Thread: Dark (Netflix)

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

Dark (Netflix)

When two children go missing in a small German town, its sinful past is exposed along with the double lives and fractured relationships that exist among four families as they search for the kids. The mystery-drama series introduces an intricate puzzle filled with twists that includes a web of curious characters, all of whom have a connection to the town's troubled history -- whether they know it or not. The story includes supernatural elements that tie back to the same town in 1986. "Dark" represents the first German original series produced for Netflix.

____

Has anyone given this show a try? Disregarding anime this has been one of my favorite series of 2017, top 3 if not number one. Lemme start off by saying this... Ignore any comparisons drawn between this series and Stranger Things. There are a couple to be drawn and anything else is reaching. Two completely different shows. This show is not Spielberg/King at all for example... David Lynch would be the obvious comparisons.

The plot synopsis and even the trailer completely downplay the sci fi element of this show which at the core of it's story it is. It's hard to put it into words other than give it a try and ignore any critics that cite Stranger Things because they did not actually watch the series and it's a lazy comparison.

It's a German series so it's in German but there is an English dub available as well which I watched it in at first and enjoyed it all the same.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Dark (Netflix)

Yeah I remember watching a Video on Youtube where the guy talks about what is coming to Netflix and he talked about this Show. He compared it to Stranger Things right off the Bat and I might need to check it out now that I have a dancing partner maybe this weekend since I have Netflix now.

Status

Been watching it too, randomly enough. Just thru the first episode. Interesting and quite atmospheric.
    EVERY ENDING IS A NEW BEGINNING.
    YOUR LUCKY NUMBER IS NONE.
    YOUR LUCKY COLOUR IS DEAD.
    Motto:
    LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

formerly TE
    The One True King

Status

It's truly amazing. The sequences and storytelling it uses to track it's characters in different time periods is amazing. This show blew me away.

Status
      Country                    United States

Here's the season 2 trailer. This will be a trilogy.

Thread Information