Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: NJPW General Discussion Thread

Prince Of Joshi

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

Look and listen right now I have a boner right now with the thought of NJPW wanting to do some Joshi. For sure they'll treat with the respect it deserves or people will not take interest in it. I know theirs going to be that balance of real Wrestling and the Comedy act like I see in TJPW from time to time. I don't mind the cheese part of Joshi that I've been blessed to watch the past three years, sometimes I need to laugh and it's done in that perfect moment it's great. I don't mind dancing like Oedo Tai because bare bones of it, when it's time to go..and I do mean GO... the members of Oedo Tai bring it. I would say though one request please don't promote a Gravure book with one of the ladies that I've seen TJPW do three times the past few months before a Show. If I wanna get a Gravure book of some kind I'm going to win in a Contest like I did for Io's don't tease me fuckers.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    It's Morphin Time: A Mighty Morphin Walkthrough

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Jushin Thunder Liger has announced that he will retire after next year's Tokyo Dome shows
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads
    General Discussion - NJPW The New Beginnings Tour 2019 - Beginners Guide To New Japan - NJPW Year-To-Year MOTY's

"You're not fighting the odds, Eddie. You're fighting me"

The Planet's Admin

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Jushin Thunder Liger has announced that he will retire after next year's Tokyo Dome shows
    WC Hall of Famer 2020 it is then.

That's sad, but we've been incredibly lucky to have so many decades of him. The mask and costume makes him ageless, but it's easy to forget we've had over 30 years of Liger as well as his rookie years as Yamada. I certainly think he's the best wrestler in his 50s that I've ever seen. Hope he gets a great sendoff, most likely a tag at the Dome but it would be really cool for him to have one last shot at the title at another show this year.

WAKE UP

Status

so yesterday's title match was his last title challenge then. I have no time for Ishimori in 2019 but I'll have to check that out for Liger.

Truly one of the best of all time and hopefully they get some big matches for him before then, but I'm not holding my breath

The Planet's Admin

Status

I’m not sure if this is right, but I saw something on twitter that said only Inoki and Choshu have had their retirement matches at the Tokyo dome so that’s pretty big company.

I have a feeling it’ll be his touring matches outside of NJPW that’ll be more interesting than the stuff he does in NJPW this year. OTT are booking him against a lad they’ve got a hope for as a superstar of tomorrow in Scotty Davis, and I’m sure Rev-Pro will bring him in. Haven’t bothered to check but I’d like to think he’s wrestling at MSG in April.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Liger's last year will no doubt be an interesting one. He basically has free reign to do what he wants, so I hope he does something he has never done before.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads
    General Discussion - NJPW The New Beginnings Tour 2019 - Beginners Guide To New Japan - NJPW Year-To-Year MOTY's

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Booked my tickets for NJPW Royal Quest later this year! First live show I'll be at since 2005. Normally have big anxiety about going to these show but I decided to go for it.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

The Planet's Admin

Status

Booked my tickets for NJPW Royal Quest later this year! First live show I'll be at since 2005. Normally have big anxiety about going to these show but I decided to go for it.
    Very cool, as anxious as you might be you'll be able to say you've seen some of the worlds best wrestlers live in person, and Kazuchika Okada .

Part of me is really tempted to go to whatever Liger's final England show will be. Guessing it might be Rev Pro's J Cup in autumn sometime.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Very cool, as anxious as you might be you'll be able to say you've seen some of the worlds best wrestlers live in person, and Kazuchika Okada .

Part of me is really tempted to go to whatever Liger's final England show will be. Guessing it might be Rev Pro's J Cup in autumn sometime.
    Seeing the likes of Yujiro Takahashi wrestle is life changing. Between seeing him and Eddie Guerrero, I'm spoilt .

Honestly Liger's retirement was a big of a factor than anything. Will never get another chance to see him wrestle again. Deal breaker

The Planet's Admin

Status

I need to get back to live wrestling while we're in this period of time of everyone coming to England for shows as we're a hot scene. Last year I could of seen Daisuke Sekimoto and Meiko Satomura in Wolverhampton of all places.

Status
      Country                    United States

I just watched the title change match between Tanahashi and Switchblade. Good match. But at the same time, I wonder how suited Jay White is to be the guy carrying the IWGP Heavyweight Champion. Aside from clearly being outmatched by Tanahashi in the ring, it feels like Tanahashi had just won the belt off Omega. I don't watch or follow NJPW very closely at all, so I'm kind of wondering, is having these Westerners constantly positioned at the top a bad thing? Is it just for the sake of trying to expand? Is Jay White ready to hold the belt?

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by The EC View Post
    I just watched the title change match between Tanahashi and Switchblade. Good match. But at the same time, I wonder how suited Jay White is to be the guy carrying the IWGP Heavyweight Champion. Aside from clearly being outmatched by Tanahashi in the ring, it feels like Tanahashi had just won the belt off Omega. I don't watch or follow NJPW very closely at all, so I'm kind of wondering, is having these Westerners constantly positioned at the top a bad thing? Is it just for the sake of trying to expand? Is Jay White ready to hold the belt?
    Jay White is from New Zealand actually. But I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. It's been a staple in Japanese wrestling since the days of Rikidozan. Of course when the Elite is being forced upon you like they were for all of 2018, it's a big turn off to the shows.

White can be hot and cold when match quality is concerned. Had a great match with Okada at WK, had an okay one with Tanahashi in February, had a great one with Ospreay this month. So it's not like he is terrible, he just has to find his middle ground with his gimmick. Similar to how Naito had to find that balance when he became LIJ Naito and was originally bad at doing the gimmick and making the match entertaining at the same time. But still, I don't think him getting the title was a bad decision at all. The Japanese fans like White (or hate him, in the good way) and this freshen ups the main event scene. White will only get better with age and experience.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!
    NJPW Threads

Status
      Country                    United States

Jay White is from New Zealand actually. But I wouldn't say it's a bad thing. It's been a staple in Japanese wrestling since the days of Rikidozan. Of course when the Elite is being forced upon you like they were for all of 2018, it's a big turn off to the shows.

White can be hot and cold when match quality is concerned. Had a great match with Okada at WK, had an okay one with Tanahashi in February, had a great one with Ospreay this month. So it's not like he is terrible, he just has to find his middle ground with his gimmick. Similar to how Naito had to find that balance when he became LIJ Naito and was originally bad at doing the gimmick and making the match entertaining at the same time. But still, I don't think him getting the title was a bad decision at all. The Japanese fans like White (or hate him, in the good way) and this freshen ups the main event scene. White will only get better with age and experience.
    Ok, good to know! I always though he was from the UK. I guess I should have just said foreigners. But yeah, I've liked a few of his matches I've seen. I also always felt like he had potential with his gimmick and look but it's never quite clicked for me yet. Again though, I don't watch him on a regular basis, so it's not really my place to say. But yeah, I can see his title reign being a positive to inject someone new into that elite level and maybe help Switchblade progress at an even faster pace. I could tell by his post-match promo that whatever he's doing is working as far as the crowd is concerned.

Heel Champion

Status

Bought tickets to see New Japan Royal Quest when it comes to the UK. Can't wait

Thread Information