEAGUE CHAMPIONSHIP ACCOMPLISHMENTS
    FANTASY BASEBALL: 2014 | FANTASY FOOTBALL: 2016 | FANTASY BASKETBALL: 2017-18

Thread Information