Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chris Jericho wants to be the Brock Lesnar of New Japan

YES! YES! YES!

Status
      Country                    England

Chris Jericho wants to be the Brock Lesnar of New Japan

Chris Jericho did an interview with Busted Open Radio that gave a bit of insight into his plans going forward with New Japan

When asked about his plans for NJPW:“It’s… don’t oversaturate; I’m not going to join the G1 Climax and be just another guy. I want to do the Brock Lesnar idea in New Japan. I just want to hit my spots and come and go, almost where you’re like, ‘This guy is never there, but when he’s there he makes an impact.’ And that might be the extent of it, so I just have to reevaluate and see what I want to do next wrestling wise. What can I do and make an impact, what is available timing wise, and how is the body holding up.”
    Interesting to hear that's his mindset. As the rise in popularity of WK 12 showed, Jericho was a draw overseas for New Japan and there is definitely more money on the table to be made than just one match with Kenny Omega and as New Years Dash confirmed, they are already setting up a match against Tetsuya Naito. I loved his performance in the Omega match, especially his disrespecting foreign superstar attitude beating up young boys and swearing at commentators.

I think the Brock Lesnar type of schedule with limited dates will help as well. As much as I'd like to see Chris Jericho work a G1 and work with a bunch of smaller names like Juice or Ishii, he is older than Tenzan, I don't think his body would hold up to the schedule, plus it would reduce that special attraction feel of his matches if he worked 9 more singles match in a month.

One way I don't see him being like Brock Lesnar is I don't think he'll be overprotected and win the top title without hardly being there. He's already lost to Omega and I don't see him beating Naito either with Naito probably due for another match with Okada later in the year. For sure I think he will lose more than he wins.

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Re: Chris Jericho wants to be the Brock Lesnar of New Japan

I wanna be the Brock Lesnar of my workplace too. I just want to hit my spots and come and go, almost where you’re like, ‘This guy is never there, but when he’s there he makes an impact.’

Quote Originally Posted by Dakstang
    You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

MACHKA

Status
      Country                    Russian Federation

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    Chris Jericho did an interview with Busted Open Radio that gave a bit of insight into his plans going forward with New Japan

Interesting to hear that's his mindset. As the rise in popularity of WK 12 showed, Jericho was a draw overseas for New Japan and there is definitely more money on the table to be made than just one match with Kenny Omega and as New Years Dash confirmed, they are already setting up a match against Tetsuya Naito. I loved his performance in the Omega match, especially his disrespecting foreign superstar attitude beating up young boys and swearing at commentators.

I think the Brock Lesnar type of schedule with limited dates will help as well. As much as I'd like to see Chris Jericho work a G1 and work with a bunch of smaller names like Juice or Ishii, he is older than Tenzan, I don't think his body would hold up to the schedule, plus it would reduce that special attraction feel of his matches if he worked 9 more singles match in a month.

One way I don't see him being like Brock Lesnar is I don't think he'll be overprotected and win the top title without hardly being there. He's already lost to Omega and I don't see him beating Naito either with Naito probably due for another match with Okada later in the year. For sure I think he will lose more than he wins.
    Not claiming to know anything about NJPW (i.e I don’t know how important wins/losses are in the company) but surely that would ruin the allure of Jericho competing there, no?

YES! YES! YES!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tig View Post
    Not claiming to know anything about NJPW (i.e I don’t know how important wins/losses are in the company) but surely that would ruin the allure of Jericho competing there, no?
    Over time it probably would, at the moment he's hot enough to get over stuff like that. If he's serious about not working smaller show, that'll mean he's not around to pick up victories on road to shows tag matches, so all he'll have are these big money matches he works a couple times a year. I imagine any victories he picks up will be if he's in a series of matches with someone and he draws first blood. can win the battles, but not the war kind of thing.

By not working the tournaments he'll avoid the couple of loses that even the likes of Okada, Naito and Omega have to go through in order to balance out the standings.

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Hmm, this makes me wonder how his match with Naito will go. Since he is planning to show up for big events only, he has to win some of them. This makes me think the Naito match will happen more then once. One match he wins, the other he loses.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Scumbag Role Model

Status
      Country                    United States

Quote Originally Posted by Marketh View Post
    I wanna be the Brock Lesnar of my workplace too. I just want to hit my spots and come and go, almost where you’re like, ‘This guy is never there, but when he’s there he makes an impact.’
    I’m actually pretty lucky that I have the opportunity to work for home and be the Brock Lesnar of my firm.
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Tennessee Nicky View Post
    I’m actually pretty lucky that I have the opportunity to work for home and be the Brock Lesnar of my firm.
    Somehow I don't think Jericho would be into being squashed in a few seconds by Goldberg though.

You can't have a reasonable discussion about serious topics with people like Marketh around.

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Does this mean he’s going to go up to people in the back and tell them to hit him or kiss him?

Currently enjoying a plate of Pulpo Gallego via Tapastalk.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Status

Well people have been bored as hell with Brock for some time now, at least I have. I wouldn't aspire to be like that.

I think Jericho and Omega was the perfect build, and actually delivered in their match. Will Jericho be able to capture the same magic with other guys? Jericho has proven to reinvent himself, and with New Japan I guess it is possible for him to have another amazing build with someone.

God's Gift to God

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post
    Does this mean he’s going to go up to people in the back and tell them to hit him or kiss him?

Beat me to it you beautiful bastard

Last Real Man Hype

Status

I think Jericho’s just really into Sable.

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Jericho Rumble return confirmed.

God's Gift to God

Status

It's crazy that like 2 years ago he was getting worked by lesnar and now wants to emulate him

Scumbag Role Model

Status

Fuckface City.

BITCH
    -------
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiZ-R View Post
    What the fuck is happening to you guys? I once got a blowjob where she used her teeth a little bit too much and I ended up with a bloody dick, I still enjoyed the blowjob up to the point I started bleeding. I can honestly say that I have never had anything I would call a bad blowjob, that wasn't a great experience but up until I started gushing blood I was having a great time!
    Spoiler:

Sky Blue Hyper Technican

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji Vice View Post

Jericho is going to ask Jericho to kiss him. That would be an accomplishment.
    Spoiler:

Milano Forever!

Crotchety Old SMOD

Status
      Country                    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    Sounds kinda hot to me.

Ask Fuji|2018 Movie Log

Help decide WC's Fave Five WWE Superstars~!

​​​

Quote Originally Posted by Wang Chung
    Fuji- got his hint possibly town but also threatened Cox with a burrito up his ass

Last Real Man Hype

Status

Quote Originally Posted by MC 16 View Post
    "Kiss him! KISS HIM!"

YES! YES! YES!

Status

So Chris Jericho has been announced for Raw25 despite being very much in New Japan’s plans in 2018. That is some relationship he has with Vince.

Tranquilo, Cabron

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Ed View Post
    So Chris Jericho has been announced for Raw25 despite being very much in New Japan’s plans in 2018. That is some relationship he has with Vince.
    Did you listen to the Wrestle Kingdom preview podcast he did with Callis? He talked about how much he was shitting it before cluing Vince in on his plans and it seems like they have something like a father-son relationship. There's also the possibility that New Japan just isn't on Vince's radar at all and he's not paying close enough attention to realise that they are actively attempting to move in on "his territory", as it were.

It'll be interesting to see what Jericho's doing though. Not that I plan on watching it. I'm done with RAW completely these days, I just listen to the POSTwrestling recaps and call it a day. Can't be sitting through three hours of that shit anymore. It's not worth it when there's so much other, far preferable (to me) material out there.

Mid-Card Champion

Status
      Country                    Wales

I think if Jericho wants to be NJPW's Brock Lesnar, then that's cool. He was a huge draw for them for WK12. Apparently he made more money in his limited appearances during the build and the show itself than he did in his final 6 months in WWE. Crazy that NJPW has that sort of money to throw around right now.
    I think Jericho will beat Naito in their match as I believe that the plan is to then do Jericho vs Okada. If that is indeed the plan then it doesn't make sense for Jericho to lose to Naito and then challenge Okada off the back of 2 losses. Naito losing also plays into his long term storyline since he's the man NJPW want to build up as their next huge star, so taking a loss against Jericho can kick start his build towards that peak.

Jericho appearing on Raw 25 isn't a shock to me. It's pretty well documented now that he has a very good relationship with Vince, HHH and WWE so I think they're happy to support him in any way possible in his other ventures as long as he helps them out too, which is something he's perfectly happy to do. It wouldn't have been right doing Raw 25 without Jericho given how much he's contributed to the show over his time in the company.

Thread Information