Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Recommended Matches: 2018

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: Recommended Matches: 2018

I second that recommendation. Relatively short but it didn't need to go any longer than it did. Some great mat wrestling and striking as well in the match. Nomura looked great in the match being a threat to Hideki Suzuki, getting the edge on him quite a few times in the match. Hideki sold it well, looking panicked and scrambling to get away. I really liked the finish as well. Definite MOTYC.
    Last edited by MC 16; 07-01-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

YES! YES! YES!

Status

I believe I've caught up with mostly everything from June now that I wanted to see so...

Top 10 Matches of June:

Velveteen Dream Vs Ricochet - Takeover Chicago
    Oney and Burch Vs Undisputed Era - Takeover Chicago
    SD Gauntlet Match - SD
    Moustache Mountain Vs Undisputed Era - UK Tournament
    Pete Dunne Vs Zack Gibson - UK Tournament
    Ishimori Vs Takahashi - BOSJ Final
    Ospreay Vs Takahashi - Dominion
    Okada Vs Omega - Dominion
    Darby Vs Walter - Evolve 106
    Fenix Vs Cavernario - CMLL 29/6

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

For real though Ed watch the two big BJW matches If possible (Hideki/Nomura and the Deathmatch title). And Kenou/Sugiura II if you haven't yet, all well worth it.

Best of June:
    1. Taiji Ishimori vs. Hiromu Takahashi - NJPW 6/4
    2. Hideki Suzuki vs. Takuya Nomura - BJW 6/20
    3. King Phoenix vs. Cavernario - CMLL 6/29
    4. Kenny Omega vs. Kazuchika Okada - NJPW Dominion
    5. Darby Allin vs. WALTER - EVOLVE 106
    6. Kenou vs. Takashi Sugiura - NOAH 6/26
    7. Toni Storm vs. Kagetsu - Stardom 6/9
    8. Momo Watanabe vs. Jungle Kyona - Stardom 6/17
    9. Soberano Jr. vs. Titán - CMLL Puebla 6/25
    10. Kazusada Higuchi vs. Shigehiro Irie - DDT 6/24

-
    Moustache Mountain vs. Undisputed Era - WWE UK Tournament
    Oney & Burch vs. Undisputed Era - NXT Takeover Chicago
    Violent Giants & Hikaru Sato vs. Jake Lee, Koji Iwamoto, & Ryoji Sai - AJPW 6/12
    British Strong Style vs. Undisputed Era - WWE UK Tournament
    Io Shirai vs. Hiroyo Matsumoto vs. Meiko Satomura - Fortune Dream 6/14
    Kento Miyahara vs. Dylan James - AJPW 6/14
    Zack Gibson vs. Pete Dunne - WWE UK Tournament
    Hikaru Shida vs. Yoshiko - OZ Academy 6/3
    Ayato Yoshida & Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Takuya Nomura & Toru Sugiura - Fortune Dream 6/14
    Seiki Yoshioka vs. Yusuke Kodama - Wrestle-1 6/13
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

I never like doing my favs rating them, but Omega vs Okada is the best of June and I wanna know Zero your feelings on Storm vs Kagetsu for the Red Belt. I said that it's one of the best Matches Toni ever had in her career, as well as Kagetsu and I'm still upset that we'll never a rematch with these two talented ladies. I'm glad you put Kyona vs Watanabe on there, Momo every Show I loving her more and more as the new Ace of Stardom. Why does Stardom break my heart so much putting Kyona in these spots for a filler role and they never let her built towards something. I remember she had a hell of a Match with Kairi towards the end of her run with Stardom, and then she was back being in the Tag Division with Team Jungle.

Over the weekend I put some time and watch like four Joshi shows that I've had saved on my Laptop, that I never got any free time to see at the time and I have Hikaru Shida vs. Yoshiko from the 6/3 Oz Academy's Show hopefully locked up to watch sometime this week that's if stress doesn't hold me down and I forget to watch it.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

I think working with Kagetsu brought her to Toni's best match ever. Great match and totally agree on Kyona, have for ever and told it to Sonny mysel. I think Jungle's awesome and wish she'd get better. ...apparently I wasn't very convincing.

Shida/Yoshiko was a great moment and good match but fizzled out a bit in the closing stretch.
    C'est Magnifique~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    I think working with Kagetsu brought her to Toni's best match ever. Great match and totally agree on Kyona, have for ever and told it to Sonny mysel. I think Jungle's awesome and wish she'd get better. ...apparently I wasn't very convincing.

Shida/Yoshiko was a great moment and good match but fizzled out a bit in the closing stretch.
    You talked to Sonny woah big business man or what hehe. The Pre-Match Promo with Toni too was great to me, because I've been hard on her for not defending the belt more, but it wasn't her fault it's Rossy's booking of her and he dropped the ball with that after all the momentum he had going into that Title Match with Mayu.

If I ever talked to Rossy I would be talking about how I think Stardom's future is truly bright. I look at the other young talent in Joshi and Stardom has a great crop of young talent that are still young, and getting better everytime I see them. I like their young talent way more than from Ice Ribbon, Sendai Girls or even OZ Academy maybe because it was the first Joshi company I grabbed onto to. I would also be talking about Tam Nakano someone you built to be something after breaking her away from Oedo Tai, and now she's really ain't doing anything even after that DeathMatch she had with Io months. I'm still wondering why didn't Tam win the belts with Mayu instead of Saki.

Real Women of Genius

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

Not seen anyone mention this yet but I really enjoyed Pentagon Dark vs. Matanza Cueto on episode two of the new season of Lucha Underground and the three-way on episode three between Mil Muertes, Fenix and Jerimiah Crane. Both really fun matches I thought.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Alright, got something a bit different from the norm. Fred Yehi vs Eddie Kingston from AAW Take No Prisoners 2018. Terrific match with a nice sense of chaos to the match. Loads of brawling and heavy striking. Nice scrap that lasted around 15 minutes long. Totally recommendable.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Prince Of Joshi

Status

Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Hamuko Hoshi[ICExInfinity Title 6/16 Ice Ribbon Show]
    Tsukasa Fujimoto vs Hiragi Kurumi [ICExInfinity Title 7/8/ Ice Ribbon Show

These two Matches are on my top 20 list right now for 2018 and if anyone is feeling froggy I just might put that second Match for discussion in the Real Women of Genius Thread of mines.

Real Women of Genius

YES! YES! YES!

Status

July Top 10:

Buddy Murphy Vs Mustafa Ali (July 3rd)
    Jay White Vs Juice Robinson (July 7th)
    Undisputed Era Vs Mustache Mountain (July 11th)
    Kenny Omega Vs Tetsuya Naito (July 15th)
    Juice Robinson Vs Tetsuya Naito (July 21st)
    SANADA Vs Zack Sabre Jr (July 21st)
    Tomohiro Ishii Vs Hirooki Goto (July 21st)
    LAX Vs OGz (July 22nd)
    Tomohiro Ishii Vs Kota Ibushi (July 28th)
    Joey Janela Vs David Starr (July 29th)

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Oh yeah, I forgot to post this

Hirooki Goto vs Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW Climax 28 Day Six 21/07)

Kota Ibushi vs Tomohiro Ishii (NJPW G1 Climax 28 Day Ten 28/07)

The Aggression (Katsuhiko Nakajima & Masa Kitamiya) vs. Hideyoshi Kamitani & Takuya Nomura (Riki Choshu Produce Power Hall 2018 ~ Battle Of Another Dimension 10/07)

Big Ben (Ben-K & Big R Shimizu) vs. Tribe Vanguard (BxB Hulk & YAMATO) (Dragon Gate Kobe Pro-Wrestling Festival 2018 22/07)

Kota Ibushi vs SANADA (NJPW G1 Climax 28 Day Eight 26/07)

Kento Miyahara vs Zeus (AJPW Summer Action Series 29/07)

Jay White vs. Juice Robinson (NJPW G1 Special In San Francisco 07/07)

The Undisputed Era (Roddy Strong & Kyle O'Reilly) vs. Moustache Mountain (Tyler Bate & Trent Seven) (WWE NXT 11/07)

Kazuchika Okada vs Zack Sabre Jr. (Strong Style Evolved UK Day 2 01/07)

SANADA vs Hirooki Goto NJPW G1 Climax 28 Day Two 15/07)

Another great month.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Just watched the 18/08 NOAH show. Everything was very good but here is what I most recommend: Go Shiozaki vs Takashi Sugiura - Some may like it, some may not. It depends on how you feel about the style. Me, I can watch a 40 minute match where there is hardly anything but striking but others may find it boring. There is some extra stuff mixed in as well.

Mohammed Yone, Quiet Storm, Akitoshi Saito, Masato Tanaka & Naomichi Marufuji vs. Super New Generation Army (Atsushi Kotoge, Kaito Kiyomiya, Katsuhiko Nakajima, Kenou & Masa Kitamiya) - Awesome match as all elimination matches tend to be. Thought the match was really well booked from who looked great and how the elimination where done.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

I thought all of Zero Hour was great fun before All In; SCU/Briscoes was a really good match and I've not enjoyed a straight Battle Royal as much as that Over Budget Battle Royal ever before I don't think. As for the actual All In show itself. Penta/Omega was like a runaway train, they did way too much and it looked like both guys ate it hard on the package piledrivers (which made me feel a little sick to be honest) but I can kind of forgive them for doing so much when it's unlikely these guys will ever meet again. Love the main event as well, even though it was cut in (more than) half because the match before it over-ran a ridiculous amount.

I've been checking out iMPACT! lately, which is something I said I'd never do again, and I'm behind a couple of episodes but I've been really enjoying it Callihan vs. Fenix (16/08/18) and the Mexican Death Match (23/08/18) were both very enjoyable and well worth checking out if you like Callihan's work and can stomach the idea of a death match that is almost sanitised to WWE levels - a stapler without staples and lego instead of pins/tacks (which I totally fucking marked out for by the way).

As for the WWE shows I watch, last weeks Murphy/Kalisto match was great, Gargano/Dream from this weeks NXT was excellent, and Killer Kelly (I like saying that, but like how Kelly Kelly's music used to start) vs. Meiko Satomura from the MYC was my WWE match of the week personally.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

August Top 10:

Kota Ibushi Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - G1 Finals
    Kazuchika Okada Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi - G1 Block A Finals
    Kenny Omega Vs Tomohiro Ishii - G1
    Darby Allin Vs Matt Riddle - Evolve 110
    Jordan Devlin Vs Walter - OTT Wrestlerama
    Juice Robinson Vs Tomohiro Ishii - OTT Wrestlerama
    Daniel Bryan Vs The Miz - Summerslam
    The Undisputed Era Vs Bate and Seven - Takeover
    Gran Metalik and Lince Dorado Vs Buddy Murphy and Tony Nese - 205 Live
    Mark Haskins Vs Tyler Bate - Progress Chapter 75

Ibushi/Tanahashi and Devlin/Walter are MOTYC for me.

Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey

Status

I'm hearing a lot of buzz on that WALTER/Devlin match. So much so that I'm considering rotating my pivotshare subscription between PROGRESS, RevPro and OTT monthly just so that I'm not missing out on these big matches. I'm also considering wXw because I hear so much good about them too. If I can work it out so I'm checking in with each one quarterly I think that might be good because I certainly cannot afford to subscribe to all at once.

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    I'm hearing a lot of buzz on that WALTER/Devlin match. So much so that I'm considering rotating my pivotshare subscription between PROGRESS, RevPro and OTT monthly just so that I'm not missing out on these big matches. I'm also considering wXw because I hear so much good about them too. If I can work it out so I'm checking in with each one quarterly I think that might be good because I certainly cannot afford to subscribe to all at once.
    I plan on cancelling my Progress sub after Wembley because they've just not be at the races this year for me booking wise, but I know I want to see the big matches from Wembley at least and I don't mind 'supporting' them for their big show that I can't attend.

I haven't watched wXw since May and still pay for the on demand service because I know I'm gonna binge watch the year come October and world tag league and they'll be worth the money again.

OTT though has apparently been the best European promotion this year. I'm only cherry picking matches from them, but whenever I see their cards they've really come a long way since the promotion that was all about Session Moth Martina, random imports nothing else in 2017.

Thread Information