Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: WWE Monday Night Raw 25 Live Discussion Thread - January 22nd, 2018

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Re: WWE Monday Night Raw 25 Live Discussion Thread - January 22nd, 2018

I think they dropped the ball on a potential great spot where Vince actually gives Austin a Stunner for once. You could easily just have Austin no-sell it and give Vince a proper one back, but I bet that would get a tremendous pop.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Be The Booker

Status
      Country                    Greece

Highlight of the night - Michael Cole saying, for the Barclay’s main event, as Angle walks to the ring : "GM Kurt Angle taking no chances as he’s followed to the ring by a parade of legends." And just then, the camera shows us Hawkins, who is far from a legend. Timing is everything I guess

There were a few fun moments but with the exception of the opening Austin/McMahons promo there was nothing I will remember in a year from now. I loved Miz winning back the IC Title from Reigns but it makes me worry that Roman will now ruin another Rumble.

Speaking of ruined...I wasn't expecting a 5 star match out of Woken Matt Hardy and Bray Wyatt but man, that was just bad.

Hands down the biggest disappointment of the night goes to The Undertaker's promo. I liked that he went out without his gloves and hat but he didn't really say much other than just tease a retirement which has already been teased since last year's Mania. A shame because if he is going to compete at this year's WrestleMania, this was the best chance to plant the seeds for that match.

Couldn't care less about the DX/Cliq/Balor Club segment. Poor Revival though...

#WC4Horsemen

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I think they dropped the ball on a potential great spot where Vince actually gives Austin a Stunner for once. You could easily just have Austin no-sell it and give Vince a proper one back, but I bet that would get a tremendous pop.
    I don't know if I'd have had him hit it, but Vince doing the kick and setting up for it would have ruled.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Status
      Country                    United States

Just watched the show it was fine for what it was. I haven't read through comments yet, but reading the general internet reaction seems very negative. It's a nostalgia show, those to me never live up to the hype.

The Braun/Matt Hardy match I hope is just the end of this terrible feud.

I know Jim Corrnette didn't watch the show, but his head would explode seeing how The Revival were jobbed out.

THE HEARTBREAK KID

Status
      Country                    Portugal

For pure nostalgia and funny moments it was a good show and I enjoyed it.

I feel like the two shows didn't work production wise and the matches in particular were awful in Manhattan but ah well. Really shocked they threw away the Bray/Hardy match.

The DX/Balor Club segment was really cool and a passing of the torch somewhat was nice. I enjoyed the Austin segment and the APA segments with the various legends and such was pretty cool. MVP was kind of out of place considering he mostly made his name on Smackdown but it was cool seeing him too!

Brother Love got a massive pop and well you know?! huuuhhh?!

Highlight for me was Jericho and Elias, that was absolutely gold. I was legit laughing hard.

Drink the Kool-Aid

Status

I think with the amount of legends they actually listed as attending beforehand, they may have overhyped this show. I was expecting all of these awesome angles but really, outside of the opening segment, we didn't get a hell of a lot. It got to a point where I actually struggled to get through the entire show. Once Miz had reclaimed his gold, I didn't feel the need to continue and I had to finish the show in another sitting.

Status

Anyone who thinks Hardy/Wyatt is terrible is a basic bitch.

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    Anyone who thinks Hardy/Wyatt is terrible is a basic bitch.
    It’s definitely a far cry from why the Broken character was such an avalanche of popularity. A month in and it has already become so one dimensional which was far from what the character was even a week after it was first around. Take away all the props and creative elements to it and leave it to a laugh and a feud with one of the weakest characters around and it’s bound to be seen as terrible in the eyes of many.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Status

I meant the match itself, not the angle. The match was passible. I think it's too easy these days to say anything with Wyatt is "terrible"

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Scotland

I've still got high hopes for the Broken gimmick, hopefully once this thing with Bray is done because fuck Bray Wyatt.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status
      Country                    England

The match was fine I thought. Too short though.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status

The match was a nothing match and in the process pretty underwhelming considering the time taken to build to it. Feels like a weird thing to oddly praise.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Baldwin View Post
    I've still got high hopes for the Broken gimmick, hopefully once this thing with Bray is done because fuck Bray Wyatt.
    Done properly, this storyline could redeem Wyatt because embracing the campy weirdness of Broken Matt is the only way Wyatt's character makes any fucking sense. The guy has magic powers but loses all the time. The character sucks, but put in the role of Broken Matt's mortal enemy in an angle where Hardy has the same control he did in TNA, he'd probably gain a lot more interest like Gallows/Anderson in Southpaw Championship Wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Thread Information