Thread: Match Writing

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Match Writing

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who steps up each and every week to contribute to match writing. They al deserve a shout-out, because without them, the workload of the booking team weighs so much more heavily on our shoulders. We've got a good system and I know that I have a solid core of people that I can count on if anything happens to get things done in a pinch. Our match writing team of TGO, Shake, Jimmy King, Wolf, Jiggy, AON and myself have really been working hard to make sure that shows go up on time and that is so greatly appreciated.

There are a couple of small requests that I'd like to make, regarding future match-writing procedures, and bear in mind, this is more to help me keep track of things and keep there from being any miscommunications/hiccups than anything else.

1) Each week when the card is posted, I'm going to ask in the thread if anyone wants to take a particular match. I now have the power to edit other people's posts in the forum, so when you do I will tag your name beside the match. That's to keep me from getting match writers confused if I'm not at home and don't have my notepad with me and it's easier than searching through 8 conversations to see who I told to do what. If I PM you a match and assign it to you, same thing. I'll tag your name net to the match once you tell me you can do it.

2) In the interest of getting shows up on time, if you accept to write a match, the deadline (like promo deadline) is going to be NO LATER than 3 days past the initial promo deadline (not the extension, the promo deadline). Things happen, Im well aware, but once we hit the promo deadline, I'll send out reminder PMs. If you feel that you've got a busy few days ahead and can't write a match you agreed to, that's perfectly fine. Things happen. Just let me know so I can either do it or if see if someone else is available.

3) Most of you do this already, and it's not a huge deal if you don't, but formatting matches is always helpful.

4) How you choose to write matches is up to you. I'll try to let you know if we want a certain wrestler to look a certain way in the match or if there's anything you need to know. Just know that if there's something owe need to change because of storyline reasons/it doesn't fit the character/ whatever, there may be a change made. It's nothing against you. I may nforget to tell you something, we may decide something at the last minute...who knows. Just please try not to be offended. Also, you can write matches however you want as long as you meet deadline. Long matches, bulletpoint matches, etc. Don't care. If you can get em done, knock yourself out.

5) We need to write the finishes. I know everyone loves to write the finishes, but for grading and booking purposes, that has to come from us unless A) It's a jobber match or B) Promo deadline is up and one guy didn't show up. Any other time, you can write two alternate finishes for each choice if you want, but the finishes need to come from us.

So yeah, those are just a few ground rules, nothing major. Honestly, this is the most help we've ever had from a team of FWAers and don't think that goes un-noticed. You guys are truly amazing. And oh, just because I have these guys that I lean on for matches, I'd like to give the newer guys a chance to develop match writing skills too, so to the Graves and Stars and Grubers of the world, don't be afraid! It's easier than you think!

Thanks again, peeps.

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

Re: Match Writing

Writting a match without finish is boring for me. I can always turn in the match 4 hours after I get the winner
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

How about writing alternate endings? Again, I get that feeling, as I was the same way. I completely understand it.

Circle Jerker

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

i have an alibi to add: for everyone submitting matches through WCs PM system, please sumit your writeups with Tahoma font, size 2. its actually helps alot during the fusion process. thanks!
    Last edited by KAIZEN; 02-10-2018 at 02:17 PM.

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

I can write an ending and if the result will be different in the end you will just change the ending. Can we do it this way?

I can do the Tahoma font size 2. I just can't color commentators correctly, because I am color blind and too lazy to check the colors you are using.
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

The Mayor of Slamtown

Status

Im good with that, bruh. No worries!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by KAIZEN View Post
    i have an alibi to add: for everyone submitting matches through WCs PM system, please sumit your writeups with Tahoma font, size 2. its actually helps alot during the fusion process. thanks!
    No bihhh. Comic Sans size 5

-
    "I'm not an Avenger. I'm not Thor. Or Cap. Or Peter. I'm just a kid in a mask. Doing the best I can. But I'll never give up on the world. Or this city. Or anyone that needs me. I'm Miles Morales. And I'm Spider-Man."

Thread Information