Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: NJPW General Discussion Thread

EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Status
      Country                    England

Re: NJPW General Discussion Thread

Good, he sucks as a commentator, enjoy his translations and his writing but he's way too dorky to have on commentary and he spoils big matches for me. I've switched back to Japanese commentary now.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status
      Country                    United States

Yeah, he seems like a nice guy and all, but he was pretty rough especially when it came to the big moment. He was like Ocelot in MGSV where even when big stuff happens he just couldn't turn off his exposition mode.

Status
      Country                    Jamaica

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Good, he sucks as a commentator, enjoy his translations and his writing but he's way too dorky to have on commentary and he spoils big matches for me. I've switched back to Japanese commentary now.
    I still stick with English comms because I like Romero as a personality but I think the commentary sounds extremely inauthentic most of the time and it just doesn't click with the product. I think Charlton's a part of that problem. He's happy to translate but he's also happy to give us too many history lessons and shit. He goes off on tangents and doesn't call what he's actually seeing. Just imagine if that happened in a football game or some shit. It'd be crap to listen to and wouldn't engage me. I think, even with a very basic and limited understanding of Japanese or none at all, the commentary team clearly get over the big moments of the match.

Just translations is fine and might actually help.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Yeah, he seems like a nice guy and all, but he was pretty rough especially when it came to the big moment. He was like Ocelot in MGSV where even when big stuff happens he just couldn't turn off his exposition mode.
    Ocelot's not a gimp though.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

TAKE THE DREAM~

Status

I'm fine with the English commentary for the first part of the shows. Adds some intrigue to the match and you get to learn a few things but when it comes to the important stuff and it's time to shut up and focus, it can be very annoying. Glad they are just using Charlton for translations now. I'm sure he is more than happy sitting at ringside and doing that, so no harm.

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I think Rocky is by far the best commentator they've ever had, and a million times better when it was Kelly and Don on there. If I watch it with Rocky I'm never tempted to flip like the others but I generally think the Japanese one is much better. Kelly oddly sometimes seems to try to emulate them on big moments. Regardless, less historical lessons and letting matches breathe more is nothing but good.

EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Status

A few years ago I thought Kelly was good but then years of listening to him screaming out finisher names during counts has become so very tedious.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BREAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINMAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...................MAINTAINS WRIST CONTROL.............RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINNNNNMAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

WC Hall Of Famer

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    A few years ago I thought Kelly was good but then years of listening to him screaming out finisher names during counts has become so very tedious.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS TIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNNNNNNN OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM BREAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINMAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...................MAINTAINS WRIST CONTROL.............RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAINNNNNMAKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
    At least you don’t have to hear him scream out V-Trigger anymore now that Kenny is gone.

VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TRIGGERRRRRRRRRRRRR!

Lately I’ve been using the Japanese commentary. I don’t understand a thing they’re saying besides the names of the wrestlers, but I enjoy their enthusiasm. When I do listen to the English side I don’t mind Rocky, and I never did mind Don that much tbh.

Rest in power, Flock U

Team Cyrus T is Best for Business

Quote Originally Posted by Ed
    Stop the hating of the E-Feds. If you don't like something, that's fine, just ignore it and let the people who do enjoy what they're here on WC to do. Mocking them to make you feel less of a geek for being on a geek on a wrestling forum is lame. If you want to not read their posts, I can fix that for you.

Status

Looks like fan pushback has caused Charlton to be reinstated as a proper commentator. Fuck sake.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Status

According to WON there’s been a push back from fans so he’s back on commentary again.

Fans suck

edit - shake got their first.
    Last edited by Ed; 07-18-2019 at 08:45 AM.

Status

Yeah, fans do suck.

I bet reddit had something to do with this reading the thread on there about him is pretty funny.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Mr. Victory Through Guts

Status

I hate to say it because I personally am not his biggest fan in big matches as said, but they did the right thing to bring him back tbh. The fan outcry was too much & things have gone too far South in the US to risk ANY possible resentment from fans, particularly foreigners.

I think the Japanese commentary is better anyway so...

EVERYTHING IS EVIL

Status

So why did Ospreay's elevated music suddenly get fucked by music rights for the G1, I always figured it was New Japan that got that theme for Will in the first place.

Status

I'm pretty sure I seen somewhere that there was issues with the rights from the label company or some shit.

~
    ~ THE KING OF KINGS ~~
    Spoiler:

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread Information