Thread: Official Twitch Discussion/Advertisement Thread

God's Gift to God

Status

Cyber Sunday Official Twitch Discussion/Advertisement Thread

I'm surprised we didn't already have a Twitch thread so bang. Talk about anything Twitch related in here. Whether it be favorite streamers, favorite games you enjoy watching or anything else cool on Twitch share it and spread the word. Do you stream on Twitch or are you thinking about it? Use this thread to post updates or get feedback from anyone that's hanging out in the thread. I've been spamming my link almost as a meme over the past few weeks and it's even annoying me now. So I figured if we had a spot for that specifically it would allow people who actually want to see it to see it and keep others from being tormented.

I figure this would be a good idea to basically round up any and all WC Twitchers and maybe get a tight-knit thing going on. If there was a big 'ole group of us we might even be able to cobble together a Stream Team eventually and do WC themed streams. I just started and I know that Steve (The Natural) streams and Lemons (RIP) does as well. So if you stream pop a bio or something in a post with a description of your channel or games you frequently play and whatnot and slam your channel link in there. I'll update this post as time goes on if anyone cares to do such a thing. Again, I figure this would be more appropriate to push out updates on going live than just dropping it randomly across WC so have at it.

---

www.twitch.tv/coxatron

I just started streaming a month ago and really only putting effort into it over the past couple weeks. It's basically an exercise to force me to play all the games I've bought that have been collecting digitaldust and an attempt to reconnect with gaming since I've fallen in and out of love with it. Overwatch is always one of my main squeezes but I'm basically just playing things as I feel in the moment as opposed to sticking to new releases and whatnot. I literally just hooked my Xbox One up to an Elgato and I'm intending on doing regular Rock Band 4 streams and will be playing UFC 3 when it comes out. Took me forever to get it setup so thank the Maker I won't be playing too many console games. I'm still working on reaching affiliate so I can earn subscriptions and cheers and stuff so if you're ever bored and see me online and wanna help me out, pop open a browser and just let me play in the background. Mute me, minimize me or hang out in chat and keep me company because ily. Follow me and make me feel like I have friends. Johnny Gargabones is my number one (and only) fan. FACT.

---

www.twitch.tv/stevekeepsdying

This is The Natural aka all the names I'm too lazy to post out. He's good at Overwatch and plays some other rad stuff. I'll keep this as a placeholder if he puts up a more in-depth description.

---

www.twitch.tv/ShaunDGames

Our boy Lemons. RIP. I think he retired from WC and wrassleboarding but he lives on in our hearts and on Twitch. He plays League of Legends and Overwatch amongst other things. He's also Canadian.

SIX F'N STARS

Status

Re: Official Twitch Discussion/Advertisement Thread

Yes, we are definitely overdue for a thread like this. As Cox said, you can find me at www.twitch.tv/stevekeepsdying or follow on Twitter www.twitter.com/stevekeepsdying to see when/what I'm playing next.

I originally started streaming... I want to say it was 2013 (?). Back then it was pretty much exclusively DayZ for me (and it was great, but DayZ and Twitch changed). Then I stopped for a period of time and Twitch saw a massive overhaul that DELETE-d everyone's archives. I don't remember the reason, probably a corporate takeover of some sort. I started back at zero, streaming again in June/July of 2017, and have been having a lot of fun. I stream all sorts of things. PUBG, Overwatch, Dead by Daylight, wrestling games, action, strategy, you name it.

Whether its having a small audience for those "I wish someone else saw that" moments, being able to clip particularly great plays and watch them again later, or having hardcore fans of a game give me tips that save me time/frustration, broadcasting my gaming on Twitch has been a net positive for me. I've also received some donations and subs (thanks guys) that have gone towards buying new games, and received recommendations for games I didn't think I would enjoy as much as I have (Dead by Daylight and Deceit, I'm looking at you).

Games and the people playing them can be incredibly entertaining to watch, it almost feels like a sports broadcast on a much smaller and more intimate scale. I know people who were against the idea and thought they would never find joy in watching other people play games that discovered a newfound appreciation for it. Hell, I was one of them. But there's many different styles of gaming and Twitch has really helped to highlight that. I'm even becoming an actual fan of eSports thanks to Overwatch League, but truthfully, I had always sorta enjoyed watching high-level Starcraft games despite not knowing a whole lot about the game itself.

I have a full-time job and am about to start a side-job/project that should be very time consuming, so I don't have huge aspirations for streaming at the moment, but it would be nice to cultivate a strong enough following over time that I can let gaming "pay the bills." I mean, that's the dream right? Turn a hobby into a job so you love what you do? So far it covers Spotify and sometimes Netflix. You really have to "go hard" to make it happen on a professional level and I admire anyone who has the ability to make the effort to do so and does.

My favorite person to watch on Twitch is Shroud www.twitch.tv/shroud the dude is a PUBG god but he slays in every first person shooter he plays. I particularly like him because he has a very down-to-earth attitude despite being one of the most prolific streamers there is. He learns from his mistakes and rarely gets too upset about bullshit or unfortunate circumstances. Cool dude. Just don't watch him and assume you'll have the same experience playing the same games, guy is on another level.
    Prepare to lose a war of attrition in 10,000 words or more.

God's Gift to God

Status

Re: Official Twitch Discussion/Advertisement Thread

Yeah I always thought Twitch was weird. Like I didn't understand why anyone would watch someone play games. But I started streaming at the behest of my brother and I really enjoy it. It motivates me to play and I'm getting more comfortable actually doing it. I haven't been able to really stick to a schedule because my job sucks but it's gotten me to play more games than I have in a long time and that part is school. I've mostly been doing streams with multiplayer games because I haven't mastered the art of talking to myself. It's still really uncomfortable for me especially since I have a roommate and it's something I struggle with if I don't have someone in chat or in discord.

Getting ready to stream some Overwatch tho if anyone wants to watch me play a pro d.va and listen to my brother accuse everyone of aimobotting.

Thread Information