Page 1 of 55 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: WWE WrestleMania 34 Discussion

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

Wrestlemania 34 WWE WrestleMania 34 Discussion

The biggest show of the year, none other than WrestleMania 34 is on April 8, 2017 and we are officially on the Road to WrestleMania.

One match confirmed so far sees the Royal Rumble winner AJ Styles take on none other than Shinsuke Nakamura.

What other matches will be on the card though? Join us for a lively discussion as Shock fumes over Baron Corbin, HoHo enjoys every woman and I enjoy the Usos prove their the best tag team in the world.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Internet Favorite

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: WrestleMania 34 Discussion

Plus we all get annoyed with the number of part timers on the card whilst the full time performers are left in the Battle Royal.
    I have a plan so cunning......

YES! YES! YES!

Status

They're already off to a good start with AJ Styles Vs Shinsuke Nakamura, that's a match that ticks the box as a special attraction for Wrestlemania and that match the fans wanted, while also being the top two most popular wrestlers on Smackdown fighting over the WWE Championship. Everything about it feels right. They've kept them apart every since they left New Japan together, and for the first time in probably a year the WWE title will be contested in a match people are looking forward to.

Brock Lesnar Vs Roman Reigns, which I think we all assume is going ahead and will be the main event, will be a solid addition to the card even though it's been too long a wait for that rematch and it's had a negative effect on WWE all year that Brock cannot lose until mania. Lesnar/Reigns and Nakamura/AJ is a solid top two world title matches for Wrestlemania.

Asuka winning the rumble should mean that we have at least one of the womens titles contested in a singles match which I think is the right call. I don't want 4 ways and 6 ways every year just because they're too scared to leave certain women off the show. The everyone gets a turn mentality at mania can get fucked for the big title matches. Asuka Vs Bliss makes the most sense given what they've been building to at Raw, but I really want Charlotte Vs Asuka for that big time mania feel, that would have the best chance of being the better match.

Very little interest in Cena Vs Taker because that match is about 5 years too late to be anything good or mean anything. There's no streak, Cena is past his prime so there's no passing the torch moment to be had, there's no title at steak. I think they'd be right up against it creatively to get me invested in that, certainly the way Cena's wrestling at the moment. I do think it's the match they'll end up doing because I'm 100% certain Taker is wrestling at this show and there's no other obvious opponent for him. Before Joe's injury I was sure Cena was gonna have a match with Joe, which might mean Taker had another opponent lined up. There's an outside chance Balor might be with Cena.

Given it's the more lively tag team division, I expect SD to have the multi-man ladder match with Usos, BB, New Day, Gable and Shelton and maybe Rusev/English. I would rather just see Usos VS BB, but I can't see New Day not having a mania match for the 2nd year running.

I'm thinking Miz defends against Braun.

Whatever the US title match ends up being, it'll look the least enjoyable match on paper. Triple H's match included.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Another WrestleMania, another main event victory for Reigns.

Still, with Nak/Styles, Asuka vs. Charlotte or Bliss and possibly Undertaker's last match, I'm quite excited.

#WC4Horsemen

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Assuming that the rumors are true, Roman vs Lesnar 2 should be interesting. I liked their first match, found it fairly entertaining and these two could potentially bring the best out of each other. I cant say that I've liked either of these roman or Brock's last few years but something about it being at WM gives me hope that they will pull off good match. This will probably close the show as a title match should.

AJ vs Nakamura gives me goosebumps. Many people wanted this match to happen when they joined and it's finally happening.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Internet Favorite

Status

Out of interest....are we expecting Carmella to cash in during one of the womens matches at WM?
    I have a plan so cunning......

[Your Name]

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Out of interest....are we expecting Carmella to cash in during one of the womens matches at WM?
    Personally, I'm not. I sorta expect her to do a Ziggler & cash in on the Smackdown immediately after. I sorta like the idea of her being drafted to Raw then cashing in, but the champ's likely to be Asuka & that'd be a sucky way for the streak to end.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

If Carmella cashes in on Asuka, she's joining Cena, Sandow and Corbin as someone that cashed in and failed to win the title. She's got until June before she has to cash in though, I think, so I don't see her cashing in here either. Even if does make for a WrestleMania moment.

AJ/Shinsuke is a good start but the rumoured card is a tad uninspiring and I really, really don't wanna see Undertaker back in a ring, regardless of who he's facing. His last match was hard to watch.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Fairly sure Carmella can't just challenge for the Raw Women's Championship. They repeatedly say she has a shot at the SD Women's Championship.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

It seems weird that they'd just randomly make this women's MITB a brand specific one, when that has never been the case for the men. Could maybe the whole point of them only mentioning the SD Title be a way of them making us more shocked when Carmella cashes in on Raw?

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by stojy View Post
    It seems weird that they'd just randomly make this women's MITB a brand specific one, when that has never been the case for the men. Could maybe the whole point of them only mentioning the SD Title be a way of them making us more shocked when Carmella cashes in on Raw?
    Its not random though. Jack Swagger in 2010 was the last MITB winner to have a choice of which world title he wanted to cash in for. Since then briefcases have either been brand specific, or there was only one world title because there was no brand split.

Unless they change the rules retrospectively, Carmella can only challenge for SD’s title.

Main Eventer

Status

This is WWE, they do what they like, no?

They could get around it by trading Carmella across to Raw if Asuka goes to Smackdown. and then note that Carmella's briefcase becomes a Raw exclusive MITB.

Carmella cashing in on Alexa Bliss at Wrestlemania after Nia Jax destroys her would be a great moment. They could do it in match to protect Nia Jax from losing or have Alexa get herself disqualified or counted out(not something I endorse at Mania) to force Nia into attacking Alexa.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post

They could get around it by trading Carmella across to Raw if Asuka goes to Smackdown. and then note that Carmella's briefcase becomes a Raw exclusive MITB.

Carmella cashing in on Alexa Bliss at Wrestlemania after Nia Jax destroys her would be a great moment. They could do it in match to protect Nia Jax from losing or have Alexa get herself disqualified or counted out(not something I endorse at Mania) to force Nia into attacking Alexa.
    Not a fan of Carmella but if I wanted to make her successfully cash in and become champion, that's the way I'do it. A booker's mind Syk, a booker's mind.

#WC4Horsemen

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Order knows me so well

Sadly this year outside of Asuka and Kairi I have been very down with both Divisions with the ladies on the Main Roster. Carmella cashing on anyone with no momentum, a lack of Wrestling skills and only hanging her hat on her talking skills is downright laughable. They made a huge mistake having her win it, and I rather see her lose and turn the corner with her character and turn into a nutcase rather than this rachet girl she is showing us with a one piece bikini.

Right now of all the Matches AJ vs Shinsuke is going to be amazing in the ring. I don't know how WWE will promote this Match, other the two best on the Brand facing each other. What if one of them turns heel??

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post

Assuming they do a draft/shake up post Mania again they could easily send her across during that too.

I don’t mind the idea of Carmella cashing in on Alexa after Nia destroys her though. Would be fun too see.

As for the rest of the card I fully believe Asuka/Charlotte is the match that we will get in the end. Just has that big time Mania feel that Bliss/Asuka just doesn’t have. Bliss/Nia sounds much better. My only issue is that they have a lot of other girls and with WWE’s attitude of ‘everyone has to get on the show’ I can see the Raw women’s match being multiman.

Roman/Lesnar has been locked it all year so that’s whatever, rather not see Cena/Taker now as it’s clear from last years Mania that Taker simply does not have it in him anymore (and that fact was reaffirmed on WWE 24: Orlando) plus Cena just doesn’t look as interested anymore. Just gliding through the motions. I don’t even know if the ‘big match feel’ can save it anymore.

AJ/Nak could be MOTY quality depending on which Nakamura decides to show up. If WWE main roster Nak shows up then it probably won’t be great but if Zayn/NJPW Nak shows up then it could be a true spectacle. AJ is the guy who has gotten the best out of pretty much anyone not named Kevin Owens over the past 2 years so I reckon he will pull out all the stops once again. Overall I’m kinda optimistic for that match. Despite my doubts I reckon Nak will come mega motivated for it and AJ will just keep doing what he does best.

Interesting to see what they do with Braun though. Wouldn’t mind him v Miz. Could be fun seeing him toss Miz around a lil. No idea what the likes of Rollins and Balor do. They are too big for the battle royal but you can’t really leave them off the show...

Oh and who is ready to mark the FUCK out when Steph/HHH v Rousey/Rock/Angle/Whoever happens!!!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    As for the rest of the card I fully believe Asuka/Charlotte is the match that we will get in the end. Just has that big time Mania feel that Bliss/Asuka just doesn’t have. Bliss/Nia sounds much better. My only issue is that they have a lot of other girls and with WWE’s attitude of ‘everyone has to get on the show’ I can see the Raw women’s match being multiman.
    There's bound to be a 3rd womens match of the evening because as you say there's just too much talent there. Maybe they'll have the Fabulous Moolah Battle Royal and stick them all in that It might just be sowing seeds for the Elimination Chamber, but they are definitely adding some tension to the Bayley/Sasha friendship. That might be another match they think of doing and a possible red herring if Sasha or Bayley win the title from Bliss inside the Chamber.

No idea what the likes of Rollins and Balor do. They are too big for the battle royal but you can’t really leave them off the show...

I think Rollins could easily end up in a preshow match with Jason Jordan unless his surgery is gonna rule out Jordan for mania.

Balor could slot into a number of matches.

Oh and who is ready to mark the FUCK out when Steph/HHH v Rousey/Rock/Angle/Whoever happens!!!
    I actually would love it if that's the match because that means you're getting both the Triple H and the celeb/part timer match out of the way in one go which will prevent the show hitting a brick wall with bad match after bad match. Plus I do not want Ronda in the title mix yet. Best possible scenario is that Triple H doesn't wrestle, but because he absolutely will, this would be the best alternative.

I actually think WWE will put on the best mania on paper since WM30, because beyond Triple H and Ronda being in the same match, I don't see anything else rumoured that I think is totally going to suck or I won't want to see.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    There's bound to be a 3rd womens match of the evening because as you say there's just too much talent there. Maybe they'll have the Fabulous Moolah Battle Royal and stick them all in that It might just be sowing seeds for the Elimination Chamber, but they are definitely adding some tension to the Bayley/Sasha friendship. That might be another match they think of doing and a possible red herring if Sasha or Bayley win the title from Bliss inside the Chamber.
    I would be happily surprised if they run Bayley/Sasha as a singles match....but I can totally see them running a Fabulous Moolah battle royal and stick all the girls in that .

I think Rollins could easily end up in a preshow match with Jason Jordan unless his surgery is gonna rule out Jordan for mania.
    Well there is talk about him being out for over a year and apparently his injury is similar to the one both Benoit & Edge had and both of them were out for over a year too.

Balor could slot into a number of matches.
    Outside a match with Miz or a match with Rollins i cant see many worthwhile options (unless they decide to go cross brand).

I actually would love it if that's the match because that means you're getting both the Triple H and the celeb/part timer match out of the way in one go which will prevent the show hitting a brick wall with bad match after bad match. Plus I do not want Ronda in the title mix yet. Best possible scenario is that Triple H doesn't wrestle, but because he absolutely will, this would be the best alternative.

I actually think WWE will put on the best mania on paper since WM30, because beyond Triple H and Ronda being in the same match, I don't see anything else rumoured that I think is totally going to suck or I won't want to see.
    Oh Ed.....You actually expect to go a year without seeing a ridiculous Triple H entrance? How naive of you . He's defo competing...and the match will defo be one of the longer ones on the show. But your right that getting both the Haitch match and the Ronda match out of the way in one go is a best case scenario.

You're right about the potential of having the best Mania card on paper since Mania 30. I just hope they learn from last year and balance the show out between the good and the crap a bit better.

Status

-Opening Match for The WWE Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles (c)

-US Title match: Randy Orton vs Bobby Roode (c)

-RAW Women's Championship: Alexa Bliss (c) vs Nia Jax

-Smackdown Tag Championships: The Uso's (c) w/ Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens and Sammy Zayn (with Daniel Bryan)

-Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (c) vs Braun Strowman

-Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor

-RAW Tag Team Championships: Sheamus and Cesaro (c) vs The Club vs The Revival

-Smackdown Women's Championship: Auska vs Charlotte (c)

-John Cena vs The Undertaker

-The Rock and Ronda Rousey vs Triple-H and Stephanie McMahon

-WWE Universal Championship: Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar (c)
    Last edited by Jiggy; 02-07-2018 at 08:34 PM.

#Fitzmajic

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Maybe they'll have the Fabulous Moolah Battle Royal and stick them all in that
    Stealing your lines there buddy, you're above that.

I'd rather we didn't get a silly tribute Battle Royal and instead just got a fun multi-woman inter-brand tag; either RAW vs. SmackDown or heels vs. face for each brand. They've done it a bunch of times before for the ladies so it'd be consistent with their history. The Andre Battle Royal makes sense because Andre was a big deal in Battle Royal's and has huge history with WWE and WrestleMania - Moolah, not so much; sure, her WWE history is extensive but a quick Google of her brings up plenty of gross stories that the WWE probably don't want getting mainstream attention right now, plus (as fas as I'm aware) she has zero Battle Royal history. I know Vince and co. love to brand the shit out of everything but a multi-woman tag works far better in this case I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Well there is talk about him being out for over a year and apparently his injury is similar to the one both Benoit & Edge had and both of them were out for over a year too.
    Really? I heard it was quite minor, recovery might rule him out of 'Mania but not definitely and that it specifically wasn't as bad as Benoit/Edge/Angle etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Put that on in the middle of the card - we all need a piss break.

God of Destruction

Status
      Country                    Slovak Republic

Re: WWE WrestleMania 34 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    -Opening Match for The WWE Championship: Shinsuke Nakamura vs AJ Styles (c)

-RAW Women's Championship: Alexa Bliss (c) vs Nia Jax

-Smackdown Tag Championships: The Uso's (c) w/ Shane McMahon vs Kevin Owens and Sammy Zayn (with Daniel Bryan)

-Intercontinental Championship: The Miz (c) vs Braun Strowman

-Seth Rollins vs Finn Balor

-RAW Tag Team Championships: Sheamus and Cesaro (c) vs The Club vs The Revival

-Smackdown Women's Championship: Auska vs Charlotte (c)

-John Cena vs The Undertaker

-The Rock and Ronda Rousey vs Triple-H and Stephanie McMahon

-WWE Universal Championship: Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar (c)
    Is the mixed tag a real thing? It seems so weird to go with it instead of Triple H vs. Rock one on one.

Braun Strowman should ot go for IC belt. He is most likely going to face Trips or Optimus Prime
    "You only need to hang mean bastards, but mean bastards you need to hang."

Thread Information