Thread: Who should be THE guy?

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status
      Country                    us=United States

Who should be THE guy?

Simple question. Who should be THE guy to fly the Impact flag and represent their brand?

Right now they don’t have a whole lot of potential choices. El Patron, Mundo, Drake and Lashley are all hanging out in the World Title scene right now. Rumors have Mysterio coming in, and they also have a lot of untapped talent in the undercard?

Who do you view that Impact should be using to represent their brand?

I'm your Huckleberry

Status
      Country                    Puerto Rico

Re: Who should be THE guy?

That's the Million Dollar question isn't it right now? I feel Impact right now is trying to figure that out themselves and personally Action should be the top face and Drake being number 2 right now. Action is a known Wrestler outside of Impact as we all know and I think he has the character, and abilities to bring in people. I mean even know I've seen plenty of Action/Mundo Matches over the years and I feel everytime I see something new from him. Also if Impact ever wanted to see Action as a heel he did it successfully in Lucha Underground, and theirs no doubt in my mind he could do it Impact in the future if they went that route.

Drake to me is the best talker in the company right now, he just needs to start hitting that stride as a Wrestler in the ring. One of the best performances I remember to date for him, was the Gauntlet that lead to him winning the title in the first place. After that it's been up and down for him especially at Bound for Glory which as a whole was a disappointing PPV, he really did help things either in the Main with Mundo. Now I blame Impact for having Patron getting involved towards the end of the Match, but I don't remember anything special from the Match and when a Match doesn't go well they usually blame the Champion especially the World Champion.

Real Women of Genius
    Ongoing, click the link if you want to take a tour of Women's Wrestling
    HoHo's Excellent Adventure

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Hey Yo!

Status

EC3 is still the best guy they have for a flagship talent. Drake is probably second. Jonny is much better as a heel so if they give him a faction like LU did then he could run with it. Patron and Lashley are proven failed champions just boring as all fuck. Mysterio is 100 and that would totally be an impact move making him THE guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Booty View Post
    EC3 is still the best guy they have for a flagship talent. Drake is probably second. Jonny is much better as a heel so if they give him a faction like LU did then he could run with it. Patron and Lashley are proven failed champions just boring as all fuck. Mysterio is 100 and that would totally be an impact move making him THE guy.

Patron I would give ya has failed so far, but Lashley title reigns especially when he was double champion was really interesting to watch. He was really dominating and felt like their Lesnar for their company, then Impact went away from him and now he's Wrestling with Moose while American Top Ten is getting involved.

Real Women of Genius

Let's get the Time Machine and go back in time dudes and dudettes to the classics

Hey Yo!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    Patron I would give ya has failed so far, but Lashley title reigns especially when he was double champion was really interesting to watch. He was really dominating and felt like their Lesnar for their company, then Impact went away from him and now he's Wrestling with Moose while American Top Ten is getting involved.
    Lashley is boring as is Lesnar though. I can just never buy into Bobble Head Bobby as the main man especially when he speaks.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

Lashley is boring as is Lesnar though. I can just never buy into Bobble Head Bobby as the main man especially when he speaks.

I think you're comparing Lashley in WWE rather than his Title Runs with Impact might be wrong there. Lashley doesn't to talk, he did, but he handled his business in the ring and boy when he was champ he took on guys like Roode, Storm, Galloway among others and did his thing. I rather take that Lashley back in my life, than Lashley rolling with American Top Team and doing nothing, but beatdowns.

Real Women of Genius

Hey Yo!

Status

Quote Originally Posted by Kairi HoHo View Post
    I think you're comparing Lashley in WWE rather than his Title Runs with Impact might be wrong there. Lashley doesn't to talk, he did, but he handled his business in the ring and boy when he was champ he took on guys like Roode, Storm, Galloway among others and did his thing. I rather take that Lashley back in my life, than Lashley rolling with American Top Team and doing nothing, but beatdowns.
    No I’m talking about impact I can read the name of the section. He was a boring champ man.

I'm your Huckleberry

Status

No I’m talking about impact I can read the name of the section. He was a boring champ man.

Agree to disagree. Some people didn't like his run as Champion, but I sure did. As for EC3 Impact needs to decide what will they do with him. It seems everytime he gets momentum they are changing him from a heel to face and back to heel. Right now he's getting that momentum back as a heel as Grand Champion, hopefully it stays that way.

Real Women of Genius

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

Lashley isnt that bad. He will be a giant deal if he goes back to the WWE.

Problem with Lashley is that’s Impact brings everyone down with them. So everyone who goes, even if they put out good work seems like has been.

That’s why Impact needs to either bring in someone who will elevate the brand, and there aren’t a lot of guys out there who can do that. Bullet Club, Daniel Bryan, CM Punk etc.

OR

They can pick their guys. EC3, Dezmond, Eli Drake, etc. They can use guys like Mysterio, Patron, even guys like Ryback if they want, but use them to come in for High profile programs with their own top talent and put their top talent over. At the same time put on awesome matches that make people think your own talent are the best in the world. Elevate the brand by elevating talent.
    Last edited by RobyD; 01-11-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Curtain Jerker

Status
      Country                    Argentina

as far as this new era, definitively Brian Cage (he's gonna debut in these weeks), looks, size, strenght, speed, agility, really stands out from the rest of the crew

Sweet Meat

Status

if brian cage becomes THE guy i'm quitting

Spoiler:

I solemnly swear I am up to no good

Quote Originally Posted by Steve
    I stopped reading when it became clear it was the same butthurt smarkf*g "real wrasslin'" crybaby rant on every youtube vid featuring Cena.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff Bagwell on John Cena
    But I think he's bigger than Buff Bagwell. I really do.
    [02:00 AM] Dakstang : girls ain't dudes

Johnny Cash Lis'nen

Status

Personally I am all for Aries becoming the face of Impact for a while.

I’ve also got a huge interest in Rey Mysterio in Impact. I already had the stance that if used sparingly to make big dream matches, Rey could be pretty damn valuable. Now he’s returned to the Rumble which raises his equity along with the fact that he’s in plenty good shape to keep on putting out a couple matches a year.

Thread Information