Thread: Royal Rumble 2018 - SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos vs. Gable & Benjamin

Rusev Day

Status
      Country                    England

Royal Rumble Royal Rumble 2018 - SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos vs. Gable & Benjamin

Quote Originally Posted by WWE.com
    Technically, Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin already beat The Usos twice. To win the SmackDown Tag Team Titles, however, they’ll have to do it two more times.

The mat mavens will challenge Jimmy & Jey Uso in a 2-out-of-3 Falls Match at Royal Rumble, bringing to a head a twisting rivalry that saw Gable & Benjamin take down The Usos in the waning months of 2017 before scratching and clawing their way past the rest of the Tag Team division to a title match on SmackDown LIVE. Despite defeating The Usos in that championship bout, Gable & Benjamin pinned the wrong Uso, leading to a restart of the match when a second referee pointed out the mistake to the primary official.

The Usos were ultimately able to retain and Gable & Benjamin called out the second referee in frustration the following week, only to get SmackDown LIVE General Manager Daniel Bryan instead. While The “Yes!” Man attempted to cool Gable & Benjamin’s tempers, the disappointed duo asked if they had to beat The Usos twice in one night to get the glory they deserved. Voila: A 2-out-of-3 Falls Match.

Can Gable & Benjamin go the distance and finally smash down the walls of The Uso Penitentiary? Or will Jimmy & Jey prove to be just as unbeatable in 2018 as they were in 2017? Tune into the Royal Rumble event, streaming live, Sunday, Jan. 28, on the award-winning WWE Network at a special start time of 7 ET/5 PT to find out.
    Last edited by Order; 01-23-2018 at 09:50 AM.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

Re: Royal Rumble 2018 - SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos vs. Gable & Benjamin

Interesting that they've had Gable and Benjamin essentially win a match vs The Usos clean last week. I don't think they're over enough to warrant winning the titles and carrying them into Wrestlemania season.
    This match should be great though, making it 2 out of 3 falls is cool and should provide some great scope for these teams to create something exciting and compelling.

The Usos should retain though. They're arguably the best tag team in the world right now and they deserve and should be carrying those titles into Wrestlemania. bludgeon Brothers incoming for them I think, which is another match I'm looking forward to given their past encounters.

Be Prepared For Hell

Status

Re: Royal Rumble 2018 - SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos vs. Gable & Benjamin

Reallt impressed with Gable especially over the last few months. He's technically gifted in the ring but the whole "Scratch and Claw" thing he has going on has really brought some personality through.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Out of the entire Royal Rumble card, I'm looking forward to this match the most. The past year or two, the Usos have been fantastic and are on top from as a tag team. Chad Gable who is normally good and stepped up a notch in recent months. Shelton works fine with Gable and can more then hold his own. Really looking forward at seeing what these two teams can do in the ring together. I'm predicting a Chad Gable and Shelton Benjiman win. Gable and Shelton have been heelish as of late and I can see them cheating to get the win here.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Status
      Country                    United States

Really hope the Uso's retain here. They've held 3 times already since the belt was introduced in September 2016. Really been fun seeing Gable and Benjamin grow as a team, but don't see them being able to overcome the Uso's right now. Want to see the Uso's go to Mania with the belts.

Rusev Day

Status

Yeah I’d like to see The Usos win as well. They deserve to go into Mania as champions in my opinion.
    Twitter: @LukeGardener82 | Former BTB Overlord
    Order reviews WWE Pay Per Views

BTB Achievements
    WWE: The New Vision

Spoiler:

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Very much looking forward to this one. These two teams are great and with it being 2/3 falls, that hints that they're going to have enough time to have probably the MOTN.

Weird that American Alpha are both in tag team title matches on a PPV.

Smackdown's tag team division is the one that's deep enough to deserve the 4 way ladder stip this year over Raw.

Main Eventer

Status
      Country                    Wales

I can maybe see Gable and Benjamin cheating to win the final fall. Leads to a rematch at the next pay-per-view.

Thread Information