Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: WWE Fastlane 2018 Discussion

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Re: WWE Fastlane 2018 Discussion

If they're going to run a cash in at 'Mania it seems more likely that they'd have Carmella lose to Asuka after she's beaten Charlotte. Asuka winning twice in one night puts her over even more (if that's even possible) and gets them out of the corner they seem to have painted themselves into with Carmella winning the MitB briefcase.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Re: WWE Fastlane 2018 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    The Orton/Roode hype video was really good, but match didn't do a whole bunch for me, and I really don't see the point in going with Jinder for a triple threat. I can't help but feel like they should of done the triple threat on Fastlane or maybe just straight up Mahal/Roode and then you can return to Roode/Orton and Randy's quest to become a grand slam champion at mania because I don't think they can top that for a story, especially not with Roode/Orton/Jinder.
    I'm assuming (and I could absolutely be wrong) that the idea here is that no one is buying WrestleMania for these under-card matches, but having Orton go in as US champion and dropping the title to Roode or (let's face it, more likely) Jinder makes that guy look better because while the hardcore fan base isn't getting conned so easily, the casuals will see a guy they know in Orton getting beaten by someone they're less familiar with and that might interest them enough to keep tabs on the guy if the show is good enough to warrant some investment post-Mania.

WWE's biggest problem though is that they always fumble what comes after WrestleMania, it's always kinda safe and bland and very rarely worth sticking around for if you're not like us and constantly invested in the genre.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    If they're going to run a cash in at 'Mania it seems more likely that they'd have Carmella lose to Asuka after she's beaten Charlotte. Asuka winning twice in one night puts her over even more (if that's even possible) and gets them out of the corner they seem to have painted themselves into with Carmella winning the MitB briefcase.
    It's sets a sad example for the women's division really; the first ever women's Money in the Bank match was won by a man and the first ever cash-in fails because the woman with briefcase can't win anything without the help of a man by her side.

Thread Information