Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Paige's In Ring Career Is Over

Be Prepared For Hell

Status

Re: Paige's In Ring Career Is Over

Shame for her especially at such a young age. Hopefully this has been misreported but sounds likes she's still stuck in the Woods.

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

This really, really sucks. I hope that she's got friends around her right now because this is the exact kind of thing and the exact kind of timing that could lead to a relapse and that would only make things worse. People are comparing this to Edge's injury in a "one more bump and you might die" way, so I don't see her getting in the ring ever again if that's the case, regardless of where she's working.

When the black man talkin

Status

Paige's career is one of the most fascinating wrestling careers ever. In a short amount of time had many highs and lows, and she's had more of an impact on wrestling than most wrestlers ever have - for all the reasons Ed posted.

Cheese!

Status
      Country                    New Zealand

I've never been a fan of Paige, but thats absolutely terrible. You look back at everything she's gone through in the past year and a half or so and she got through it all mentally and physically returned to the ring and then has her entire career taken away from her at 25 because of someone else's recklessness and stupidity.

Thanks to Jabberwocky for the amazing Gabrielle gif

Polo Promotions

Status

So fucking sad, I mean she was really THE wrestler that got me to take women's wrestling seriously, with her matches with Emma and Charlotte in NXT. I assume Sasha is gonna have a LOT of heat, especially the timing of her (Paige's) retirement.

Polo Promotions! ​Get Tae Fuck!

Sweet Meat

Status

Sasha won't have heat for hitting someone in a place they're told and trained is safe (before neck issues obvs) in a spot they did the night before. It will be accepted as a sad thing, but she won't get heat over it.

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

VINTAGE POSTER!

Status

Sasha's getting heat from certain fans over it. It's bullshit and it's stupid but it's happening.

Sweet Meat

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    Sasha's getting heat from certain fans over it. It's bullshit and it's stupid but it's happening.
    Ah, yeah, I was referring to heat from those in the business, not some stans. Yeah, people are dumb. Good point.

Spoiler:

I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

tbh, I expect nothing less from Paige stans. They are a weird bunch.

Cheese!

Status

People need to culpable for their actions though. Just ignoring it never solves anything. Maybe Sasha needs to think about not mule kicking someone in the back of the neck when they've just returned from a neck injury. People not having to take accountability/responsibility for their actions is one of the problems with the world today. You mess up and you should be chewed out for it, or at least told what to do next time.

When Byaley did the same spot with Paige she clearly performed it safely and didn't stiff her.

Sweet Meat

Status

Stiff shots happen. It's fucking pro wrestling. I know you're you, so you'll always have an outlandish take like this, but seriously, this is what happens in wrestling. It is unfortunate, but Sasha did a move that's been done. Was it stiffer than it should have been? Maybe. Or maybe Paige shouldn't have been wrestling. Maybe the same thing would have happened if she took a bump after.

Accidents happen, stiff shots happen. There isn't a need to be accountable. Shit happened. If she's fucking people up night in and night out, maybe there's a problem. But that isn't the case. Pro wrestling is what it is. Also, Sasha performed the move safely. It was in a safe spot for anyone who doesn't have a bad neck. The spot shouldn't happen with Paige probably, but it isn't like Sasha kicked her in the lower spine.

Spoiler:

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    People need to culpable for their actions though. Just ignoring it never solves anything. Maybe Sasha needs to think about not mule kicking someone in the back of the neck when they've just returned from a neck injury. People not having to take accountability/responsibility for their actions is one of the problems with the world today. You mess up and you should be chewed out for it, or at least told what to do next time.

When Byaley did the same spot with Paige she clearly performed it safely and didn't stiff her.
    Nah that's bullshit.

Wrestling is tough on the body and injuries can happen out of nowhere. Sasha would have performed the exact same move hundreds of times in many different circumstances and it was fine, this was nothing more than an unfortunate thing to happen. Paige's neck could have given way at any stage via any move from any bump (didn't even need to happen in a match), it just so happened to come during a match with Sasha on that night.

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

When Sasha usually does a dumb and dangerous sequence, she’s usually setting up to hurt herself more (if I learned anything from the Charlotte feud and her doing those double knees all the time), so I don’t think this is leading into a problem we need to crucify her on because I don’t think she’s been much of a liability to others, just herself.

I’m fully on board with Dook’s post. It’s just really fucking unfortunate. It’s really unfair to give Sasha hell because she’s not one hundred percent the reason this all happened. Accidents happen and we can’t always look for a target of accountability to comfort ourselves.
    -------
    [07:37 PM] Shake: I am obsessed with Nicky its true
    People Obsessed With Nicky: RainShaker, indyfan
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!

FUCK FACE

Status
      Country                    England

WWE's agents and medical should be held more accountable than Sasha. This is the same team that mishandled Emma's back injury. Either she shouldn't of been wrestling in so many live events, or the agents should of protected the amount/type of bumps she was supposed to take.

That isn't to say Sasha isn't sloppy...because she is. She really could of injured Bliss multiple times at Great Balls of Fire. In this situation, I don't really see a need to blame her.

Cheese!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Nah that's bullshit.

Wrestling is tough on the body and injuries can happen out of nowhere. Sasha would have performed the exact same move hundreds of times in many different circumstances and it was fine, this was nothing more than an unfortunate thing to happen. Paige's neck could have given way at any stage via any move from any bump (didn't even need to happen in a match), it just so happened to come during a match with Sasha on that night.
    By this notion if you are out hunting and accidentally shoot someone its nothing and everyone just moves on like nothing happens. Accidents happen, but people still need to take accountability.

Putting accountability/blame on Sasha doesn't mean its not an accident. It is. She didn't intend to injure Paige but thats the end result of her actions. And maybe stiffing someone in the back who had just returned from a neck injury isn't the smartest move. Bayley performed the same spot with Paige perfectly fine because she didn't stiff her. Paige's neck issues played a part in this, and ultimately its just very unfortunate, but its something that happened as a direct result of Sasha stiffing someone in the neck.

To use a completely off topic example. The apprentice at work shot himself in the thumb with a nail gun on Friday. Going off the logic of "you cant blame Sasha at all" the rest of us just ignore it and dont point out to him what he did wrong to shoot himself, so he doesn't put his hand right in front of the nailgun when nailing something close to the edge of the timber. Putting accountability on someone for an accident doesn't mean you're making them out to be some monster, accidents happen but they can be prevented.

The EST of WC

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by ETE View Post
    By this notion if you are out hunting and accidentally shoot someone its nothing and everyone just moves on like nothing happens. Accidents happen, but people still need to take accountability.

Putting accountability/blame on Sasha doesn't mean its not an accident. It is. She didn't intend to injure Paige but thats the end result of her actions. And maybe stiffing someone in the back who had just returned from a neck injury isn't the smartest move. Bayley performed the same spot with Paige perfectly fine because she didn't stiff her. Paige's neck issues played a part in this, and ultimately its just very unfortunate, but its something that happened as a direct result of Sasha stiffing someone in the neck.

To use a completely off topic example. The apprentice at work shot himself in the thumb with a nail gun on Friday. Going off the logic of "you cant blame Sasha at all" the rest of us just ignore it and dont point out to him what he did wrong to shoot himself, so he doesn't put his hand right in front of the nailgun when nailing something close to the edge of the timber. Putting accountability on someone for an accident doesn't mean you're making them out to be some monster, accidents happen but they can be prevented.
    Talk about taking an extreme scenario and trying to make it relevant. Killing someone is very different to accidentally hurting someone (who was already hurt)

The point all of us are trying to make is that wrestling is a tough sport and Sasha's accident did not directly cause what happened to Paige, more a cumulative effort of many different factors and Sasha being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Bayley's kick could have done just as much damage as Sasha's despite the intensity, would Bayley have then had to take the blame even though she did everything right?

Like Ed said If you're gonna start putting blame on anyone then it should be the WWE medical team & road agents who cleared Paige to wrestle and in their expert opinion decided that she is safe to do those sort of spots. They put her in the firing line knowing what could happen. Sasha was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, Paige could have been fine after that spot and then had her career ended on Monday night via a clothesline. Wrestling is a stiff spot and all the wrestlers know this. We can't then begin to blame XYZ superstar when someone gets hurt from a move that's been trained, practiced and actioned hundreds of time

Internet Favorite

Status

Sad news that Paige’s in ring career got cut short at such a young age. After all the stuff she went through, it was good to see her back and now this happens. Hope the WWE keep her around in some non wrestling role.

The Fiend of all Games

Status
      Country                    us=United States

This is horrible news.

Meh

Status
      Country                    United States

Sasha is overrated as hell, balding, and boring.

But she was only doing as the match was entailed.
    My whims will become lightning bolts that raze the mounds of humanity

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Very disappointing news. She's had a very rough 2017 and for 2018 to kick off with a seemingly fresh start and new beginning and then this happens. Very sad and I really feel for her. At only 25 years old she had the best part of 10 years wrestling left in her if she had stayed healthy. She has been on the road and wrestling since she was in her early teens though (She started traveling on her own to wrestle around Europe at 14 I believe) so after already wrestling for over 10 years then you can see how things have taken their toll on her body.

Thoughts out to Sasha Banks too. she must be feeling horrible about this.

They have to keep Paige on screen for the short term at least for the sake of Absolution, since it's dead in the water otherwise. Neither Sonya nor Mandy are proficient enough on the mic to carry that on their own. The other alternative is to bring someone else in but that seems like a shoehorn solution.
    I'm sure they'll figure out a new role within the company for Paige.

Thread Information