Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 94

Thread: NJPW General Discussion Thread

  1. #41
    [Your Name]
    Postman Dave's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    7,762
    Rep Power
    393336
      Country                    England

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    So is she accusing him of sexual assault? Because that's not the story I read and now I'm even more confused.
    I can't be bothered to go into the drama, but one of his students/Glory Pro talents was the one accused. But Big Mike has hardly painted himself in a good light with shitty texts about the whole thing being made public. But he's the bigger name so he's caught the majority of the attention.

    Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk






  2. #42
    The EST of WC
    CGS's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    24,066
    Rep Power
    175395
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Yeah One of Elgins students apparently sexually assaulted Moses Malone and she told Elgin about it. Elgin then chose not to do anything with that information and pretty much defended the guy (Moreso by downplaying her allegations than backing him) Malone then went on a big twitter crusade about how hard done she had been by Elgin and about how shit of a guy he is etc...but

    Elgin said some shit things and you could say made some morally questionable decisions but he didn't commit a crime. Nor was it his responsibility to go to the police with the information but for some reason Malone targeted him rather than the other guy who allegedly attacked her, maybe it was because Elgin was a bigger name so an easier way for her to get her story out but i also think the two of them had something going on and she used the situation to shit and rage on him a bit too.

    The whole thing was just fucking messy.


  3. #43
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    46,401
    Rep Power
    1025278
      Country                    United States

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Even if he wasn’t a direct assaulter in the case of Moses he’s still got other people screen shotting texts of him trying to solicit sex and he’s bragged about peeing on a girl so he’s far from a saint regardless of his involvement with the Glory Pro stuff and whether he committed a crime or not.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


  4. #44
    Mid-Card Champion
    Prince Declan of Dimi's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    4884
      Country                    Australia

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Going to NJPW Sydney tonight, so excited!

  5. #45
    MC Mitchy D
    Slick Mitch's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    BC, Canada
    Posts
    6,223
    Rep Power
    422612
      Country                    Canada

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Declandimi101 View Post
    Going to NJPW Sydney tonight, so excited!
    Getting tips for your next BTB?


  6. #46
    Mid-Card Champion
    Prince Declan of Dimi's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    690
    Rep Power
    4884
      Country                    Australia

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by MitchMiser View Post
    Getting tips for your next BTB?
    Haha, very original! Sick burn!

  7. #47
    Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey
    JT Grizzle's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,950
    Rep Power
    142461

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by CGS View Post
    Nor was it his responsibility to go to the police with the information
    I'm gonna disagree with this. As someone in a position of authority within that organisation it absolutely was his responsibility to report a crime that was brought to his attention by someone under his charge. She brought the information to him so that he would deal with the situation, regardless of anything else he absolutely had to do something about it - instead, it's sounding like he decided to brush aside her accusation and make out like it was nothing. If he'd dealt with it in the proper manor I'm willing to bet he wouldn't be in this situation now.

  8. #48

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    16,968
    Rep Power
    739020
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    I'm gonna disagree with this. As someone in a position of authority within that organisation it absolutely was his responsibility to report a crime that was brought to his attention by someone under his charge. She brought the information to him so that he would deal with the situation, regardless of anything else he absolutely had to do something about it - instead, it's sounding like he decided to brush aside her accusation and make out like it was nothing. If he'd dealt with it in the proper manor I'm willing to bet he wouldn't be in this situation now.
    Did the alleged incident occur at a Glory Pro event? I've not read up much on it bit if not, he cannot be held responsible. It is absolutely her responsibility.

    Also, if there is reasonable doubt then he doesn't have to. Bear in mind that a sexual assault accusation is damaging. Elgin reporting the dude will change alot of things - he has to be sure about it before doing so.

    The way Elgin handled things was dickish tho. But the outrage against him is insane given he has not committed a crime. You don't see people outraged at Austin for battering his wife.


    ~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:






  9. #49
    Mr. Victory Through Guts

    Zero's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Memphis, Tennessee
    Posts
    10,224
    Rep Power
    511482
      Country                    United States

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Sean Orleans was the one accused of sexual assault, not Elgin. IMO he is the one that should face outrage more than Elgin in addition to being prosecuted which I can't understand why that hasn't happened yet, although Elgin clearly has some sins on his own hands in terms of cheating on his wife and handling all this very poorly with the accuser. Personally I think it's a really messed up situation all around. When these accusations were brought up there were texts of the accuser that came out saying some pretty out there stuff to Orleans about having his life in her hands too that was pretty shocking. I definitely think there's enough to call reasonable doubt in on his end like Shake was saying from a legal perspective to not go right away but again, he clearly pulled some really sleazy stuff that wasn't cool.

    I knew he would come back to NJPW though, clearly they didn't care much about all this since it wasn't a crime on his part. If they were upset about it they wouldn't keep using him for the extent of his contract at the freaking Tokyo Dome and such so I guess it wasn't anything surprising or weighing on me. If anything without this situation he would have left NJPW to run Glory Pro and focus on that more, they were planning on him leaving with how they booked him the second half of 2017. This is his saving grace really because it's gonna be hard to book him in the West without backlash, at least for a good long while.
    I'm a good looking guy, but you show absolutely no interest in dating me! But...you're so nice to me.



    What was I supposed to do? It's only natural that I'd fall in love...

    Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

    And check out my podcasts! Every week from the MLW Radio Network (Though I'm not affliated with Jim Cornette personally)

    Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Cagematch.net Boss STRIGGA)

    Lucha Talk - Méxican Wrestling (w/LuchaWorld Boss Fredo Esparza & Spanish Translator MICROMANFEVER)

  10. #50
    YES! YES! YES!

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    33,055
    Rep Power
    1331970
      Country                    England

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    I'm not surprised Elgin's getting more shit than Orleans. Elgin is the bigger name, getting regular work, still messing around on twitter making things 10 times worse and crucially we've seen proof of how he handled the situation and his shitty messages he sent. Orleans on the other hand is a nobody, he hasn't wrestled since November, has protected his twitter account and we don't really have much to go off in the way of proof. If the accusations are true he should be the one that gets more shit, but he has removed himself from the firing line so the twitter dog pile on can't happen to him, so Elgin gets it instead.

    I don't understand why when this is causing quite the storm that US indies are going to the hassle to book Elgin. You know it's going to get your promotion bad publicity, you know it could piss off more fans that would buy tickets to go to the show than convince those on the fence to book a ticket to attend a Big Mike match. Probably the whole reason that AAW show was a mystery vortex show was because they knew you had to book Elgin but they didn't want the heat for announcing that ahead of time and putting off ticket sales. The one that always gets me is why random UK promotions book Bram. It's fucking Bram ffs, who's coming along to see a show just to see him, he's a terrible wrestler.

  11. #51
    Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey
    JT Grizzle's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,950
    Rep Power
    142461

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Did the alleged incident occur at a Glory Pro event? I've not read up much on it bit if not, he cannot be held responsible. It is absolutely her responsibility.

    Also, if there is reasonable doubt then he doesn't have to. Bear in mind that a sexual assault accusation is damaging. Elgin reporting the dude will change alot of things - he has to be sure about it before doing so.

    The way Elgin handled things was dickish tho. But the outrage against him is insane given he has not committed a crime. You don't see people outraged at Austin for battering his wife.

    Ed's very well explained the reasoning behind the outrage towards Elgin I think, so I'm not gonna add to that... but I am gonna address that first question; Did the alleged incident occur at a Glory Pro event? Who gives a flying fuck where it occured!? One of Elgin's trainees came to him and made him aware that another of his trainees was sexually harassing/assaulting her - these are two people that he has power over, two people who he is responsible for in the work place but more than that these are two people he has/had regular interactions with at the training school he runs; just as a human being he should've been taking some kind of action. Suspending Orleans, conducting his own internal investigation or reporting the incident to the correct authorities to investigate. That he did nothing at all and attempted to make out like Malone was just trying a ruin a guy speaks a lot to the character of the man. He's a good pro wrestler but he's a shit of a human being.

  12. #52

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    16,968
    Rep Power
    739020
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    I'm gonna disagree with this. As someone in a position of authority within that organisation it absolutely was his responsibility to report a crime that was brought to his attention by someone under his charge. She brought the information to him so that he would deal with the situation, regardless of anything else he absolutely had to do something about it - instead, it's sounding like he decided to brush aside her accusation and make out like it was nothing. If he'd dealt with it in the proper manor I'm willing to bet he wouldn't be in this situation now.
    So why is this relevant to your point if the alleged incident did not take place at a Glory Pro event? That's why I asked. You made it out like he's legally obligated to sort it out because it happened under 'his' roof. It did not. She should have gone to police. Elgin's a dickhead for the way he reacted but he was under absolutely zero obligation to do anything about it. He's not a police officer. Could he have done something? Sure. But he didn't. Why? Being a dickhead aside, he may not have believed her. Did he not tell her to go to the Police?? How do we know Elgin didn't do anything? He could have looked into it - and as I said - found reasonable doubt. Which would be no concrete evidence and it being a he said/she said affair.

    What if someone came to you and said your friend had sexually assaulted them? Would you be instantly sorting it out? Would you pause for a moment and question the accusation? I sure would because I know my friends and I know they don't do that. Who's to say Elgin didn't think that about Orleans? It's an unproven accusation. The moment Elgin starts doing things, it damages Orleans and makes him seem guilty. Maybe Elgin didn't want to do that? I don't know. People work in mysterious ways. I certainly wouldn't crucify an innocent person - and we both know a sexual assault accusation is almost as bad as a conviction.

    Reading an interview from Malone about the incident now... she's somewhat more focused on getting the point across that Elgin's a dickhead rather than the fact she was the victim of sexual assault. Seems to me that she wanted to blackmail Elgin (by using their private messages and sexual relationship) into punishing Orleans. So maybe Elgin wasn't falling for it? I don't know. The full story will never be known unless someone hacks the DMs. But I'll say this: It's very much alarming that she's crusading against Elgin and not Orleans for some strange reason.......

    Also, didn't big Daddy Meltz do some digging on this and found her to be full of shit? Then again, plans can change...

    I'm just researching this all now but I certainly see plenty of reasonable doubt. Has she even gone to the police yet? Does she even care about Orleans now? It's a very bizarre case. If I was sexually abused by someone, I would be focusing on them and not the guy who I fucked a few times that refused to take my side. This is far from a black and white situation.
    Last edited by RainShaker; 02-21-2018 at 01:39 PM.


    ~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:






  13. #53
    The EST of WC
    CGS's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    24,066
    Rep Power
    175395
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JT Grizzle View Post
    I'm gonna disagree with this. As someone in a position of authority within that organisation it absolutely was his responsibility to report a crime that was brought to his attention by someone under his charge. She brought the information to him so that he would deal with the situation, regardless of anything else he absolutely had to do something about it - instead, it's sounding like he decided to brush aside her accusation and make out like it was nothing. If he'd dealt with it in the proper manor I'm willing to bet he wouldn't be in this situation now.
    Shake pretty much summed it up but yeah if he was gonna go to the police about it he had to be 100% certain that Orleans committed the crime he is being accused off. She hasn't come to Elgin with prove of anything and Elgin didn't witness anything personally. She effectively confided in him with information that he could not prove. If he goes to the police he risks ruining Orleans name over something that may or may not have taken place. In that situation all he can really do is tell her she needs to go to the police and report it herself and he'll help in whatever way he can. Its simply not his job to go to the police with the information she told him. Elgin was a dickhead and should have reacted better to the situation but in no way is he obligated to do anything with the information he was told unless the police specifically asked him for it.

    Like i mentioned before and Like shake said though, i feel like there is much more to this story in regards to Malone and Elgins personal relationship because she seems to be on a much bigger crusade in terms of damaging Elgins name than she is in getting justice for her rape


  14. #54
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    46,401
    Rep Power
    1025278
      Country                    United States

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    It’s a shame Malone’s a really big personality and is turning people against her because I’ve never seen someone shoot themselves in the foot as hard as Elgin did throughout all of this.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


  15. #55
    Rowdy RaiZ-R Rousey
    JT Grizzle's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    21,950
    Rep Power
    142461

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    So why is this relevant to your point if the alleged incident did not take place at a Glory Pro event? That's why I asked. You made it out like he's legally obligated to sort it out because it happened under 'his' roof. It did not. She should have gone to police. Elgin's a dickhead for the way he reacted but he was under absolutely zero obligation to do anything about it. He's not a police officer. Could he have done something? Sure. But he didn't. Why? Being a dickhead aside, he may not have believed her. Did he not tell her to go to the Police?? How do we know Elgin didn't do anything? He could have looked into it - and as I said - found reasonable doubt. Which would be no concrete evidence and it being a he said/she said affair.

    What if someone came to you and said your friend had sexually assaulted them? Would you be instantly sorting it out? Would you pause for a moment and question the accusation? I sure would because I know my friends and I know they don't do that. Who's to say Elgin didn't think that about Orleans? It's an unproven accusation. The moment Elgin starts doing things, it damages Orleans and makes him seem guilty. Maybe Elgin didn't want to do that? I don't know. People work in mysterious ways. I certainly wouldn't crucify an innocent person - and we both know a sexual assault accusation is almost as bad as a conviction.

    Reading an interview from Malone about the incident now... she's somewhat more focused on getting the point across that Elgin's a dickhead rather than the fact she was the victim of sexual assault. Seems to me that she wanted to blackmail Elgin (by using their private messages and sexual relationship) into punishing Orleans. So maybe Elgin wasn't falling for it? I don't know. The full story will never be known unless someone hacks the DMs. But I'll say this: It's very much alarming that she's crusading against Elgin and not Orleans for some strange reason.......

    Also, didn't big Daddy Meltz do some digging on this and found her to be full of shit? Then again, plans can change...

    I'm just researching this all now but I certainly see plenty of reasonable doubt. Has she even gone to the police yet? Does she even care about Orleans now? It's a very bizarre case. If I was sexually abused by someone, I would be focusing on them and not the guy who I fucked a few times that refused to take my side. This is far from a black and white situation.
    Firstly, this isn't about friendship. She came to him as the Glory Pro trainer to inform him that she (as a trainee) had been assaulted by someone else present at the school; that person needed to be removed until Elgin had all the information he was able to get on the subject and was able to make a decision one way or another. In that moment, regardless of where the assault took place, he was a person with power over both parties involved and had the ability to defuse the situation, including managing to protect someone from being falsely accused (if that were the case) and he handled it terribly. But for the record, if this were a case of a friend trying to protect another friend, he still would've been best off doing something more than the absolutely nothing he did do because that way he can be as sure as possibly of what went down before it gets out of hand.

    Secondly, going to the police was only one of several suggestions I made, and it was the last, because I agree - she absolutely should be the one going to the police with this but sexual assault victims are often made to feel like it's their fault and are afraid to come forward because of how they are treated by the authorities, so they go to someone closer to them for moral support. In this case it seems like that person was Elgin and instead of offering to help her through this difficult time he made her feel like shit about it; why she's not going after Orleans I can't say, why she won't stop going after Elgin I totally understand - she feels betrayed by his reaction to her opening up about this situation.

    Whether her accusations against Orleans hold weight, I can't say and we'll likely never know, but from everything I've read and been told about this situation her accusations that Elgin's a dumbfuck that shouldn't be in a position of authority are pretty darn strong.

  16. #56
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Nippon Budokan
    Posts
    5,340
    Rep Power
    355459
      Country                    England

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    https://mobile.twitter.com/njpwgloba...93866762579970


    Katsuyori Shibata to be Head Coach of New Japan Dojo in Los Angeles. Let's pray for the people going there.
    Spoiler:


    Milano Forever!

  17. #57

    RainShaker's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Korakuen Hall Safe Standing Section
    Posts
    16,968
    Rep Power
    739020
      Country                    Jamaica

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    There is a rumour floating around that Taiji Ishimori will be in BOSJ. Theres also a rumour floating around he's going to be Bone Soldier.


    Bone Soldier part is lame but im all for him in BOSJ.


    ~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:






  18. #58
    YES! YES! YES!

    Ed's Avatar

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dudley, England
    Posts
    33,055
    Rep Power
    1331970
      Country                    England

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Well, on one hand that would explain the previously baffling decision to hype that guy's return because no-one wants to see the captain back. On the other hand, man screw the idea of Ishimori coming into New Japan and being in Bullet Club straight off the bat.

    I hope he's not going to New Japan full time because I'd love to see him be a fresh face on the indies for a bit - I guess he could still work the indies but they'd be places like ROH and Rev-Pro. He'd be awesome in the BOSJ though.

  19. #59
    TAKE THE DREAM~

    MC 16's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Nippon Budokan
    Posts
    5,340
    Rep Power
    355459
      Country                    England

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Ishimori in the Bullet Club? Meh. I love Ishimori but I don't want him to join the BC, I don't want him dragged into that. But it would be awesome to see him in New Japan.


    Didn't he say that he wanted to go to WWE? Bit shitty to use that as a smokescreen.
    Spoiler:


    Milano Forever!

  20. #60
    Scumbag Role Model
    Tennessee Nicky's Avatar

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    46,401
    Rep Power
    1025278
      Country                    United States

    Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

    Strictly being in the BOSJ is probably the best option instead of going full time because this company can’t book juniors.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •