Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
Results 141 to 151 of 151

Thread: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

  1. #141
    n o n e s s e n t i a l
    ranthellacious's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    665
    Rep Power
    618938
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Impact Discussion has fallen off in recent months, but Bound For Glory is tonight!

    Anybody watching?


  2. #142
    Johnny Cash Lis'nen

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bradentucky, Florida
    Posts
    4,325
    Rep Power
    34246
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    I won’t be watching due to my hectic work schedule and in a related story my lack of funds.

    I will be following it though. Here’s to seeing Swann crowned as the top guy, maybe a Good Brothers run as champs, Trey winning the X belt, a step forward in the Heath and Rhyno story and maybe an appearance from The Rock

  3. #143
    Fire Walk with Me
    Looking Glass's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    767
    Rep Power
    385052
      Country                    Great Britain

    Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ranthellacious View Post
    Impact Discussion has fallen off in recent months, but Bound For Glory is tonight!

    Anybody watching?
    I did hear that they were promoting Impact + as free to celebrate BFG but is that just achived programming or will it include BFG itself? I'm not familiar with how it works.



  4. #144
    n o n e s s e n t i a l
    ranthellacious's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Posts
    665
    Rep Power
    618938
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Looking Glass View Post
    I did hear that they were promoting Impact + as free to celebrate BFG but is that just achived programming or will it include BFG itself? I'm not familiar with how it works.
    I don't think so . They don't air the PPVs live like WWE. They have the weeklys up there right away but PPV wise I think they just put Slammiversary on there 2 weeks ago.


  5. #145
    Curtain Jerker

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    30
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Oh yeah is The Rock showing up at Bound for Glory? That will get a bit of press. One idea I have in my head that could get Impact back on the map would be to do an invasion angle with AEW and give both promotions some press and push some talent that may need some but are stuck on where to go in their respective promotions.What are people's thoughts on that? It's more likely to happen than AEW/WWE.

  6. #146
    [Run]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,904
    Rep Power
    1656527
      Country                    England

    Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MC93 View Post
    Oh yeah is The Rock showing up at Bound for Glory? That will get a bit of press. One idea I have in my head that could get Impact back on the map would be to do an invasion angle with AEW and give both promotions some press and push some talent that may need some but are stuck on where to go in their respective promotions.What are people's thoughts on that? It's more likely to happen than AEW/WWE.
    He did a pre recorded message for Ken Shamrock's HOF induction. Still a pretty nice get by Impact.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

  7. #147
    WAKE UP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    33,871
    Rep Power
    1295868

    Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Checked out the main event. Eric Young is too good for this dead ass promotion. He's probably too old for an AEW to give him a shot but would be cool to see him have a run in somewhere like an MLW when things are back to normal. Shame about the lack of crowds, match was pretty decent, though Swan getting his neck and leg picked apart for 20 minutes then coming back to win with like 2 cutters and his finisher felt really flat.

  8. #148
    Hail To The King
    OMB's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    9,690
    Rep Power
    1992293
      Country                    United States

    Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Checked out the main event. Eric Young is too good for this dead ass promotion. He's probably too old for an AEW to give him a shot but would be cool to see him have a run in somewhere like an MLW when things are back to normal. Shame about the lack of crowds, match was pretty decent, though Swan getting his neck and leg picked apart for 20 minutes then coming back to win with like 2 cutters and his finisher felt really flat.
    I thought the show in general was great wrestling booking was strange tho



    Spoiler:


    CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    ​Brayden Bridges








  9. #149
    Tag Team Specialist
    Raye's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,398
    Rep Power
    605599
      Country                    Canada

    Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Checked out the main event. Eric Young is too good for this dead ass promotion. He's probably too old for an AEW to give him a shot but would be cool to see him have a run in somewhere like an MLW when things are back to normal. Shame about the lack of crowds, match was pretty decent, though Swan getting his neck and leg picked apart for 20 minutes then coming back to win with like 2 cutters and his finisher felt really flat.
    Is MLW really in any higher consideration than Impact? o_o

  10. #150
    Johnny Cash Lis'nen

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Bradentucky, Florida
    Posts
    4,325
    Rep Power
    34246
      Country                    us=United States

    Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    MLW was better than Impact for a while. Perfect combination of good wrestling and believable stories. Sometimes their shows can get a little boring though. EY would be a good fit though. Of course he has two years to go in Impact, and with Impact climbing back up and him being a legend there I don’t see any reason for him to honor them to let him go.

  11. #151
    Admin in Lockdown

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    39,732
    Rep Power
    4368094
      Country                    England

    Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

    Watched the main event and thought Young Vs Swann was really good, another good showing from Eric Young. As much as I like Swann, I feel like it was a little soon to take the belt off of Young who was doing a really good job as champ. I actually think the Edwards match was stronger than this one too, but I don't want to dismiss it too much as it's the only positive from BFG weekend.

    Really disappointing that A) Kylie Rae was removed from the BFG title match as that seemed to be another potentially good match this weekend, B) that they've taken the belt off of Deonna who has been great since she signed with the company and C) That they've gone back to Su fucking Yung. SU FUCKING YUNG!!! There was already too much non-serious, gimmicky nonsense in this promotion and now they've gone back to having the Zombie Bride shite back in the title picture.

    Thumbs down weekend from Impact.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •