Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WWF - 1991 and Beyond

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status
      Country                    United States

Re: WWF - 1991 and Beyond

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    WrestleMania VII review:

--- Woof. This is a massive event. Fitting. Here goes nothing…
    --- Willie Nelson is the GOAT… way to embrace that patriotic theme from the top. I smell a Hogan victory.
    --- Good rub for The Rockers. As you've already decided to set off Bret’s singles career, I wonder if you'll be fast tracking Michaels as well?
    --- The interview set up is great, why don't they still do this? Anyways I really liked Martel’s dialogue in this. Honestly, Martel is one of those guys I always wished had done more in his career. He was like a discount Rick Rude, in a good way. Him defeating The Texas Tornado bodes well for him getting a shot at the IC title in the future.
    --- Tough start for DiBiase’s empire. Like that you kept the Warlord/Bossman encounter short because anything more than 8 minutes with these two would be a guaranteed bore.
    --- Perfect’s mic work is gold. Too bad he's about to lose his title  I think Hart was destined to win this match, so good call. I kinda hope this feud carries on for a little while though, these two could put on some instant classics for sure. And I think both guys epitomize their roles perfectly so it's a top heel vs a top face with plenty of fan investment. The apron spot was cool and definitely a dangerous move to pull out there. This match felt like a show stealer.
    --- Nice WM debut for Taker that he made him look like a threat to anybody on the roster. Beating the Bulldog will definitely look better on his resume 27 years from now than a past-his-prime Snuka.
    --- Convincing victory for LOD, even more lopsided than I could have expected. If they beat Demolition with that much ease, who in the WWF stands a chance?
    --- Nicely booked bout between DiBiase and Steamboat, you really had me guessing if Virgil was gonna stay loyal to DiBiase’s empire, kudos.
    --- I think the way you executed the Savage/Roberts match was excellent, better than Savage/Warrior imo.
    --- Slaughter vs Duggan was nice to break up the action between the last bout and the main event. This is honestly a better use of Slaughter than being in the main event. That post match action would have got huge pops for sure.
    --- The main event was appropriate. Good call on setting up this rematch. The match was short by most standard but it makes sense. Both of these guys finish most of their opponents in about 3 minutes so an 11 minute match is like a marathon with these two. Good result though I must say Hulk Hogan As WWF Champion will only keep me interested for so long.
    --- All in all, awesome show. It just felt like a WrestleMania. So that's always a plus. It had plenty if big moments and memorable matches and the card was easily superior to the real WM VII. Can't wait to see what comes next bro, keep it up.
    I wrote the Perfect/Hart match with the idea in mind that it would steal the show, so I'm glad I got that across through the match. The LOD match did come off as a clear ass kicking, which it was intended because I have no plans for Demolition moving forward, much like in real life 1991. It was really a 3-4 match card with a bunch of mid-card action to keep the lower/mid tier guys relative moving forward. In regards to the Virgil/Dibiase angle, I tried to make it seem as realistic as possible that Virgil would be turning, only for Dibiase to pay him off to stay with The Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim View Post
    Good looking WrestleMania, shame Perfect lost the Intercontinental Championship though. I think Roberts winning was also a smart idea, instead of what WWE really did in late '91 - early '92 and never giving Roberts a solid victory over Savage.

Undertaker's 1-0 starts off solid with what would have been a pretty alright match against Bulldog.

Sign me up to this one.
    I had to give Roberts the win, like you said, he never really did have a solid victory over Savage and he deserved a big time moment at Wrestlemania 7 opposed to the real life blindfold match vs Martel. Glad you enjoyed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    The Big Boss Man is easily the biggest villain in the WWE now. The asshole makes his own mother pay in order to talk to him on the WWE Hotline! I'm sure The Warlord doesn't make his momma pay to talk to him.
    Haha, I'm happy you picked up on the small paragraph I put in there with the Superstars Hotline. Just some fun thrown in there when the perils of writing a Bossman/Warlord match makes you want to shut your computer down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sykotic View Post
    Just a quick thought on Wrestlemania.

All the results went pretty much as you would expect them to. Just wanted to commend you on your interview segments. Every single one was short but smooth and sweet, I could really picture each person saying what was said. Whether that's the characters being a lot easier to identify with or not you've still done an awesome job with that.

Was hoping Bossman would be the one to save Dibiase against Steamboat. I can see Dibiase pushing himself into contention for the World Title in the coming months, especially with Savage still tied up with Roberts. Would love for you to take Warrior into a feud with Taker as the little period involving Warrior, Taker and Roberts in reality is one of my favourite.
    It's a lot easier to write the characters of old when they all had a clear outline of what they may say and a voice that you would remember all these years later. I toyed with the idea of Bossman turning on the faces to join up with The Empire as a bodyguard type, but decided against it. Without giving anything away you might enjoy the rest of 1991 for Warrior.

Indy Talent

Status

Really have enjoyed this thread..the results went the way thought as far as winners and losers. I am very interested to see how dibiase handles warlord losing. One thing that i wanna say is i loved the bret/perfect match but just remmeber that your in 1991. I feel that in that time period would of had that spot result in a double count out. I get its Mania but a highspot in 91 was a top rope dive. Also there was a lot more violence on this show than expected. I believe three matches had use of a steel chair or weapons which struck me as odd for 91. Now this is your btb and you may be changing yhe direction of how wrestlinh is presented which im all for but just some thoughts. But hey you did have Hogan win so you know where your bread is buttered

Red n White Army!

Status
      Country                    England

Alright buddy, a few thoughts on your WrestleMania card. This is as near to my BTB time period as there is so I'm interested to see how you go with it and who you push etc ... I remember WM7 vaguely IRL, it was a mahoosive celebration of YOO-ESS-AAY and having Vinny-Mac set up the show the way you did was right. Into the action and you start, correctly IMO, with the Rockers - they were great at getting the fans going and are on a real roll. Correct decision to have them go over the Nasties. Interested to see what you do with them - will you push them to the Tag Titles or will you split them later in 91 to break HBK out into being the megastar he would become? I remember hating Model as a kid - but you nailed him perfectly with his interview. Good to see him go over Tornado (who I never cared for much) but hopefully there are not too many tight/rope heel wins tonight; WrestleMania should be a culmination of things for me rather than a set up for other stuff so I'm never much of a fan of heels winning in this manner. Next up, Boss Man over Warlord. Yep, agree with this one too. Warlord was a jobber to the up and coming babyfaces so not a surprise; question is how you have him move on as part of DiBiase's crew with this loss.

I know that your split of the Hart Foundation has split opinion but I'm not too bothered about it - I'm just not sure about the "underdog" theme for Bret. Size and ability wise vs. Perfect, he isn't an underdog. Perfect's interview before the match was excellent but I didn't care much for Bret's and felt like it spoiled the outcome; it was obvious Bret would win whereas I thought you might throw the swerve before that. Enjoyed the match, it read well and you just know - as at Summerslam 91 and King of the Ring 93 - it would be a cracking match. However, I have a little minor issue with your writing style during matches. Look at the last paragraph of the Bret/Perfect match - you started seven sentences in a row with the word "Perfect" and that can make it difficult to read. You then switched to "Hart" for the last two. I think it's important to get variation in the writing - whether it's by using different names or titles, e.g. Hart could be Bret, Hart, Hitman, The Canadian, the challenger - or via the way you order your sentence. It's harder to do it for Perfect by name - Perfect, the champion is about it - so you need to start your sentence with fronted adverbials or subordinate clauses (sorry for the Literacy lesson but look them up) ... e.g. "Perfect sets him up, hooking his leg and from the top nails a TOP ROPE PERFECTPLEX!" could have been written in a different order to say the same thing. "Hooking the challenger's leg, Perfect sets him up on the top ... and nails a TOP ROPE PERFECTPLEX!" You can use the first bit of the sentence to describe the position, time, how, why the main part of the sentence is about to happen. I just think that would vary your writing a little and make it a little less robotic.

Undertaker vs. Bulldog was an interesting decision - I like it in hindsight but I wasn't sure initially. There wasn't much to go on with them being mixed up with the other matches as part of DiBiase's Empire vs. their targets but it would have certainly been an interesting match to watch. Dead clean victory for the heel Undertaker too, looks a real dominant force here defeating Bulldog, a huge fan favourite, so convincingly in just 8 minutes. Good decision but important that you bring Bulldog back round quickly as he had so much potential at this point too. Next up, the Tag Titles up for grabs with Demolition vs. LOD. Surely it has to be Animal and Hawk with the win, yeah? Yes, it is. Solid match, right decision, no complaints.

Liked the interview with Perfect and Alfred Hayes - seems that you already have future plans for Perfect and I hope it involves a WWF Championship at some stage. Next up, Steamboat vs. DiBiase - and the huge question mark over Virgil here. I didn't see much of Steamboat as he finished up with WWF not long after this so I never got the fuss over him. However, I know that he was a huge deal to people who watched WWF before 1992 so this is interesting to me. I suspect DiBiase pulls it out somehow and Virgil sticks with him, Empire win 2 out of 3 on the night and it causes issues for Warlord down the line - that's my prediction before I read. Annnnnnnnnd, called it. Suspected you would have it be a big ruse! It's good though, you are setting your BTB out to be different and keeping Virgil with DiBiase is a good move IMO.

Great build for Roberts vs. Macho Man, you can feel the intensity of Savage in that interview. Their verbal styles clashed well - Roberts' low voice and dark undertones vs. Savage's excitable, emotional style, it's a good contrast. Elizabeth at ringside, are we going for the old reunion in the BTB too? Interesting that you had Savage notice Liz - he didn't IRL but he was with Sherri - but that seemed an important point you made there. I'm on a roll with the predictions, Liz was a factor in Savage being distracted and a huuuuuuuuuuuge win for Jake Roberts. Not sure the big reunion works off a loss but still a nice moment regardless. Shame I'm reading it a day after Valentines Day, it might have made me make some romantic gesture towards the missus otherwise, LOL.

Obviously, WM7 in real life was all about Slaughter's turn against the USA - and it fell a bit down when the USA won the war a couple of months out. I find it interesting that you have opted to go with Slaughter vs. Hacksaw here and with the theme of the show seemingly matching real life and the celebration of all things USA, it makes me think that you are going to give Duggan a huge WrestleMania moment here. This would be a big deal for him IRL, this would make his character and take him to the next level - let's see what you do. SQUUUUUUUASSSSH! (Well, nearly!) Wow. Hacksaw destroying Slaughter, USA triumphing over the evil foreigners, classic old school WWF. Interested to see what comes next for Hacksaw though. Whilst I never particularly cared for him, the character had huge potential but he needed a huge win over a foreign invader to push him on. They had him fall to the likes of Yokozuna and Ludvig Borga in 93 but you never truly felt they would take the plunge with him and indeed gave his gimmick - in a slightly altered form - to Luger in 93. Expecting you to make big use of Duggan now - you've just elevated him to that level with such a win as that.

OK, main event time. The "Ultimate Rematch" apparently. I'm not sure about the build. We've done the two top babyface guys who respect each other last year, would it fly again a year later? I think this needed a little more needle between them to set it apart. I expect it to be a solid WM main event but I'm not convinced - unless something huge happens - that it can match last year's WM main event. Meh. Hogan is champion again. This was a really good WrestleMania but that ending feels a little flat to me. I guess the live crowd would go wild for Hogan becoming champion again but not sure myself. I'd love to see Duggan now get an inferiority complex that Hogan parading the USA flag is stealing his thunder or something and take him out and go after the WWF Championship!

Overall, a great read and a cracking WrestleMania. Really happy with the way you dealt with most things - Hart as IC Champion, LOD as TT Champions, Undertaker with a dominant performance, DiBiase/Virgil not breaking up. Interested to see how things move on for the likes of Bulldog, Rockers and - as I talked about before - Duggan. Felt the main event was a flat one but I can let that slide. Match writing could be improved as I suggested. But this is a real fun read and I am enjoying every minute of it. Keep it up, fella.

WE ARE PREMIER LEAGUE! #SUFC

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

All caught up and I'm enjoying this mate! I've never read a "BTB" of this timeline before and as wrestling fan who was born in the 90's this interest's me.

A couple of things. I really like the idea of the Million Dollar Empire and I actually think the characters chosen work well. Glad to see DiBiase get the win over Steamboat in what seemed a good match and also love the idea of Taker vs Bulldog and Taker starting his "streak" with that win on his CV.

I'm mixed on the tag team scene. I feel like it was maybe soon to break up the Hart Foundation but when it became clear it was going to happen- Demolition vs the LOD sounded awesome. The match was very much one sided though and knowing you've got no real plans for Demolition seems to leave the tag team scene with one dominant team in the Road Warriors and nothing very much else. Work to be done on that division so that will be interesting to see.

Loving the direction of Jake Roberts and his alignment with Sherri is really cool. Pleased he got the win over the Macho King too.

I never really liked Hogan or Warrior but obviously both men were over as could be back then and so that Main Event is huge and fitting of Wrestlemania. Hogan wins the gold though and it will be interesting to see who's next.

Now, Bret Hart. So again I felt it was a little soon to have him split from Jim but the build of him being almost an unknown and underdog in the single's scene was really cool and working with Mr Perfect guarantees top quality matches and It sounded like the show stealing match reading along. My only small gripe is again it seems a little fast tracked with him beating Perfect and now being the IC Champion. To continue the story you had built.. I would have maybe had him take Perfect to the edge and have Perfect narrowly win. Put over Harts arrival in the single's run scene, maybe even have Perfect put over his ability and acceptance at this level and then have Hart win the rematch.

All in all though, I'm really enjoying it man. Look forward to reading more!

"LET ME IN.."

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

Wrestlemania 7 brought the action, excitement and entertainment WWF fans have grown accustomed to. A fun-filled night with tons of twists and turns, Wrestlemania 7 was a critically acclaimed show worldwide. Three new champions were crowned when Hulk Hogan won back the WWF title, Legion of Doom disposed of Demolition to claim the Tag Team titles, and Bret Hart shocked the world by dethroning Mr. Perfect to capture the Intercontinental title. All in all, Wrestlemania 7 lived up to the hype and WWF now looks to keep the ball rolling moving forward.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT
    WWF President Jack Tunney announced the other day inside of his office at WWF Headquarters that the 16 man elimination style tournament, known as the King of the Ring, will be turning into a Pay-Per-View event. The event is scheduled for Sunday, June 16 from Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Adding more to the big announcement, Tunney said that the winner of the King of the Ring tournament will be given an automatic shot at the WWF Championship later on this summer at Summerslam! Tunney stated that the opening round of 16 would take place throughout much of April and May, while the Pay-Per-View will see the Quarterfinals, Semifinals and Finals play out.

On top of the King of the Ring announcement, Tunney also revealed the bracket for the 16 competitors.

Mr. Perfect
    Koko B. Ware

Big Bossman
    The Warlord

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
    The Barbarian

Crush
    Tito Santana

The Undertaker
    Texas Tornado

Ultimate Warrior
    Ted Dibiase

IRS
    Tugboat

Ricky Steamboat
    Greg Valentine

The fans went nuts when the brackets were published. Pundits were quick to break down the King of the Ring tournament and pick a winner. Inside the April edition of the WWF Magazine, a full page bracket was placed in the middle of the magazine, and the WWF encouraged fans to fill out their own bracket, choosing their winner. A contest was announced that whoever filled out the bracket and mailed it back in, the most accurate bracket winner would be given a front-row seat to Summerslam!

With so many budding superstars and well-known household names, any one of these 16 WWF superstars can walk into Summerslam with a WWF Championship shot. Stay tuned for the airing and recaps of the Round of 16 action!

Current Champions

Hulk Hogan
    Since: 3/24/1991

Past Champions:
    Ultimate Warrior- 4/1/1990-3/24/1991

Bret Hart

Past Champions:
    Mr. Perfect- 11/19/1990-3/24/1991

The Legion of Doom

Past Champions:
    Demolition- 1/19/1991-3/24/1991
    The Hart Foundation- 8/27/1990-1/19/1991

Up Next:

My predictions for the KOTR:

Mr. Perfect
    The Big Boss Man
    Jim Duggan
    Crush
    (Duggan/Barbarian and Crush/Santana seems like the least important matches, so in theory, either guys could win those)

The Undertaker
    The Ultimate Warrior
    IRS
    Ricky Steamboat

Mr. Perfect
    Jim Duggan

The Ultimate Warrior
    IRS

Mr. Perfect
    The Ultimate Warrior

Mr. Perfect - KOTR Winner
    ---

Although, I could also see Ted DiBiase paying his way into going to the finals. The Empire helps him get past The Ultimate Warrior, possibly setting up a Warlord/Warrior match at KOTR, to give Warrior a victory before going on to wrestle The Undertaker at Summerslam in the semi-main event. Then on the PPV, DiBiase pays off The Undertaker (Or whatever is the equivalent of that for Taker) in the quarter finals and pays off IRS in the semi-finals (Possibly joining the Empire?), before going against The Big Boss Man in the finals, where unlike DiBiase, Boss Man has actually had a difficult time reaching the finals.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

Always loved the King of the Ring and I'm excited for this!

Had a look at the brackets and I don't see a favourite that stands out to me so it leaves it open and ultimately interesting. I'm going to pick DiBiase as my winner though and I can see the Empire really playing a massive part in him becoming King and going on to face Hogan for the WWF Championship. The only doubt in my mind is him having such a tough first round draw against Warrior. Hmm.

I guess we will see.

"LET ME IN.."

Banned Helping A Friend

Status
      Country                    Norway

Looking forward to seeing Mr. Perfect winning KOTR and eventually succeeding in dethroning Hogan from his perch.

Indy Talent

Status

Mr. Perfect
    Koko B. Ware

Big Bossman
    The Warlord

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

The Barbarian

Crush
    Tito Santana

The Undertaker
    Texas Tornado

Ultimate Warrior
    Ted Dibiase

IRS
    Tugboat

Ricky Steamboat
    Greg Valentine

Mr. Perfect
    Big Bossman

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
    Crush

The Undertaker
    Ted Dibiase

IRS
    Ricky Steamboat

Mr.Perfect
    "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

Ted Dibiase

Ricky Steamboat

Mr. Perfect
    Ricky Steamboat

Last edited by Bigmc123; 02-19-2018 at 12:00 AM.

Status

Mr. Perfect
    Big Bossman
    "Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
    Crush
    The Undertaker
    Ultimate Warrior
    IRS
    Ricky Steamboat

Perfect
    Warrior
    Undertaker
    Steamboat

Undertaker
    Warrior

Winner: Undertaker

Bold prediction: DiBiase suffers a stunning loss, but helps Taker win the tournament against the man who upset DiBiase, the Warrior... Then DiBiase pays off/bribes Undertaker into "selling" him the title shot...

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

With Wrestlemania 7 in the rear view mirror, a new year is upon us in the WWF. The Spring months have been dubbed “The Proving Grounds” as we inch closer to the next big PPV, Summerslam. With WWF President Jack Tunney’s huge announcement of the King of the Ring tournament with the stipulation that the winner receives an automatic WWF Championship shot at Summerslam, the entire WWF is buzzing. Before we dive into the road to King of the Ring, let’s take a look at the Round of 16 matches for the King of the Ring that took place throughout late-April and early-May.

WWF Superstars of Wrestling- Sunday, April 21, 1991

Mr. Perfect vs. Koko B. Ware
    Looking for a chance to get back into the win column following an upset by the hands of Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 7, Mr. Perfect was fired up going into the KOTR tournament. Knowing this would be one of his only chances at getting his hands on Hulk Hogan and a shot at his WWF Championship, Perfect stepped up his game. Once the announcement was made for the KOTR tournament, Perfect embarked on reuniting with Bobby Heenan as his manager. The two have had an on and off relationship but are now back together. Once Perfect and Heenan were re-united, Heenan began mentioning that a “Family Reunion” was in store. Heenan didn’t specify what that exactly meant, but he told everyone to stay tuned because the reunion would be happening very soon.

The Match: Mr. Perfect dominated the match from bell to bell. Koko had no answer for Perfect’s fast-paced, technically superior offense. Koko attempted to turn the match to his favor and went for a top rope double axe handle but was met with a missile dropkick as he flew through the air. From there, Perfect toyed with Koko until he hit him with the PerfectPlex and the cover.

Mr. Perfect advances to the Quarterfinals

Following the match Heenan grabbed the microphone and told everyone at home at the reunion was about to happen. Just then he pointed towards the aisle way..

AND OUT CAME RICK RUDE!

Perfect smiled from ear to ear as Rude entered the ring. The three men embraced as Heenan said everyone is looking at the future of the WWF! With Rick Rude returning, Bobby Heenan running the show, and Mr. Perfect chasing a title, the team now dubbed “Perfectly Ravishing” is one of the hottest in the WWF. Mr. Perfect has now secured a spot at KOTR in the Quarterfinals.

Crush vs. Tito Santana
    On the heels of a crushing defeat by the hands of the Legion of Doom at Wrestlemania 7, Crush made it clear he wanted to distance himself from Smash. Things came to a head after WWF President Jack Tunney’s reveal of the KOTR bracket, which had Crush in, but left Smash out. Smash took exception to this and when he questioned his tag team partner, Crush responded by drilling him in the head with a massive forearm. Crush then picked up Smash over his head and threw him over the ropes and to the floor! Since the incident in early April, Crush has been on a war path leading up to his Round of 16 match against Tito Santana.

The Match: Tito attempted to use his quickness to his advantage, and at the start of the match his plan payed off. Santana flew through the air with dropkicks and a cross body, but every pinfall attempt Crush threw Santana off of him. Santana went to the well one too many times, and dove off the top turnbuckle with another flying cross body. This time, Crush caught him and hit a huge power slam. Now taking control of the match, Crush was just too powerful for Santana to overcome. With each blow to the head and back sounding like a cinderblock hitting concrete, Crush finished Tito Santana off with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker before covering him for the win!

Crush advances to the Quarterfinals

WWF Superstars of Wrestling- Sunday, April 28, 1991

Big Bossman vs. The Warlord
    The Warlord has been called “the muscle” of The Million Dollar Empire. The only problem is he has come up short on every chance he’s gotten to cement himself in that role. Warlord was put on the hot seat following Wrestlemania 7, when Dibiase told him if he didn’t begin to pull his weight he would look elsewhere for added muscle to The Empire. Dibiase made it very clear if Warlord failed to pick up a win against Bossman here that he would be kicked out of The Empire.

The Match: Warlord took control of the match early, hammering away on Bossman’s head and back. After a vertical suplex hit with maximum force, Warlord nonchalantly pinned Bossman for a 2 count. Our announcing team of Vince McMahon and Gorilla Monsoon say that had Warlord put some effort into his cover, he may have won. Warlord continued the assault with an abdominal stretch followed by a swinging neckbreaker. Instead of covering Bossman, Warlord decided to taunt him by slapping him in the head. This opened the door for Bossman to make a comeback, who used the time Warlord was taunting him as a breather. Flying off the ropes, Bossman came back with a huge shoulder block. Warlord attempted to slide under the ring but Bossman was there waiting for him, and suplexed him back into the ring. Signaling for the end, Bossman lifted up the massive Warlord and delivered the Bossman Slam for the pinfall victory!

Big Bossman advances to the Quarterfinals

Following the match, The Million Dollar Empire made their way down to the ring. Warlord, in the most human and weakest state the WWF has seen him, begged and pleaded with Dibiase to give him a second chance. Dibiase then got on the mic. “Warlord, what I’m building here is an empire that will last. This empire will last not just through the summer, but for years to come. I can’t have weak players or the empire will crumble before it’s even established. I gave you a chance and you failed. We aren’t a pushover group. I’ve formed this group to ensure total domination over the entire WWF. This goes for every prospective member of the Empire, it’s time to make an example.”

Suddenly Crush appeared in the aisle way. Crush nodded at Dibiase before laying waste to The Warlord with punches, kicks, powerslams and a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker. Crush then threw the lifeless Warlord to The Undertaker, who finished him off with a chokeslam. Dibiase and Brother Love then got in on the action, stomping out Warlord until he fell out of the ring and to the floor. Dibiase then picked up the mic once again. “I now bring you the newest member of The Million Dollar Empire- the new ‘mercenary’ of the Empire- Crush!” Crush then shook hands with Ted Dibiase while Dibiase took out a wad of $100 bills from his coat pocket and began counting, before giving Crush the entire handful! Dibiase laughed into the camera as our announcing team said that adding Crush as the “Mercenary of The Empire” meant that Dibiase now has control of both sides of the KOTR bracket, which was his ultimate plan all along.

Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat vs. Greg Valentine
    Following his loss against Ted Dibiase at Wrestlemania 7 under highly questionable circumstances, Ricky Steamboat looked to take his KOTR opportunity to show everyone in the WWF that he belongs squarely in the title picture. Steamboat said that his business with The Million Dollar Empire is far from over, and that he knows what awaits him if he goes deep in the tournament. After picking up numerous wins on WWF programming following Wrestlemania 7, Steamboat set out to take down Greg Valentine in the Round of 16.

The Match: The two men fought for the upper hand early on, wrestling their lockup into the corner. Valentine took the ground and pound approach, connecting with knee strikes and elbows that take Steamboat down to the mat. A chin lock grounded the high flying Steamboat, until he wrestled out of it and hit a suplex. Steamboat then took to his aerial assault, and the fast paced style had Valentine gasping for air. Valentine eventually fought back and gave everything Steamboat had, until Steamboat blocked a suplex attempt and connected with an impressive double underhook powerbomb. Climbing high to the top turnbuckle, Steamboat leaped off with his finishing move the flying cross body and hooked the leg, getting the pinfall!

Ricky Steamboat advances to the Quarterfinals

WWF Superstars of Wrestling- Sunday, May 5, 1991

Irwin R. Schyster vs. Tugboat
    After Wrestlemania 7 Irwin R. Schyster, or IRS for short, made his debut in the WWF. He came out and lectured the crowd about the perils of tax season and that he knew a bunch of members of the WWF as well as the cheating fans in the arena haven’t paid their taxes, and he was coming to collect. Irritating the crowd, they began to boo and a new villain was born in the WWF. IRS picked up a couple of impressive victories leading up to his Round of 16 match against the massive Tugboat, who was looking to get back on track after an ankle injury held him out of action for the better part of 2 months.

The Match: IRS showed off his impressive strength early on in the match, picking up the gigantic Tugboat on more than one occasion and slamming him down. He went to the well one too many times, and attempted another body slam until his back gave out and Tugboat fell right on top of him. Tugboat then took control of the match, throwing IRS hard into the turnbuckles. He followed that up with a huge avalanche splash. Tugboat then delivered a hip toss that saw IRS gain massive air before crashing down to the mat. Looking to end it, Tugboat went for a big splash but IRS moved out of the way. He then waited for Tugboat to get to his feet before hitting him with a flying clothesline, now known as “The Write Off.” IRS hooked the leg and got the 3 count, and now continues his hot debut into the Quarterfinals at King of the Ring.

IRS advances to the Quarterfinals

“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan vs. The Barbarian
    Following a huge win not only for his own career but for the entire United States of America at Wrestlemania 7 against Sgt. Slaughter, Hacksaw Jim Duggan looked to build upon his momentum with a strong showing in the KOTR Tournament. With the crowd behind him 100%, Duggan has been on quite a roll recently. He has attributed his success to feeding off of the crowd during his matches, saying it gives him that motivation to dig a bit deeper and give everything inside of the ring. Duggan is certainly seen as one of the favorites heading into the tournament, but clearly has one of the toughest paths to get there.

The Match: Duggan and Barbarian started off with a test of strength. Barbarian won the test of strength and brought Duggan to his knees. From there, he delivered a crushing knee to the face of Duggan. Taking control of the match from there, Barbarian worked over Duggan’s back with double axe handles, kicks and an abdominal stretch. The crowd began getting behind Duggan, and he responded. Duggan fought out of the abdominal stretch and managed to hit a scoop slam. He began gaining momentum with a diving shoulder block and a headbutt. Duggan then threw Barbarian into the corner and punched him 10 times as the crowd counted along with every punch thrown. Barbarian hit the mat face first, as Duggan got down in his three point stance, signaling for the end. With the crowd behind him, cheering every step of the way Duggan connected with the Three Point Stance Clothesline. He covered Barbarian for the pinfall victory!

“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan advances to the Quarterfinals

WWF Superstars of Wrestling- Sunday, May 12, 1991

Ted Dibiase vs. Ultimate Warrior by Countout
    Ultimate Warrior had vowed to start from the ground up after losing his WWF title to Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania 7. Following the revealing of the brackets, Dibiase attempted to buy out Warrior. On the May 5th edition of Superstars, just one week away from their match, Dibiase even went as far as guaranteeing a place in The Million Dollar Empire for Warrior in exchange for giving Dibiase the Round of 16 win.

Warrior vehemently disagreed with Dibiase’s proposal, laying waste to Dibiase until Crush and The Undertaker made the save, taking down Warrior. After holding his own for a few short minutes, the 3-on-1 attack was too much for Warrior to overcome and The Empire began wearing Warrior out. Crush smashed his head against the ring post, while Undertaker hit a Tombstone Piledriver on the exposed concrete. A few more stomps and punches by Crush softened Warrior up enough for Dibiase to take it from there. Dibiase then locked in the Million Dollar Dream, and Warrior lied on the mat out cold. Dibiase then stuffed a wad of $100 bills into Warrior’s mouth before a team of officials came down to break it all up.

The Match: There was a mid-week update that Ultimate Warrior suffered cracked ribs after the brutal attack, but word was that he would fight through it and compete in the Round of 16 match against Dibiase. Dibiase was out first, with the other Million Dollar Empire members flanking the ring. Noticeably, Crush was absent from The Empire ringside, something that McMahon and Monsoon brought up on commentary, saying he could be up to something in the backstage area. Warrior’s music hit but no one came out. Dibiase strutted around the ring while laughing. McMahon then said there was something going on backstage. The camera’s cut to the dressing room area and all we saw was Warrior being helped by officials to his feet. Warrior screamed that he wanted the match to still go on. Warrior then hobbled helplessly down to the ring and even had trouble getting through the ropes. While Warrior struggled to get into the ring, Crush made his way down the aisle and Virgil handed him another wad of $100 bills.

The referee officially called for the bell and Dibiase pounced on Warrior with knees to the sternum area. Dibiase kicked Warrior down into the corner before Warrior fell out of the ring. Dibiase instructed The Empire to leave Warrior alone and let him be. The referee counted to 10 and awarded Dibiase the Countout victory!

Ted Dibiase advances to the Quarterfinals

Following the match Dibiase and The Empire couldn’t get their hands on Warrior, as another team of medics rushed down and began working on Warrior at ringside. Instead, the walked up the aisle way while dodging garbage being thrown by the fans. McMahon and Monsoon then showed us the bracket and brought up the point that if Undertaker wins later on today, Dibiase and Undertaker will square off in the Quarterfinals, unless Texas Tornado pulls off the upset.

The Undertaker vs. Texas Tornado
    The Undertaker has turned into one of the most dominant and unstoppable forces in the WWF since his debut last November. After picking up a huge Wrestlemania 7 debut victory over the very tough British Bulldog, the sky should be the limit for The Undertaker-unless Ted Dibiase manages a way to manipulate him into being more of a hired hand than a budding superstar. Prior to the match, Sean Mooney caught up with Ted Dibiase. “Mooney, I’m a little tired after that hard fought match with Ultimate Warrior. *lets out his trademark evil laugh* As far as I’m concerned, I am moving on to the next round. Undertaker and I talked about if this scenario played out, and we came to an understanding. Undertaker is a good soldier, and he knows what the main goal is, and I have the utmost confidence, Sean Mooney, that he will follow suit.”

The Match: Tornado came out firing, landing hard right jabs and uppercuts. It did all but nothing except make Undertaker angrier. Undertaker then shot a knee into Tornado’s ribcage that knocked him across the ring. From there, Undertaker began wearing down Tornado with a pressure point choke to his neck. Showing off his athleticism, Undertaker grabbed a hold of Tornado’s arm before hopping to the top turnbuckle. He then walked across the ropes and came down with a massive forearm to Tornado’s head. Undertaker went for a pinfall attempt but Tornado kicked out. Tornado began to gain momentum as he ducked a couple of Undertaker’s punches before hitting a few of his own. Tornado went for the Discuss Punch but Undertaker caught him with his massive hand around his throat before he could land it. Undertaker then lifted Tornado high in the air and hit the chokeslam. Placing each hand of Tornado over one another, Undertaker pinned him for the 3 count.

Undertaker advances to the Quarterfinals

A quick look at the Quarterfinals Bracket:

With the Round of 16 now in the books, the Quarterfinals have taken shape. The King of the Ring Tournament is off and running, but that isn’t all that’s gone on in the world of WWF since Wrestlemania 7. What’s going on with new WWF Champion Hulk Hogan? What is next in the blood feud between Macho Man and Jake Roberts? Who dares to step up to new Tag Team Champions The Legion of Doom? How has Bret Hart adapted to becoming the new Intercontinental Champion? All those questions will be answered shortly. Stay tuned for Part 2 on the Road to the King of the Ring!

Up Next:

Status

Round of 16 review:

--- Heenan + Perfect is excellent and Heenan + Perfect + Rude is just out of this world. Great new alliance to add into the mix who could potentially put on some awesome matches.
    --- The breakup of Crush and Smash was mostly expected. Not much else to add but I hope Crush finds a nice role in this project.
    --- Well that didn't take long. Crush taking Warlord's spot in the Million Dollar Empire is on point. Crush has much more upside and is the safer bet if you're trying to ensure total domination of the WWF.
    --- The way the match with DiBiase and Warrior played out is definitely interesting. It has me thinking Warrior is going to face Taker or Crush at KOTR. If Warrior is going to continue to battle The Empire, he's gonna need some backup. So it'll be interesting to see if that's the case and who he can recruit. It should also be interesting to see how Taker/DiBiase turns out.
    --- All in all the majority of the winners were as expected with Warrior/DiBiase being the only real toss up but still a good entry nonethless. Got things rolling along now I can't wait to see what's next. My picks for the next round are Perfect, Crush, DiBiase and IRS.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I’ve left some rep comments in the past to let you know that I’ve been reading and slowly catching up. Now that I’m up to date, I figured I’d leave some comments on your most recent post…

Mr. Perfect was always squashing Rick Rude in the opener. Now that he has dropped the IC Title, I really am hoping there are big things in his future. Realigning with Heenan and Rick Rude is interesting; I look forward to seeing what happens with these guys in the future.

Can’t really see neither Santana nor Crush doing any real damage in the tournament. However if you do want Crush to hang around as a solid mid carder, this was the right call to make. No issues with who went over really.

Bossman/Warlord is a smart bet as it’s a match between two guys who have legit heat against each other. Coming off a WrestleMania match, this was needed because the other matches so far in the tournament seem like random names thrown together. The big story out of this is probably The Warlord rocky relationship with DiBiase, and that comes to a head after another loss.

Crush joining and that being solely based on Ted now having control of the whole bracket makes sense. I like that move a lot…

I do hope you book the Empire to be strong in the coming months. To be completely honest, I haven’t enjoyed the booking of them so far. It’s a great collection of talent and when the Empire got put together I expected big things, but instead they failed at the Rumble and did semi decent at Mania in matches that didn’t really mean anything. For me to care about the Empire falling apart or failing, they need to be made to look strong first, and that hasn’t happened enough for me as of yet. Hoping you can work on this moving forward.

Ricky Steamboat is playing a substantial role in this thread and Greg Valentine just isn’t. Match result was never in doubt, the right man went over.

A nice debut for IRS, and picking up some early wins, establishing himself as a heel and advancing in the KOTR means he’s off to a good start. I’m curious as to whether he will join DiBiase and the Empire.

Duggan goes over The Barbarian, boy that makes me mad. There is nothing wrong with it in the scheme of booking this thread, more just personal favourite stuff. Here is hoping you do something to make Duggan interesting moving forward.

The KOTR tournament is supposed to be a place for the most promising of talent to fight and break through to make it to the big time. I’m not sure Warrior saying he will start from the ground up is the right way to refer to this tournament.

I did like the heat that DiBiase built with Warrior though. The build up to this match was a real treat. Based off of my previous point regarding The Empire being a little weak, you can probably imagine I’m glad with what happened here. Warrior loses nothing whilst DiBiase gets an easy advance. Great stuff.

Undertaker was always going to win over Tornado, no real comment to make. I’m much more interested in whether he will actually fall in line for DiBiase or not next round. A nice intriguing moment for us to look forward to, good job on booking the bracket that way.

My predictions for the next round are the following:

Mr. Perfect
    Duggan
    DiBiase
    Steamboat

I’ve really enjoyed this thread so far, some really good stuff coming out of it. Outside of the Empire issue I mentioned and seems to be in the process of being resolved, everything else is flowing along really well. Can’t wait to see when you pull the trigger on Hogan/Roberts as a heel Roberts title reign would own. Wonder what’s up with Savage as well…

Looking forward to the next update, keep up the good work.

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

King of the Ring Re: WWF - 1991 and Beyond

The Quarterfinals for the King of the Ring Tournament are set. With the winner getting an automatic WWF Championship shot at Summerslam, this is the biggest Tournament in the history of the WWF. "There can only be 1 King!"

BACK ON TOP/THE BLOOD FEUD CONTINUES
    When Wrestlemania 7 ended, the last image we all saw was Hulk Hogan holding up his newly won WWF Championship along with the American flag. There wasn’t a more patriotic image that sums up the WWF than that one. With the WWF title now around his waist, Hogan knows that he now has the biggest target in the WWF on his back. The first person to fire a shot at Hogan and the WWF title was none other than Sgt. Slaughter. Coming off an embarrassing Wrestlemania 7 that saw him get pinned in under 5 minutes and punched in the face by Willie Nelson, Slaughter started off his post-Wrestlemania 7 looking to gain his momentum back.

On an episode of Superstars, Hulk Hogan was conducting an interview with Gene Okurland in his first appearance as new WWF champion. Hogan thanked the fans for their support, and promised to bring the title to never before seen heights. He was suddenly interrupted by Sgt. Slaughter and The Iron Sheik, who Sgt. Slaughter said was now to be called Col. Mustafa going forward. Slaughter said just like Duggan, Hogan is a phony American who rides the coattails of the military to gain publicity. Hogan denied that and said that it isn’t too late for Slaughter and Mustafa to see this and tag along with Hogan. This just made Slaughter angrier than he already was and he ended up drilling Hogan with a right hand. Slaughter and Mustafa then began beating down the WWF champion until British Bulldog came out and chased the duo off.

From there, Bulldog and Hogan formed an alliance. In a match on PrimeTime Wrestling, Bulldog was going up against Sgt. Slaughter when the match ended in a Disqualification following interference from Col. Mustafa. The duo then began to beat down on Bulldog. Slaughter applied the Camel Clutch while Mustafa hammered away on Bulldog’s face. Hulk Hogan then ran down and made the save, hitting Mustafa with a hard right hand. Slaughter, the coward he is, retreated up the aisle way, leaving Col. Mustafa all by himself inside the ring with both Hogan and Bulldog. Bulldog hoisted Mustafa up and nailed the running power slam while Hogan came crashing down with a leg drop.

On the other side of the spectrum, Jake Roberts and Macho Man were still at each other’s throats following Wrestlemania 7. Roberts was happy with the huge pinfall victory, but wasn’t satisfied because Savage left Wrestlemania walking. The two’s feud became so intense that WWF President Jack Tunney needed to schedule the two to appear on different weeks of shows so that they wouldn’t interact with each other. Tunney’s plan seemed to be working fine until an episode of Superstars in mid-May when Savage was scheduled for singles action against Haku. During the match there was commotion at ringside, where we saw Jake Roberts and Sherri sitting in the front row. Savage finished off the tough opponent with the flying elbow drop, before noticing Roberts and Sherri sitting in the front row. Savage hopped the guard rail and knocked Roberts out of his chair. He dragged Roberts over the guard rail and threw him face first into the ring post. Savage couldn’t do anything else before a host of security guards ran down to separate the two.

WWF President Jack Tunney then appeared on the following week of Superstars with a bombshell announcement. Adding to the already exciting King of the Ring Tournament, Tunney announced a gigantic Six-Man Tag Match for the King of the Ring PPV. He announced that Hulk Hogan, British Bulldog and the Macho Man would team up to take on Sgt. Slaughter, Col. Mustafa and Jake Roberts.

On the final Superstars before King of the Ring, all six men found themselves in the ring at the same time. In a blockbuster match The MegaPowers teamed up once more to take on Haku and The Barbarian. During the match Hogan and Savage clicked just like they did a few short years ago. After Hogan hit Haku with the leg drop, Savage leaped high off the top turnbuckle for the flying elbow drop on Barbarian, the referee simultaneously counted to three. Just as the referee raised Hogan and Savage’s hand, Sgt. Slaughter, Col. Mustafa and Jake Roberts ran down and attacked the two. British Bulldog ran from the back to even up the odds. The six men brawled inside the ring until the trio of Hogan, Bulldog and Savage were too much for the villains, and they ended up retreating up the aisle way. At King of the Ring, one thing is for sure. With the culmination of both feuds conducted inside the same ring, this explosive six-man tag match scheduled for King of the Ring will surely blow the roof off the arena.

THE TARGET ON HIS BACK
    The culmination of all of the hard work, blood, sweat and tears Bret Hart has put into the business paid off at Wrestlemania 7 when he upset reigning Intercontinental Champion Mr. Perfect and won the title. Hart caught Perfect with a Victory Roll to seal the deal, which Hart credits to watching hours and hours of film on Perfect. Following his huge win, the stock of Bret Hart has shot through the roof. Bret Hart stated in an interview with Sean Mooney that he is looking to restore the Intercontinental title and calls himself a “fighting champion.”

Following a big victory over Tito Santana on Superstars, The Mountie took to the mic and challenged Bret Hart for his Intercontinental title. Mountie, who debuted back in early January, took a big loss to British Bulldog at the Royal Rumble. Since then, we have seen a different side of The Mountie. He has racked up win after win in an attempt to get the recognition he believes he deserves. Bret Hart responded on the following week by living up to his “fighting champion” moniker, and accepted Mountie’s challenge.

WWF President Jack Tunney officially announced the match would take place at the King of the Ring PPV. Known for his underhand tactics, The Mountie had a trick up his sleeve once the match was announced. He came out the following week on Superstars and called out Bret Hart, saying he wanted to shake his hand to show a sign of respect to his fellow Canadian. Bret Hart was apprehensive, but decided to come out anyway. Mountie offered out his hand and after speculation, Bret Hart shook it.

The two stared each other down, until Mountie locked his eyes on Bret Hart’s Intercontinental belt. Mountie wouldn’t break the handshake. He brought Hart in closer, while taking his cattle prod out of his holster. He went to shock Hart but Hart was ready for it and drilled Mountie with a left hook before Mountie could use the cattle prod on him. Mountie then quickly exited up the aisle way as Hart chased after him. Hart caught up with Mountie and slammed him hard into the guard rail. Suddenly, Jimmy Hart-Bret Hart’s old manager, raced up behind Hart and shocked him with the cattle prod. Hart fell to the ground instantly. Mountie stomped on Hart until he was down and out. He then picked up Hart’s Intercontinental title and raised it high in the air, while standing with one foot over Hart. Mountie then threw the belt on top of Hart before telling him soon enough, that title will be his.

The Intercontinental championship will take place at King of the Ring, and will certainly be an interesting match. Bret Hart, coming off of the biggest victory of his young singles career can’t get caught in the infamous Wrestlemania Hangover. The Mountie is hungry and a very viable challenger. If Bret Hart doesn’t come prepared, The Mountie could shock Hart the same way Hart shocked Perfect at Wrestlemania 7.

LOOKING FOR REVENGE
    The Nasty Boys weren’t supposed to lose their Wrestlemania debut match against The Rockers-or that’s what they want you to believe. After a back-and-forth contest, The Rockers secured the win and the fame that comes with winning at Wrestlemania. The Nasty Boys, on the other hand, went back to their dressing room and began to drink heavily into the night, stewing over their loss. When asked by Lord Alfred Hayes on their way to the bar following their loss to The Rockers, Knobbs and Saggs said they were going to devise a plan to not only take out The Rockers, but find a way to take down the newly crowned Tag Team champions Legion of Doom.

The Nasty Boys’ plan was unveiled on an episode of Superstars in late April. Knobbs and Saggs were scheduled for a Wrestlemania 7 re-match against The Rockers. Mid-way through the match, when it seemed that Michaels and Jannetty were gaining the upper hand, a commotion in the aisle way led the camera to pick up the massive, 400 pound Earthquake making his way down to the ring. Returning from a broken foot suffered at the Royal Rumble, Earthquake looked nastier than ever as Jimmy Hart jumped up and down, signaling for Earthquake to make his way to ringside. Earthquake climbed into the ring on a mission and tossed the referee aside as if he were swatting at a fly. He then picked up Shawn Michaels and body slammed him to the mat.

Knobbs and Saggs then double teamed Jannetty, smashing his head repeatedly into the mat. The Nasty Boys and Earthquake then began to take turns hammering away on Michaels. Knobbs held Michaels’ arms back while Saggs held his legs in place while Earthquake bounced off the ropes and hit a huge splash onto Michaels. The Nasty Boys weren’t done, as they told Earthquake to do it once more. Earthquake could have ended Michaels’ career with another splash, but was saved when Hawk and Animal came running down the aisle way, chasing the trio of Knobbs, Saggs and Earthquake away. However, the damage caused by Earthquake left Michaels spitting up blood. Further tests ruled Michaels had suffered a bruised sternum, a collapsed lung and a few broken ribs. The WWF Medical team ruled Michaels to be out of action for at least 2-3 months to recover.

The Legion of Doom spoke with Gene Okurland on the following episode of Superstars and said they came to The Rockers aid because as the Tag Team Champions, they are the leaders of the division. They respect Michaels and Jannetty enough that they felt it was right to save them. They said The Nasty Boys and Earthquake now have a bigger problem than The Rockers, they now have to deal with them.

Marty Jannetty, looking for revenge on Earthquake, got even when he interfered in Earthquake’s return match against Greg Valentine on an episode of PrimeTime Wrestling in early May. Earthquake had Valentine dead to rights until Jannetty ran down, hopped up on the top turnbuckle and dropkicked Earthquake right out of the ring, leading to Valentine winning by Countout. Jannetty then dropkicked Jimmy Hart out of the ring for good measure. Earthquake was hot in pursuit of Jannetty as he sprinted up the aisle way when he was met by Hawk and Animal. The presence of the dominant tag team champions stopped Earthquake dead in his tracks. Jimmy Hart, still recovering from the dropkick by Jannetty, pleaded with Earthquake to let this one slide, and eventually Earthquake gave in as he talked trash to LOD as they walked back through the curtain.

After the attacks and interference, WWF President Jack Tunney deemed he had no other choice but to make yet another huge Six-Man Tag Match at King of the Ring. Tunney announced The Legion of Doom will team up with Marty Jannetty to take on The Nasty Boys and Earthquake. With Jannetty’s tag team partner and best friend Shawn Michaels on the sidelines, Jannetty stated that he will dedicate this match to him. The Legion of Doom have stated that as they rule the tag team division, they will look to eliminate The Nasty Boys from ever reaching title contention. The team of Hawk, Animal and Marty Jannetty blends power and brute strength with a speed and aerial assault. The team of The Nasty Boys and Earthquake make up a formidable trio, looking to continue their destructive path moving forward.

KOTR QUARTERFINAL ACTION-BURNING QUESTIONS
    With the Round of 16 in the books, 8 WWF superstars look to etch their names in the history books as being the first man to win the King of the Ring Tournament and receive an automatic bid to fight the WWF Champion at Summerslam. The path for each man is a tough one, as there are no slouches or cinderellas stories. Let’s take a look at the burning questions for each of the 8 superstars:

Mr. Perfect- Is this the beginning of a “perfect” summer? Mr. Perfect landed quickly back on his feet following an upset loss to Bret Hart at Wrestlemania 7. Perfect has gone on record saying the loss was a blessing in disguise. Yes, he lost the Intercontinental title, but in the process freed himself to move onto a bigger opportunity. Perfect’s road to victory, much like everyone else, depends on how much stamina he has in him should he advance past Big Bossman-which is no simple task. If he does get by Bossman, he has another tough matchup in either “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan or “The Million Dollar Mercenary” Crush. Another layer of Mr. Perfect’s success in the tournament relies on help from his buddy, Rick Rude. The two known as “Perfectly Ravishing” re-united and under the tutelage of their manager Bobby Heenan, no one knows how far this pair will go moving forward. If Perfect, Rude and Heenan are all on the same page, Perfect could squeak out a few wins with their help.

Big Bossman- Does he have what it takes to go deep into the tournament? Bossman draws arguably the toughest Quarterfinals matchup in Mr. Perfect. Bossman has been hot lately, picking up a huge Wrestlemania 7 win over The Warlord, the same man he beat to move on in the tournament. Bossman’s stamina will come into question, but his sheer will and determination can help carry him deep into the tournament.

Crush- Will he only fight for the right price? “The Million Dollar Mercenary” as he now likes to be called, Crush made a splash into the singles division following a harsh break up with former partner Smash of Demolition. Crush has arguably the most upside of anyone in the tournament, and hasn’t even begun to tap into the potential he may have down the road. The only problem with Crush at the King of the Ring will be if he is preoccupied with Dibiase paying him to take out guys. If Crush sets aside his “destroy for money” campaign for one night, he could possibly be fighting for the WWF title at Summerslam.

“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan- Can he be stopped? Jim Duggan has enjoyed the past few months as being one of the poster boys for the WWF during their time of crises with the war overseas. Military members have looked up to Duggan and drawn inspiration from him. Duggan, alongside Roddy Piper and Willie Nelson, created one of the most memorable Wrestlemania moments when Nelson decked Sgt. Slaughter. Duggan is hoping to ride the wave of momentum deep into the tournament, where he has as great of a shot of winning as anyone else.

The Undertaker & Ted Dibiase- What type of deal will these two make? The Undertaker has as much, if not more talent than anyone in the tournament. The only problem is he is fighting under the Empire name and draws an intriguing matchup with Empire leader Ted Dibiase. Dibiase has called Undertaker a loyal soldier and a man he trusts with his life. Will Undertaker give in to Dibiase’s deal and allow him to take the victory? Or will Undertaker second guess his place in the Empire and look to take this golden opportunity and run with it?

IRS- Will he come to collect? IRS has made quite a name for himself in the short few weeks he has been with the WWF. His talent inside the ring almost overshadows his tone on the mic. Will IRS, seemingly unknown, put his mat skills to work and take down the ultra-talented Ricky Steamboat? Steamboat has stated that there isn’t much film on IRS, so he doesn’t really know his strengths or weaknesses just yet. IRS looks to ride this momentum deep into the tournament, where he could possibly meet a man he just may be auditing in the near future in Ted Dibiase.

Ricky Steamboat- Will The Empire take him down? The only thing seemingly stopping Steamboat from reaching the finals of the tournament is The Empire. If he is successful in taking down IRS in the Quarterfinals, he could see either The Undertaker or find himself in a Wrestlemania 7 rematch against Ted Dibiase. It is a known fact that Steamboat had the match won had Virgil not interfered. Beating IRS means retribution on The Empire, so Steamboat will be fired up in the Quarterfinals.

This King of the Ring PPV will surely deliver. On top of the tournament itself, we have 2 huge high-profile Six-Man tag matches and an Intercontinental Championship. Call your cable provider today! You don’t want to miss out on this one!

King of the Ring Card:

Tournament Matches:
    Quarterfinals

Mr. Perfect vs. Big Bossman

Crush vs. “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan

Ted Dibiase vs. The Undertaker

IRS vs. Ricky Steamboat

Semi-Finals
    Mr. Perfect/Big Bossman vs. Crush/Jim Duggan

Ted Dibiase/The Undertaker vs. IRS/Ricky Steamboat

Tournament Finals

Non-Tournament Matches:

Six-Man Tag Match
    WWF Champion Hulk Hogan, Macho Man & British Bulldog vs. Sgt. Slaughter, Col. Mustafa & Jake Roberts

Intercontinental Championship
    ©Bret Hart vs. The Mountie

Six-Man Tag Match
    Tag Team Champions The Legion of Doom & Marty Jannetty vs. The Nasty Boys & Earthquake

Up Next:
    Last edited by BattleTank; 02-28-2018 at 11:33 PM.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

So I'm all caught up and I'm enjoying reading along.

No real shocks or surprises in the KOTR tournament and aside from DiBiase/Warrior where there could have been an argument for either winning everything went as expected. Fine with me and looking forward to seeing the next round and coming finals.

Hogan and Slaughter feud is no real surprise and the American Hero vs Anti-American is always something that can be used in any wrestling era so I'm fine with this booking. Bulldog alongside Hogan and Macho is interesting.

Really enjoying the Savage/Roberts developments and them having to be kept apart was pretty cool and added to the situation well.

Pretty good first feud for Bret Hart up against the Mountie. I like the angle and the inclusion of Jimmy Hart makes it interesting and poses Mountie more of a threat to Bret successfully defending his Intercontinental Championship. I fully expect to Bret regain though and continue his reign for a while.

So for me the only negative still remains the Tag Team Division and there really does not seem to be any direction at the moment for me. Having Earthquake return and take out Shawn seems to indicate that the Rockers will soon be splitting and another team is quickly gone from the Division that lacks real depth at the moment if so. If you wanted to go this route, i would have maybe had Jannety be the one out injured and then move Shawn on slowly without him and then have Jannety be jealous when he returns. I guess we'll see what you have planned but another six-man tag match doesn't do a lot for me sadly.

Good job building up the hype for the KOTR matches to come and I'm undecided on who I would like to see win. I think DiBiase would be my choice with help from his stable but at the same time.. King Perfect or the Perfect King would be pretty sweet.

I'll be following on buddy!

"LET ME IN.."

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

King of the Ring Card:

Tournament Matches:
    Quarterfinals

Crush vs. “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan

Ted Dibiase vs. The Undertaker

IRS vs. Ricky Steamboat

Semi-Finals
    Mr. Perfect vs. Jim Duggan

Ted Dibiase vs. Ricky Steamboat

Tournament Final
    Ted DiBiase to beat Duggan in the final. My thoughts are that Perfect is the best in here however he'll get upset by Duggan to prevent a heel/heel final. The Undertaker will play loyal servant for Dibiase in round 1, and then IRS will join The Empire and cost Steamboat in the semi.

Non-Tournament Matches:

Six-Man Tag Match
    WWF Champion Hulk Hogan, Macho Man & British Bulldog vs. Sgt. Slaughter, Col. Mustafa & Jake Roberts
    Honestly, not completely sure how I feel about this match. Coming off a terrible Mania, how in the hell is Slaughter straight into a feud with the WWF Champ? Doesn't make sense to me outside of the whole world war angle. Still, should be a fun match, I expect Slaughter to win and earn a title shot in the future, whilst Savage and Roberts won't be involved in the decision because they will fight again later on.

I think The Mountie is a great first challenge for Bret. Makes heaps of sense to me and the inclusion of Jimmy Hart actually makes you feel like Bret could lose, but he won't. Either way, I've enjoyed this program so far.

Six-Man Tag Match
    Tag Team Champions The Legion of Doom & Marty Jannetty vs. The Nasty Boys & Earthquake
    I don't want The Nasty Boys near those tag titles so hoping they lose. Build up with Shawn being destroyed and what not was pretty good though.

Looking forward to reading the show mate, keep up the good work.

WWF- 1991 And Beyond

Status

King of the Ring Results
    Sunday, June 16, 1991
    The MECCA, Milwaukee, Wisconsin

“THERE CAN ONLY BE 1 KING!”

The WWF logo rises onto our screens in front of a futuristic space background. Next, a logo of the King of the Ring is shown, while we hear Vince McMahon’s voice. Video snippets of all 8 competitors are shown as Vince narrates in the background. “The King of the Ring! 8 men! 1 Crown! These 8 men will need the ultimate endurance to make it all the way, and the grand prize for the winner is a shot at the WWF Championship later on this August at Summerslam! Who has what it takes to go the distance? There may be 8 superstars left in the tournament, but…THERE CAN ONLY BE 1 KIIIIINGGG!”

We cut to a shot of the crowd in a frenzy inside The MECCA, live from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, as we bring to you another WWF production- King of the Ring. We are greeted at ringside by our announcing team of Gorilla Monsoon, Vince McMahon and Bobby Heenan. The trio run down tonight’s card and talk about how grueling tonight will be for the men that are lucky enough to advance. They then speak about our two blockbuster Six-Man Tag Matches, plus Bret Hart defends his Intercontinental title against The Mountie! What a card we have in store for you tonight!

Without further ado, Mr. Perfect’s music hits as the crowd gets to their feet. Bobby Heenan leaves the commentary table and waits for Perfect, who is alongside best friend Rick Rude, as they walk down the aisle way. Heenan greets both men with hugs and handshakes as Perfect hops into the ring, standing on the top turnbuckle with his hands raised. Perfect throws his white towel behind his back and Heenan catches it with one hand. True perfection! Perfect then spits his gum out before swatting it high into the air.

Big Bossman’s music hits as the crowd roars. Bossman comes out with his nightstick in hand, pointing it towards Perfect. Bossman enters the ring as Heenan and Rude exit. Bossman and Perfect have a stare down until the referee separates the two, before inspecting each one’s boots and wrist tape for foreign objects.

King of the Ring Quarterfinals

The bell rings and we are under way here for the first King of the Ring match of the night. Perfect and Bossman lock up, with the sheer strength of Bossman too much for Perfect as he gets backed right into the corner. The referee steps in between the two, telling Bossman to break the hold. He breaks it, but not before delivering a knee to the sternum of Perfect. Bossman grabs Perfect by his long blonde hair and tosses him across the ring, before hitting him with another hard knee to the sternum that knocks Perfect back into the corner. Bossman sends Perfect out of the corner and off the ropes before flying high in the air with a lariat! Perfect hits the mat with a thud before rolling out of the ring. Rude squirts Perfect with a bottle of water while Heenan pats his neck down with the towel as the referee begins his count. Perfect takes his time getting back into the ring, hopping up onto the apron at 8. Using his quick wit, Perfect takes Bossman’s head and leaps off the ropes to the floor while slamming Bossman’s throat off the ropes! Perfect hops back into the ring and goes for a quick cover but only gets 2.

Looking to take control of the match, Perfect picks up Bossman and delivers a vicious uppercut that knocks him back. He then sends the big man off the ropes and executes a perfect dropkick! Perfect then pounces on top of Bossman, drilling him with hard right and left jabs. The referee pulls Perfect off as he waits for Bossman to get up. Perfect goes to scoop slam Bossman but his weight is too much and he blocks it, before picking Perfect up and hitting a vertical suplex. Bossman now goes on the offensive, picking up Perfect and hits a swinging neckbreaker for a near fall. Another clothesline from Bossman knocks Perfect over the ropes and to the floor. Bossman follows him to the outside, slamming his face on the mat. Bossman hops back up on the apron to get into the ring but Perfect trips him up and Bossman hits the side of the ring hard!

Perfect climbs back into the ring and grabs Bossman by the head. Lifting the big man up, Perfect suplexes him back into the ring. Perfect zones in on Bossman’s back, stomping on it before applying an abdominal stretch. With the crowd behind him, Bossman attempts to fight out of it until Perfect lifts him up for a pumphandle slam! Our announcers say what an impressive feat that was from Perfect, lifting the much larger Bossman with ease. Another near fall as Bossman gets his shoulder up after 2! Perfect goes for a clothesline but Bossman ducks and flies off with one of his own. Bossman with a scoop slam and a pummeling elbow drop for a near fall. Signaling for the end, Bossman lifts Perfect up for the Bossman slam but Perfect wiggles out of it and rolls Bossman up, grabbing his tights. 1..2…NO! Bossman still finds a way to kick out. Both men quickly hop to their feet. Bossman goes for a quick clothesline but Perfect ducks, and quickly hooks his leg and arm and delivers the PerfectPlex! Perfect holds the bridge for the 3 count and the victory.

Winner at 9:05- Mr. Perfect- Mr. Perfect Advances to the Semi-Finals

Exhausted, Perfect quickly exits the ring while celebrating with Rick Rude and Bobby Heenan. Heenan pats his neck down with the white towel while Rude pours water over his head. Our announcers say Perfect had his work cut out for him against Bossman, but found a way to pull it out. He will now meet the winner of Crush and Jim Duggan.

Gene Okurland is standing by in the backstage interview area with “The Million Dollar Mercenary” Crush. Crush is alongside Virgil and Brother Love. Okurland asks where Dibiase and The Undertaker are before Brother Love cuts him off. “Wait just a second Brother Gene. It doesn’t matter where Brother Ted and Brother Undertaker are. Just know tonight, The Million Dollar Empire will win the King of the Ring!” Okurland asks which member of The Empire does Brother Love think will win, before Crush cuts both men off. “It’s gonna be Ted Dibiase! As long as the money keeps coming my way, I shut up. I don’t ask questions. My job is to make sure no one in my bracket can stand. And when I make it to the finals, Dibiase has a nice pay day in store for me. It’s time to break some backs!” Crush flexes his massive frame for the cameras as Brother Love smiles while they walk off towards the ring.

Our announcers talk about how Dibiase’s sphere of influence has grown substantially over the course of the past few months. It’s nearly impossible for him to not be King of the Ring tonight!

“Hacksaw” Jim Duggan vs. “The Million Dollar Mercenary” Crush

Crush is out first to a chorus of boos. Brother Love and Virgil head down by the side of Crush, who is primed to do his job of softening up his entire side of the bracket for Dibiase later on in the night. Crush hops into the ring as our announcers clamor over the athleticism and size of this young man. Vince McMahon says he has a bright future if he steers clear of guys like Dibiase. Jim Duggan comes out to a huge reaction. Duggan struts down to the ring with his trusty 2X4 and an American flag. Crush just stands in the ring, staring a hole through Duggan.

The bell rings and the match is on. Duggan goes to charge at Crush but Crush moves out of the way and throws Duggan’s head into the turnbuckle. Crush then hip tosses Duggan half way across the ring. Crush goes on the offensive, stomping out the American hero. Crush picks up Duggan and goes for another hip toss but Duggan blocks it before hammering away on Crush’s face with hard fists. The punches stagger the big man, and Duggan sees his opportunity. Duggan races off the ropes and hits a shoulder block, which brings Crush down to one knee. Once again Duggan runs off the ropes but runs into a spinning heel kick from Crush! Crush with a nonchalant pin for a 2 count. Crush drags Duggan by the hair as he attempts a scoop slam but Duggan delivers sharp elbows to Crush’s back. Duggan with a double leg takedown into a flip pinfall combo for a near fall! Duggan hops right up and hits a clothesline that knocks Crush over the ropes and to the floor!

On the outside Crush regains his composure before taking Duggan’s legs out from under him. Crush then drags Duggan underneath the ropes and to the floor, where he hammers away on him. With unbelievable force, Crush sends Duggan crashing into the ring post. Duggan’s head hits the post with a sickening thud. Crush taunts the crowd by raising his hands high in the air. Crush picks up Duggan’s 2X4 and taunts him as he poses with it before tossing it into the ring. The referee gets to 9 before Crush throws Duggan back into the ring. Crush picks up the 2X4 until Brother Love pleads with him not to use it, because then he will be disqualified. Crush doesn’t want to put it down, but listens to Brother Love who begins to pull hundred dollar bills out of his coat pocket to keep Crush satisfied.

All of these distractions allows Duggan to get back to his feet. Duggan waits for Crush to turn around and hits him with a massive shoulder block! He then lifts Crush high in the air for an atomic drop! The crowd is now behind Duggan as he plays into them. Duggan gets back up to his feet and signals for the Three Point Stance Clothesline, until Brother Love hops up on the apron to distract the referee. Virgil distracts Duggan on the other side of the ring and Crush hammers him with a forearm to the head that knocks him down into the corner. Virgil then slides a pair of brass knuckles to Crush who puts them on. Brother Love is doing his best to keep the referee occupied, as he holds onto him while trying to bribe him with money. Crush goes to punch Duggan with the loaded fist but Duggan ducks and pulls his 2X4 out of nowhere and breaks it over Crush’s back! The 2X4 explodes into 2 pieces. He quickly kicks the pieces underneath the ropes before decking Virgil off the apron and to the floor. The referee turns around to see Duggan waiting for Crush to get up. Crush wobbles to his feet and runs right into the Three Point Stance Clothesline from Duggan! Duggan hooks the leg and gets the 3 count!

Winner at 8:34- “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan-Duggan Advances to the Semi-Finals

The Empire is irate at ringside, as their master plan backfired here. Brother Love stands in astonishment as he knows he will be getting an ass chewing from Dibiase once they get to the back. Crush just wants to get out of the ring, as a giant welt forms across his massive back from the 2X4 shot. Crush limps up the aisle way as Brother Love begins to argue with Virgil. Inside the ring Duggan poses with his American flag and half of his 2X4 as he smiles and shrugs his shoulders. Our announcers talk about The Empire and Dibiase’s chances of winning the tournament just substantially shrunk as they no longer control the top bracket, which will see Mr. Perfect take on Jim Duggan in the Semi-Finals.

We are shown a video montage highlighting Saturday Night’s Main Event- Returning to your television Saturday Night, July 20th, on NBC, from The Boston Garden in Boston, Massachusetts. Tickets are moving quickly so get yours now!

Sean Mooney is in the back with his guest at this time, Ricky Steamboat. Moments away from his Quarterfinals match against IRS, Mooney asks Steamboat how he feels about his match against IRS and a potential re-match in the Semi-Finals against arch-rival Ted Dibiase. “This tournament means everything to me Mooney. Ever since I stepped foot back in the WWF during the Royal Rumble, I felt alive again. The roar of the WWF fans night in and night out makes me realize WWF is the place to be. Now, IRS is a tough opponent and I’m gonna have to pull out all stops to beat him. But when I do, whether it’s Dibiase or Undertaker, I finally get a chance to exact revenge on The Empire. This tournament is mine for the taking, and IRS will feel the fire of the dragon!” Steamboat walks off confidently as Mooney sends it back down to ringside.

Back at ringside IRS is already standing in the middle of the ring with his iron briefcase and a mic. The crowd is booing IRS loudly. IRS attempts to speak. “Now what I want all of you here to do tonight is shut the hell up and let me speak!” This draws ire from the crowd. “So, we’re in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The heartland! This place is supposed to represent the backbone of America, but all I see are a bunch of fat beer guzzling losers! Which is why, in my hand I have a document stating that effective immediately, I am instituting a 25 percent beer tax on every beer bought here tonight! I want all of you….”

IRS is interrupted by Ricky Steamboat’s music as the crowd roars for Steamboat. Steamboat makes his impressive entrance, breathing fire while standing high on the top turnbuckle. Steamboat takes off his dragon outfit and IRS immediately pummels him as the referee calls for the opening bell.

IRS vs. Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat

IRS continues to pummel on Steamboat with kicks and stomps, before Steamboat can even get to his feet to star the match. IRS smashes Steamboat’s head off the turnbuckle and he goes flying back to the mat. IRS stops and soaks in the boos before shouting to Steamboat he is “coming to collect!” He goes for another stomp session but Steamboat kicks him in the midsection before kicking back up to his feet. Steamboat flies off the ropes and leap frogs over IRS. Back off the ropes Steamboat nails a spinning heel kick! IRS falls out of the ring as the crowd cheers for Steamboat. He wastes no time and doesn’t allow IRS to catch a breather as he slingshots himself over the top rope and flies through the air on top of IRS!

Steamboat soaks in the cheers from the crowd before tossing IRS back into the ring. Using his athleticism, Steamboat slingshots back over the ropes and hits a leg drop on IRS for a 2 count. Steamboat keeps up the quick pace with a flurry of offense, including a missile dropkick, and a flying headscissors. IRS is down on the mat as his head is spinning from chasing Steamboat around the ring. Steamboat goes to pick IRS up and IRS quickly pokes Steamboat right in the eye. IRS taunts the crowd before elbowing Steamboat right across the back. Now looking to take control, IRS scoop slams Steamboat and comes down on top of him with an elbow drop. A pinfall attempt nets IRS a 2 count. IRS picks up Steamboat’s head and slams it back onto the mat. Looking to take the pace down a few notches, IRS applies a sleeper hold to Steamboat.

Steamboat’s eyes begin to get groggy as he attempts to fight through the sleeper hold. He gets very close to the ropes but IRS drags him back square in the middle of the ring. Steamboat begins to close his eyes and the referee raises his hand once…twice…thre…NO! Steamboat won’t let his arm down the third time. The crowd begins to get behind Steamboat as he claws at the face of IRS until he finally breaks the hold. Steamboat goes to punch IRS but he ducks and picks him up before hitting a back body drop. IRS lifts Steamboat and sends him into the corner, and follows right behind for a big splash! Steamboat falls back onto the mat as IRS climbs to the middle turnbuckle. IRS goes for a double axe handle but in mid-air Steamboat reverses it into a deep arm drag that sends IRS halfway across the ring! Fighting exhaustion, Steamboat is on one knee looking to get his wind back. IRS stumbles to his feet in the opposite corner, and Steamboat charges at him before hitting him with the Shining Wizard in the corner. Steamboat then lifts IRS over his shoulders and hits a Samoan Drop! Quickly looking to capitalize, Steamboat climbs to the top turnbuckle and waits for IRS to stand. IRS stumbles to his feet and Steamboat leaps off with his finishing move, the Flying Cross Body! Steamboat hooks the leg as the referee counts to three!

Winner at 10:45- Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat- Steamboat Advances to the Semi-Finals

The referee raises Steamboat’s hand as the fans cheer. Steamboat limps out of the ring, holding his head. Disgusted by his loss, IRS rolls out of the ring and grabs his briefcase. He runs up behind Steamboat and drills him in the back of the head! Steamboat instantly hits the aisle way floor as IRS stomps on him a few times before walking off. A team of medics come down to check on Steamboat, who attempts to shake the cobwebs from his head. He is helped to the back as Monsoon and McMahon speculate if Steamboat can continue after taking that blow to the head from IRS’ steel briefcase.

We are shown a video package hyping up our next pay-per-view, Summerslam. Live from the world-famous Madison Square Garden- August 25, 1991! Get your tickets now before it is too late!

We cut to the back where we see Gene Okurland standing outside of a dressing room door that reads “Empire Members Only.” Okurland says he has been knocking and trying to get in for the past few minutes, but there hasn’t been an answer. Suddenly, Ted Dibiase, Virgil and Brother Love all exit the door with serious looks on their faces, with Dibiase looking very nervous. Dibiase looks at Okurland before shrugging him off. “Not now Okurland, scram!” Okurland is persistent and follows The Empire down the hallway. “You want an answer? Here’s your answer. I am the Million Dollar Man and that means everybody’s got a price! Even a dead man!” The Empire storms away as Monsoon and McMahon speculate that maybe Dibiase hasn’t struck a deal with The Undertaker, who was visibly absent from The Empire’s dressing room.

The Undertaker vs. Ted Dibiase

Ted Dibiase’s music hits to the biggest jeers of the night. Out comes Dibiase, Virgil and Brother Love. Dibiase snickers to the crowd before entering the ring and walking over to the corner. Virgil and Brother Love stand in front of Dibiase as he awaits his opponent.

The lights inside The MECCA darken as the gong sounds and the graveyard symphony blasts throughout. Paul Bearer walks out with the urn high in the air. The Undertaker follows and his presence leaves the crowd in awe. Undertaker slowly makes his way down into the ring where he stands still, staring at Dibiase. Undertaker takes off his hat and coat before inching closer to Dibiase, who looks like he’s staring at a ghost. Dibiase says some words to The Undertaker before the referee calls for the bell. Brother Love pulls out a jar of Vaseline and begins rubbing down Dibiase’s face. Undertaker grabs the urn from Paul Bearer. Dibiase moves to the center of the ring, before doing the sign of the cross.

Monsoon and McMahon say they must have made some sort of deal that Undertaker will lose, but he gets to knock out Dibiase in the process. Undertaker stares down at the urn while Dibiase tells him to get it over with already. Undertaker, stares a hole through Dibiase as Dibiase is now getting impatient. He shoves The Undertaker before shouting “just get it over with you big idiot!” Undertaker turns around, staring at the urn, seemingly contemplating going through with Dibiase’s deal. The crowd is at fever pitch yelling at Undertaker to not do it and are behind him 100 percent. Undertaker turns around with the urn and shakes his head no. He begins to give the urn back to Paul Bearer until….

Suddenly The Ultimate Warrior’s music hits! Warrior comes racing down the aisle way. He hops into the ring and goes directly for Dibiase before tackling him to the mat. The referee has no choice but to call for the bell. Due to Warrior attacking Dibiase and not Undertaker, Dibiase will win via disqualification.

Winner at 1:10 via Disqualification- Ted Dibiase- Dibiase Advances to the Semi-Finals

Undertaker immediately pounces on Ultimate Warrior, who seemingly inadvertently ruined Undertaker’s double cross. Undertaker tosses Warrior out of the ring and drills him with vicious rights and lefts. Dibiase takes note that Undertaker is preoccupied with Warrior and he along with Brother Love and Virgil make a run for it up the aisle way and to the back.

We have never seen this side of The Undertaker before! Undertaker lifts Warrior high in the air and drops him face first on the steel guard rail! Showing no remorse, Undertaker lifts the steel ring steps a part, a sign of strength never before seen. WWF President Jack Tunney and a host of other officials rush down to the ringside area looking to plead with The Undertaker. Tunney tries to reason with Undertaker but Undertaker shoves Tunney half way up the aisle way. Undertaker then puts Warrior over his shoulder and delivers a punishing Tombstone Piledriver on the steel ring steps! Security rush out and escort Undertaker to the back as Warrior stumbles to his feet, holding his head.

McMahon and Monsoon attempt to make sense of this whole situation. Originally, they believe Dibiase and Undertaker made a deal that Dibiase would win by Disqualification and advance, but Undertaker got a chance to drill him with the urn, getting some satisfaction out of the deal. As Undertaker was ready to go through with it, he had second thoughts and was about to break the deal, until Ultimate Warrior came out, looking for revenge on Dibiase and disrupted everything. Once Dibiase was awarded the match, Undertaker snapped and destroyed Warrior.

We cut away from the carnage at ringside as we head to Lord Alfred Hayes, who is set up in front of the big bracket board. The semi-finals will conclude later on this evening. Mr. Perfect draws “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan while Ricky Steamboat looks for revenge over Ted Dibiase. Hayes makes mention that Dibiase has never officially broken a sweat other than when he locked eyes with The Undertaker just now., and seems to be the best prepared for the semi-finals.

A video package is shown highlighting the feud between Intercontinental Champion Bret Hart and The Mountie. We see a snippet from Superstars with The Mountie standing over a fallen Bret Hart holding the Intercontinental title high in the air.

Sean Mooney is standing by with Intercontinental Champion Bret Hart. Mooney asks Hart how he’s handling the adversity that he may be facing a “Wrestlemania Hangover” since becoming Intercontinental Champion. “You know Sean Mooney, I’ve heard that phrased being thrown around a lot lately, and I’m not too happy about it. Guys like Mountie, Perfect, they like to shoot their mouths but can’t back it up in the ring. Since Wrestlemania 7 I have proven I am a fighting champion, and tonight will be no different. Mountie, I hope you enjoyed lifting my title high above your head because that’s the closest you will ever come to it again!” Bret taps the Intercontinental title on his shoulder before heading out towards the ringside area.

After we cut from Bret Hart with Sean Mooney we see The Mountie and Jimmy Hart already standing in the ring, soaking in the boos from the fans. Bret Hart’s music hits as the crowd gets to their feet. Bret Hart makes his way down to the ring as he slaps the fans hands. He enters the ring and The Mountie and Jimmy Hart quickly exit the ring. Bret Hart poses with his Intercontinental title on the top turnbuckle as Mountie talks trash from the floor. Eventually Mountie enters the ring and the match is under way!

Hart and Mountie lock up. Hart fights Mountie into the corner before breaking the hold. The reigning champ hits an uppercut on Mountie before delivering some vicious knife edge chops. Bret sends Mountie hard into the opposite turnbuckle and Mountie hits the mat with a thud. Hart applies a chinlock on Mountie. Mountie escapes out of it and puts Hart in a hammerlock. Hart elbows Mountie before turning around and hits a short arm clothesline for a 2 count. Quick to his feet, Hart lifts up Mountie for a gut wrench suplex for a near fall. Hart is in complete control of the match. He whips Mountie into the corner and follows behind with a running knee. He then springs forward and nails a bulldog. He waits for Mountie to stand before hitting a missile dropkick. Mountie gets up and ducks a clothesline attempt from Hart and hits a flying cross body. Mountie quickly attempts to slow the match down with a headlock.

The Mountie draws boos from the fans as he walks around the ring with Hart in a headlock. Hart sends Mountie off the ropes and Mountie flies back with a clothesline. Mountie with an elbow drop for a near fall. Mountie lifts Hart up and hits a vertical suplex. Mountie won’t let go of Hart and uses his strength to lift Hart up once more for a suplex but Bret rolls out of it and connects with a Russian leg sweep. Hart quickly climbs to the top turnbuckle. Jimmy Hart runs up onto the apron and Bret kicks him off and to the floor, but this gives Mountie time to recover. Mountie then throws some jabs at Bret before grabbing a hold of him. Mountie lifts Hart off the top and Hart goes crashing to the mat!

Mountie sees his opportunity and begins to stalk Hart, waiting for him to get to his feet. Mountie begins to mix stomps and punches to Hart’s back. Mountie lifts Hart in the air and connects with a German Suplex! Mountie taunts the crowd before going for the Nerve Hold Sleeper but Hart elbows out of it. Mountie goes for a belly-to-belly suplex but Hart reverses it and hits one of his own! Both men are slow to their feet. Mountie goes for a clothesline but Hart ducks and quickly rolls up Mountie for a near fall. Hart rolls out of the pinfall attempt and hooks Mountie’s legs, setting him up for the Sharpshooter. Jimmy Hart once again hops up on the apron. Hart lets Mountie’s legs go and lunges at Jimmy Hart, grabbing him by his collar. Mountie charges at Bret but he ducks and at the last second Mountie drills Jimmy Hart who goes flying to the floor. Mountie turns around and Bret gets him with a double leg take down. Bret crosses The Mountie’s legs and turns him over, applying The Sharpshooter in the middle of the ring! The Mountie tries to fight out of it but eventually the pain is too much to overcome and he has no choice but to tap!

Winner at 14:21 and STILL Intercontinental Champion- Bret Hart

The referee hands Bret Hart his Intercontinental title as he holds it high in the air. Our announcers comment that The Mountie took Bret Hart to the limit, but in the end, as great champions do, Hart found a way to win. As the camera is set on Monsoon and McMahon, McMahon holds his earpiece and announces he has just found out word that Crush was rushed to the nearest medical facility with a lacerated kidney suffered by the hands of Jim Duggan’s 2X4. McMahon tells us he will have more information as soon as he hears something.

Gene Okurland is with The Legion of Doom and Marty Jannetty, minutes away from the big Six-Man Tag Match. Jannetty is decked out with LOD face paint, his own set of shoulder pads and red tights. Okurland comments on Jannetty’s outfit before saying he is really embracing being an honorary member of LOD for the night. “That’s right Okurland. Any time I get a chance to dress like these two bad dudes, I do it. I’ve said it all along and I’ll say it again tonight, I’m dedicating my performance to my best friend who I know is watching at home-Shawn Michaels. Shawn, when you get back, I know we will be better than ever!” Hawk and Animal pat Jannetty on the back before Animal takes to talking. “Nasty Boys, Earthquake, your days of walking around the WWF hurting guys is long gone! Nasty Boys, you wanted our attention and now you’ve gotten it! And that’s something you don’t want! We’ve heard rumblings you want to challenge us for the tag team titles at Summerslam, well if you make it out of here walking tonight, we will accept your challenge!” Animal looks over at Hawk who grins. “OHHH…WHAT A RUSHHHH!”

Six-Man Tag Team Match
    WWF Tag Team Champions The Legion of Doom & Marty Jannetty vs. The Nasty Boys & Earthquake

The Nasty Boy’s music hits as the crowd begins to boo. Knobbs, Saggs and Earthquake all slowly walk through the curtain, soaking in the boos. Jimmy Hart is dragging behind, holding his neck after falling twice off the apron during the last match. The trio enter the ring and taunt the crowd. The Nasty Boys climb to the top turnbuckles and taunt The Legion of Doom by doing their signature poses.

The Legion of Doom’s music hits as the crowd stands in anticipation. Hawk, Animal and their honorary member for the night-Marty Jannetty all walk through the curtain to a huge ovation. The three men walk with a purpose down to the ring as The Nasty Boys and Earthquake exit. LOD and Jannetty hop into the ring and pose on the turnbuckles, while Hawk and Animal point to the Nasty Boys while telling them their careers are gonna end tonight.

Hawk starts off the match for his team. He shouts over that he wants Knobbs or Saggs, so naturally Earthquake enters the ring. Hawk charges at Earthquake with a barrage of cement block fists that back the big man into the corner. Earthquake fights back with a big elbow to the side of the head of Hawk that knocks him back a step or two. Earthquake runs out of the corner and clotheslines Hawk to the mat. Hawk gets right back up and stares down Earthquake, before tagging in Marty Jannetty who is eagerly waiting for the tag. Jannetty hops over the ropes and dropkicks Earthquake. Earthquake staggers but stays on his feet. Jannetty flies off the ropes, way too fast for Earthquake to keep up before hitting a drop toe hold that knocks the big man down on his face. Jannetty hops over Earthquake and flies off the ropes with a cross body but Earthquake catches him in mid-air. Earthquake parades around the ring with Jannetty but Jannetty grabs a hold of the turnbuckle with his outstretched arms and hangs on for dear life. Animal slaps Jannetty to tag himself in. Animal pounds on Earthquake’s back as he lets go of Jannetty, who climbs up to the top turnbuckle. Animal takes control of Earthquake and turns him around for Jannetty who flies off the top with a dropkick! Earthquake hits the mat as Animal goes for the cover before Knobbs rushes into the ring to break it up.

This brings in Hawk, which in turn brings in Saggs, and the referee has lost control of the match. Animal and Knobbs brawl on one corner as Hawk and Saggs brawl on the other. Hawk and Animal dominate the Nasty Boys and throw both of them into one another. LOD forgot about Earthquake, who double clotheslines both members out of the ring. Earthquake then grabs Jannetty by the hair and pounds on his back. Earthquake picks up Jannetty and tosses him into the corner. Earthquake runs full speed and throws all of his weight into Jannetty, who now sinks into the corner. Earthquake runs again and this time jumps knee first into Jannetty’s face in the corner! Earthquake attempts to pin Jannetty but the referee informs him that he’s not the legal man.

Earthquake doesn’t care and picks Jannetty up once more and slams him to the mat. Suddenly, Hawk jumps off the top turnbuckle with a flying clothesline on Earthquake! Knobbs lunges at Hawk but misses and runs right into a clothesline from Animal. Saggs attempts to clothesline Animal but he ducks and Saggs goes flying over the ropes to the floor. Knobbs, Saggs and Earthquake are all out on the floor.

Hawk and Animal look at Jannetty, who is still shaking the cobwebs from his head. Jannetty nods to them before running off the ropes. Jannetty uses both Hawk and Animal as leverage as they grab a hold of him and toss him as he flips over the top rope and onto everyone on the floor! The crowd goes crazy for the move. Hawk and Animal quickly hop out of the ring and grab a hold of Brian Knobbs. They both slam his head on the mat before tossing him into the ring. During all of this Jimmy Hart is staying as far away as possible, looking to be in a panic on the other side of the ringside area. Animal and Hawk hit a double shoulder block on Knobbs before calling for the end. Animal hoists up Knobbs as Hawk climbs to the top. Hawk stops and points to Jannetty who climbs back into the ring. Jannetty climbs up on the top turnbuckle with Hawk and together they jump off hitting a DOUBLE DOOMSDAY DEVICE! Jimmy Hart quickly grabs Knobbs’ leg and drags him out of the ring. Jimmy Hart gets Saggs and Earthquake together and tells them to head for the back, because they aren’t going down inside the ring tonight. The referee has no choice but to count them out, awarding the victory to the Legion of Doom and Marty Jannetty!

Winners via Countout at 11:55- The Legion of Doom & Marty Jannetty

The Legion of Doom and Marty Jannetty celebrate in the ring, as Hawk and Animal point up to the retreating Nasty Boys that they have unfinished business. Jannetty high fives Hawk and Animal and the three raise each other’s hands inside the ring as the crowd cheers. Our announcers say Jannetty was on fire tonight and really wanted to win the match for his partner, Shawn Michaels, who is surely watching at home while recovering.

We cut to the back where we see The Million Dollar Empire’s dressing room door. Suddenly, IRS walks out with a wad of cash in his hand. Dibiase is heard telling IRS it was a pleasure doing business with him, and that he will call him tomorrow to discuss a possible role in The Empire.

McMahon and Monsoon say they knew IRS had to be involved with Dibiase in some way, and they predict the briefcase shot the head after his match with Steamboat was ordered and paid by The Empire. We now shift our focus to the Semi-Finals of the King of the Ring tournament. A big graphic showing the semi-finals is shown, and right on cue Mr. Perfect’s music hits.

King of the Ring Semi-Finals
    “Hacksaw” Jim Duggan vs. Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect is out once again, alongside his best friend Rick Rude and the man that put the reunion together, Bobby Heenan. Heenan is holding Perfect’s towel while Rude carries a water bottle as the trio walks down to the ring, as our announcers mention that Perfect’s odds of winning the tournament doubled the minute he re-united with Rick Rude and Bobby Heenan. Perfect hops to the top turnbuckle, and spits his gum into the air before swatting it away. Perfect looks like the man right now.

‘Hacksaw” Jim Duggan’s music hits as the fans the cheer. Duggan comes down to the ring with his American flag and half of his 2X4, while the other half broke over Crush’s back earlier in the night. Duggan poses on the top turnbuckle with the American flag as he gives the crowd a thumbs up.

The two start the match with a collar and elbow tie up. Perfect shifts it into a side head lock. Duggan sends Perfect off the ropes and hits a shoulder block. Perfect hits the mat hard but quickly gets back up. Duggan bounces off the ropes and Perfect leapfrogs over him. Duggan flies back and runs right into a spinning heel kick. Perfect quickly puts Duggan in a chinlock as he taunts the crowds. Rude and Heenan applaud from ringside. Perfect spins around Duggan and takes his knee out from behind. Perfect then places his knee into Duggan’s back and stretches his arms back. Perfect finally lets go of the hold and stomps on the back of Duggan’s head before taunting the crowd and Duggan some more.

Perfect lifts Duggan to his feet and Duggan responds with a swift uppercut. Duggan hits another uppercut before nailing a hip toss on Perfect. Duggan off the ropes with a clothesline that flattens Perfect. Duggan gives a thumbs up to the crowd before hitting a scoop slam. Duggan goes for the pin but only gets 2. Duggan then puts Perfect in a headlock. Perfect elbows his way out of it before connecting with a double underhook DDT. Instead of pinning Duggan, Perfect hops up to his feet and waits for Duggan to stand. Once Duggan is on his feet, Perfect charges at Duggan and hits a high knee. Perfect goes for another high knee but Duggan blocks it and hits a belly to belly suplex! Duggan begins to make his comeback.

Duggan bounces Perfect off the ropes and hits a huge back body drop. Perfect goes flying through the air and crashing to the mat. Quick on his in-ring presence, Perfect rolls out of the ring and signals for a timeout. Heenan sets up a chair and begins rubbing Perfect’s back while Rude squirts water over his head. The referee begins his count but Duggan grows impatient and exits the ring. Duggan goes over to Perfect but Rick Rude stands in his way, telling Duggan he doesn’t want to do this. While Duggan and Rude stare each other down, Perfect runs around the opposite side of the ring, sneaking up on Duggan before hitting him in the back of the head with a vicious elbow!

Perfect drags Duggan back into the ring and goes for a cover but only gets 2. Perfect pounds the mat in frustration. Perfect rolls Duggan over and locks in a sleeper hold. Duggan fights and claws his way but Perfect has it locked on so well that Duggan can’t wrestle out of it. Duggan begins to look dazed, but the crowd is in a frenzy for him which gives him the strength to stand up with Perfect on his back before running backwards into the corner. Perfect hits the turnbuckles hard as Duggan gasps for air. Our announcers say Duggan feeds off the crowd and that right there was a prime example. Both men are slow to their feet as Duggan grabs a hold of Perfect and hits a body slam. Duggan lifts Perfect once more to his feet and sends him off the ropes. Duggan ducks but Perfect is two steps ahead and delivers a sunset flip for a near fall!

Perfect gets to his feet and Duggan hits a big boot that sends Perfect flying to the mat. Duggan calls for the crowd to get behind him as he stands in the corner, getting down in his three point stance. Rick Rude swipes at Duggan’s feet, which distracts him. Duggan turns around to confront Rude who puts his hands in the air, telling the referee he didn’t do anything. This gives Perfect the time he needs to get to his feet. He runs over to the corner and bends Duggan over backwards before hitting an inverted DDT! Knowing the end is near, Perfect waits for Duggan to get up before kicking him in the midsection. Perfect locks on to Duggan’s leg and head before delivering the PerfectPlex! The referee counts to 3 and Mr. Perfect is moving on to the King of the Ring Finals!

Winner at 16:34- Mr. Perfect- Mr. Perfect Advances to the Finals

The referee raises Perfect’s arm as he throws it down and quickly scatters from the ring. Perfect celebrates with Rude and Heenan in the aisle way as Heenan looks into the camera before shouting “1 More to go!” Duggan stands in the ring, angry he lost. He points down to Rick Rude as our announcers point out that it was Rude’s distraction that gave Perfect the opportunity to combat a possible Three Point Stance Clothesline. Regardless, Mr. Perfect has won and will face the winner of Ted Dibiase and Ricky Steamboat in the Finals to crown the King of the Ring.

Back on the interview set Sean Mooney is standing by with a very paranoid Ted Dibiase. Dibiase is flanked by Brother Love and Virgil. Mooney asks Dibiase if the deal he made with The Undertaker was seemingly going south before Ultimate Warrior made the save. Dibiase looks at Mooney before fixing Mooney’s tie and jacket. “Let me stop you right there Mooney. Not all deals are perfect. Some have a few hiccups along the way but let me reassure you and everyone else, The Undertaker did what was planned, so let’s leave it at that.” Mooney asks Dibiase if he believes either Undertaker or Warrior will find their way down to the ring for his upcoming matchup against Ricky Steamboat. “I can’t control what that idiot Warrior does, so if he thinks he will cost me tonight, he’s got another thing coming. But, I am sure The Undertaker has left the building. He’s gonna go home, cool off, do whatever dead men do in their spare time, and then he will come back just as before, a big player in The Million Dollar Empire. And as for Ricky Steamboat, I’ve beaten you once before on the grandest stage of them all, and I certainly don’t plan on losing to you here tonight.” Dibiase lets off his trademark laugh, though continues to peak over his shoulder as we go back down to ringside.

King of the Ring Semi-Finals
    Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat vs. Ted Dibiase

Dibiase’s famous music hits first as the crowd erupt in boos. Dibiase makes his way out with Brother Love in front of him, and Virgil bringing up the rear. McMahon and Monsoon make not of Dibiase’s paranoia, and say he has a good reason to be paranoid following the way things went earlier tonight. They say he now may possibly have 2 gigantic problems, adding The Undertaker to the list along with Ultimate Warrior. Dibiase strolls into the ring before barking orders to Brother Love and Virgil to guard the ring.

Ricky Steamboat is out next as the crowd gets to their feet for the fan favorite. Our announcers say Steamboat was checked out after his match with IRS for a possible concussion, but everything came back clear. However, one blow to the head by Dibiase could take Steamboat down, something he is well aware of due to the fact that he paid IRS to do it. Steamboat looks to be on a mission as he walks down into the ring. No fire breathing this time, as Steamboat enters the ring and stares down Dibiase. Dibiase remains focused before laughing in Steamboat’s face.

The bell rings and we are under way. Dibiase offers his hand out to Steamboat. Steamboat looks out to the crowd who tell him not to shake it. Steamboat contemplates shaking his hand before Dibiase slaps him across the face. Steamboat charges at Dibiase and tackles him to the mat, pounding him with rights and lefts. Our announcers say this one may not be the technical masterpiece we witnessed at Wrestlemania 7, because Steamboat is out for blood. Dibiase crawls to the ropes, forcing the referee to make Steamboat settle down. Steamboat gets to his feet and begins to stomp out Dibiase. Virgil pulls Dibiase from the ring as he checks on him. Impatient and out for blood, Steamboat doesn’t wait and slingshots himself over the top rope and on top of both Dibiase and Virgil! Steamboat gets to his feet and soaks in the cheers from the crowd before grabbing a hold of Dibiase.

On a mission, Steamboat throws Dibiase shoulder first into the steel ring steps! He picks Dibiase up and rolls him back into the ring before climbing to the top turnbuckle. Steamboat waits for Dibiase to wobble to his feet before flying off with a top rope missile dropkick! The force sends Dibiase down hard to the mat. Steamboat quickly lifts Dibiase over his head for a Gorilla Press Slam! Steamboat hooks the leg but Dibiase kicks out at 2. Looking to end the match early, Steamboat gets a bit overzealous and climbs back to the top turnbuckle, looking for the flying cross body. As he climbs up, Virgil and Brother Love both grab each of Steamboat’s legs, preventing him from hopping off. This bides some time for Dibiase who distracts the referee by telling him his shoulder popped out and he needs to help him pop it back in. The two-on-one is too much for Steamboat, and eventually Virgil musters enough strength to push Steamboat off the turnbuckle and he falls crotch first on the ropes! Dibiase then turns right around and clotheslines Steamboat who flies crashing to the floor!

Dibiase instructs Virgil and Brother Love to throw Dibiase back into the ring. Virgil rolls Steamboat back into the ring where Dibiase is waiting with kicks and punches to Steamboat’s head. Ricky covers up, protecting his already possibly injured head. Dibiase off the ropes and plants his knee right into the face of Steamboat. Dibiase begins to taunt Steamboat, telling him that he’s the dragon slayer right now. Dibiase gets into Steamboat’s face and makes pretend he is breathing fire….and Steamboat quickly rolls Dibiase up in a small package…1….2…..Thre…NO! At the last possible second Dibiase escapes the small package! Dibiase quickly falls into the ropes to give himself some time to catch his breath. Steamboat goes over to grab Dibiase but he’s waiting for him and slips on the Million Dollar Dream in the center of the ring! Steamboat fights and kicks but Dibiase has it locked in good. Steamboat wrestles his way over to the corner, hops up and kicks off the turnbuckles into a pin attempt for another near fall!

Virgil quickly slides Dibiase a pair of brass knuckles. He quickly turns around and goes to deck Steamboat but he’s waiting for it and ducks before hitting Dibiase with a dropkick and the brass knuckles go flying out of the ring! Virgil and Brother Love quickly hop up on the apron to distract the referee but he has had enough and ejects both Virgil and Brother Love from ringside. Dibiase, irate at the decision, takes his eyes off of Steamboat to plead with the referee and when he turns around Steamboat flies off the top turnbuckle with the Flying Cross Body! Steamboat with the cover. 1…2…3! Steamboat wins!

Winner at 15:09- Ricky Steamboat- Steamboat Advances to the Finals

The referee raises Steamboat’s hand as he is now moving on to the King of the Ring Finals where Mr. Perfect awaits! Dibiase is beyond pissed off as he slams the mat. His entire night has been ruined from the start. First, Crush lost. Then The Undertaker seemingly double-crossed him, he got beat up by the Ultimate Warrior, the last 2 members of The Empire were thrown out of his match, and then he lost! The crowd eats up Dibiase’s frustration as he begins destroying things at ringside. Steamboat walks up the aisle way clutching his head, as McMahon and Monsoon wonder just how much this match took out of Steamboat heading into the finals.

We cut to the back where Sean Mooney is catching up with Bret Hart following his successful title defense earlier on tonight over The Mountie. Mooney asks Bret what’s next in store for Hart and asks who his next challenger might be. “First off, I just want to say….” WHACK! Out of nowhere “The Model” Rick Martel appears on our screen and duffs Bret Hart, sending him to the floor. Mooney scatters out of the way as Martel pummels Hart with rights and lefts. Martel is in a full mount on top of Hart and won’t let up. “Bret Hart, you call yourself a fighting champion huh?” Martel continues with a flurry of fists before finally letting up. “Jack Tunney, you told me my win over Texas Tornado at Wrestlemania 7 would go a long way to determine who Bret Hart’s next challenger would be. Well, it is clear I’ve had to take matters into my own hands. Hey, fighting champion, *Martel stomps on Bret Hart once more for good measure* let’s see if you’re true to your word. I want you and that Intercontinental title next month at Saturday Night’s Main Event!” Martel kicks Hart once more before storming off. Mooney gets down to one knee to check on Bret Hart, who is coughing up blood. Mooney screams for a medic as we cut to a promo for next month’s Saturday Night’s Main Event!

We send it back down to McMahon and Monsoon who talk about what we just witnessed, saying they have never seen this side of “The Model” Rick Martel before. They segway into talking about our next matchup, the huge six-man tag team match. McMahon and Monsoon say there are so many different parts to this match. We have Hogan and Bulldog’s recent problems with Slaughter and Mustafa, and of course, the blood feud that’s been raging since the Royal Rumble between Macho Man and Jake Roberts. We begin to see footage leading up to tonight highlighting our HUGE Six-Man Tag match featuring WWF Champion Hulk Hogan, British Bulldog and Macho Man squaring off against Sgt. Slaughter, Col. Mustafa and Jake Roberts.

Six-Man Tag Team Match
    WWF Champion Hulk Hogan, British Bulldog & Macho Man vs. Sgt. Slaughter, Col. Mustafa & Jake Roberts

Following the footage, back inside the ring Sgt. Slaughter, Col. Mustafa and Jake Roberts are waiting for their opponents. Sherri gives Roberts a pep talk as he slithers down into the corner. British Bulldog’s music hits as the crowd erupts. Bulldog appears from behind the curtain and begins slapping the fans hands. He waits in the center of the aisle…Macho Man’s music hits to a thunderous ovation. Macho Man walks out alongside Miss Elizabeth. He points to the crowd and then locks in on Roberts, who smiles at Macho Man from his corner. WWF Champion Hulk Hogan’s music hits and the roof blows off the arena. Hogan walks out with the WWF title around his waist. He gives high fives to the crowd before shaking Bulldog and Macho Man’s hand. The trio walk with a purpose down to the ring. Slaughter and Mustafa don’t want to wait and hop out of the ring and charge them. Macho Man runs right past them and slides into the ring before pouncing on Roberts. The match is under way and we have sheer pandemonium!

On the outside Hogan and Bulldog battle it out with Slaughter and Mustafa, while in the ring Roberts and Savage beat each other senseless with rights and lefts. Savage tackles Roberts through the middle rope and both men take a nasty spill to the outside. Hogan sends Slaughter into the ring and begins throwing haymakers at Slaughter. On the outside Bulldog sends Mustafa hard into the steel guard rail before soaking in the cheers from the crowd. On the other side of the outside area, Savage and Roberts are still throwing haymakers at each other before Roberts clotheslines Savage over the guard rail and into the fans at ringside! The two begin brawling through the crowd as the cameramen attempt to keep up with the action. Back inside the ring Bulldog and Hogan are now double teaming Slaughter. Mustafa breaks up the double team action with a double axe handle on Hogan.

Miss Elizabeth and Sherri begin to shout at each other, before Sherri charges at Liz and tackles her to the floor. Liz and Sherri embark in a cat fight! A team of WWF officials come down and break up the cat fight, much to the crowd’s dismay. Both women are separated and ushered to the back.

We begin to follow a cameraman as he catches Savage and Roberts still brawling through the crowd, hitting each other with anything they can find. They eventually make it out of the crowd and into the arena hallway. Roberts goes to smash Savage’s head into the wall but Savage reverses it and sends Roberts into the hallway wall and Roberts hits the ground with a thud. Savage then throws him through a door and the two are now fighting outside the arena! Savage sends Roberts into a car parked near the entrance door and he takes off the side mirror of the car! Savage throws Roberts into oncoming traffic in the street and the two are now fighting throughout Downtown Milwaukee!

Back inside the arena, the referee has restored order while Hogan and Mustafa stand in their corners, waiting for a tag. Slaughter and Mustafa have taken control of the match. Slaughter has Bulldog in a sleeper hold. Bulldog fights to stay away. Hogan gets the crowd behind him by stomping his foot. Hogan stretches his arm all the way out and Bulldog reaches over and makes the hot tag to Hogan! Hogan drills Slaughter with rights and lefts, before knocking Mustafa off the apron and to the floor. Bulldog rolls out of the ring and targets Mustafa. Full speed ahead, Bulldog runs at Mustafa and nearly takes his head off with a clothesline! Inside the ring, Slaughter is giving everything he’s got but it is just not enough. Hogan sends him off the ropes and connects with a Big Boot! Off the ropes, Hogan hits the Leg Drop! Cover! 1…2…3!

Winners at 13:36- WWF Champion Hulk Hogan, British Bulldog and Macho Man

Hogan and Bulldog embrace inside the ring as Hogan holds his title up high in the air. We cut back to Downtown Milwaukee and the poor cameraman who has the task of keeping up with Roberts and Savage. They are now in a bar opposite of the arena, with a crowd circled around them. Savage picks up a beer bottle and drills Roberts over the head with it as the bar crowd applauds the action! Savage begins dragging Roberts back across the street and through the arena door. They appear back in the crowd as Savage sends Roberts down a flight of stairs. Roberts rolls down hard and hits his back on the steel guard rail. The crowd is loving every minute of this! Savage climbs back over the guard rail and stands tall as the crowd cheers him on! McMahon and Monsoon try to comprehend what we’ve just witnessed, but the best they can come up with is we all just saw a Milwaukee Melee!

Another promo for Summerslam is shown. Live from the world-famous Madison Square Garden in New York City- August 25, 1991! Get your tickets now before it is too late!

Gene Okurland is standing by with Mr. Perfect just moments before the biggest match of his career. Alongside Rick Rude and Bobby Heenan, Perfect looks like a man locked in. Okurland asks Perfect how he’s feeling right now. “How am I feeling Okurland? Like a million bucks! See, I was built for a night like tonight. I can wrestle with the best of them and I can go all night. Bossman? Easy. Duggan? Piece of cake. Steamboat? Hah. The guy doesn’t even know what planet he’s on right now. And let me take it a step further- Hulk Hogan. Hogan, I hope you’re listening right now, because the only thing I have to say to you is enjoy the next two months with that belt, because when Summerslam is over, you’re going home empty handed!” Rude and Heenan laugh and pat Perfect on the back as we get ready for the King of the Ring Finals!

Back at ringside we see a king’s throne, coat, scepter and crown. McMahon tells us immediately following the Finals, there will be a coronation ceremony crowing the new king of the WWF.

King of the Ring Finals-Winner gets a WWF Championship shot at Summerslam
    Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat vs. Mr. Perfect

Mr. Perfect’s music hits as the crowd gets to their feet. Perfect is on a mission and has only one match left to be crowned King of the Ring. This time down to the ring, no gum swat, no towel toss, just Perfect locked in, knowing this is his chance.

Ricky Steamboat comes out next, and in the same manner as Perfect, no dragon costume, and no fire breathing from the top turnbuckle. Steamboat looks just as locked in as Perfect. The aura in the crowd is second to none, as they know they are about to witness history.

The referee inspects both men’s knee pads and wrist tape before signaling for the bell. Steamboat and Perfect circle around each other as Perfect talks trash to Steamboat. They lock up and Perfect spins around Steamboat, picking him up in the air before slamming him to the mat. Perfect rolls around Steamboat’s back and puts him in a front face lock. Monsoon brings up that these two may be the two of the greatest wrestlers in the world right now. Steamboat sends Perfect off the ropes, and then leapfrogs over him. Steamboat now off the ropes and Perfect hits the deck as Steamboat leaps over him. He bounces back off the ropes and both men stop dead in their tracks, both waiting for one another. The two stare down as the crowd applauds the sequence.

Both men run off the ropes and crisscross each other before Steamboat lands a flying forearm! Perfect quickly exits the ring as Heenan and Rude give him a pep talk. Perfect slides back into the ring and Steamboat goes on the offensive, pummeling Perfect into the corner. Steamboat exposes Perfect’s chest before delivering a blistering knife-edge chop that echoes throughout the arena. Perfect takes Steamboat and puts him in the corner before delivering a knife-edge chop of his own. Perfect quickly hops onto the top turnbuckle and hits blockbuster DDT! Perfect with the first cover of the match gets 2. Perfect slows the pace down with another side chin lock. Steamboat reverses it and delivers a German Suplex! Steamboat goes for a hip toss but Perfect flips out of it before hitting Steamboat with an elbow.

Perfect sends Steamboat off the ropes and hits a clothesline. Steamboat sits up but Perfect quickly flies off the ropes and delivers a dropkick to a sitting Steamboat! Back on his feet Perfect lifts Steamboat high in the air and hits a suplex. Not letting Steamboat breathe, Perfect applies another side chin lock before Steamboat reaches for the ropes and throws Perfect off of him. Steamboat connects with a superkick that sends Perfect into the corner. Steamboat follows him over to the corner and props him up on the top turnbuckle facing outwards before hitting another superkick to his back. Perfect falls forward right into the tree of woe. Steamboat gets a running start and goes to drive his knees into Perfect but at the last second Perfect wills himself up and Steamboat hits the turnbuckles hard. Perfect climbs out of the tree of woe before delivering a few more knife edge chops.

Perfect sets Steamboat up on the top turnbuckle and climbs up with him. Perfect goes for a Superplex but Steamboat blocks it. Perfect with a headbutt. Both men are balancing themselves, standing on the top turnbuckle. Perfect pulls a Frankensteiner out of nowhere but Steamboat won’t rotate and counters in mid-air with a top rope powerbomb! What a reversal! Both men are down on the mat as the crowd cheers on this brilliant display. Steamboat is on his feet first and runs off the ropes, going for a clothesline but Perfect ducks. Steamboat back off the ropes but Perfect is waiting and the two clothesline each other! Both men are back down on the mat. Rude and Heenan pound on the mat from the outside, cheering on Mr. Perfect. The crowd is behind Steamboat. Both men stagger to their feet. Perfect with a right hand. Steamboat with a right hand. The two trade blows until they are both on one knee. Steamboat musters enough energy to hit Perfect square in the jaw with a superkick! Steamboat hooks the leg and gets 2 and a half!

Steamboat doesn’t know what else to do to keep Perfect down for the three count. Steamboat lifts Perfect to his feet before kicking him in his mid-section. Steamboat goes for a suplex but Perfect over rotates to his feet behind Steamboat, before hitting him with an inverted DDT! Perfect with the cover gets 2. Perfect now looks to take control of the match. Perfect hugs onto Steamboat and goes for a belly-to-belly suplex but in mid-air Steamboat drills him with an uppercut! Steamboat senses his opportunity and climbs to the top turnbuckle. He flies off, going for the Flying Cross Body but Perfect moves out of the way and Steamboat crashes face first to the mat. Perfect quickly picks him up in the PerfectPlex position but Steamboat wiggles out and knees Perfect right in the face. The crowd is at fever pitch right now, as both men give it their all here.

Steamboat lifts Perfect up and dumps him face first into the turnbuckle. He lifts Perfect up onto the top turnbuckle and climbs with him. Steamboat locks Perfect’s head and the two fly off as Steamboat nails a SuperPlex! Steamboat with the cover. 1…2……NO! At the last second Perfect kicks out! The crowd nor Steamboat can believe Perfect just kicked out. Steamboat is dumbfounded and thinks quickly on his feet by hitting an arm drag. Steamboat then leaps forward and lands directly on Perfect, putting him in the Dragon Sleeper! Perfect won’t let him fully get the hold and slips his head out before muscling Steamboat into the PerfectPlex position….PERFECTPLEX! BRIDGE! 1…2….3! HE DID IT! MR. PERFECT HAS WON THE KING OF THE RING!

Winner at 22:56 and the 1991 King of the Ring- Mr. Perfect

Rude and Heenan immediately rush the ring to celebrate with Mr. Perfect! They hoist him up on their shoulders and parade him around the ring. McMahon and Monsoon can’t believe that after the beating he took in the match, Mr. Perfect was able to pull it out. We cut to a shot of Steamboat sitting down in the aisle way, exhausted and disappointed. Perfect climbs to the top turnbuckle and holds his arms high in the sky! It is now time for the King of the Ring coronation ceremony!

WWF President Jack Tunney comes down to ringside and puts the big red and purple King’s coat on Perfect. Perfect sits down in the King of the Ring throne as Rude puts the crown on top of his head. Heenan hands Perfect the scepter as Perfect sits in the throne, soaking in his win with a huge smile on his face. Vince McMahon is there with a microphone, and congratulates Perfect. In a strange turn of events, the crowd isn’t as displeased at Perfect winning as everyone thought they would be, and we even hear a large number of cheers. Perfect is quick to put that to bed as he takes the mic.

“I TOLD YOU! I TOLD EVERYONE! What else did I have to do to prove to the world that I am TRULY PERFECT?!? This has been a long time coming, and Hogan, don’t think for a second I will rest on my laurels because at Summerslam I’m coming for you and your WWF title! SOAK IT IN EVERYONE! YOU ARE LOOKING AT THE PERFECT KING!”

Perfect stands and poses for the crowd. “I WANT EVERYONE INSIDE THIS ARENA TO BOW DOWN TO ME!”

Rude and Heenan oblige and get down on one knee, bowing down to Perfect. “YOU TOO MCMAHON! AND YOU TOO TUNNEY! BOWN DOWN NOW! BOW DOWN! EVERYONE HERE BOW DOWN RIGHT NOW!” Begrudgingly, McMahon and Tunney both bow down to Mr. Perfect as some members of the crowd also bow down to Mr. Perfect!

Gorilla Monsoon signs us off after a night of wild twists, turns and excitement. “This is truly the start of The Perfect Summer. Mr. Perfect overcame the odds of this grueling tournament and came out victorious. Awaiting him next is the WWF Championship at Summerslam against the one man he has never beaten-Hulk Hogan. For Vince McMahon, I’m Gorilla Monsoon. From Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Good Night, and God Bless America!”

Credits roll as the first ever King of the Ring Pay-Per-View is in the books. We end the show with the last shot of the night- Mr. Perfect sitting in his king’s throne as all of the WWF officials and most of the crowd bowing down to him.

Indy Talent

Status

Good win by Perfect and I am 1 for 1 so far in the quarterfinals. I like using the size advantage of Bossman vs. Perfect. Henning, Rude, and Perfect can be a deadly force together.

2 for 2 and im loving the PPV so far…good out for Crush with having Duggan using the 2x4 at the end of the match…I like the “Million Dollar Mercenary” CRUSH a lot more than I liked Warlord as the hired hand for the Million Dollar Empire

SNME is coming back…very excited

I like the push that Steamboat is getting and im 3 for 3 as well…which im super excited about if u cant tell… I wonder if IRS is going become a member of the Empire…I liked his run w/ dibiase as Money Inc

This was the match I was most concerned with but still got the result I thought would happen…I liked how you set everything up and am looking forward to a potential Undertaker Face Turn down the road…I wonder if Taker will face any consequences for his actions against Warrior as well as pushing Tunney.

Good strong win by Bret Hart as you continue his push as the IC champion. Looking forward to seeing if you get him into a long term feud or continue to strengthen him with event by event wins

Good little six man match with the right team going over…I like that there wasn’t a clean finish and it can lead to more down the road. I wonder if Shawn will be jeoulous of the success Jannetty is having while he is on the sidelines.

Yes…IRS possibly in the Empire…ill pay my taxes to see that…lol

Mr.Perfect is showing that this will be the Perfect KOTR…and keeping my bracket perfect as well…I said it before but I really enjoy the perfect team you got together…I wonder if u bring in Flair since he signed with WWF in 1991 for that year run

Steamboat going over is a good thing…I was hoping for a beatdown on him to get some sympathy going into the finals but I like both of them being on even footing…I enjoyed that the brass knuckles backfired and it seems the Empire is falling apart…my question going into SNME is will the implosion continue or can Dibiase reboot his empire

Hart vs. Model will be a good match…still makes me wonder if this will be a challenger of the month match or will turn into a feud…Im leaning towards challenger of the month which is good until you build a young heel up..

Hogan winning the six man makes a lot of sense but I feel the main part of the match was Macho vs. Snake…I hope to se them in a gimmick match at summerslam at the Garden

Yesssss…the PERFECT KING…I like that you had him win clean with his finisher…not all Heels have to cheat to get heat and this proves it. I cant remember but I hope Perfect gets a title shot out of this win.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status

I've been looking forward to this, here goes!

King of the Ring Review:

- Good intro and I loved the small details like the Referee inspecting each competitors boots and wrists. Very old school. Our first match of the evening is upon us and it's the Big Bossman vs Mr Perfect. I can't see anything other then a Perfect win but we will see! PerfectPlex and that's all she wrote! Good opening bout and it's the Perfect one that picks up the victory.

- Nice little promo from Crush and Brother Love. Empire are the real threat in this tournament and I can't wait to see how this plays out. Interesting to see that Crush said Ted Dibiase without any hesitation for Undertaker being in the tournament. Interesting.

- Hoooooooooo! Jim Duggan picks up the victory and it's a disastrous start for the Million Dollar Empire. Oh dear Haha! I don't think that's going to go down well and Crush may end up paying the price for failure I feel.

- Strong words from Steamboat, sadly, I can't see him making too much of an impact in this tournament but we'll see. Enjoyed the small promo from IRS and Beer tax was a nice touch.

- Steamboat picks up the win but it's the aftermath that's the talking point and that's not going to do Steamboat's chances of winning this tournament any good at all. Good booking here and it will allow the potential feud to continue.

- Will the dead man have a price? Interested to see how this plays out for sure. Hmm, controversial way out of the Taker/DiBiase situation for me and I'm not sure it will go down well with everyone. Gutted Warrior came down because I'd have loved to have seen how it was going to play out with seemingly Undertaker not taking the deal. 'Taker went crazy on Warrior at the end and this would have been BIG back then in the timeline. So it does wonders for Undertaker and really makes him look unhinged and dangerous.

- Decent match between Hart and the Mountie. Despite the efforts of Jimmy Hart- Bret retains the Championship and that's cool with me.

- Injury update on Crush and it seems like he might be set for a spell on the sidelines. No real loss for me and I would like to see him replaced in the Empire by someone like the Big Bossman which would be cool.

- OHHHHHHHHH, WHAT A RUSH!! Loved that as a boy. Nice promo and it was cool to see Jannetty decked out in the LOD gear, really nice touch. Shout out to Shawn and I'm pretty sure it's going to set up a feud for them when he returns, we will see. LOD and Jannetty picking up the win! No real surprise and it's via count out so Nasty Boys keep some momentum and will head into SS to face Legion of Doom, I assume.

- Yes! Another win for Mr Perfect and I'm starting to think it could happen! Are we going to get King Perfect?!

- Nice promo from DiBiase but I'm not sure he's convincing anyone that the "deal" went as planned Haha!

- Wow, I was wrong! Steamboat has made an impact in the tournament and is now in the finals. Interesting! Big win for the Dragon and despite the numbers game he's done it and has made his way to the finals. Can't see this going down well with DiBiase! It's all gone south tonight for sure.

- Well I guess Bret has found his next challenger and it's Rick Martel. Viscous attack from the Model.

- Damn! This match got absolutely crazy! Savage and Roberts fighting on the street. Elizabeth and Sherri fighting too! Crazy showing in this match but it's the good guys that come out on top. I loved how Savage and Roberts continued their fight after the match and made it back to ringside. Quickly becoming one of my favourite feuds on this forum dude! Keep it coming, really enjoying this rivalry.

- Nice promo from Mr Peferct and it's time for the finals, here we go!

- Awesome! Great finals to end the show and it's MR PERFECT THAT PICKS UP THE VICTORY! Sweet. Happy with this and we have King Perfect! Can't wait to see how he embraces the gimmick and I enjoyed the promo at the end with another warning to Hogan.

Really good show mate! I enjoyed this and I'm happy with the outcome.

"LET ME IN.."

Status

King of the Ring 1991 review -

--- I still love the pairing of Hennig and Rude with Bobby The Brain. Kinda pulling for Mr. Perfect to at least make the Finals.
    --- Nice and direct promo from Crush. I was picturing him looking more like his Kona Crush gimmick. Just to be clear, in this alternate universe, is he still in Demolition mode? Nonetheless… a tad unfortunate he took the loss here. I understand it though, Duggan easily has more star power (although I've never been a fan) and it's probably setting something up down the road. I liked the booking and finish (I'd have to be stretchered out if someone snapped a 2x4 across my back), and I think at the very least, Crush wore Duggan down a good bit.
    --- Glad IRS didn't win, because although he is an effective heel and a legit skilled wrestler, it's nearly impossible for me to take him serious as a World Title contender. Have a feeling since he worked Steamboat over and attacked him after the match, DiBiase might be persuaded to offer him a spot in The Empire.
    --- Nicely done with Taker vs DiBiase. Taker now seems to be a face, but is the Warrior also face or did I miss something? I'm wondering how this is gonna go but like I said, I really like how handled this and just as expected, DiBiase is on to the next round completely unscathed. On a side note, Taker hitting the Tombstone on the steel steps may be the single most violent thing to happen in the WWE at this point. Very cool.
    --- The Mountie was good, but like IRS, the gimmick was always too corny for me to enjoy. He could go in the ring though and it sounds like it was good match between he and Hart.
    --- Damn a lacerated kidney? Sheesh. Seems like that could keep him on the shelf at least a couple weeks.. I wonder what this means for his alliance with The Empire? He did fail to defeat Duggan so I can see him getting kicked to the curb by DiBiase but at the same time it feels like he just joined. Maybe he returns as Kona Crush?
    --- So DiBiase had paid IRS to attack Steamboat earlier? I figured it was just a dick move out of anger that would lead to an alliance, but that's cool too. I hope he ends up with in The Empire because he doesn't really fit in as a singles guy to me.
    --- Thank God Hennig didn't lose to Hacksaw. The mid-match bit with Heenan and Roode coaching him up like he was in between rounds in a boxing match was a very nice touch.
    --- So the status of The Undertaker in The Empire is still up in the air. Very interesting.
    --- Alright, a little surprised that DiBiase missed the Finals but it's for the best because now it will be face vs. heel in the finals, and it will be a great match at that. Someone is gonna pay for DiBiase losing here, that much I am sure of.
    --- Martel getting a shot at Hart at SNME sounds rad. The IC title picture is looking pretty good.
    --- Wow that was a pretty wild six man tag. I can't help but wonder how Roberts vs. Savage is ultimately going to end. It will have to be something huge to top off this heated rivalry. I'm also wondering if Hogan is gonna defend the belt against Slaughter at SNME? That might be decent. Or maybe you'll throw a curveball at us and have Bulldog turn against The Hulkster. That would really be crazy.
    --- Hennig vs. Steamboat was as great as expected and I'm very happy with the result. I am 100000000% behind Hennig becoming WWF Champion, I have no doubt he could have been “the guy” for the WWF in the 90s and you now have the perfect chance to make that happen. Should be an interesting couple of months leading up to SS.
    --- Another great show. The tournament was killer and a worthy first edition. I have to say my only critiques (if you'd even call them that) was the amount of interferences that happened throughout the night, the extreme amount of The Empire that was on the show and some of the spots seemed slightly unrealistic for early 90s WWF. But none of those things are really big deals. And all in all, with a King of the Ring show, you're gonna have certain people who appear a lot throughout the show. I am hoping SNME and SummerSlam have a little more variety in terms of who is featured however. I also can't really tell what's up with Rude. It's probably been covered, I may have just forgotten, but is he injured right now or what? He kinda just seems like a second manager for Hennig, which is cool, but he's a big name that could be great doing his own stuff on the side. Anyways, every match delivered and there are some good stories unfolding and getting started here. A very well booked show that was fun to read. I'd give match of the night to The Mountie vs. Hart or more likely Hennig vs. Steamboat.

Thread Information