Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: NJPW General Discussion Thread

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

WWE have a way more impactful style then they used to have. I remember when Roman and Braun was in tables matches on every house show. I don't want to turn it into an "who is more dangerous style" debate but there isn't much difference nowadays. Unless you're willing to be Nakamura and just surf your way through a WWE run.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Quote Originally Posted by King Steventon View Post
    Take it easy by being on the road and wrestling 1-2 times a week for 50 weeks a year?
    Main roster is tougher, but in this hypothetical scenario, I'd expect Goto would go NXT like every other Japanese wrestler has done first of all, and if you move to Florida, then it is way way easier than the main roster.

Would much rather he want to a different Japanese promotion.

Hail To The King

Status
      Country                    United States

I wonder if Ibushi will be AEW bound? NJPW seems to be losing alot of steam lately and last time I watched it the streaming for ppv kept going out

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

If Ibushi didn't sign with AEW when he wasn't under NJPW contract then he's not doing it now. He's clearly one of their pillars going forward for a bit and there's no reason for him to leave. Where does this thought come from?

As for losing steam... Idk. Okada's on top of the puro world and they're running two nights in a row at the Dome... If anything, the momentum is still picking up. At the same time, they've got two big AEW guys featuring - one being Le Champion. I think they're fine. They might be losing some western momentum but NJPW is still dominating Japan and increasing the gap moreso.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    If Ibushi didn't sign with AEW when he wasn't under NJPW contract then he's not doing it now. He's clearly one of their pillars going forward for a bit and there's no reason for him to leave. Where does this thought come from?
    I'm betting on Ibushi signing with AEW in 2021. It really seemed like he wanted to stick around New Japan to be IWGP Champion and if it's going to happen at the Tokyo Dome in a few weeks, I can see him pulling an Omega and sticking around long enough to enjoy a title reign and put someone over at the next Wrestle Kingdom.

Hail To The King

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    I'm betting on Ibushi signing with AEW in 2021. It really seemed like he wanted to stick around New Japan to be IWGP Champion and if it's going to happen at the Tokyo Dome in a few weeks, I can see him pulling an Omega and sticking around long enough to enjoy a title reign and put someone over at the next Wrestle Kingdom.
    You dont think aew wouldnt love having Golden Lovers

Spoiler:

CWA World Heavyweight Champion
    Brayden Bridges

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Ibushi signed a contract a year ago and he clearly loves New Japan. Like Shake said, if he was interested in AEW, he probably would've signed then. And same with WWE. He would've signed with the amounts of momentum he had back in 2016.

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    I wonder if Ibushi will be AEW bound? NJPW seems to be losing alot of steam lately and last time I watched it the streaming for ppv kept going out
    Two upcoming Toyko Dome shows with good ticket sales is losing steam is it?

Quote Originally Posted by OMB View Post
    You dont think aew wouldnt love having Golden Lovers
    Where did I say that?

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Ibushi signed a contract a year ago and he clearly loves New Japan. Like Shake said, if he was interested in AEW, he probably would've signed then. And same with WWE. He would've signed with the amounts of momentum he had back in 2016.
    Ibushi has talked about AEW in past interviews. He sees that as the end goal, but he still wants to accomplish other things before going to AEW.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Where did I say that?

Ibushi has talked about AEW in past interviews. He sees that as the end goal, but he still wants to accomplish other things before going to AEW.
    It's a maybe but what he said sounds very long term and not something he'd do practically in a year and a few months time. New Japan clearly offered him a long contract if you go by his "I'll be here until I die" comment.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Ishii vs Shingo and Roppongi 3K vs Taguchi and Rocky Romero from the 20th NJ Road show are both well worth watch. The crowd is hot for both matches, especally the main event. Most criticisms for the tag match is it goes on forever with Sho and Romer having a big singles exchange at the end, so if you're not too much into those guys, it may not be for you.

WAKE UP

Status

Shingo vs Ishii had good stuff in the ways you'd expect but boy did it not need to go half an hour. The G1 match was a lot better.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    China

Agree with Steve. It was good but I expected better after last year's match. I'm not certain I didn't like Shingo/Goto better than this.

Admin in Lockdown

Status

Concur. Had I watched the match live and not known the result or length, I'd of probably enjoyed it more, but I actually put off watching this match for days because I knew it was a 30 minute commitment to the same old NEVER style. I really enjoyed it for about 15 minutes but then I got tired of what I was seeing and I found myself flicking through twitter as the match wore on.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

All shows have been cancelled! Not sure when they will take the place, they'll have to reschedule everything.

Status

They just put up part one of an interview with Kota Ibushi. I had heard he was sick and missed some events, but I didn’t know he had influenza and Mallory Weiss syndrome. The combination of the two sounds excruciating.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTiger View Post
    They just put up part one of an interview with Kota Ibushi. I had heard he was sick and missed some events, but I didn’t know he had influenza and Mallory Weiss syndrome. The combination of the two sounds excruciating.
    Yeah, it was scary to hear the symptons honestly. Thankfully he recovered well and got back quickly enough.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread Information