Thread: 90s fighting games appreciation thread

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Argentina

90s fighting games appreciation thread

if you were a kid in the 90s (meaning you're in your late 20s or early 30s) it's safe to say sitles like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, DarkStalkers, Fatal Fury or Samurai Shodown were a part of your childhood, so let's remember some of out favorite stuff from that era...
    Last edited by Ryu Hoshi; 01-21-2018 at 03:03 PM.

People's Champion

Status

Re: 90s fighting games appreciation thread

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Hoshi View Post
    if you were a kid in the 90s (meaning you're in your late 20s or early 30s) it's safe to say sitles like Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, KOF, Tekken, Virtua Fighter, DarkStalkers, Fatal Fury or Samurai Shodown were a part of your childhood, so let's remember some of out favorite stuff from that era...
    Killer Instinct is my favorite fighter ever. Both arcade and SNES.

Mortal Kombat 2 is still a beast of a game. I remember going to the arcade and they had earlier versions of it. It still had bugs and my friends brother would pull off a babality and friendship at the same time and screw the game up.

Great times!!!

I have MK 10 and KI on Steam and i love em. I much prefer the combos system in KI though.
    Here fishy fishy fishy.......

Curtain Jerker

Status

I still play some Killer Instinct on MAME, I always loved the combo system and specially in the case of Jago and Orchid, the execution was so smooth, in contrast to MK which combos I always found harder to connect, except for Armageddown, which had a much more simplified gameplay almost similar to Tekken...

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Even if you're pushing 40 (which I am) you'd remember most of these titles. I've recently been playing a lot of Street Fighter II Turbo on my SNES Classic and it's still a blast. I'm currently playing exclusively as Dhalsim and trying to beat the computer on the hardest level.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five Western Movies~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

People's Champion

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Hoshi View Post
    I still play some Killer Instinct on MAME, I always loved the combo system and specially in the case of Jago and Orchid, the execution was so smooth, in contrast to MK which combos I always found harder to connect, except for Armageddown, which had a much more simplified gameplay almost similar to Tekken...
    Mames amazing. Yeah i agree on MKs combo system. Its pushing the combination of buttons before the frames finish. KI had a smooth combo system. MKs combo system is from SF 2s combo system.

Established Veteran

Status
      Country                    Wales

Does Streets of Rage count in this? I adored that game.
    I have a plan so cunning......

Curtain Jerker

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Does Streets of Rage count in this? I adored that game.
    maybe, I considered beat em ups as fighting games when I was a little kid, Final Fight FTW

THE MAN

Status
      Country                    England

I was never a Street Fighter or Mortal Kombat guy, but Tekken 1-3 was my jam back on the playstation. Yoshimitsu, King, Heihachi, Kazuya, Law, Lei, Phoenix, Jack, fuck man, so many great characters. Obviously I marked out for a character called Eddy being added to the 3rd game. I'd like to think I was practically unbeatable with Hwoarang. After they did the Tag Tournament (which was super fun), I sort of fell out of love with the series. I just grew to want more out of my video games and beat em ups just didn't seem to translate as well over to the newer generations of consoles. Really tempted to take a look at Tekken 7 though from 2017.

I'm never gonna collect Funko Pops, but the closest I've come to it was seeing they released a King from Tekken Funko Pop.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Tekken always have a special place in my heart but the older I’ve gotten, I’ve turned more into a Street Fighter guy. Same thing with Mortal Kombat. I’ve grown to love the last two Kombats and highly prefer them over the old Kombats. I need to play Tekken 7.

I loved Killer Instinct, and I REALLY loved Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters.
    Last edited by Tennessee Nicky; 01-21-2018 at 07:39 PM.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

People's Champion

Status

For those of you who love Killer Instinct

What was the highest ultra you got on the Snes version?

I think i got 46 with Orchid with the three projectiles after the opponent fell.

Obviously the arcade is different. You can get 100 with Orchid

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Why didn't I see this Thread earlier. Yeah I'm a huge fan of Fighting Games especially Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat. I have SF 2 and MK 2 on their Platforms still, that I like to play here and there every few weeks or so. I don't know I just get more enjoyment outta the classics vs the games of today. I can pop in Mario Kart of Mario Party on N64 and have fun with my younger brother so much more in my opinion which is why I don't own any of the new systems at all.

When it comes to MK and Street Fighter I've won tournaments back in the day, some small local stuff, but man they were competitive Matchups. It's even bigger now, they had Conventions for Street Fighter especially where droves of people come and see people play. Here's a funny story I have with MK: one day I was playing the second game vs my Mother and she isn't the Video Game type and I was 5 or 6 at the time, and she beat me and somehow did the button smash for a Fatality. I remember my mouth dropping and not wanting to play anymore the rest of the day

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

Thread Information