Thread: 5* Wrestling Thread

Intercontinental Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

5* Wrestling Thread

Having seen many mixed reactions and views on the new wrestling show that it put on freesport or some free to air channel I thought i'd give it a viewing. They're promoting it as being a live show that is on one per week from a different arena around the UK, though the slot it airs in is for 3 hours...for something new they're really pushing it there. Anyway onto the first show....

Nathan Cruz vs Morgan Webster vs Mark Haskins vs Joey Axel vs BT Gunn for the Tap Or Snap Championship - Now i'm familiar with Webster, Haskings and Gunn but not the other two guys so i'll be learning as I go along here haha. Not a bad match. Despite not winning Axel was the stand out with 3 eliminations. On a side note those ropes are shockingly slack.

Rampage Brown vs Moose - Decent hard hitting match. Cheap and dirty tactics from Rampage as I expected, and allowing a piledriver on TV is good haha.

Max Money vs Carlito & Masters - Nothing like an old WWE tag team appearing haha. Always loved Carlito so b nice to see if he can still go. Not a bad match. The old guys got their vintage stuff in and the youngsters pick up the cheap win.

Jake Hager vs Eddie Ryan - Very enjoyable match until the cheap finish eurgh. On the plus side this shows just how good Eddie Ryan is.

Zack Gibson vs Rey Mysterio - Another enjoyable match that was ruined by the finish eurgh.

Jody Fleicsch & El Ligero vs Dave Mastiff & Big Grizz - Can't believe Jody is still going haha. We know Mastiff from WOS reboot, but i've known Grizz for a while and he is getting better and better. Classic small guys vs big guys match. Expected the faces to go over given who won earlier in the night but the more exposure Grizz gets the better. He had a WWE tryout last year, so hopefully will be able to get another soon.

RVD vs Johhny Impact err Morrison for the 5* Championship - Decent enough match, could have been a lot better given the calibre of the talent. RVD has obviously lost a step or three during his latter years but still expected more.

In-ring action was ok overall but the ropes need tightening especially if you're using guys the use rope based move. Production looks cheap and tacky but it gives British wrestlers more exposure so surely that's a good thing?
    I have a plan so cunning......

Sweet Meat

Status

Re: 5* Wrestling Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Having seen many mixed reactions and views on the new wrestling show that it put on freesport or some free to air channel I thought i'd give it a viewing. They're promoting it as being a live show that is on one per week from a different arena around the UK, though the slot it airs in is for 3 hours...for something new they're really pushing it there. Anyway onto the first show....

Nathan Cruz vs Morgan Webster vs Mark Haskins vs Joey Axel vs BT Gunn for the Tap Or Snap Championship - Now i'm familiar with Webster, Haskings and Gunn but not the other two guys so i'll be learning as I go along here haha. Not a bad match. Despite not winning Axel was the stand out with 3 eliminations. On a side note those ropes are shockingly slack.

Rampage Brown vs Moose - Decent hard hitting match. Cheap and dirty tactics from Rampage as I expected, and allowing a piledriver on TV is good haha.

Max Money vs Carlito & Masters - Nothing like an old WWE tag team appearing haha. Always loved Carlito so b nice to see if he can still go. Not a bad match. The old guys got their vintage stuff in and the youngsters pick up the cheap win.

Jake Hager vs Eddie Ryan - Very enjoyable match until the cheap finish eurgh. On the plus side this shows just how good Eddie Ryan is.

Zack Gibson vs Rey Mysterio - Another enjoyable match that was ruined by the finish eurgh.

Jody Fleicsch & El Ligero vs Dave Mastiff & Big Grizz - Can't believe Jody is still going haha. We know Mastiff from WOS reboot, but i've known Grizz for a while and he is getting better and better. Classic small guys vs big guys match. Expected the faces to go over given who won earlier in the night but the more exposure Grizz gets the better. He had a WWE tryout last year, so hopefully will be able to get another soon.

RVD vs Johhny Impact err Morrison for the 5* Championship - Decent enough match, could have been a lot better given the calibre of the talent. RVD has obviously lost a step or three during his latter years but still expected more.

In-ring action was ok overall but the ropes need tightening especially if you're using guys the use rope based move. Production looks cheap and tacky but it gives British wrestlers more exposure so surely that's a good thing?
    Any chance of this being on Youtube? Not really able to watch something long term on Twitch

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status

Some kind soul has uploaded the majority of the matches from the opening show in Liverpool. If you search for 5* Wrestling they'll show up.

Status

Max Money vs El Ligero & Jody Fleisch - Not a bad opening match. Glad to see the ropes are slightly better this week haha. Having the heels as Champions makes sense at this early stage, especially as Maxted will bring them lots of exposure from his reality tv stuff.

Zack Gibson getting some decent promo time for character development.

Gibson vs RVD - Not a bad match but the ending was horrid. They're making Gibson something big so needs to come off well and he does, but not fond of the crappy finish.

Mod Cast? Really haha, let's see what the Welshman can do. Jason Prime aka Primate..he's new to me. Looks like we're getting Prime vs Axl huh. Maybe not haha. Flash has good timing so i'd like to see them run this Modcast on a regular basis.

Joey Axl vs Morgan Webster - Not too bad. I don't like the fact that Flash is 0-2 and tapped out two weeks running...he's better than that.

Eddie Ryan vs PJ Black - Oh hi PJ. Eddie getting the rub of being in the ring with two top wrestlers in a row. Enjoyed the match, glad Eddie picked up the win as he can be a standout star and deserves some big wins.

Moose vs Rampage Brown - So a rematch from last week..or not as the case may be. Brutal assault from Rampage which gives him a big rub. Moose will no doubt get the win next time they square off.

Warbeard vs Masters of Cool - Not a bad match. Not fond of the fact Warbeard are 0-2 given their size and ability. I hope they get a payoff soon. Calrito & Masters could have gone 0-2 and nothing would have changed for them but ah well.

Rey Mysterio vs Mark Haskins - Enjoying the match until Rampage attacked grrr. Pretty sure I said last week there's too much of this rubbish going down.

Nathan Cruz vs BT Gunn - Another ok match, can't really say more than that.

Jake Hager vs Johnny Impact - Very good match as it should be between these two. Finally the shenanigans actually worked as it should have with Gibson going after Johnny, which continues that storyline. Also with the pre-match stuff you can kind of sense that Hager will drop to Eddie Ryan...you can just see it happening.

Probably a slightly better showing than last week. Still lots for them to work on, but at least this week there was some character progression. 3 hours is still too long though.

Status

Mark Haskins vs Matt Riddle Tap or Snap Championship - Hard hitting contest. Finish looked a little sloppy but it makes sense having someone with an MMA background holding your submission title for a little bit.

Masters of Cool vs UK Hooligans - Not a bad match, possibly went on a little too long but I may be being picky there.

Eddie Ryan Gauntlet - Superb effort from Eddie Ryan there. It's one way of getting people on the card, and it's also a way to solidify a new star. I predicted a few weeks ago Eddie Ryan would be the one to dethrone Jake Hager and I still stand by that. Well maybe not tonight but he will in the future haha.

Nathan Cruz vs BT Gunn - Decent enough match, 9.21 is beatable so let's see what the next guys can do.

8 Man Tag - Umm not quite sure what to make of that match. Too much going on at times and I would have had the heels go over but that's just my view.

Joey Axl vs Ricky Knight Jnr - Decent enough showing by the 17 year old Knight, and Axl has looked decent each show so far. Time expired so BT Gunn gets a shot at Riddle.

Tor Atter-Hagen umm who are you? Best do some reading on him ready for next week methinks.

Eddie Ryan vs Jake Hager - 6th match of the evening for Eddie, there's no way he's winning the title tonight haha. Not a bad showing for the time they got and given how much Eddie went through earlier in the night. Not fond of the cheap attack to lead to the finish but I still stand by the fact Eddie Ryan will beat Jake Hager for this title soon.

Status

Bertie showing up on 5* what's up with that haha? I mentioned in the Impact threads Bertie seems so much more relaxed these days which is great to see.

Kings of the North vs Max Money - Messed up the finish which spoiled an opener that wasn't too bad. Not sure who is to blame there the ref or the guy from Kings of the North but it wasn't due to end that way that's for sure haha.

Jody Fleisch vs Alberton El Patron - Some decent brawling coupled with some decent in ring work. With him taking the win I wonder if he'll back for some more shows in the future.

Modcast time with Mr Gibson. Another title? Real Title haha, an unsanctioned British Championship or something huh. Not sure they need a third title but yeah whatever. It could work to be used to build the home grown talent whilst the big names do their thing as the company grows.

Eddie Ryan vs Zach Gibson - Really enjoyable match. Eddie Ryan getting what his recent efforts deserve, hopefully he get's a decent run. Post match beat down by Max Money on Ryan and Gibson...Bram seems to be the one behind it huh. Interesting to see he's joining the ranks too.

A bit too much filler for my liking but given the horrid storms that have battered the UK it's a perfectly acceptable effort from those that did make it to Belfast.

Thread Information