Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

BIG KAIJU~

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Impact Wrestling General Discussion Thread

Pretty cool RVD coming back even for a short term I'll take it. RVD has always been one of the most athletic guys even as he gotten older in Wrestling and that isn't going to change. I'm actually looking forward to RVD being on Impact which means Sabu is going to be around at some point as well ready to put someone through a Table making a statement.

Real Women of Genius

The place to see the best of best of Women's Wrestling from all over the World

Forever The Revival

Status

It's odd that Impact wanted to "refresh" the roster and is doing so by bringing back RVD and Madison Rayne. You'd think that'd be done by you know, bringing in fresh faces and top indy talent, not people seemingly near the end of their career.
    [IMG]https://***************/57909_s.gif [/IMG]

BIG KAIJU~

Status

PWInsider.com has been told by several sources that the riit cause of the termination was that Impact management was upset with comments Drake had made about the company on recent interviews and had already been unhappy with him after he refused to wrestle Tessa Blanchard at the United We Stand event that took place this last Thursday in Rahway, NJ. Drake had been very vocal online about not wanting to do it, so much that it appeared to be a storyline explaining the change to Joey Ryan replacing him. Instead, it was very much a real situation.

Drake’s deal was scheduled to expire on 5/31. The real question now is that since Impact has terminated his deal with is whether there are any the ripple effects legally to that termination. Most contracts in general have clauses that spell out the consequences of such a situation. It’s possible that Impact could pursue Drake financially for damages or impose a non-compete - and if so, the situation could be getting very messy.
    Well it seems Eli Drake has been released from Impact today! I hope it just wasn't that he didn't want to wrestle Tessa at United We Stand. Let's be honest it would of made no sense to put them together since Drake and Eddie were a team putting him in a random match with one of their best Knockouts is a lose lose for him I feel. Granted he should of voiced his opinions in another way. Drake I feel was being misused greatly since losing the Impact World Title, I'm sure he'll find work pretty damn easily.

Real Women of Genius

Heel Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

So Impact has signed a new deal with 5* here in the UK to air Impact on British TV so that's some positive news.
    I have a plan so cunning......

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

Oh shit, Eli got released? God I need to keep up. I kind of feel bad for Eli, his run in TNA/Impact/GFW/Impact could've been SO much better if they just stuck to a plan with him. He got hotshotted the world title and even though the guy is an awesome promo, he never felt like a main event star. To me it was like when Chris Sabin won the belt with less build.After he dropped the belt he kind of just did nothing for ages. Like I remember him winning the tag belts with Scott Steiner, then a few months later he had a feud with Tommy Dreamer where Raven interfered, and then his recent run with Eddie which I was fairly enjoying. Such a shame. Hope he does well wherever he ends up.

R.I.P. Lionheart
    17/12/1982-19/06/2019

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Chaddes View Post
    Oh shit, Eli got released? God I need to keep up. I kind of feel bad for Eli, his run in TNA/Impact/GFW/Impact could've been SO much better if they just stuck to a plan with him. He got hotshotted the world title and even though the guy is an awesome promo, he never felt like a main event star. To me it was like when Chris Sabin won the belt with less build.After he dropped the belt he kind of just did nothing for ages. Like I remember him winning the tag belts with Scott Steiner, then a few months later he had a feud with Tommy Dreamer where Raven interfered, and then his recent run with Eddie which I was fairly enjoying. Such a shame. Hope he does well wherever he ends up.
    Yeah I will miss him he was great I felt as Impact World Champion and they squashed the momentum taking away the Title from him. He made gold outta poop more often than not with what Impact wanted him to do and it's a shame they never were able to get him back to that point. Impact at that time didn't know what they wanted as a Champion, truly a missed opportunity there.

Real Women of Genius

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Eli Drake could of gone about it a different way and not voiced his concerns so strongly on twitter, but I think if a wrestler doesn't want to do intergender wrestling that strongly then that should be his choice and he shouldn't be force to do so by his employer.

BIG KAIJU~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Eli Drake could of gone about it a different way and not voiced his concerns so strongly on twitter, but I think if a wrestler doesn't want to do intergender wrestling that strongly then that should be his choice and he shouldn't be force to do so by his employer.
    So true and with what I saw with Ryan/Tessa from United we Stand I would say it would of been a totally different Match for sure. I don't understand why didn't they put Drake with Edwards, Moose being with Team Impact was so outta the blue oh well.

Real Women of Genius

Thread Information