Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: NJPW General Discussion Thread

Relentless Admin

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

There's too much chatter from current champions about wanting to unify titles atm for there not to be some truth to these rumours.

The only positive is, there is definitely too many singles titles in New Japan so binning one off would be a welcome sight to 2020.

Relentless Admin

Status

Ren Narita and Shota Umino are going on excursion; Narita to USA based in the LA Dojo and Umino to the UK. I honestly thought they'd do that the other way around so that Umino is able to make appearances with Moxley, but I guess they want him to have new experiences.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Ren Narita training under Shibata sounds promising. Narita excels at so many things, I can only imagine what more he can develop with Shibata at the helm. Shota Umino will do just fine in the UK. He was pretty over at Royal Quest so I imagine he'll get a bunch of big bookings. Good luck to both of them.

Any news on Kawato or Oka? They've seemed to vanish of the face of the earth. No news even to say if they quit or stopped wrestling. Odd.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Apparently, it's Minoru Suzuki will be leaving New Japan following the Liger match. Probably the right decision, he is a bit stale right now as far as opponents and New Japan is using him in less and less of a top spot nowadays, including not being in the G1.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Not surprised given that he's probably not going to be a main eventer ever again, I think. He's just not a major player anymore. Guess he could go back to NOAH and help them somewhat. But I don't know what his worth is anymore. Would love Suzuki vs Kenoh though. That'd be some good shit.

Meij leaving too apparently

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by RainShaker View Post
    Not surprised given that he's probably not going to be a main eventer ever again, I think. He's just not a major player anymore. Guess he could go back to NOAH and help them somewhat. But I don't know what his worth is anymore. Would love Suzuki vs Kenoh though. That'd be some good shit.

Meij leaving too apparently
    It looks like he is going to NOAH according to Joe Lanza. With all the "shoot guy" showing up, it makes sense. Hopefully it allows Sabre to move up a spot, maybe taking over Suzuki Gun.

Meij leaving is weird. I wonder why? He was brought in to help the US expansion and its arguably got less successful under him.

On Vacation

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Minoru Suzuki leaving NJPW sadden me so much. I love his Work and his Character, but I understand his decision. Sabre JR might be next leader, and I wouldn't mind that happening, but does seniority count in groups for NJPW? If so shouldn't Daichi be the next leader then?

Relentless Admin

Status

If this is true and he’s off straight after the liger match, then what a waste to have never booked Suzuki vs Sabre Jr. I guess the warning signs were there when he was dropped from the G1.

given he wouldn’t be doing an invasion angle with the rest of Suzuki gun, I’m fine with him doing NOAH again, but part of me would of preferred All Japan in terms of fresh matches.

R.I.P. Lionheart

Status
    Tannadice Park, Now Residing at The Emirates
      Country                    Scotland

Sabre-gun.... Nice ring to it tbh

Impact 2014: Rebranding When It Mattered
    Vinny Ru's Black & Red Kru: WCW 2000.....Help.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Remember that he's a freelancer and unlikely to be exclusive to one company. I think his best bet is to basically be limited to big matches only and no more faction nonsense, just letting him do his own thing once every 3 or 4 months and working undercard buildup tags when needed. He's got name value and can still come up big a couple of times a year but we've seen that he doesn't work as a main eventer consistently time and time again. Funnily enough both NOAH and AJPW are gonna be needing new challengers at the start of 2020 and he's in a great position to be in that spot for one or both. NOAH is the better spot stylistically because of all the new guys they brought in and they're just quite a bit hotter at the moment. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him show up at Sumo Hall if those rumors are true.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

No Dragon Lee. Damn. Your usual line up with the like of TJP added in. Really prefer a single Elimination format though. Round Robin burns people out and that's before the world tag league.

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Eventful Press Conference. The mini tournament is basically confirmed. But the real story is Liger's last opponent? Who will it be?

Relentless Admin

Status

That's a cool Jan 4th match for Liger to be involved with so many wrestlers from his past. It won't be a good match, but it'll be nice and significant I'm sure. The Jan 5th is interesting, something got lost in translation this morning where it seemed like Liger would face someone he's never faced before at Jan 5th, but what he really meant was he wants to face these new people before he retires.

I do have a theory that with the weird 2 day event thing that is going to have an unannounced main event on the Sunday up until the first show is over, that they will use Liger's final match as a draw and therefore he's getting a singles match relatively high up the card. However as they didn't announce his Jan 5th opponent, I think that's deliberate to leave it a surprise up to the day. I don't see them doing Okada/Naito on 1 days notice, and with Kota talking so much about wanting to be a double champion, I think that's his story and he'll be put up against Naito on the Sunday in the main event. Ibushi/Naito doesn't burn anything because they've run it so much this year anyway. That would leave Okada free with nothing to do so maybe Liger gets to challenge the current ace on his way out.

Or I'm wrong, it's Naito/Okada and Taguchi challenges Liger

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    That's a cool Jan 4th match for Liger to be involved with so many wrestlers from his past. It won't be a good match, but it'll be nice and significant I'm sure. The Jan 5th is interesting, something got lost in translation this morning where it seemed like Liger would face someone he's never faced before at Jan 5th, but what he really meant was he wants to face these new people before he retires.

I do have a theory that with the weird 2 day event thing that is going to have an unannounced main event on the Sunday up until the first show is over, that they will use Liger's final match as a draw and therefore he's getting a singles match relatively high up the card. However as they didn't announce his Jan 5th opponent, I think that's deliberate to leave it a surprise up to the day. I don't see them doing Okada/Naito on 1 days notice, and with Kota talking so much about wanting to be a double champion, I think that's his story and he'll be put up against Naito on the Sunday in the main event. Ibushi/Naito doesn't burn anything because they've run it so much this year anyway. That would leave Okada free with nothing to do so maybe Liger gets to challenge the current ace on his way out.

Or I'm wrong, it's Naito/Okada and Taguchi challenges Liger
    I'm intrigued at seeing Fujinami and how well he can still wrestle. This is very far fetched and more just fan fantasy but I would love to see Kawato take on Liger on that final day. Liger is very selfless like that and seems pretty in character. I don't see it happening though. Blanking on names otherwise. Maybe Tanahashi but I assume he has Jericho.

I can see Ibushi winning against Okada and they definitely aren't giving him a one day reign if he does. They've put a ton of emphasis on the Ibushi vs Naito feud in the past year so it makes sense for the main event of the second show.

WAKE UP

Status

would be pretty cool if they had Sano being Liger's final match given their history

WAKE UP

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post

Just hit me - no Kanemoto, what the fuck?

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    Hong Kong

Kanemoto had an unclean exit from NJPW when he left for AJPW full time around 2012. He really should be there though, especially since he's arguably still the best worker in the match if he were there along with Otani, it was a different place in his life back then.

We can tell other people about...having faith. What we had faith in. What we found important enough to fight for. It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future~

Follow me on Twitter - @DylanZeroSky

Eastern Lariat - Japanese Wrestling (w/Dylan Fox (me) & Cagematch.net boss STRIGGA)

Check out our Patreon and support me please? 1/3/5 dollar tiers but any one is good! - The Eastern Lariat

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread Information