Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The Wrestlemania Weekend Catch All Thread 2018

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

Re: The Wrestlemania Weekend Catch All Thread 2018

Zack Sabre Jr vs Munenori Sawa was everything I expected it to be. A great exhibition between two very good wrestlers. Sabare really had a great performance in his last Evolve match. Sawa was much better here. Great stuff.

Keith Lee vs Daisuke Sekimoto was a another really good match. As you can imagine, both just pounded on each other which led to a really enjoyable match. Wanted a bit more from the match though

Will Ospreay vs Matt Riddle was awesome. They worked Ospreay injuries into the match really well and it made Riddle look like a killer. Good start to Matt Riddle’s reign so far.

Ratings (Best To Worst):
    Ospreay vs Riddle: ****
    Sawa vs ZSJ: ****
    Sekimoto vs Lee: ***¾

Still got to watch Spring Break, Crash, ROH and the Shimmer Show. Might try and watch Shimmer today and the rest tomorrow. Pretty good weekend show far.
    Spoiler:

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Ospreay versus Riddle night have been my favorite Ospreay match of all time. That was so fucking good. Riddle look poised to murder and was just so interesting thoughout the match. Really, really good stuff. Sawa/ZSJ pretty good. Sekimoto/Lee good but also a little disappointing.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status
      Country                    England

I really doubt anyone enjoyed themselves more this last week than Daisuke Sekimoto.

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status

So I've now watched pretty much everything I wanted to see from this week except Progress who have been made to feel pretty bush league by smaller promotions who either streamed live or got their VOD up quickly. I'll probably just check out Walter Vs ZSJ when it comes out and that's about it.

I think hats off to Matt Riddle who was probably the MVP of the weekend working a loads of matches with the most variety, but Ospreay, Sabre Jr and Walter also proved their worth as wrestler of the year contenders.

If we take Takeover out of the equation because it's boring at this point to say they had the best show, the 2nd best show was probably Mercury Rising followed not too far behind by the Rev Pro show. Worst show by far for me was Supercard of Honor that went almost 5 hours and had an awful double main event.

I'm on the lower end of the Spring Break love in. Yes it's a show to not overanalyse but that clusterfuck was full of horrible comedy and horrible wrestlers, Nick Gage Vs Pentagon Jr was pretty shitty, the Ellsworth no chin jokes got old fast and Sasuke/Janela went waaaaay too long. Quack Vs Starr was good (but felt out of touch with the rest of the show) and Walter/PCO was very good.

[Rock Me Amadeus]

Status
      Country                    Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    So I've now watched pretty much everything I wanted to see from this week except Progress who have been made to feel pretty bush league by smaller promotions who either streamed live or got their VOD up quickly. I'll probably just check out Walter Vs ZSJ when it comes out and that's about it.
    Not to immediately jump to their defence, but a lot of the staff/talent are still out of the country due to the upcoming joint Australia shows. Hard to be bush league when you're running back to back international shows.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I'm off to London again, this time on two wheels. See here for more & to donate see below.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Plus it’s good they have the benefit of doing a short delay/edit before uploading because it means they’re one of the few promotions that didn’t have to listen to complaints about how primitive their live stream service is during Wrestlemania weekend.

Haven’t watched the Rev Pro show yet. Mercury Rising was perhaps the best wrestling show that’s not Takeover for me. Supercard had no reason to be so long and the last two matches hurt, but I didn’t think the undercard was too bad. The women got boned bad though.

The commentary and the comedy attempts did really hurt Spring Break 2. Make them inaudible like last year
    Last edited by Spanish Nicky; 04-16-2018 at 04:55 PM.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Jobber

Status

PROGRESS has a lot of bad points as of late but in terms of streaming service and quality of video output, there's not many better out there. They make sure it's right before getting their shows out there and as a fan, that's what I want, not a 24 hour turnaround that is really rough around the edges.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    Peru

Finally watched the Progresss shows. Both mix bags.

~ PROGRESS Chapter 66: Mardi Graps 06/04 ~

The Grizzled Young Yets vs Mustache Mountain
    The opener was pretty good. Lots of fun with Zack Gibson being Zack Gibson and Moustache Mountain being awesome. When the crowd did the “If you hate……..stand up” chant, I couldn't stop smiling. ***¼

Mark Haskins vs Will Ospreay:

Haskins vs Ospreay was a banger. They had some nice looking sequences including one where Ospreay did a somersault from the corner and Haskins caught him with an armbar. Awesome Haskins targeting on Ospreay’s are way great, loved how aggressive Haskins was. However, Ospreay’s didn’t really sell the arm for most of the match outside of his screaming. Shame. ***½

David Starr & Keith Lee vs. Ringkampf

This was another good match. Stiff, physical, and enjoyable. Nice surprise that Keith Lee was the partner. Flat ending though which is a shame but good match nonetheless. ***

The Thunderbastard Match

Well, that Thunderbastard was so dull. Nothing memorable happened. It dragged so much which normally isn’t the case with Thunderbastard matches. Even the below standard Thunderbastard matches are good. Bad match. The worst one yet. *

Jinny & Mercedes Martinez vs. Shazza McKenzie & Toni Storm

This was another dull, lifeless match. Nothing to this. This is where a better crowd (meaning the one from earlier) would’ve helped. **

Matt Riddle vs Jimmy Havoc

Riddle vs Havoc was a nicely worked match. Some nasty stuff by Havoc done to Riddle’s foot. **¾

Mark Andrews vs. Morgan Webster vs. Pete Dunne

Fuck this crowd. You sing a place that’s not quite home properly NOW. Mark Andrews vs. Morgan Webster vs. Pete Dunne was a pretty good Triple Threat. ***

Travis Banks vs Shane Strickland:

Man, Banks vs Strickland DRAGGED. Yet another dull and lifeless match. The crowd was so quiet. Pretty sure the podcast I was listening to was louder. Bad night for both. **¼

This show was so hit and miss. The crowd was great until the Thunderbastard then they died. Nothing from them and it harmed the show. The wrestling from then on wasn’t great, some was so boring, some was decent. Hit and miss show.

~ PROGRESS Chapter 67: Bourbon Is Also A Biscuit 07/04 ~

Chris Brookes vs. Rey Horus:

This was a fun opener which pops the crowd and did its job really well. ***

Toni Storm vs. Mercedes Martinez:

This was okay. Had some okay moments. Liked Storm's continuity with her arm work but that's really it. All for good mat work but make it interesting. This was very slow and boring at times. The crowd seemed into it though. **¼

Austin Theory & Jinny vs. Kay Lee Ray & Will Ospreay:

Interesting enough for what it was. Would've preferred KLR vs Jinny myself but they have to get Ospreay on the card so I'm fine. The best parts was the women sections tbh. **½

Skipped the 6 Man

WALTER vs Zack Sabre Jr:

Another excellent match between these two yet again. Loved Sabre’s attack on the arm of WALTER, kicking it, stamping on it, twisting it. Any thing and it was brutal. WALTER’s selling of it was great as well. Speaking of which, I don't normally like Sabre’s selling but he did a great job here, stumbling around, limping etc. Loved how when Sabre went straight for Walters leg as soon as Walter sold the first one. Great urgency. Only criticism of the match is Sabre really didn't do much to try and submit Walter, just odd but okay. ****¾

Missed the Tag Match as well.

Travis Banks vs Jeff Cobb:

This was a solid main event. Whilst Travis Banks is a heel now, I think and is doing Roman’s stuff for heat. He doesn’t wrestle like a heel at all, imo. Not much to say about the match other then that. **¾
    Spoiler:

VIVE LA FRANCE

Status

So I only need to check out one match, cool. The moments kinda passed anyway

Thread Information