Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 134

Thread: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

  1. #81
    DECADE OF DOOMINANCE~!
    Death Drop Doom's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    9,166
    Rep Power
    158337
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    I'm happy to see Ivory in the Hall of Fame.

    Her storyline with Right to Censor's very underrated.
    "When the song's over, you'll gonna GET THESE HANDS!!!"



  2. #82
    Long Live The King
    RaiZ-R's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,618
    Rep Power
    110840

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Kid Rock though . Although I would be surprised to see him go in ahead of other WWE greats such as Maria Menounos and Flo Rida
    Did Kid Rock ever do anything other than play a song before a Diva's Battle Royal?

    At least Maria and Flo have actually participated in some way that added to the product that wasn't just in a manner to promote themselves; Flo Rida even put Bo Dallas over in a rap battle!

    I genuinely think Machine Gun Kelly deserves a spot more than Kid Rock does; at least he took a power bomb. The celebrity wing gets shit but when you look at the people in it, they all contributed to the product and promoted it as ambassador's to a main stream or different audience. Kid Rock never did that to my memory... Please, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

    ...

    On a more positive note, Ivory is a fantastic addition to the women's wing of the HoF and I'm glad to see her getting in. Here's hoping for an appearance in next years Rumble.

  3. #83
    Sweet Meat
    Dook Gulak's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    54,509
    Rep Power
    435402

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    the lonely road of faith desire video (which is better than my sacrifice, though both are six stars in the tokyo dome) makes him worthy

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  4. #84
    Long Live The King
    RaiZ-R's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,618
    Rep Power
    110840

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    the lonely road of faith desire video (which is better than my sacrifice, though both are six stars in the tokyo dome) makes him worthy
    Unless he edited the damn thing himself, no it doesn't.

  5. #85
    Sweet Meat
    Dook Gulak's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    54,509
    Rep Power
    435402

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Unless he edited the damn thing himself, no it doesn't.
    yep it does, sorry man, them's the facts

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  6. #86

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Kid Rock eurghhh. I spent 10 minutes wracking my brains trying to remember what the Kid wrestler in ECW/WWE was...only to finally remember it was Kid Kash and has no link haha.
    There's a link. Prior to becoming Kid Kash, David Jericho/David Cash was just some jobber who appeared in the WWE and ECW. Changing up his name and fully embracing resembling Kid Kash, down to even using ""Bawitdaba" as his ECW theme song.

    Besides being the full inspiration for one wrestler, Kid Rock has also done the following that hasn't been mentioned yet:

    Provided the main WWE theme song for Stacy Keibler.

    Probably his biggest claim to fame was providing The Undertaker's "American Bad Ass" theme.

    In total, five of Kid Rock's songs were used as PPV themes including Wrestlemania, Survivor Series, and Royal Rumble.

    Finally, he performed at Tribute to the Troops 2012.
    ---

    Considering how it's just the celebrity wing for the HOF, I don't see how Kid Rock is some awful choice.

  7. #87
    Mid-Card Champion
    Lisette's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    614
    Rep Power
    10324
      Country                    Australia

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    I really hope so, William Regal is so great and he deserves to be in.
    Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people.

  8. #88
    Long Live The King
    RaiZ-R's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,618
    Rep Power
    110840

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    There's a link. Prior to becoming Kid Kash, David Jericho/David Cash was just some jobber who appeared in the WWE and ECW. Changing up his name and fully embracing resembling Kid Kash, down to even using ""Bawitdaba" as his ECW theme song.

    Besides being the full inspiration for one wrestler, Kid Rock has also done the following that hasn't been mentioned yet:

    Provided the main WWE theme song for Stacy Keibler.

    Probably his biggest claim to fame was providing The Undertaker's "American Bad Ass" theme.

    In total, five of Kid Rock's songs were used as PPV themes including Wrestlemania, Survivor Series, and Royal Rumble.

    Finally, he performed at Tribute to the Troops 2012.
    ---

    Considering how it's just the celebrity wing for the HOF, I don't see how Kid Rock is some awful choice.
    Every single celebrity in the HoF has participated in an angle or a match. Kid Rock has done literally nothing within the business of wrestling except allow them to pay him for his music, which is his job. How is that HoF worthy?

  9. #89
    Sweet Meat
    Dook Gulak's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    54,509
    Rep Power
    435402

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    There's a link. Prior to becoming Kid Kash, David Jericho/David Cash was just some jobber who appeared in the WWE and ECW. Changing up his name and fully embracing resembling Kid Kash, down to even using ""Bawitdaba" as his ECW theme song.

    Besides being the full inspiration for one wrestler, Kid Rock has also done the following that hasn't been mentioned yet:

    Provided the main WWE theme song for Stacy Keibler.

    Probably his biggest claim to fame was providing The Undertaker's "American Bad Ass" theme.

    In total, five of Kid Rock's songs were used as PPV themes including Wrestlemania, Survivor Series, and Royal Rumble.

    Finally, he performed at Tribute to the Troops 2012.
    ---

    Considering how it's just the celebrity wing for the HOF, I don't see how Kid Rock is some awful choice.
    Can Joe C go in with him for the beat down Edge and Christian gave him, which I may or may not have thought was the reason for his death

    Spoiler:

    I solemnly swear I am up to no good


    Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.



    Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes


  10. #90

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Every single celebrity in the HoF has participated in an angle or a match. Kid Rock has done literally nothing within the business of wrestling except allow them to pay him for his music, which is his job. How is that HoF worthy?
    Well, for one thing, there aren't any qualifications for the main HOF, let alone the celebrity wing. So as far as qualifications go, Kid Rock is just as qualified for the WWE HOF as Steve Austin, Hulk Hogan, or even Koko B. Ware. It just seems silly to me to have a lot of issues with a celebrity wing induction when the person has been involved a good amount music wise, in a variety of ways, for years.

  11. #91
    Rebel Heart

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    30,137
    Rep Power
    673733
      Country                    England

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Kid Rock has done literally nothing within the business of wrestling except allow them to pay him for his music, which is his job. How is that HoF worthy?
    Well not literally when he's been at Wrestlemania and Tribute to the Troops to perform his songs. You make it sound like he's sat on his ass cashing their checks and never been to a wrestling show.

    Also, Jim Johnson has also just allowed WWE to pay for the music he writes and never take part in a wrestling match or an angle, and I'd say he's more than qualified to go into the WWE hall of fame. Music is a huge part of creating the aura of a wrestling superstar, so if this is the start (technically Snoop Dogg was the start - and what wrestling angle was he ever apart of?) of musical acts making it into the celeb wing over people who had 1 crappy match and we start to see the likes of Lemmy get in, then I don't see the big deal.

    idk, the celebrity wing of the criteria-less WWE Hall of Fame is an odd hill to die on. They only put them into the HOF in the first place to get more PR and media attention for the show.

  12. #92
    When the black man talkin
    Shock's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    18,559
    Rep Power
    354146

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Dook Gulak View Post
    the lonely road of faith desire video (which is better than my sacrifice, though both are six stars in the tokyo dome) makes him worthy
    Limp Bizkit for Hall of Fame.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk

  13. #93
    Crotchety Old SMOD

    Fuji Vice's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    The Wing Kong Exchange
    Posts
    25,719
    Rep Power
    549357
      Country                    Canada

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    idk, the celebrity wing of the criteria-less WWE Hall of Fame is an odd hill to die on. They only put them into the HOF in the first place to get more PR and media attention for the show.
    It's an odd hill to die on but the worse part is that anyone would do so in the first place. I cannot believe people can care that much about what celebrity gets inducted that they feel the need to whine about it yet every year someone proves that to be the case.


    Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

    Help decide WC's Fave Five Best Actor Performances~!

    ​​​



    Quote Originally Posted by Swamps
    Get out and kick their ass! Even if its Grandma!








  14. #94
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    44,864
    Rep Power
    691017
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    I don’t gave any problem with Kid Rock as the celebrity inductee. It just makes me think McMahon has the worst iPod of all time that he’s been such a big super fan of the guy even today. Also says a lot about the company.

    McMahon: “No one does Nawlins Rock like Detroit born Kid Rock!”
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

  15. #95
    Jiggy's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Tampa, Fl
    Posts
    5,019
    Rep Power
    350470

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I don’t gave any problem with Kid Rock as the celebrity inductee. It just makes me think McMahon has the worst iPod of all time that he’s been such a big super fan of the guy even today. Also says a lot about the company.

    McMahon: “No one does Nawlins Rock like Detroit born Kid Rock!”
    McMahon's Spotify playlist is loaded with Kid Rock, Flo Rida, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Snoop Dog, that RAW theme from Nickelback like 8 different times and an acoustic rendition of "Let the bodies hit the floor" that he intended to use in a Undertaker promo package but just never got around to.




  16. #96
    Ỹ̸̨̛̫̞͐̊U̵̘̽Ṙ̸̨̤̌͜͠I ̶͋͂
    Grim's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sleepy Eye, Minnesota
    Posts
    4,701
    Rep Power
    85702
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    I'm not too mad about Kid Rock going in to be honest. It's not like the Celeb wing means anything.

  17. #97
    Booty For HOF

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Midgar
    Posts
    5,821
    Rep Power
    84236
      Country                    United States

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Shock View Post
    Limp Bizkit for Hall of Fame.

    Sent from my Moto E (4) Plus using Tapatalk
    Off topic, I listened to a Bruce Prichard pod cast a while back, and he did a hilarious Vince impression. "Lets get that Limp Muffin guy to sing it"!
    Keeping the candle burning for Carl

  18. #98
    Long Live The King
    RaiZ-R's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,618
    Rep Power
    110840

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Well not literally when he's been at Wrestlemania and Tribute to the Troops to perform his songs. You make it sound like he's sat on his ass cashing their checks and never been to a wrestling show.

    Also, Jim Johnson has also just allowed WWE to pay for the music he writes and never take part in a wrestling match or an angle, and I'd say he's more than qualified to go into the WWE hall of fame. Music is a huge part of creating the aura of a wrestling superstar, so if this is the start (technically Snoop Dogg was the start - and what wrestling angle was he ever apart of?) of musical acts making it into the celeb wing over people who had 1 crappy match and we start to see the likes of Lemmy get in, then I don't see the big deal.

    idk, the celebrity wing of the criteria-less WWE Hall of Fame is an odd hill to die on. They only put them into the HOF in the first place to get more PR and media attention for the show.
    I'm not on a hill, nor do I intend to die on it, I just think Kid Rock is a shit choice. I used to get pissy about the HoF but I realised it doesn't matter. I also moved the goal posts slightly and looked at who was in the celebrity wing and their connections to the wrestling industry. Kid Rock getting in for letting them use his music and playing at a couple of shows is one step away from random celebrity A being inducted because they were once photographed wearing one of those Andre OBEY shirts. The Hall of Fame may not have any official criteria but I think we can all agree that everyone in it has in some way contributed to the business; Bob Ritchie has done bugger all for the business of wrestling and is entirely irrelevant in 2018 so will bring zero eyes to the ceremony so that's the PR and mainstream media attention wasted. If you're inducting someone for the attention they'll bring to the product, at least induct someone who's done something noteworthy in the last decade. Other than teasing a run for president because 'Murica, he's done nothing that got the attention of the mainstream media in years.

    I have several memories of Snoop in a WWE ring, though I honestly can't remember what for. I have none of Kid Rock.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I don’t gave any problem with Kid Rock as the celebrity inductee. It just makes me think McMahon has the worst iPod of all time that he’s been such a big super fan of the guy even today. Also says a lot about the company.

    McMahon: “No one does Nawlins Rock like Detroit born Kid Rock!”
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiggy View Post
    McMahon's Spotify playlist is loaded with Kid Rock, Flo Rida, Papa Roach, Limp Bizkit, Snoop Dog, that RAW theme from Nickelback like 8 different times and an acoustic rendition of "Let the bodies hit the floor" that he intended to use in a Undertaker promo package but just never got around to.
    iPod? Spotify? Vince is still struggling to adapt to the idea of those CD players that hold multiple disc's. My idea of Vince with an iPod is very similar to Ron Swanson in Parks & Rec when Tom sorts him one out, only less sweet and adorable and more gruff and boisterous.

  19. #99
    The Maverick
    MitchMiser's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    4,777
    Rep Power
    209481
      Country                    Canada

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    iPod? Spotify? Vince is still struggling to adapt to the idea of those CD players that hold multiple disc's. My idea of Vince with an iPod is very similar to Ron Swanson in Parks & Rec when Tom sorts him one out, only less sweet and adorable and more gruff and boisterous.
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : I have a good friend that lives near Seattle. He says I should come visit sometime but that is like the exact opposite side of the country from me.
    [07:31 PM] Jon Snow
    : theyve got planes for that
    [07:31 PM] Stonewall Dakson
    : And those cost lots of money
    [07:32 PM] Jim
    : send yourself in a box without any holes with the USPS. Best case scenario, you get cheap traveling, worst case, you're gone forever
    [10:00 PM] Kairi HoHo
    : Jerk it in my honor Dak bye.
    [06:18 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Guys, I am going to see President Trump tomorrow.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : He's holding a rally in the town I live in. Gonna skip outta work and go.
    [06:19 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : Not the town I live in, the town I work in.
    [06:19 PM]RecyCocks
    : You should bring TGR with you
    [06:20 PM]Stonewall Dakson
    : If I was taking a long walk off a short pier I would gladly bring TGR with me.
    [11:40 PM]
    Kairi HoHo
    : Pretty sure I said I would go gay for Ryan Gosling just saying lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I'll be fine Daddy.
    BS Mafia 4 Lyfe: Dakstang Dook Duke HoHo Punk Wolf CocksDynamite Creeping Death Swamps

  20. #100

    Re: 2018 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductees Announcement Thread

    I feel like if McMahon is somewhat up to date with a new technology, he's like Ron Swanson where someone has to be the one to get him it and teach him how to use the "Rectangle".

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •